PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Game of the year edition.

Pages : [1] 2

Stevesixty7
04-03-2016, 01:15
No problem with the launch of this but I do have concerns, the main one being, are us who bought the game on release, and subsequently purchased all of the dlc, being kicked in the teeth here? I have all but one of the content, which I still want but I don't want to feel that I have been taken for a ride (good eh?) I suppose it all depends on the price of this Game of the year addition, but it would leave a sour taste in the mouth of many if this seemingly gives all of the content free. If I'm reading this wrong, I'm sure you'll let me know ;) Edit: Thread should read Edition, my bad.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
04-03-2016, 01:26
It's normal for GOTY editions to have all DLC included (that's the general practice really). That's the sort of price break you get when you patiently wait for a ~year before buying a game.

JessicaWalter
04-03-2016, 02:00
the standard game dropped in price a lot quicker than i would have thought. it was $20 around christmas. even if i knew that was going to happen, or if i knew about a goty edition, i still wouldn't have waited. ive said to a number of people that if i had payed $120 for the base game without dlc i still would feel like it was worth it. this game is something special and im extremely grateful that those of us on consoles were blessed with the opportunity to experience this depth and maturity in a game. the market has skewed towards impatient children and im glad teams like sms know that not everyone on a console has the attention span of a teletubby. :)

mi6_
04-03-2016, 02:05
This is totally a kick in the teeth for all the loyal players. So I have to buy the game again to get exclusive content?

E_Luckow
04-03-2016, 02:09
This is totally a kick in the teeth for all the loyal players. So I have to buy the game again to get exclusive content?

Plain and simple: NO

T0MMY
04-03-2016, 02:09

The new content is available as DLC.

Ian Bell
04-03-2016, 02:46
No problem with the launch of this but I do have concerns, the main one being, are us who bought the game on release, and subsequently purchased all of the dlc, being kicked in the teeth here? I have all but one of the content, which I still want but I don't want to feel that I have been taken for a ride (good eh?) I suppose it all depends on the price of this Game of the year addition, but it would leave a sour taste in the mouth of many if this seemingly gives all of the content free. If I'm reading this wrong, I'm sure you'll let me know ;) Edit: Thread should read Edition, my bad.

You weren't kicked in the teeth. You could choose to buy or not to buy anything we released. The base game is selling at half price in many areas so the extra content at full price isn't free with regard to prevailing market prices.

Ian Bell
04-03-2016, 02:46

No, you can choose to not buy. It's your call.

04-03-2016, 02:57
This is totally a kick in the teeth for all the loyal players. So I have to buy the game again to get exclusive content?To point out clearly, the content will be available as a DLC, the exclusivity refers to the cars only being available in pCARS and no other game (so far).

Pfalzdriver
04-03-2016, 06:59
To point out clearly, the content will be available as a DLC, the exclusivity refers to the cars only being available in pCARS and no other game (so far).

The Endurance-Version of the Nords, too? Because "exclusive" usually means "exclusive." And everybody knows I'm a big fan of the Nords, but for sure I wont buy the game again to get this track. :)

Jaroslav Turna
04-03-2016, 07:21
Do people make threads like this in other games forums? I mean there is GOTY edition of many games and it was like that for a few years. Did people feel "kicked in the teeth" when for example Borderlands did their GOTY few years back? This is genuine question, as I'm not active in any other game forums.

Enkidu
04-03-2016, 07:28
Will it be possible for those who own the game but not any or at least not all DLCs to buy an GOTY "upgrade", a package with all DLCs but without the base game?

TheDoctor46
04-03-2016, 07:35
Do people make threads like this in other games forums? I mean there is GOTY edition of many games and it was like that for a few years. Did people feel "kicked in the teeth" when for example Borderlands did their GOTY few years back? This is genuine question, as I'm not active in any other game forums.
Viva la internet. Thats pretty much it I guess... :/

Bealdor
04-03-2016, 07:52

Short (and sad) answer: Yes.

m355y
04-03-2016, 07:55
As long as the DLC is available to buy separately it's hardly a kick in the teeth. Pay a bit extra to get stuff when it's released or sit on your arse for a year by which point the game itself has dropped in price massively anyway? I know people aren't happy with a few things but for me this is a complete non-issue.

Blueflight
04-03-2016, 07:57
Are we sure the mentioned Nordschleife + F1 Grand Prix track is the combined layout they use for the 24hr or VLN races?
I remember that there was an engine problem handling the long combined circuit. Would be awesome though.

cluck
04-03-2016, 08:10
On this forum, some day in the future :

Slightly Mad Studios are pleased to announce that, from today, owners of Project CARS can add to their already impressive collection of in-game cars with the possibility of adding every single car ever manufactured. Yes, that's right, every single car that has been made will be available to purchase and install. You will be able to buy each car individually for £0.50 GBP or the whole collection in the special, strictly limited, Leno DLC Pack™, for £75 GBP. But wait, there's more! Our track artists have also been working around the clock to model every single race track across the globe, including every historical version. These will also be available for £0.50 GBP per track or as a bulk purchase for £50 GBP.

We hope this satisfies every petrol head's dream to drive any car they like at any circuit in the world.

Project CARS. By Racers. For Racers

So wait, if I pay £75 for the car pack, do I get a discount for the cars I've already purchased? I mean, I bought the game at release and every DLC since then, so I've spent nearly that already. SMS should give people like me the DLC for free. I'm disgusted with this price gouging and I will never buy a SMS game again :mad:

pollinho123
04-03-2016, 08:25
I don't see what's the problem here. You have all the content that you were willing to pay for and now there is a new package for everyone that is late for the party. I'm not mad at my local supermarket if bananas are on offer a week after I bought some.
You can still enjoy every single car in the game in combination wit every single track in the game, so nothing changed.

And roughly 100€ are still a good deal for the almost 400h that I played pCars.

Ian Bell
04-03-2016, 08:30
Are we sure the mentioned Nordschleife + F1 Grand Prix track is the combined layout they use for the 24hr or VLN races?
I remember that there was an engine problem handling the long combined circuit. Would be awesome though.

It is. We overcame the problems as you guys asked for it. The license cost us money and the work cost us money, so we're charging for it.

Chris12345
04-03-2016, 08:34
It is. We overcame the problems as you guys asked for it. The license cost us money and the work cost us money, so we're charging for it.

Awesome!!!!!

azidahaka
04-03-2016, 08:36

Thanks for clearing up an addition license was required.

Invincible
04-03-2016, 09:00

Great work guys. You never cease to amaze me! :D Thank you for your efforts. Just keep 'em coming!

Flat_out
04-03-2016, 09:04
Take take take.Some folks are never happy!!

A buzzin hornet
04-03-2016, 09:28
the standard game dropped in price a lot quicker than i would have thought. it was $20 around christmas. even if i knew that was going to happen, or if i knew about a goty edition, i still wouldn't have waited. ive said to a number of people that if i had payed $120 for the base game without dlc i still would feel like it was worth it. this game is something special and im extremely grateful that those of us on consoles were blessed with the opportunity to experience this depth and maturity in a game. the market has skewed towards impatient children and im glad teams like sms know that not everyone on a console has the attention span of a teletubby. :)

Yup I feel the same here,
Am I right in thinking that the game will be released on disc with all dlc available on the actual disc itself?
Because if it is I will be buying it
A classic in its original packaging :D

DozUK
04-03-2016, 09:31

And I am happy to pay for it, many thanks Ian. I've had this game from day one, paid for all DLC so far and hope it keeps coming. PCars is incredible and has evolved really nicely over the last year. I'm a console player and previously played Forza and Gran Turismo, this game knocks all iterations of those games for six, it really does. I love it. So much so I've joined WMD for Pcars 2 and that whole experience is something else too. The level of exposure to the development of game like this incredible, I'm really glad I signed up to it.

GOTY is a natural evolution with top games that amass DLC along it's first year. There is no surprise here so I'm unsure why people are upset? The only issue I had with the announcement was that it appeared that this version had exclusivity with cars and tracks but that's been cleared up so I'm glad I bought into a year ago and fun with it rather than pick it up now as a compendium.

Great game

R74NN
04-03-2016, 09:32

There is separate license needed for the combined layout?

Will the actual track(s) be updated to recent state or you "just" merge the two we already have in game?

Yorkie065
04-03-2016, 09:47
There is separate license needed for the combined layout?

Will the actual track(s) be updated to recent state or you "just" merge the two we already have in game?

I imagine a license is required for every variation of the track they want to use, otherwise they'd get the license and then make it for the game with every variation it comes with within whatever time span the devs have to make them.

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 10:24
Take take take.Some folks are never happy!!

Indeed. I'm still waiting for Ian to come over and give me a neck massage as was promised as part of my WMD perks. Or maybe it wasn't promised, but I'm still expecting it.

Konan
04-03-2016, 10:40
Indeed. I'm still waiting for Ian to come over and give me a neck massage as was promised as part of my WMD perks. Or maybe it wasn't promised, but I'm still expecting it.

Do you really want the WOOKIE to touch your neck :confused: :cool:

Ian Bell
04-03-2016, 10:44

I'm the boss, you massage me.

Invincible
04-03-2016, 10:44
Do you really want the WOOKIE to touch your neck :confused: :cool:

A "gentle" touch might snap your neck and you're a goner.

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 10:45
I like it rough.

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 10:46
Did I overlook that in my perks? :eek:

Ian Bell
04-03-2016, 10:49

(Sorry, I'm in full Conor McGregor mode before the fight tomorrow).

Joshua Healy
04-03-2016, 10:51
Did I overlook that in my perks? :eek:

You're a moderator.... You're supposed to moderate Ian's tension levels.

Konan
04-03-2016, 10:51

Bad mindset to give a massage imo...

Ingo_Schwartz
04-03-2016, 10:53
This will be a great addition to the game!

That is all.

Konan
04-03-2016, 10:54
This will be a great addition to the game!

That is all.

What...the massage? Lol

cluck
04-03-2016, 10:55
I'm the boss, you massage me.You have PM :yes:

oh, wait, I thought you said "message me" :o.

Ian Bell
04-03-2016, 10:58
Well, I've pulled this one off topic.

Now. Massages...

cluck
04-03-2016, 10:59
Bad mindset to give a massage imo...Yeah, wouldn't want to be sending out mixed massages :o.

(I'll get my coat)

Konan
04-03-2016, 11:01
Yeah, wouldn't want to be sending out mixed massages :o.

(I'll get my coat)

Massaging a WOOKIE brings to mind the scene in "Friends" where Ross has to massage an old man...using two wooden spoons....lol

MysterG
04-03-2016, 11:04

There can be only one!!!

http://www.mattsmoviereviews.net/Images/highlanderimage01.jpg

Hang on ... I think I'm a little Conorfused :distress:

Neil Bateman
04-03-2016, 11:06
Yeah, wouldn't want to be sending out mixed massages :o.

(I'll get my coat)

Your coat appears to get an unusual amount of use cluck, or do you have plenty of them and spread the workload?

Invincible
04-03-2016, 11:08
Your coat appears to get an unusual amount of use cluck, or do you have plenty of them and spread the workload?

Now that you've said it, he DOES get his coat quite often...

Ian Bell
04-03-2016, 11:10
It was this that inspired me.

'Dance for me Nate, dance for me but don't look me in the eye'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxSq5TxBzpA

Bealdor
04-03-2016, 11:12

I like that! I'm lovin' me some double coated chicken (https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/recipes/double-coated-chicken-with-kelloggs-corn-flake-crumbs.html)!

cluck
04-03-2016, 11:14

Now that you've said it, he DOES get his coat quite often...I bought a job lot of 10,000 of them back in 2001 when I first joined an internet forum as I knew I was going to be grabbing them quite often ;).

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 11:15
Well, I've pulled this one off topic.

Now. Massages...
I'm impressed no-one posted the well-known picture of you getting a nice bathtub massage by two pretty ladies yet.

But hey, the thread could go even worse by bringing coleslaw to the table.

(Any coat left for me, Cluck?)

Invincible
04-03-2016, 11:15
I like that! I'm lovin' me some double coated chicken (https://www.kelloggsfamilyrewards.com/en_US/recipes/double-coated-chicken-with-kelloggs-corn-flake-crumbs.html)!

Stop that! Great. Now I want to cover Cluck in Kelloggs and eat him

cluck
04-03-2016, 11:18
Stop that! Great. Now I want to cover Cluck in Kelloggs and eat himThat is so VERY wrong Patrick, so so very wrong indeed :o.

Bealdor
04-03-2016, 11:18

Whatever floats your boat... :p

Ian Bell
04-03-2016, 11:19

Cluck in Kelloggs, that's quality there :)

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 11:20
You'll "have a good friend over for dinner" then? ;)

Got it, Hannibal.

Invincible
04-03-2016, 11:20
That is so VERY wrong Patrick, so so very wrong indeed :o.

Well, according to some people, eating bacon is also wrong.:rolleyes:

Joshua Healy
04-03-2016, 11:24

This officially just got wierd... Kelloggs Cluck Flakes.

cluck
04-03-2016, 11:25
I believe the phrase is "Well that escalated quickly" :o.

This thread is now almost too weird even for me :eek:.

Ian Bell
04-03-2016, 11:29
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI

Invincible
04-03-2016, 11:31
I believe the phrase is "Well that escalated quickly" :o.

This thread is now almost too weird even for me :eek:.

I'm sorry for taking it too far...:o well, not so much. Only a bit. But still a bit.

cluck
04-03-2016, 11:35
No, you didn't take it too far. See this line below?

Looks empty doesn't it? Right, well, imagine a monitor that is a billion light-years wide. Got that picture in your head? Good. Right at the very right of the monitor screen is a line. You just crossed it.

:p

(only kidding mate, it's all good natured fun)

R74NN
04-03-2016, 11:36
Haven't anyone seen a moderator on these forums lately?

Yorkie065
04-03-2016, 11:42

Hasn't*

LOL!!!

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 11:43
Yep, saw one. He read two postings, then fled in panic. So you guys are on your own with this one.

Benjamin Benichou
04-03-2016, 12:01
After Tom Burger, now we have Kelloggs Cluck Flakes. ^^
We like the food nickname on wmd :D

Umer Ahmad
04-03-2016, 12:11
Dafuq happens around here when it's not my watch?

(unsheaths Tilbanhammer)

Konan
04-03-2016, 12:14

(unsheaths Tilbanhammer)

RUN! It's Umer with his almighty hammer!

cluck

(unsheaths Tilbanhammer)229119 <------------ He started it sir :).

Sankyo

(unsheaths Tilbanhammer)
Wookie drops in, that's dafuq happened.

cluck
04-03-2016, 12:15

(unsheaths Tilbanhammer)You cannot ban me Umer. If you do, I will become more sarcastic than you could possibly imagine ;).

Konan
04-03-2016, 12:16
229119 <------------ He started it sir :).

I can witness that (although it was Remco starting actually)

Invincible
04-03-2016, 12:19

I can witness that (although it was Remco starting actually)

I really love the forum for moments like this!

cluck
04-03-2016, 12:23
I can witness that (although it was Remco starting actually)Careful now ;).

you see, Ian can't ban you. He can request that you are banned by the mods but I am not sure he possesses "the power" (and this is not an invitation for Ian to test his powers :D). Remco, however, he has all of the powers and is not one to be trifled with. I don't fear many people on here, but unlike Blue Oyster Cult, I do fear the Remco :o.

Konan
04-03-2016, 12:23
Although it doesn't speak in the Wookie's favor suddenly disappearing....

All good now Remco? :cool:

cornishbrooksy
04-03-2016, 12:26
What the bloody hell is going on in here....

Y'all too weird for me....I'm out.

Bealdor
04-03-2016, 12:27
...He can request that you are banned by the mods but I am not sure he possesses "the power"...

I can assure you that he does. ;)

Konan
04-03-2016, 12:27

Just joking around...started a couple of pages back. :cool:

Konan
04-03-2016, 12:29
I can assure you that he does. ;)

Ok...I know everything...I know noooothing....Manuel tell the truth!
Yes mr Fawlty...I know noooooothing...lol

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 12:30

See, I predicted that :)

Ian Bell
04-03-2016, 12:32

Technically, and I'll submit it to evidence, Remco started it.

Konan
04-03-2016, 12:33

See...told you...:cool:

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 12:37
I post a genuinely entitled demand and it gets mistaken for a joke to lighten up the atmosphere. Ridiculous.

cluck
04-03-2016, 12:37
Uh oh :(

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 12:38

I always wondered how to pronounce "Öyster".

cluck
04-03-2016, 12:45
I always wondered how to pronounce "Öyster".Easter :). The name came about when one of the band members didn't get any easter eggs one year and proceeded to swear for 3 solid days, turning the air a vivid shade of blue. Originally, his fellow members called him "that blue Easter c**t" but they didn't think it was very marketable. A quick scratching of heads and this is the name they came up with. True story :yes:.

(I think it's pronounced the same way as oyster to be honest)

Sergi01978
04-03-2016, 13:04
I'm impressed no-one posted the well-known picture of you getting a nice bathtub massage by two pretty ladies yet.

But hey, the thread could go even worse by bringing coleslaw to the table.

(Any coat left for me, Cluck?)

I don't fear the Remco, but I do fear this muck....

http://162.61.226.249/PicOriginal/P121410613120556_5.jpg

Edit: That didn't work as planned :(

Sergi01978
04-03-2016, 13:17
Please ignore this post, I'm having a moment.
@ Remco, thanks for fixing the last post xxx

Invincible
04-03-2016, 13:19
I don't fear the Remco, but I do fear this muck....

http://162.61.226.249/PicOriginal/P121410613120556_5.jpg

Edit: That didn't work as planned :(

That worked out delicious!

marcioindau
04-03-2016, 13:41
Fail of the year edition.

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 13:44
Fail of the year edition.
Not funny, and no smiley either. No coleslaw for you.

04-03-2016, 13:49

229120Chickens don't fear the Remco, nor do the mods, the devs or CA's...

FS7
04-03-2016, 13:56
I'm not surprised about a GOTY edition but I expected it to be announced and released after SMS is done releasing DLC for PCars1.

This GOTY will definitely be a great deal for people who still haven't bought PCars (aka the fools who still aren't enjoying the good things PCars has to offer).
There's some questions that are probably in people's minds:
-is there any more DLC after the Pagani/Nurburgring Expansion?
-is there any more DLC after the GOTY is released?
-are all the updates/DLC going to be on the disc? (maybe have the base game on one disc and updates/DLC on another disc?)
-is there going to be a digital GOTY version? How about a GOTY DLC bundle for people who have the base game but didn't buy any DLC?

I bought the game shortly after release, bought all DLC so far, and don't regret a bit, but if the Pagani Nurburgring DLC is the last one I'd be kind of disappointed, I was hoping Indy Road Course would be added at some point, maybe a couple more real track locations.

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 14:01
I'm not surprised about a GOTY edition but I expected it to be announced and released after SMS is done releasing DLC for PCars1.

This GOTY will definitely be a great deal for people who still haven't bought PCars (aka the fools who still aren't enjoying the good things PCars has to offer).
There's some questions that are probably in people's minds:
-is there any more DLC after the Pagani/Nurburgring Expansion?
-is there any more DLC after the GOTY is released?
-are all the updates/DLC going to be on the disc? (maybe have the base game on one disc and updates/DLC on another disc?)
-is there going to be a digital GOTY version? How about a GOTY DLC bundle for people who have the base game but didn't buy any DLC?

I bought the game shortly after release, bought all DLC so far, and don't regret a bit, but if the Pagani Nurburgring DLC is the last one I'd be kind of disappointed, I was hoping Indy Road Course would be added at some point, maybe a couple more real track locations.

The Pagani/Nurb24H DLC appears not to be the last DLC according to the official pCARS Twitter feed.
I wouldn't be surprised if there would be more DLC after GOTY, as I don't see the problem with that :)
Pretty sure that GOTY will be on Steam.

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 14:02
Chickens don't fear the Remco, nor do the mods, the devs or CA's...
Right, everyone loves me! :D

(Where's my coat)

Yorkie065
04-03-2016, 14:07
I might take up the job of being door usher! The amount of times you guys are in and out I can certainly make a penny or two!

*grabs CV* Ian, you around?

:p

Invincible
04-03-2016, 14:07
(Where's my coat)

Cluck has it.

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 14:18
Cluck has it.

I thought he was wearing cornflakes now?

Yorkie065
04-03-2016, 14:23
I thought he was wearing cornflakes now?

Now I just have an image of Cluck walking around covered in Cornflakes!

Konan
04-03-2016, 15:05
Now I just have an image of Cluck walking around covered in Cornflakes!

And you just made me hungry with that post....mmmmm....crispy chicken. :cool:

Salty Dog
04-03-2016, 15:19
A GOTY edition is just a normal progression for a game if its had plenty of DLC, and its a good business move that everybody would do in the same position.

Ive got most of the DLC so its not for me but its a great introduction into the game for newcomers to wet their appetite for PC2.

Anybody know the price?

Ive got a mate just buying a PS4, hes getting PC because ive recommended it to him, when will this be out in stores? Probably should get him to wait for it?

Yorkie065
04-03-2016, 15:25
A GOTY edition is just a normal progression for a game if its had plenty of DLC, and its a good business move that everybody would do in the same position.

Ive got most of the DLC so its not for me but its a great introduction into the game for newcomers to wet their appetite for PC2.

Anybody know the price?

Ive got a mate just buying a PS4, hes getting PC because ive recommended it to him, when will this be out in stores? Probably should get him to wait for it?

Oh god! A post on topic!! WHAT DO WE DO?!?!?!?

BullWinkle
04-03-2016, 15:26

Shhhhh! maybe he'l go away.:o

To answer his question though, I suspect late 2017.:)....sorry thought you meant PC2.:o

Konan
04-03-2016, 15:27

Shhh...just ignore it...

Edit: BullWinkled

beetes_juice
04-03-2016, 15:27
Checking back with the DLC tease thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38467-Upcoming-DLC-Tease-from-SMS-and-Speculation-(Spoilers)/page1092) I don't think the GOTY edition is ready to ship.

Few comments on twitter/Instagram from the pcars account state they are not sure if game + DLC will all fit onto one disc. May be some time until we see it. Of course there is always digital download so who knows.

*Whoops :o

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 15:28

Konan
04-03-2016, 15:30
So....how about ovals then?
Off-topic enough? Lol

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 15:30
So....how about ovals then?
Off-topic enough? Lol

GOTY won't have ovals.
Next!

Konan
04-03-2016, 15:32
GOTY won't have ovals.
Next!

WHAT! No ovals...I hate this stupid game! :rolleyes:

Konan
04-03-2016, 15:33
GOTY won't have ovals.
Next!

And animated pitstops?

Seps1974
04-03-2016, 15:33
People want to pay for a BMW 316i but think they're entitled to an M3... if you buy the standard version don't expect it to be fully equipped.

Konan
04-03-2016, 15:41
Back on topic: if there is still DLC coming,does that mean that those who buy the GOTY still have to buy later DLC or is the GOTY version going to be held back until all DLC has dropped?

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 15:42
Back on topic: if there is still DLC coming,does that mean that those who buy the GOTY still have to buy later DLC or is the GOTY version going to be held back until all DLC has dropped?
Something for SMS/Bandai, but as stated earlier I don't see why there cannot be DLC after GOTY.

Konan
04-03-2016, 15:45
Something for SMS/Bandai, but as stated earlier I don't see why there cannot be DLC after GOTY.

Me either but my concern with that is if there won't be some moaners complaining having to buy DLC for a game that is supposed to have all DLC in it?
Or am i missing the concept of a GOTY?

3800racingfool
04-03-2016, 15:52
Me either but my concern with that is if there won't be some moaners complaining having to buy DLC for a game that is supposed to have all DLC in it?

GOTY should really be considered as "Game Over The Year" as most times GOTY editions include all/most of the DLC released up to that point (usually a year). DLC released after that would be purchased separately. Eventually, after DLC has stopped, maybe we'll see an "Ultimate" edition that does indeed include everything but that's just hyperbole at this point.

Take Borderlands 2 for example. When it's GOTY edition dropped there was a DLC that allowed an additional 11 levels. After the GOTY edition dropped they added a second DLC with another 11 levels. Buying the GOTY edition nets you the first level pack, but not the second.

At the end of the day, GOTY editions are just incentive for people who haven't yet bought the game to jump in. It's not a slight, backstab, kick in the teeth, or anything else to the people who've already bought the game and associated content as they've likely already been playing the game for up to a year. The only people who might rightfully feel shafted would be the ones who, say bought the game right as the US Car Pack was released and then went and bought all the DLC too. But, sometimes that's just life. It just isn't fair despite humanity's best attempts to make it that way.

Invincible
04-03-2016, 15:53

And if it will be held back until dlc cycle is finished, there will be moaners too. (Me for example :p)

Konan
04-03-2016, 15:54
GOTY should really be considered as "Game Over The Year" as most times GOTY editions include all/most of the DLC released up to that point (usually a year). DLC released after that would be purchased separately. Eventually, after DLC has stopped, maybe we'll see an "Ultimate" edition that does indeed include everything but that's just hyperbole at this point.

Take Borderlands 2 for example. When it's GOTY edition dropped there was a DLC that allowed an additional 11 levels. After the GOTY edition dropped they added a second DLC with another 11 levels. Buying the GOTY edition nets you the first level pack, but not the second.

Ok...thank you for the explanation :cool:

Konan
04-03-2016, 15:55
And if it will be held back until dlc cycle is finished, there will be moaners too. (Me for example :p)

Yeah,well...we all know how you can moan so please release the GOTY soon SMS...lol

Invincible
04-03-2016, 15:57
Yeah,well...we all know how you can moan so please release the GOTY soon SMS...lol

This isn't even my final form! *hysterical laughter*

Konan
04-03-2016, 16:00
So....to continue off-topic:

What's the difference between a Moderator and a Super Moderator?

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 16:02

"S u p e r"

Also, more success with women.

Invincible
04-03-2016, 16:03

A super moderator is always a Remco.

Konan
04-03-2016, 16:05
"S u p e r"

Better change my name to Super Konan then...lol

Roger Prynne
04-03-2016, 16:11

That's not what I've heard :highly_amused:

FS7
04-03-2016, 16:14
Few comments on twitter/Instagram from the pcars account state they are not sure if game + DLC will all fit onto one disc. May be some time until we see it. Of course there is always digital download so who knows.
There are games that are bigger than PCars and fit on a single PS4 bluray, so I don't think disc space should be a problem.

mi6_
04-03-2016, 16:24
You weren't kicked in the teeth. You could choose to buy or not to buy anything we released. The base game is selling at half price in many areas so the extra content at full price isn't free with regard to prevailing market prices.

Sorry Ian I read that it was "available exclusively" in the Game Of The Year Edition. As long as the new content is available as DLC that is fine with me. My apologies as I clearly misunderstood some of the marketing material or it should have also said the new content is also available as DLC.

Sasquatch
04-03-2016, 16:26
This thread...

:highly_amused:

Konan
04-03-2016, 16:30
This thread...

:highly_amused:

Yeah...if you feel down reading negative posts,just spend a few minutes here...:cool:

Konan
04-03-2016, 16:33
In fact,the thread title should be changed into:"and now for something completely different"
Or something like that....lol

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 16:59
That's not what I've heard :highly_amused:

Note that I didn't say who has ;)

JessicaWalter
04-03-2016, 17:14
i heard one of the exclusive cars in the goty edition is an austin. the end of the clip shows some of the upcoming pit animations, too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78b67l_yxUc

IrideGravity
04-03-2016, 17:22

Umm. Continue spamming the thread mercilessly to make it seem like people are talking about success when they are actually tossing Ians salad instead?

Will I find a GOTY edition on PS4 at my local retailer? Probably not.
Maybe I'll get a flogged edition that Ian's so quick to endorse on ebay for a few bucks at some point.
If they actually have any cash left to produce them I guess.
Or is this steam digital only?
I do wonder

Konan
04-03-2016, 17:29
Umm. Continue spamming the thread mercilessly to make it seem like people are talking about success when they are actually tossing Ians salad instead?

Will I find a GOTY edition on PS4 at my local retailer? Probably not.
Maybe I'll get a flogged edition that Ian's so quick to endorse on ebay for a few bucks at some point.
If they actually have any cash left to produce them I guess.
Or is this steam digital only?
I do wonder

Ding ding ding...we have a winner!........

RageWorthy
04-03-2016, 17:33
Out of curiosity, which publication deemed Project Cars "game of the year"? I'm sorry if I missed that bit.

04-03-2016, 18:09
Out of curiosity, which publication deemed Project Cars "game of the year"? I'm sorry if I missed that bit.Gamespot, Red Bull, PC Gamer and God Is A Geek all named it as the best racing game of 2015 in their listings.

Jescott71
04-03-2016, 18:19
Forget Game of the Year, Project CARS is my Game of the Decade.

Cholton82
04-03-2016, 18:25
Game of my life , VLN coming ...... Are you serious ? Can we do an invitational 24hr in GT's and prototypes ? Please tell me it's so . This game just keeps on giving , please take my money already !!!

mynameis
04-03-2016, 18:27
Regarding the GOTY version, will this have all the game update patches that we already have or will it be enhanced in some way? I assume its the same game as we all have but with all the dlc included?
On a slightly different note,upto when this new version of the game is released will we still get game updates,or patches as we have done up to now.
cheers

Konan
04-03-2016, 18:30
Regarding the GOTY version, will this have all the game update patches that we already have or will it be enhanced in some way? I assume its the same game as we all have but with all the dlc included?
On a slightly different note,upto when this new version of the game is released will we still get game updates,or patches as we have done up to now.
cheers

Look at post #113... That explains a little...the rest is just guesswork for most of us too...
There will be continuous support until further notice though...

mynameis
04-03-2016, 18:43
Look at post #113... That explains a little...the rest is just guesswork for most of us too...
There will be continuous support until further notice though...

Already read the post,the reason i was asking about the update thing was a friend of mine had read somewhere about the GOTY edition having improvements to gameplay,i told him that this meant that most likely all the previous patches released to date will be already in the game.
I think he was under the impression the game was slightly different to the one we all have at the moment.
Cheers

Konan
04-03-2016, 18:49
Already read the post,the reason i was asking about the update thing was a friend of mine had read somewhere about the GOTY edition having improvements to gameplay,i told him that this meant that most likely all the previous patches released to date will be already in the game.
I think he was under the impression the game was slightly different to the one we all have at the moment.
Cheers

Imo the game is the same we all have patches included...the main difference is that it comes with all DLC released so far...

mynameis
04-03-2016, 18:51
Thats what i thought.Mate didnt read what he read properly!lol

MicAntony
04-03-2016, 19:03
Game of my life , VLN coming ...... Are you serious ? Can we do an invitational 24hr in GT's and prototypes ? Please tell me it's so . This game just keeps on giving , please take my money already !!!

Was there confirmation that we are getting all the versions/layouts in this DLC when it arrives? N24 layout, Type V layout, etc. When i first read about it, i t sounded like it might just be 1 combined layout. Just looking if any specifics had been announced (i'm a huge fan of recreating the real life endurance races is why i ask).
thanks.

Pisshead30
04-03-2016, 19:29
Funny how the off topic section of this thread wasn't stopped by moderators....

However glad to see the additional content in the GOTY addition is available to those who played the game from the start

Konan
04-03-2016, 19:46

However glad to see the additional content in the GOTY addition is available to those who played the game from the start

I guess with all the ranting going on lately they were happy with the amusing interlude and allowed it....besides it's usually the off-topic ranting that gets them reacting...they hardly ever do with positive off-topic posts...
These posts don't add information to the OP's thread but (and this is the important one) they give some smiles for a change...so,what could be wrong with that?

FS7
04-03-2016, 20:00
Forget Game of the Year, Project CARS is my Game of the Decade.
I've been saying this since I got the game: "Project CARS: the best racing experience one can get on console".

Can we do an invitational 24hr in GT's and prototypes?
I suggested that in the DLC thread a couple of days ago, that would be the obvious choice for an invitational imo.

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 20:05
It was started by one :D

Some positive tone never hurt anyone (unlike negative repeated whinging), and the GOTY topic was already being discussed in at least one other thread ;)

EDIT And to be clear: it's not a habit of taking threads off-topic, but since the OP had been answered I thought it wouldn't hurt to have some fun.

Konan
04-03-2016, 20:07

Some positive tone never hurt anyone (unlike negative repeated whinging), and the GOTY topic was already being discussed in at least one other thread ;)

Yep...we all know who started it :cool:
His name starts with an R and ends with emco....:rolleyes:
AKA Super M.......r

Gleb the Muffin Man
04-03-2016, 21:16
If I wanted to get into the game now, should I wait for the GOTY edition to come out? Or will it be the same price to get everything at the price it is now?

Also, is there an exact date of release?

Konan
04-03-2016, 21:25
If I wanted to get into the game now, should I wait for the GOTY edition to come out? Or will it be the same price to get everything at the price it is now?

Also, is there an exact date of release?

First of all...welcome to the forum :cool:
those are questions only SMS and Bandai Namco can answer at the moment i'm affraid...my guess is,when you buy the game now at a discount price,you have to download the patches and buy all DLC (or the ones you want) so the math is really up to you...
No selling price or release date has been confirmed yet so are you a patient man,then you can wait.... or are you like me and can't wait to get stuck into this amazing game :cool:

Gleb the Muffin Man
04-03-2016, 21:34
First of all...welcome to the forum :cool:
those are questions only SMS and Bandai Namco can answer at the moment i'm affraid...my guess is,when you buy the game now at a discount price,you have to download the patches and buy all DLC (or the ones you want) so the math is really up to you...
No selling price or release date has been confirmed yet so are you a patient man,then you can wait.... or are you like me and can't wait to get stuck into this amazing game :cool:

Thanks for the response and welcome! Spring is only a few weeks away so maybe I'll be optimistic :p Can't wait to get into this game and my CSR hooked up. It's come a long way since the last time I looked at it. Keep up the good work!

Konan
04-03-2016, 21:38
Thanks for the response and welcome! Spring is only a few weeks away so maybe I'll be optimistic :p Can't wait to get into this game and my CSR hooked up. It's come a long way since the last time I looked at it. Keep up the good work!

Well...I wish you all the fun i have with the game when you finally get it :D
And indeed it has come a long way...
From what i've heard,there are still a couple of surprises to come...:cool:

Pisshead30
04-03-2016, 23:38

EDIT And to be clear: it's not a habit of taking threads off-topic, but since the OP had been answered I thought it wouldn't hurt to have some fun.

Good to see some humour sometimes I think threads are locked too soon but I understand why. just wish the damn game would stop freezing so I can enjoy it properly and stop getting 'The Rage' lol

Googolplex
04-03-2016, 23:42
Great to hear about a GOTY edition. It wasn't the game of the year (it was SOMA), but I'm definitely interested to get all patches and DLCs on disks! Please release the GOTY edition as late as possible so that all (future) patches and DLCs are included. A GOTY edition shouldn't need further patches to download. Everything should be 100 % finished and the latest version. So please bring it out AFTER all patches were released. Wait for the end of the year or maybe next year.

Pisshead30
04-03-2016, 23:48
Hopefully sales of the GOTY version will be good and give SMS more money to invest in pcars2 so the issues that arose in pcars don't happen

Spitfire_88
04-03-2016, 23:58
The VLN track will have more cars on the grid?, (80 or more :p) for a great endurance race.

Sorry for my english.

cluck
05-03-2016, 00:00
Oh god! A post on topic!! WHAT DO WE DO?!?!?!?Do as I do .... run around like a headless chicken ;)

Shinzah
05-03-2016, 00:11
Do as I do .... run around like a headless chicken ;)

Don't. He's a bad influence.

E_Luckow
05-03-2016, 00:24
Lets keep off topic, please.

Always dreamed of being a moderator :D

Konan
05-03-2016, 04:30
Lets keep off topic, please.

Always dreamed of being a moderator :D

I would kill for some coleslaw right now....:cool:

Shinzah
05-03-2016, 05:10
I would kill for some coleslaw right now....:cool:

Rotkohlsalat.

https://diemichiko.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/img_2249.jpg

Real Coleslaw for Real Men.

Cheesenium
05-03-2016, 05:32
I'll still take a coleslaw over Coleslaw Edgy Purple Special Edition.

Shinzah
05-03-2016, 05:39
I'll still take a coleslaw over Coleslaw Edgy Purple Special Edition.

You're not a real man.

Only real men eat rotkohlsalat.

Ian Bell
05-03-2016, 05:48
You're not a real man.

Only real men eat rotkohlsalat.

Real men, and women, eat Surströmming.

I've been in the general area once and it takes guts, real guts, or a high level of intoxication.

Shinzah
05-03-2016, 05:53
I ate surströmming with a high level of intoxication once.

I'm pretty sure it took all of my real guts with it, when it left.

Konan
05-03-2016, 06:01

I've been in the general area once and it takes guts, real guts, or a high level of intoxication.

Yes, once i saw on TV a guy who lost a bet and had to eat it...the look on his face when the can opener pierced the lid said enough for me...

Ian Bell
05-03-2016, 06:13
Yes, once i saw on TV a guy who lost a bet and had to eat it...the look on his face when the can opener pierced the lid said enough for me...

It's actually insane. I've only smelled death once and it was horrendous. This is worse.

Ian Bell
05-03-2016, 06:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_haw_YDC_zo

Konan
05-03-2016, 06:23
It's actually insane. I've only smelled death once and it was horrendous. This is worse.

I can imagine...
The guy i'm talking about had to sit in a container,the two guys watching him had to move to the door to escape the smell...
He did eat it though...thought that was very brave of him...

Konan
05-03-2016, 06:26

This really doesn't do my stomach any good this early in the morning :eek:
And that's just watching it....

E_Luckow
05-03-2016, 06:30
This is some kind of "rite of passage", or they really do enjoy that thing?:confused:

Cheesenium
05-03-2016, 06:42
I am from Asia so surstormming is something completely new to me and I never tried before.

I think the worst smelling food I ever come into is Stinky tofu, or chòu dòufu (臭豆腐) where you will definitely not miss it if you are in Asia cause the stink can be smelled a few hundred meters away. It smelled like poop or rotten trash.

Or the other one in Asia, durians where most foreigners say it is worst tasting fruit they ever tried. It is a spiky fruit with a mushy texture fruit inside that has a awful smelling ordour.

Joshua Healy
05-03-2016, 07:07
Is this one of those situations where I can use my diminished sense of smell to my advantage? :cool:

Shinzah
05-03-2016, 08:19
I am from Asia so surstormming is something completely new to me and I never tried before.

I think the worst smelling food I ever come into is Stinky tofu, or chòu dòufu (臭豆腐) where you will definitely not miss it if you are in Asia cause the stink can be smelled a few hundred meters away. It smelled like poop or rotten trash.

Or the other one in Asia, durians where most foreigners say it is worst tasting fruit they ever tried. It is a spiky fruit with a mushy texture fruit inside that has a awful smelling ordour.

Mike Chen the youtube guy said Durians taste like old socks....I've never tried them.

But I actually like stinky tofu. It smells awful, but it tastes pretty good...

Cheesenium
05-03-2016, 08:46
Mike Chen the youtube guy said Durians taste like old socks....I've never tried them.

But I actually like stinky tofu. It smells awful, but it tastes pretty good...

I dont even know how to describe the smell of the durian. It is weird awful smeeling odor that I kinda liked it but I hate eating it due to the mushy texture of the fruit. There was a case in Australia quite a few years back when someone form Asia brought a few high quality durians that also equals to even more pungent odors, they decided opened those durians in an air conditioned room with connected air ducts in an office block. Considering the locals dont even know whats a durian, they all thought it's some sort of sewage or chemical leakage so they all evacuated the whole building with the fire department rushing to investigate what happened.

Stinky tofu is awesome, or those who never tried, it might appeared to them someone is selling rotten corpse or something that smells terrible. I remembered there used to be this stall that sells stinky tofu in a night market that moved further and further away from the night market weekly because of people complaining how terrible does it smell that turned off many customers from shopping at the night market.

Sankyo
05-03-2016, 09:06
Coleslaw suddenly seems a very attractive option for tonight's dinner...

Invincible
05-03-2016, 09:12
Coleslaw suddenly seems a very attractive option for tonight's dinner...

Coleslaw is ALWAYS a very attractive option for dinner!

Bealdor
05-03-2016, 09:21
Coleslaw is ALWAYS a very attractive option for dinner!

Nah. Not enough meat in it.

Cheesenium
05-03-2016, 09:42
Nah. Not enough meat in it.

You can always be creative by adding meat to coleslaw.

Konan
05-03-2016, 09:44

Mmmmm....meaty coleslaw...

Bealdor
05-03-2016, 09:47

Hmm... some double coated chicken with coleslaw... doesn't sound too bad. What do you think, cluck?

Konan
05-03-2016, 09:49
Hmm... some double coated chicken with coleslaw... doesn't sound too bad. What do you think, cluck?

He's heading for the hills right now :cool:

Konan
05-03-2016, 09:55
By the way Patrick...I posted a nomination in your thread...

Beans
05-03-2016, 09:56

Holly crap just watching the video of how bad that is makes me want to hurl. This is exactly the reason why I figured our nose was placed in front of our mouth in an attempt to help us from ourselves.:blue:

Bealdor
05-03-2016, 09:58
He's heading for the hills right now :cool:

Run for your life little chicken... *satanic laughter*

http://youtu.be/3ZlDZPYzfm4

Konan
05-03-2016, 10:01
Holly crap just watching the video of how bad that is makes me want to hurl. This is exactly the reason why I figured our nose was placed in front of our mouth in an attempt to help us from ourselves.:blue:

Can you imagine watching that video at 7.30 in the morning? .....I can....:ambivalence:

Beans
05-03-2016, 10:05
Can you imagine watching that video at 7.30 in the morning? .....I can....:ambivalence:

Nope, I'm done imagining for now. I'll need to reset that breaker later.

bmanic
05-03-2016, 11:07

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ftfaXKkYTw

Indeed.. why it's such an easy challenge for us Finns. You wussies.

Ryzza5
05-03-2016, 11:13

If by 'takes' you mean 'empties', then yes. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIXA2gal-C4

05-03-2016, 13:55
Yes, once i saw on TV a guy who lost a bet and had to eat it...the look on his face when the can opener pierced the lid said enough for me...It's slightly annoying to me how everyone eats it the wrong way, making it worse than it actually is. You supposed to open the can while it's either submerged or under running water, and you're supposed to rinse the fish before eating it. It's really not that bad if you eat it like you're supposed to (so rinsed and with knäckebröd), assuming you like fish.

Konan
05-03-2016, 14:32
It's slightly annoying to me how everyone eats it the wrong way, making it worse than it actually is. You supposed to open the can while it's either submerged or under running water, and you're supposed to rinse the fish before eating it. It's really not that bad if you eat it like you're supposed to (so rinsed and with knäckebröd), assuming you like fish.

Well...even after all that...there is indeed the issue in my case that i don't like fish :cool:

theothermexico
05-03-2016, 14:53
So wait, fish confirmed for goty edition?

E_Luckow
05-03-2016, 14:57

Oval?

Konan
05-03-2016, 14:58

Yep...Manta(stingray) and Barracuda

E_Luckow
05-03-2016, 15:01
Yep...Manta and Barracuda

Manta with pit crew

Konan
05-03-2016, 15:03
Manta with pit crew

Wow...animated pitcrews! :cool:

Konan
05-03-2016, 15:42
GOTY actually means Get Out The Yummies....
Coleslaw,that rotten fish thing i can't pronounce,chicken(with or without Kellogs),meat,purple slaw,stinky tofu...all served by Manuel and mr Fawlty....followed by a massage (yet to be established by whom)and finished with an Iron Maiden getting her coat to go take a ride in a Pagani on an oval,shaped like some sort of fish.....:cool:

Shall i get my coat to go with her? (she won't be a maiden for long then) :p

cluck
05-03-2016, 16:10
He's heading for the hills right now :cool:funnily enough, you really aren't that far from the actual truth :D

Konan
05-03-2016, 16:12
funnily enough, you really aren't that far from the actual truth :D

I know,i never lie on this forum :rolleyes:

BreadedVirus
05-03-2016, 16:20

And rightfully you should.

Looking forward to the release.

Massy72
05-03-2016, 16:28
So, everything the game of the year has, will also be there for the people who have bought the original game, except the two exlusive cars? And what is the reason we can't have them?

Konan
05-03-2016, 16:29
So, everything the game of the year has, will also be there for the people who have bought the original game, except the two exlusive cars? And what is the reason we can't have them?

We can...they're part of DLC...
The exclusive was actually meant for the cars not being in any other game...so exclusive for PCars...

Lipti
05-03-2016, 17:02
Sorry for being on-topic but is there a release date for the 24h Nürburgring DLC yet?
I'm going to watch the race end of May live and want to drive it in Project CARS before. :D

Konan
05-03-2016, 17:09
Sorry for being on-topic but is there a release date for the 24h Nürburgring DLC yet?
I'm going to watch the race end of May live and want to drive it in Project CARS before. :D

No...nothing confirmed yet...

Konan
05-03-2016, 17:11

Quite amusing though...apologising for being on-topic...:D

FS7
05-03-2016, 17:30
Hopefully whenever the Pagani Nurburgring Expansion is released there will be a Nurburgring 24hr invitational added to career.

E_Luckow
05-03-2016, 17:44
This thread is kind of...:D

Konan
05-03-2016, 17:59

John Travolta? :cool:
He does have his coat already though...

cluck
05-03-2016, 18:03
John Travolta? :cool:
He does have his coat already though...So that's where my last one went :mad:.

Konan
05-03-2016, 18:05
So that's where my last one went :mad:.

Go buy some more...knowing you,you're gonna need them...hehehe

cluck
05-03-2016, 18:07
Chickens don't fear the Remco, nor do the mods, the devs or CA's...This post was criminally overlooked. I genuinely laughed quite loudly when I read this :D. Well played Jussi :yes:.

cluck
05-03-2016, 18:13
Go buy some more...knowing you,you're gonna need them...heheheNew stock incoming :D

Konan
05-03-2016, 18:15
New stock incoming :D

Can i buy into that? :rolleyes:

Beans
05-03-2016, 18:36
IDK, all this sounds a little fishy to me, I'm not going to believe the hype.

thebigb82
05-03-2016, 18:42
Does the game of the year edition include an fully animated pit crew?

Konan
05-03-2016, 18:43
Does the game of the year edition include an fully animated pit crew?

Nope...pcars2 probably will...

thebigb82
05-03-2016, 18:49
Nope...pcars2 probably will...

ah right

Konan
05-03-2016, 18:54
ah right

You seem disappointed?
The GOTY is basically the game we now have...without the struggles.
So you get the game with all the upgrades and patches and all DLC released uptill now....
Pretty good deal imo... :cool:

Sankyo
05-03-2016, 19:09
New stock incoming :D

Fashion Season? Labcoats? I'm fearing the spring collection already...

Konan
05-03-2016, 19:18
Fashion Season? Labcoats? I'm fearing the spring collection alrady...

What do you mean?
Open tops,skirts,nice "headlights" and amazing booties.....

That actually sounds like the perfect car to me. :D

Pisshead30
05-03-2016, 19:55
while we're off topic any news of pcars2 membership opening up again?
is this for pc users more than ps4 users like myself to help with development?

Mad Al
05-03-2016, 20:06
Fashion Season? Labcoats? I'm fearing the spring collection alrady...

I'm sure the spring collection is looking quite slinky.... :)

LogRoad
05-03-2016, 21:13

Oh yeah, reel to reel. Devolved here to . . . meal to meal?

Nomad06
06-03-2016, 16:57

Agreed, now only off topic but highly inappropriate. How quickly the mods are in to close threads the don't like, siting "off topic", then in flying face of their own rules, high jack the OP's thread. Interesting how alll that works.

Tbh, I am still wondering where GOTY is coming from?? All I know is 6 weeks later we can't get a league race going to disconnects. Lots to be still sorted out imho.

I won't even consider the GOTY as a purchase for me, there are still way too many problems

Konan
06-03-2016, 16:59
Agreed, now only off topic but highly inappropriate. How quickly the mods are in to close threads the don't like, siting "off topic", then in flying face of their own rules, high jack the OP's thread. Interesting how alll that works.

Your complaint is off-topic man....

Shadowoff
06-03-2016, 17:06
Could someone explain me how I get the content. I just read the first page and am too lazy to read the other 22... Will it be a DLC, only as package with the game, can you buy it only if you have all DLC's or what so ever?

TheDoctor46
06-03-2016, 17:09
All we know is that there will be a GOTY edition. No word spoken about a release date nor a prize ;)

Konan
06-03-2016, 17:14
Could someone explain me how I get the content. I just read the first page and am too lazy to read the other 22... Will it be a DLC, only as package with the game, can you buy it only if you have all DLC's or what so ever?

From what i've read the new content will be available as a normal DLC...so no need to buy the rest.

FS7
06-03-2016, 17:14
The 2 Paganis + Nurburgring 24hr are part of the Pagani Nurburgring Track Expansion which will be available to everybody as paid DLC.
GOTY edition will include base game + all DLC.

Shadowoff
06-03-2016, 17:20
The 2 Paganis + Nurburgring 24hr are part of the Pagani Nurburgring Track Expansion which will be available to everybody as paid DLC.
GOTY edition will include base game + all DLC.

Thanks, also to you Konan ;)

Konan
06-03-2016, 17:22
Thanks, also to you Konan ;)

You're very welcome :cool:

Leynad
06-03-2016, 18:14
So it´s just the 24h-Layout without VLN? VLN it´s just Nordschleife plus the Sprint-track, which we already have. So give us both like iRacing did:rolleyes:

Would be nice to see the (i call it) WEC-Layout with the fast chicane too. Really annoying to drive the GP-layout with LMP1-cars :p.

denis74
06-03-2016, 18:40
Amazon Spain lists GOTY Edition (PS4 version)
http://www.amazon.es/BANDAI-NAMCO-Entertainment-Iberica-Project/dp/B01CK6KINU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457289372&sr=8-1&keywords=project+cars+game+of+the+year

Nomad06
06-03-2016, 18:48
Better change my name to Super Konan then...lol

I would suggest this is all off topic. ..man!

My post at least spoke to the OP's original topic.

Agian, all very interesting ;)

Konan
06-03-2016, 18:59
I would suggest this is all off topic. ..man!

My post at least spoke to the OP's original topic.

Agian, all very interesting ;)

The OP's question was answered a long time ago...
Since i've posted that las one,i've helped a couple of people...what have you done?
I suspect looking for things you can rant about?
I have no problem with the Mods closing this thread...but the OP was answered so,what's the problem in having some fun?
If they do close it however,i will start a thread called "off-topic" where people can vent in a funny way...until that one gets infested by ranters too that is....

Konan
06-03-2016, 19:01

Tbh, I am still wondering where GOTY is coming from?? All I know is 6 weeks later we can't get a league race going to disconnects. Lots to be still sorted out imho.

I won't even consider the GOTY as a purchase for me, there are still way too many problems

And editing your post after my answer in order to make it right is a bit sneaky to say the least....

maurice-pascale
06-03-2016, 19:09
A goty edition is always just a reason to make money again......nothing more.......and why is it called game of the year?? I thought witcher 3 was game of the year?!.........but ok techland done the same way with dying light BUT they have removed all normal dying light versions for it (100 % digital)...that there is just one edition to buy.......but i think for project cars will be both versions available, Project cars and Project cars goty.......and i must say the GOTY confuses me

06-03-2016, 19:12
A goty edition is always just a reason to make money again......nothing more.......and why is it called game of the year?? I thought witcher 3 was game of the year?!.........but ok techland done the same way with dying light BUT they have removed all normal dying light versions for it (100 % digital)...that there is just one edition to buy.......but i think for project cars will be both versions available, Project cars and Project cars goty.......and i must say the GOTY confuses meBecause of this:
Gamespot, Red Bull, PC Gamer and God Is A Geek all named it as the best racing game of 2015 in their listings.There are multiple "games of the year" every year, often a couple of dozen. =)

Konan
06-03-2016, 19:14
Because of this:

I was looking for that...you beat me to it...:cool:

maurice-pascale
06-03-2016, 19:20
But ok i think the "Game Of The Year" saying is the same own designation by the devs like "Best racing simulation on the planet".......there i always ask myself, who has decided this??....at the time a game has started to release

Nomad06
06-03-2016, 19:23
And editing your post after my answer in order to make it right is a bit sneaky to say the least....

Dude, get a hold of yourself man. Look at the times. I was in editing while you were posting, I am on my phone, while scrolling I swiped the post button, not surenif you've ever posted from a phone however the window for text is quite small....had not read your reply.

Although I do find your replies interesting as well, and the fact you appear to beleive that once you've answered the "question" that its supposed to somehow close down other replies or debate. Appears to have much arrogance in here.

You trip yourself up, then get all defensive.

Joshua Healy
06-03-2016, 19:30
A goty edition is always just a reason to make money again......nothing more.......

It's a great way for people who haven't bought the game yet, or those who haven't bought any of the DLC yet to get all the available content without needing to buy everything all at once. I'd expect the GOTY edition to be cheaper than the cost of the game + all DLC separately. Which is great for people who are waiting for a reason to pull the trigger :)

Konan
06-03-2016, 19:33
Dude, get a hold of yourself man. Look at the times. I was in editing while you were posting, I am on my phone, while scrolling I swiped the post button, not surenif you've ever posted from a phone however the window for text is quite small....had not read your reply.

Although I do find your replies interesting as well, and the fact you appear to beleive that once you've answered the "question" that its supposed to somehow close down other replies or debate. Appears to have much arrogance in here.

You trip yourself up, then get all defensive.

Quite the opposite...you get all offensive...right from your first post...on or off topic....
I only stated that it doesn't do any harm to go off-topic in a funny way when the OP has had his answer...it's YOU that are acting like a drama queen and go of in a tantrum....
Keep it up and i'm sure this thread WILL be closed...

Konan
06-03-2016, 19:38

On top of that: adding the word GOTY in a complaint about online disconnects doesn't make it on-topic...

Sankyo
06-03-2016, 19:45
This thread is also a social experiment to see who's able to bite his tongue for once and defuse a potential handbagging contest and thread lock.

Although if I suspect someone stirring things up on purpose just to get the thread locked, I won't...

Shinzah
06-03-2016, 19:47
I have it on good authority that Cluck has the best looking handbag, anyway.

http://www.incrediblethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Original-Chicken-Handbag-1.jpg

Konan
06-03-2016, 19:48
This thread is also a social experiment to see who's able to bite his tongue for once and defuse a potential handbagging contest and thread lock.

Although if I suspect someone stirring things up on purpose just to get the thread locked, I won't...

....................................the sound of silence :cool:

Sankyo
06-03-2016, 19:50

http://www.incrediblethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Original-Chicken-Handbag-1.jpg

Um, wouldn't that mean he has a handbag made of... a relative? :eek:

Konan
06-03-2016, 19:52
Um, wouldn't that mean he has a handbag made of... a relative? :eek:

Chickens are actually cannibals...they eat anything you give them :cool:

FS7
06-03-2016, 20:12
Amazon Spain lists GOTY Edition (PS4 version)
http://www.amazon.es/BANDAI-NAMCO-Entertainment-Iberica-Project/dp/B01CK6KINU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457289372&sr=8-1&keywords=project+cars+game+of+the+year
So, May 31st, 52 Euros.
Can anyone from SMS confirm this?

cluck
06-03-2016, 20:17

http://www.incrediblethings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Original-Chicken-Handbag-1.jpgMUM :eek: :sorrow:

Konan
06-03-2016, 20:27

shhoshooospemeet?....(wife takes over)... Sorry he bit his tongue and asks: social experiment? :p