PDA

View Full Version : hard to use wheel day after workout?

ozm8ey
04-03-2016, 06:17
Do you guys find it hard to use your wheel a day after a workout? Every week a day after I do karate training, I find it extremely painful to use my wheel. I wanna play but at the same time I don't wanna quit karate. Is there a way to prevent the muscle pain?

hkraft300
04-03-2016, 07:26
- ffb strength too high
- pre-existing injury
- diet hindering post-exercise recovery times
- not training hard enough/old age (jk :p)

BCFCBristolRed
04-03-2016, 07:46
How long have you been training for? You should always allow sufficient rest periods for intense training. I used to practice Muay Thai and during the rest periods when I first started, I used to feel like I had been beaten up by Bruce Lee!!

hkraft300
04-03-2016, 08:37
Eating right and eating enough goes a long way to improving recovery and fitness gains.
Get on that bulk diet brah ;)

havocc
04-03-2016, 08:53
Eating right and eating enough goes a long way to improving recovery and fitness gains.
Get on that bulk diet brah ;)

Said the lazy bitch who plays with dualshock :cool:

Paulo Ribeiro
04-03-2016, 09:26
Changing to ballet might work.
Sorry, couldn't resist. :rolleyes:

danowat
04-03-2016, 09:32
DOMS.

Post exercise nutrition has a big affect of DOMS, make sure you are having enough protein, also post exercise massage of the affected areas, and ice/cold compresses will also help.

Sankyo
04-03-2016, 09:46
Do you guys find it hard to use your wheel a day after a workout? Every week a day after I do karate training, I find it extremely painful to use my wheel. I wanna play but at the same time I don't wanna quit karate. Is there a way to prevent the muscle pain?
Muscle pain mainly comes in two forms:
- lactic acid that has built up with (anaerobic) excercise, and
- micro tears in your muscle tissue due to asking more of your muscles than they can deliver right now.

The first one you can relieve a lot by doing a proper cool-down with light movements and stretching, basically to pump oxygen-rich blood into the muscles and remove the lactic acid.
The second one you can only prevent, by not going beyond what you're physically capable of, and build it up more slowly. Once the muscles have been damaged, there's little you can do. A good cooling-down and sufficient water after the training can help, but not prevent or cure the muscle pain.

hkraft300
04-03-2016, 12:21
Said the lazy bitch who plays with dualshock :cool:

Laid back couch potato styles.

ex_
04-03-2016, 18:46
for the arm muscles that control the left/right movement of our wheels, I use a smaller weight and do lifts in each hand from one's waste up laterally from the sides, as if flapping your arm like a wing. varying it slightly in position will help you feel different muscles being worked. Simply put, wheel muslces are not always used in other forms of training, and so you may not have those built up properly. otherwise, it sounds like perhaps you are overworking something and the soreness of the prior day has not yet worn off...