PDA

View Full Version : We Need Visible Driver Names

Giovtec
05-03-2016, 01:39
Is there any update or WIP for the driver names to be more visible? maybe get a black or red outline on the driver names perhaps, as you can see 99% of the time is hard to see the names 1% only for night time races which is ok. :)

Patrick Kulinski
05-03-2016, 01:46
This, plus keeping the size of the font constant over the whole distance, in a size which is easy to read, also would help lots.

05-03-2016, 01:56
AC style is the best. Constant sized font with black borders, visibility based on distance, and arrow colored based on latency. Knowing this won't be fixed in PCars, the best we can do for now is to look at the bottom left for the name.

Ekay.jay
05-03-2016, 02:55
I too have a very hard time seeing drivers names.

t0daY
05-03-2016, 10:32
Like it! I mean that is not too much to change right? Should be very easy doable :)

Siberian Tiger
05-03-2016, 10:38
Agree on this.... Would help a lot :)

Androphonomania
05-03-2016, 10:40
I agree to op. Would be very nice to have.

Thomas Sikora
05-03-2016, 12:08
hmmm,
in the left bottom corner normaly it can be seen which driver is in front or behind. I personaly have drivernames disabled (its to arcadish for me, sorry :o ).
If someone like more visibility then it should be implemented configurable like:
- fontsize
- color
- transparency
- ON/OFF

t0daY
05-03-2016, 12:25
hmmm,
in the left bottom corner normaly it can be seen which driver is in front or behind. I personaly have drivernames disabled (its to arcadish for me, sorry :o ).
If someone like more visibility then it should be implemented configurable like:
- fontsize
- color
- transparency
- ON/OFF

Can agree on that. Best solution would be a relative box where u can see the 3-4 people behind and in front of you. Although we do not have sth like that in pcars1, at least make the names at the top more visible. I mean white font on the sky, obviously you can not see the names :D Who came up with this idea? :D

Photonenbert
05-03-2016, 13:09
agreed this is a needed improvement. as the guys already said, put a simple black border around the font that will give enough contrast for it to be readable in most situations.

SlowBloke
05-03-2016, 13:23
In the mean time I found TonyR's tool to be fantastic - not only do you get to see who is in front, but also who is behind and the timing too.

Second screen or overlay in window mode.

You will need to spend 10 mins reading up and carefully installing as explained but once its up and running its a peach.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44995-Streamer-s-Help-Standings-amp-Relative-amp-Inputs-Overlay-v0-1-3

Giovtec
05-03-2016, 14:27
hmmm,
- fontsize
- color
- transparency
- ON/OFF

Yes, bottom left corner is the only option when you race people constantly without overlapping traffic, but i like to keep the UI as clean as i can and dont want to see anything that will make loose focus on as i am very easy to distract:) so for some of us will be really helpful.

In the mean time I found TonyR's tool to be fantastic - not only do you get to see who is in front, but also who is behind and the timing too.

Second screen or overlay in window mode.

You will need to spend 10 mins reading up and carefully installing as explained but once its up and running its a peach.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?44995-Streamer-s-Help-Standings-amp-Relative-amp-Inputs-Overlay-v0-1-3

Yes, i have seen it, but honestly this isnt something people might,should and must do, as a product owner and still buyer of content i believe at least drivers names and a relative box working well is something really essential for the UI to be working well since beta.

Tony's and many other app developers have done and amazing job of course.

maxx2504
05-03-2016, 15:29
Hi !

Maybe its possible to mod that idk. Interesting suggestion to change that. I never had problems with that but i see yours. The name is unreadable in this situation.... :(

Giovtec
05-03-2016, 15:46
Hi !

Maybe its possible to mod that idk. Interesting suggestion to change that. I never had problems with that but i see yours. The name is unreadable in this situation.... :(

Yes, i would say most of the times i got this vision on driver names, but i hope something can be done, i know pcars 2 might start doing pcars 1 a little to the dark side on fix stuff but i think there are some fixes that can be done instead of using third party apps, not that is wrong of course. :)