PDA

View Full Version : Will there be more laser scanned tracks in Project Cars 2?

J4M35_R
05-03-2016, 08:54
I was wondering if there will be more laser scanned tracks in PC2 compared with the current game or does it really matter. Other games like Assetto Corsa coming out have scanned tracks and iracing has loads of scanned tracks on the pc.

Are the non scanned tracks done just as accurate with other means in Project Cars . I have never played Assetto Corsa or iracing so I can't compare the scanned to non scanned version of Spa or Bathurst for example.

Ancient
05-03-2016, 08:57
Well I certainly hope so. Some of the tracks in PCARS 1 are quite inaccurate.

Cheesenium
05-03-2016, 09:50
Are the non scanned tracks done just as accurate with other means in Project Cars . I have never played Assetto Corsa or iracing so I can't compare the scanned to non scanned version of Spa or Bathurst for example.

The Spa in AC feels quite similar to me. Especially Spa where it drives largely the same until the last 3 corners before the bus stop chicane. Monza is almost the same for me too, other than AC's one has more pronounced elevation changes on some corners. When it comes to Brands Hatch, I think pcars one is better slightly as the small elevation changes are more prominent than AC's one as pcars one is scanned with higher accuracy than AC. Still, both tracks are extremely well done and similar to each other compared to the one in Grid Autosport.

Most European tracks in pcars are meticulously build with a lot of referencing while I think a lot of non European tracks do not received as much attention as those tracks had.

At the end, laser scan is only one of the methods to build a track where it is possible to stuff up a laser scan. It isnt an end all solution to build a track as AC's non laser scanned Zandavoort is as good as their laser scanned tracks.

Azure Flare
05-03-2016, 09:56
I thought Kunos did laser-scan Zandvoort.

Shinzah
05-03-2016, 10:08
Well I certainly hope so. Some of the tracks in PCARS 1 are quite inaccurate.

Which and compared to what, exactly?