PDA

View Full Version : Fuel usage x2/x3/x4?

APR193
05-03-2016, 12:10
Before even asking this I'm expecting the answer to be a no (at least for Pcars 1), but would it be possible to get more options for fuel usage in the same way we have them for tyre wear? Basically I want to run 1 hour GT races with a mandatory pitstop, and thought shoving fuel usage up to x7 the ai would have to pit before the hour is up.

With regards to the tyre wear options (x2 etc) are the ai affected by this? And do they even pit for tyres or is it just fuel that brings them in? If they pit for tyres I could rack up the tyre wear rate and do it that way if they are affected by it

Grunotti
05-03-2016, 12:32
The AI is affected by youre tyrewear settings and pit also faster then.

jimmyb_84
05-03-2016, 12:44
I recently been running hour GT races, I have all the setting standard including tyres and every single time the AI pits some even pit twice.

APR193
05-03-2016, 12:51
I recently been running hour GT races, I have all the setting standard including tyres and every single time the AI pits some even pit twice.

Really? What tracks you been running at? I asked as in career mode wec races in GT3 class (I also have tyres/fuel etc set as standard) the ai pit once in a two hour race during the season I did in that class.

If it is the case that they pit during a one hour race then I apologise for the unnecessary thread :p

E_Luckow
05-03-2016, 15:15
Really? What tracks you been running at? I asked as in career mode wec races in GT3 class (I also have tyres/fuel etc set as standard) the ai pit once in a two hour race during the season I did in that class.

If it is the case that they pit during a one hour race then I apologise for the unnecessary thread :p

Don't know in career mode, but in single races they (GT3 cars) pit always (about 1h races)

jimmyb_84
05-03-2016, 15:44

I've raced at Le Mans, Sonoma GP, Donington and Zolder they always seem to pit. It annoys me that they do as its makes it a little easier as I try not to but always end up damaging my car and pit anyway

Shadowoff
05-03-2016, 15:46
AI pits in single player race aproximately after 30 minutes, īcuz they only drive with 60 litre fuel. But in carrier they start with full fuel tank.

jimmyb_84
05-03-2016, 15:49
AI pits in single player race aproximately after 30 minutes, īcuz they only drive with 60 litre fuel. But in carrier they start with full fuel tank.

that explains it then, very annoying

Grunotti
05-03-2016, 17:03
Before even asking this I'm expecting the answer to be a no (at least for Pcars 1), but would it be possible to get more options for fuel usage in the same way we have them for tyre wear? Basically I want to run 1 hour GT races with a mandatory pitstop, and thought shoving fuel usage up to x7 the ai would have to pit before the hour is up.

With regards to the tyre wear options (x2 etc) are the ai affected by this? And do they even pit for tyres or is it just fuel that brings them in? If they pit for tyres I could rack up the tyre wear rate and do it that way if they are affected by it

They do for sure pit for tires NOT fuel!!!
Set in on tyrewear 7X and you will see what happens!

APR193
05-03-2016, 20:57
I've run an hour long GT3 race today at Donington and the Ai do indeed pit during an hour long race, varies from around half hour in to about 50 minutes in. So yeah, sorry for the unnecessary thread.

hkraft300
06-03-2016, 13:14
Some AI are better at tyre management.
I've done 20 minute races in QRW with tyre wear at 3x and they box at different times. One even made the distance and won the race!