PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to look but no ovals dlc, is this true ?

WOZZA76
05-03-2016, 20:30
Sure i read somewhere that there would be no ovals in pc1, is this true ?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
05-03-2016, 20:51
It is at least highly likely at this point. SMS ran into trouble trying to get the AI to handle them properly, and when they had the idea of releasing them without AI support the license holders didn't like that. So it is pretty darn unlikely at this point.

havocc
05-03-2016, 21:47
AI drivers are already pricks on road course tracks with open wheelers :mad:

Shadowoff
05-03-2016, 21:57
AI drivers are already pricks on road course tracks with open wheelers :mad:

Not only with open wheelers ^^ But I think pCars got the best AI of any racing sim. Its the only one which fights for a position (even if you lap them...). I guess it could be better, but Im already happy. Im way faster than 100% AI, but that was also the reason why I started driving slower cars like the Aston GTE. I think I go off topic...

I really hope, after SMS managed to make the 24h version of the Nordschleife/Nürburgring, that they also get ovals done. Is that also a reason why Daytona or Indianapolis arent in-game?

WOZZA76
06-03-2016, 12:03
Serious question ? Does iracing have AI?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
06-03-2016, 12:31
Serious question ? Does iracing have AI?No, it has no single-player oriented features, aside from being able to practice driving a track alone (you need an active online subscription even for that).

FS7
06-03-2016, 14:09
I really hope, after SMS managed to make the 24h version of the Nordschleife/Nürburgring, that they also get ovals done. Is that also a reason why Daytona or Indianapolis arent in-game?
If for some reason they can't include ovals in PCars1 it would be nice at least to include the road course layouts.

siemens123
28-05-2016, 14:57
I dont understand these developers ... really.
So we got Project Cars where we have Open Wheel cars, Nascar and Indycar ... BUT WE DONT EVEN FKIN HAVE ONE OVAL TRACK (not even a fictional one) ... and on the other side we gonna have Gran Turismo Sport where WE FKIN HAVE OVAL TRACKS, BUT NO OPEN WHEEL OR NASCAR CARS. That's really fked up and sad ...

Schadows
28-05-2016, 18:10
If you have been here for some times, you should know why there is no oval on pcars despite having lots of them during the wmd days.

In the case of GT, that most probably the same thing that is keeping them from including open-wheel series. Not enough manufacturers in one of those racing series. But you still have ovals to please the american fans.

Konan
28-05-2016, 18:11
I dont understand these developers ... really.
So we got Project Cars where we have Open Wheel cars, Nascar and Indycar ... BUT WE DONT EVEN FKIN HAVE ONE OVAL TRACK (not even a fictional one) ... and on the other side we gonna have Gran Turismo Sport where WE FKIN HAVE OVAL TRACKS, BUT NO OPEN WHEEL OR NASCAR CARS. That's really fked up and sad ...

Oh dear...:rolleyes:
I thought we were past the whole "oval discussion" :confused:

siemens123
29-05-2016, 13:15
If you have been here for some times, you should know why there is no oval on pcars despite having lots of them during the wmd days.

In the case of GT, that most probably the same thing that is keeping them from including open-wheel series. Not enough manufacturers in one of those racing series. But you still have ovals to please the american fans.

Do u even understand English? I dont think so. And yes i'm here for a long time and i still dont understand why we cant have a fictional oval track in Pcars ... maybe u can "enlighten" me ... In the case of GT if u ever bothered playing GT6 u would of known that they had THEIR OWN open wheel car (Formula GT) which is not in GT Sports anymore ...

Konan
29-05-2016, 15:19
Do u even understand English? I dont think so. And yes i'm here for a long time and i still dont understand why we cant have a fictional oval track in Pcars ... maybe u can "enlighten" me ... In the case of GT if u ever bothered playing GT6 u would of known that they had THEIR OWN open wheel car (Formula GT) which is not in GT Sports anymore ...

The fictional oval (if it would have been implemented) would have been online only...due to the AI problems...hardly fair to the offline-only players (like me :rolleyes:)

Edit: no need to get rude though...not everyone's native language is English...and as a matter of fact, I think his English is just about perfect...

siemens123
29-05-2016, 19:21
Konan how about if u give us a favor and go outside and play go fuck and hide urself?!? U have 1856 posts and 1850 of them are just bullshit and trolling ... how about this? fair enough?

Konan
29-05-2016, 19:28
Konan how about if u give us a favor and go outside and play go fuck and hide urself?!? U have 1856 posts and 1850 of them are just bullshit and trolling ... how about this? fair enough?

Post #1857: talking about good English:
-it's DOING a favor
-it's YOURself

Trolling? You're kidding right?
Bullshit? 1857 posts with 1560 likes...seems like a nice average to me...

Why don't you go find an oval and turn around in circles in your own little world...

Schadows
29-05-2016, 20:01
I was about to give more details for pcars, and explained what he didn't understood in my post about GTS not wanting single make series, but why bother. He is obviously here only to spit ou his rage.

siemens123
29-05-2016, 23:34
I was about to give more details for pcars, and explained what he didn't understood in my post about GTS not wanting single make series, but why bother. He is obviously here only to spit ou his rage.

I don't need more details about Pcars. I've read everything in this forum about tracks and PCars matters that i'm interested in. The conclusion is pretty simple to me and to others: if the developers couldn't deliver licensed oval tracks (which they advertised last years as a future incoming dlc) they could of at least deliver a fictional one for online playing. It's simple as A, B ,C. But not only they didn't delivered a fictional one, they did not even bothered answering ppl about it. And there were a lot of ppl asking about it in here. Same thing for GTS: u make a game in partnership with FIA and u dont include in it not even one open wheel car ... that's ridiculous.

Rambo_Commando
30-05-2016, 01:34

Wow bro...I think your 96th post should be an apology.

Konan
30-05-2016, 05:09
I don't need more details about Pcars. I've read everything in this forum about tracks and PCars matters that i'm interested in. The conclusion is pretty simple to me and to others: if the developers couldn't deliver licensed oval tracks (which they advertised last years as a future incoming dlc) they could of at least deliver a fictional one for online playing. It's simple as A, B ,C. But not only they didn't delivered a fictional one, they did not even bothered answering ppl about it. And there were a lot of ppl asking about it in here. Same thing for GTS: u make a game in partnership with FIA and u dont include in it not even one open wheel car ... that's ridiculous.

SMS didn't need to answer though...their policy has always been not to favor one above the other...
That goes for platforms as well as on/offline players...

Sankyo
30-05-2016, 08:41
If you really read everything in this forum, you'd know that it's not as simple as adding a track for online playing only and be done with it. Even if it sounds simple to you, it's not in reality and that's something that should be pretty clear now from the past year of discussions with and answers from SMS on this forum.

Anyway, it's all off-topic to back on topic.

oscarolim
30-05-2016, 10:43

One word: Licensing.
See, in the world of adults, when a company wishes to use other company's property, they have to reach an agreement. This results into something called licensing.
Licensing is in layman terms (this means a person who has not professional knowledge on the area), a set of rules company A must follow to use company B's product.
While we, customers, do not know the details of all the licensing agreements SMS (and other companies) have made to use the cars they have, one rule might be that the cars cannot run on ovals (another example of this is on Dirt Rally, where the modern Pikes Peak car is only licensed to run on the tarmac version).

Now, if we lived on the golden age of pirating (between 1660s to 1730s), SMS could create as many oval tracks as they wanted and put there as many cars as they wanted (same goes for PD or any other game creator). However, in the 2010s, they have to abide by certain rules or the mighty power of lawyers fall over them. And whatever you do, you DO NOT F*** WITH LAWYERS!

Hope my English is clear enough to be understood.

BigDad
30-05-2016, 10:49
See, in the world of adults, when a company wishes to use other company's property, they have to reach an agreement. This results into something called licensing.
Licensing is in layman terms (this means a person who has not professional knowledge on the area), a set of rules company A must follow to use company B's product.
While we, customers, do not know the details of all the licensing agreements SMS (and other companies) have made to use the cars they have, one rule might be that the cars cannot run on ovals (another example of this is on Dirt Rally, where the modern Pikes Peak car is only licensed to run on the tarmac version).

Now, if we lived on the golden age of pirating (between 1660s to 1730s), SMS could create as many oval tracks as they wanted and put there as many cars as they wanted (same goes for PD or any other game creator). However, in the 2010s, they have to abide by certain rules or the mighty power of lawyers fall over them. And whatever you do, you DO NOT F*** WITH LAWYERS!

What cars from 1660 -1730 would you like to see in pCars ? Lol

Konan
30-05-2016, 12:01
https://jumpstarttimes.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/pirateship.jpg

cluck
30-05-2016, 13:13
What cars from 1660 -1730 would you like to see in pCars ? LolThe Nissan Blackbeard? The Rolls Royce Long John Silver Ghost?

Konan
30-05-2016, 13:17
The Nissan Blackbeard? The Rolls Royce Long John Silver Ghost?

So i gather you're back then?
Good to see you...oh by the way...get your coat...:D

RomKnight
30-05-2016, 13:23
C'mon people. Everyone know races started when they built the second ship :p

cluck
30-05-2016, 13:37
C'mon people. Everyone know races started when they built the second ship :p

233781Ovals confirmed :yes:

siemens123
30-05-2016, 16:56

I dont think u understand the word "fictional" tho ...

siemens123
30-05-2016, 17:00
If you really read everything in this forum, you'd know that it's not as simple as adding a track for online playing only and be done with it. Even if it sounds simple to you, it's not in reality and that's something that should be pretty clear now from the past year of discussions with and answers from SMS on this forum.

Anyway, it's all off-topic to back on topic.

please dont take my words out of the context. i was pretty clear: "i've read everything in this forum about tracks and PCars matters that i'm interested in."

oscarolim
31-05-2016, 08:38
I dont think u understand the word "fictional" tho ...

I don't think you understand the words 'Licensing' and 'Rules'.

Mahjik
31-05-2016, 12:44
please dont take my words out of the context. i was pretty clear: "i've read everything in this forum about tracks and PCars matters that i'm interested in."

It has nothing to do with fictional or real tracks. SMS mentioned issues with the AI behavior on ovals. The AI was developed for road courses and there are issues with them running on ovals. Yes, it would be possible to have multiplayer only ovals but that would be a bad service for those who only play offline (which is the majority of owners).

Konan
31-05-2016, 12:48
It has nothing to do with fictional or real tracks. SMS mentioned issues with the AI behavior on ovals. The AI was developed for road courses and there are issues with them running on ovals. Yes, it would be possible to have multiplayer only ovals but that would be a bad service for those who only play offline (which is the majority of owners).

Thanks for that...maybe he believes YOU because it has been explained numerous times now...

Rambo_Commando
31-05-2016, 15:21
The Dallara Indycar is the road course version. If you really want ovals then pick up NASCAR 2016 when it comes out.

FS7
31-05-2016, 16:24
I don't care much about ovals but I think it's really disappointing that the road courses weren't added. Having Indy road course & Daytona road course would be great.

siemens123
31-05-2016, 17:31
I don't think you understand the words 'Licensing' and 'Rules'.

Fictional and Licensing have nothing to do one with each other ...

siemens123
31-05-2016, 17:32
Thanks for that...maybe he believes YOU because it has been explained numerous times now...

I dont care about offline ovals driving and neither a lot of other ppl that asked for a fictional oval track for online only. Capisci?!?

Konan
31-05-2016, 17:51
I dont care about offline ovals driving and neither a lot of other ppl that asked for a fictional oval track for online only. Capisci?!?

We're talking about the whole community here...not just the online players...

Grijo
31-05-2016, 18:07
We're talking about the whole community here...not just the online players...

Donīt argue with people like that, my friend. You already explained for him why Pcars donīt have ovals, right? Maybe he is in a bad day and want someone to put his rage out of the chest. Donīt let he take the advantage. We will not have a show without an audience.

PS: Congratulations for your orange coat! ;)

Konan
31-05-2016, 18:13
Donīt argue with people like that, my friend. You already explained for him why Pcars donīt have ovals, right? Maybe he is in a bad day and want someone to put his rage out of the chest. Donīt let he take the advantage. We will not have a show without an audience.

PS: Congratulations for your orange coat! ;)

Thanks...
I already descided not to get lured into this discussion any further...i'm sure (if necessary) another mod will step in before it gets too personal (again) :cool:

Schadows
31-05-2016, 19:19
I don't care much about ovals but I think it's really disappointing that the road courses weren't added. Having Indy road course & Daytona road course would be great.Maybe Indy, but Daytona "road" course has plenty of oval to it.

Fictional and Licensing have nothing to do one with each other ...it depends if you want to upset the right holders (especially when you already signed a contract with them) and blow your chances to sign anything else in the future.
For example, we know that the Mugello was playable during the wmd days under the name Florence. It could have been included as a fictional track with a few modifications here and there (you can't ask to pay a license for the "shape" of a road ... in contrary to the shape of a car), but that would erase any chance to get this track later.

RoccoTTS
31-05-2016, 19:26

And i don't care about online ovals. Capisci?!?

Sankyo
31-05-2016, 19:29
If there's any point in keeping this thread open let me know. For now, I'll put the thread on hold.

Bealdor
31-05-2016, 19:32

They thought about it (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24686-Where-s-all-the-Oval-Tracks&p=1238661&viewfull=1#post1238661) but since it didn't happen the ROI probably wasn't high enough, which is understandable considering the relatively small target audience (players who like oval racing AND prefer online racing AND still buy DLC for a one year old game).