PDA

View Full Version : Haven't Seen The Bentley Show Up In a GT3 Race Since The latest DLC

slider916
06-03-2016, 03:26
Ran a handful of races since the USA DLC, and haven't seen a Bentley show up in game.
Would be a nice option to select which cars show up.

bc525
06-03-2016, 04:06
I ran a couple of quick race events in GT3 and had a full mix of class cars, and in both races there were two Bentleys in the field. These were races that I was testing out the Cadillac ATS-VR and the Corvette C7R from the US Car Pack at Zuhai and Hockenheim GP. To go one step further I did some online racing last night and I was actually using the Bentley GT3 #85 (love that car).

Edit: Totally agree about controlling which cars are on the grid for each solo race. That would be awesome.

Sasquatch
06-03-2016, 04:29
One thing I have noticed, is when doing a multiclass race, everytime i'm using a GT3, the vintages do not cycle in.. okay, maybe a Ford GT MK4 and one or two Zakspeed's. But there is a horde of C7R's and ATSVR's. I have no problem with this.

There is a custom grid tool on PC as far as I am aware of though, I wish this something of the sort would make it's way to consoles. But it's doubtful, and seemingly an avoided one.

Cheesenium
06-03-2016, 07:38
Personally, I won't mind as much if Bentley spawn less considering it doesn't have much liveries while both ATS V and Corvette are fun to race with.

My problem with the GT3 class spawn is there are too many Vantages, both GT3 and GTE spawned in almost every race. Would be nice if SMS could tweak either the GT3 or GTE to appear less often as having the whole grid filled with 1/4 Vantages isn't fun at all.

Still, I would love to see if the Bentley spawns consistently in every race.

pollinho123
06-03-2016, 10:30
Yeah, the way cars are spawned is not optimal by any means. Personally I'd prefer to have at least one of each car in the grid, than 10 times the same car, just because they have more liveries. Super annoying in LMP1 as well, where there are tons of Mareks and RWDs, usually a bunch of Aston Martins but usually not more than one or two Audis or Toyotas. Would be cool if there would be at least two of them each and have the field filled up with the rest.

Doubtful we'll see an improvement in pCars 1, but I really hope pCars 2 will have an better approach at this.
I do understand that this is propably not as easy as it seems (in real series some cars are more often used than others and havin pCars emulate that is to be expected and not wrong by any means), but I guess it could be a little more balanced when it comes to car selections.

Another thing that annoys me a bit is the way multiclass selection works. If you start a multiclass race with the LMP1s you end up with a field of LMP1s; LMP2s, LMP3s, LMP900s; if you start it with LMP900s, there usually are historic GT cars, GT5s and the Sauber C9 in the race. At least that's my experience on Le Mans. I'd like to have the opportunity to race a similar field with any car included in it and not have a quite substantially different field.

The way AC handles it is a lot better in my opionion and I'd really like to see full control over the grid of cars in pCars 2 at least as an option.
Nothing gamebraking, but still one of the things that annoys me the most about pCars 1. I still love the game though :D

Cheesenium
06-03-2016, 11:18
The way AC handles it is a lot better in my opionion and I'd really like to see full control over the grid of cars in pCars 2 at least as an option.

AC did the right thing for PC with a really good custom grid tool out of the box. Sadly, the console version wont be getting this because it is impossible to QA the custom grid to work for all combination and numbers of cars.

That could also be a reason why pcars doesnt have that.

John Hargreaves
06-03-2016, 17:16
AC did the right thing for PC with a really good custom grid tool out of the box. Sadly, the console version wont be getting this because it is impossible to QA the custom grid to work for all combination and numbers of cars.

That could also be a reason why pcars doesnt have that.

That's interesting, even though I find AC to have the most cumbersome, badly designed user interface generally, and the grid feature in particular, it is a good feature to have. I do wish we'd had it out of the box in pCars, but maybe it's just a really tricky thing to code properly.

Umer Ahmad
06-03-2016, 18:27
Yeah, the way cars are spawned is not optimal by any means. Personally I'd prefer to have at least one of each car in the grid, than 10 times the same car, just because they have more liveries. Super annoying in LMP1 as well, where there are tons of Mareks and RWDs, usually a bunch of Aston Martins but usually not more than one or two Audis or Toyotas. Would be cool if there would be at least two of them each and have the field filled up with the rest.

Doubtful we'll see an improvement in pCars 1, but I really hope pCars 2 will have an better approach at this.
I do understand that this is propably not as easy as it seems (in real series some cars are more often used than others and havin pCars emulate that is to be expected and not wrong by any means), but I guess it could be a little more balanced when it comes to car selections.

Another thing that annoys me a bit is the way multiclass selection works. If you start a multiclass race with the LMP1s you end up with a field of LMP1s; LMP2s, LMP3s, LMP900s; if you start it with LMP900s, there usually are historic GT cars, GT5s and the Sauber C9 in the race. At least that's my experience on Le Mans. I'd like to have the opportunity to race a similar field with any car included in it and not have a quite substantially different field.

Nothing gamebraking, but still one of the things that annoys me the most about pCars 1. I still love the game though :D

Each car model "type" increases memory usage. So there is a trade-off with vehicle variance and field size.

Cheesenium
07-03-2016, 09:17
That's interesting, even though I find AC to have the most cumbersome, badly designed user interface generally, and the grid feature in particular, it is a good feature to have. I do wish we'd had it out of the box in pCars, but maybe it's just a really tricky thing to code properly.

It is not about coding, it has more about doing testing on that as when you have a random or very large sample size of combination. You might make it work with Le Mans LMP1, LMP2 and GT3. What happens someone is mad enough to do an obsure and rare problematic combination with 72-75 Open Wheel, Clio Cup, GT3, Trans Am, LMP2 and Road B and it constantly crashes the game? Then he posted a video on YouTube of how awfully programmed is AC, you have a difficult PR suitation to explain something that is almost impossible to QA with every possible car class and tracks. That doesn't include fixing the problematic combination.

Its unfortunate that we can have custom grid in the game, its one of the things I would say consoles hold back the game.

SpeedFreakDTM
07-03-2016, 09:23
Ran a handful of races since the USA DLC, and haven't seen a Bentley show up in game.
Would be a nice option to select which cars show up.

Thats interesting.....It lost a load of power after a patch and everyone stopped using it online. But I had no idea the A.I. had lost interest with it too.

Maybe SMS could put the power back into it, and make it a fun car again.

pollinho123
07-03-2016, 10:53
Thanks for clarification, those answers are a good explanation for the current state.
I always thought that cars in a specific class were chosen randomly and every livery would have been an option, so the chances for cars with a lot of liveries to spawn were much higher than for cars with very few liveries. Seems like I was wrong there and limiting the number of different car types due to performance stuff seems to make sense :D

I still see room for improvement when it comes to the grids, wheter they are user generated or not, but this thread is propably not the right place for that discussion :)

Again, thanks Cheese and Umer for clarification :)