PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Support

SNBStorm
06-03-2016, 10:31
Is it just me or is anybody else pondering when or if Microsoft are gonna pull there finger out and get keyboard Support, so we can fully utilise the controls of project cars through button boxes etc etc.
I thought we were on next generation consoles :D

transfix
06-03-2016, 11:06
It's not just you my friend. ;) it's the one thing that has me always debating to pick up a PS4. There might be a light at the end of the tunnel now since MS are trying to bring PC and Console gaming closer together. Phil Spencer has been asked numerous times about full Keyboard support and has responded with Yes it's coming although there are other priorities on the list.
I'm sure it's moved up since Forza Apex is coming to pc in a few months. Fingers crossed as I'm dying to get a button box for PCars and Assetto Corsa

SNBStorm
06-03-2016, 11:40
It's not just you my friend. ;) it's the one thing that has me always debating to pick up a PS4. There might be a light at the end of the tunnel now since MS are trying to bring PC and Console gaming closer together. Phil Spencer has been asked numerous times about full Keyboard support and has responded with Yes it's coming although there are other priorities on the list.
I'm sure it's moved up since Forza Apex is coming to pc in a few months. Fingers crossed as I'm dying to get a button box for PCars and Assetto Corsa

Hopefully so dude, like yourself it's always in the back of my mind whether to pick up a PS4 or not just for this. Don't get me wrong I enjoy my xbox and project cars either way it's just a disappointment were lacking this option.

kevin kirk
06-03-2016, 23:59
I just want some arrows for free cam. The app lets me type with my laptop keyboard but I just want a basic free cam and so far I have only read you need a keyboard to have free cam

SNBStorm
03-08-2016, 09:11
Any more news on this?? Other than Phil spencer saying it is months away which in hindsight could be this year or next year who knows. I'm gonna go for next year myself will be worth the wait through right... Or is that just me wanting to be able to finally utilise full controls like pc and PS4 users through button boxes.

CPU M Rossi
15-08-2016, 04:04
I think keyboard support might be fairly close with universal apps coming to the Xbox One but I doubt it will be unlocked for everything