PDA

View Full Version : constant cold tires at night gt3

kevin kirk
06-03-2016, 19:24
losing places at night because of my tires are constantly cold at night with default pitting tire pressure.Works good for daylight but not so much for dark. Can someone help me with what changes i need to make on my pit stop leading into the night. The car is not undrivable so im not far off but the cold tires are causing me time at night. im running soft tires

Fanapryde
06-03-2016, 19:30
Lower tire pressure. Default is even too high by day...

kevin kirk
06-03-2016, 19:39
what is the perfect temp for gt3 tires and any tips on testing pressures to find that sweet spot?

Rambo_Commando
06-03-2016, 19:47
what is the perfect temp for gt3 tires and any tips on testing pressures to find that sweet spot?

I've been searching for optimum tire temps for each car. One you tuber said between 75-90 degrees Celsius. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Fanapryde
06-03-2016, 19:50
Depends on the car and the track/track conditions.
I use between 1.50 and 1.75 bar mostly. I have PCars dash running on a tablet, which gives me the exact info on tire temp and pressure (and a lot of other things).
Btw: when the in-game hud shows totally worn tires, they still are at 50%...
The given pressures give me around 85-105C

chaozbandit
06-03-2016, 20:32
90-105C depending on car weight and wear. Some cars will get very slidey past that but most are pretty easy to drive below the threshold. Dropping pressures and closing brake ducts can help maintain temp but having a consistent driving style is key.

Dakpilot
07-03-2016, 12:12
If you let the AI drive the Car are the temps, tyre and brake, they use ( Motec displayed) the optimum for that car?

Cheers Dakpilot

Shadowoff
07-03-2016, 13:00
If you let the AI drive the Car are the temps, tyre and brake, they use ( Motec displayed) the optimum for that car?

Cheers Dakpilot

No, I guess you mean if you swap drivers with an AI. The AI will change back to default setup.

Dakpilot
07-03-2016, 13:33
If in quick race weekend for example, if you simulate a session and watch the AI driver, he will run his tyres and brakes at a certain temp, these are different on all cars, I am just wondering if these temps are a guideline optimum that can be used?

Cheers Dakpilot

jimmyb_84
07-03-2016, 13:35
I've been testing this recently at Le Mans, I always go for around 1.60 bar and managed to keep temps around 90-100c I also keep an eye on pressures if found in any situation if the pressure goes above 2.20 bar tyres lose grip and driving consistently becomes harder.

I'm still looking for optimum pressures I think it's around 1.90-2.00 bar

kevin kirk
07-03-2016, 17:04
So last night I found that I need to drop the pressures 10 numbers for night runs ( I don't recall if its in pounds or bars or whatever) to keep them constantly in the green (vrhive). Maybe up to 12 numbers in the full night pit stops. Are the default pressures really that far off?

Invincible
07-03-2016, 17:10
So last night I found that I need to drop the pressures 10 numbers for night runs ( I don't recall if its in pounds or bars or whatever) to keep them constantly in the green (vrhive). Maybe up to 12 numbers in the full night pit stops. Are the default pressures really that far off?

They are quite high. I usually drop them by four or five clicks from default for day and another five for night. On some cars even more.