PDA

View Full Version : 5 second slowdown penalty!!

Dan77 DESTROYER
07-03-2016, 11:34
Is it just me or does anyone else agree this penalty needs changing/looking into? (If possible) .

I've nearly had my races ruined by it and I've also nearly ruined other people's races because of it,
I am not saying scrap the penalty but can you just make it so it's added on to the time at the end of the lap or race instead of slowing you down mid corner and potentially causing a pile up (which I have seen frequently)

Just putting it out there :D

Didd31
07-03-2016, 14:23
penaltys are in game to evoid destroyers's actions on track, and its do the job.

lapje
07-03-2016, 14:55
penaltys are in game to evoid destroyers's actions on track, and its do the job.

Partially they do, yes. But if someone on purpose hits me from behind and for that reason I go off track I get the penalty and not the guy who hit me. That's not fair and annoying.

THATladNOBLE
07-03-2016, 15:15
What races have those kind of penalties, I've never come across this in PCars

sp3ctor
07-03-2016, 15:31
I'm OK with a penalty system, but it needs some work. Ideally, I'd want penalties tacked onto laptimes. However, everyone knows those guys who wreck and rack up tons of penalties and then quit. So an "end of the race" sort of penalty wouldn't really penalize those guys. What I dislike now is that the slowdown penalty can be "dangerous" because if you are close behind someone who gets one and you don't notice, you can slam into them or... if you get one and can't get out of the way, someone can slam into you. It doesn't feel particularly real world because they'd never do penalties like that in racing.

Umer Ahmad
07-03-2016, 15:35
I'm OK with a penalty system, but it needs some work. Ideally, I'd want penalties tacked onto laptimes. However, everyone knows those guys who wreck and rack up tons of penalties and then quit. So an "end of the race" sort of penalty wouldn't really penalize those guys. What I dislike now is that the slowdown penalty can be "dangerous" because if you are close behind someone who gets one and you don't notice, you can slam into them or... if you get one and can't get out of the way, someone can slam into you. It doesn't feel particularly real world because they'd never do penalties like that in racing.

All good ideas (and I am testing them TODAY!) for pCARS2.0

Penalities will NOT change for pCARS1. Use them as-is or disable them.

Dynomight Motorsports
08-03-2016, 21:59
All good ideas (and I am testing them TODAY!) for pCARS2.0

Penalities will NOT change for pCARS1. Use them as-is or disable them.

I got a DQ'ed for spinning in the Bus Stop chicane at Watkins Glen and I was the one that got T-boned.. WTF? Also the time penalties are not consistent at each track. Sometimes they are rather stupid. I like the idea of adding time to the end of race.

NeonFlux
11-03-2016, 09:04
I would prefer to have the time added at the end of the race but I could see rammers and d-heads taking advantage of it to cause carnage so think SMS have probably got it right as it is... for online play at least. I guess the one thing they could do would be to ghost out cars that are on a corner cut, although admittedly it's not particularly sim like ! Codemasters did it on Grid Autosport and it worked quite well... most of the time lol.

Dynomight Motorsports
12-03-2016, 13:26
Yeah I wouldn't have a problem with time penalty as much if they would ghost your car. Should definitely be something for the dev's to consider.

WoodyLizard
12-03-2016, 19:41
The reason an add on time penalty after the race would not work in my opinion is that the guy that is getting the penalty during the race would not be loosing positions while he is actually racing opening up a situation where the non fun racing type of guys could ultimately corner cut to get into 1st and drive off into the distance stop corner cutting and maybe still win the race after time penalties are added to their race time.

The better option for me is to make it like real life which the game is doing in many ways and have the penalty cause a pit drive through penalty that must be done within that lap the penalty occurred. If the penalty is not served after 2 laps the car is disqualified and removed from the race.

Grantpoole
12-03-2016, 23:34
Maybe give one or two warnings depending on the length of the race and if they continue to cut the track they get a drive through penalty.

Dynomight Motorsports
12-03-2016, 23:55
Yeah a drive through penalty on this game after every corner cut would be really bad. 5 seconds vs losing 20-30 seconds for a drive thru doesn't add up. You could do a drive through after 3-4 warnings. or whatever the pit delta is based on track. Or they could just do like Forza and basically slow the car to a crawl when you get off track.

Umer Ahmad
13-03-2016, 00:41
It needs to be an actual deterrent. So people do not game the system, something serious so they clean up their track behavior.

Couple warnings and then a drive through sounds good to me. Keep it up and you get stop&hold60 and then a black flag

Dynomight Motorsports
13-03-2016, 01:05
Well I've known a few people that have gotten damage or just a bad setup coupled with a few off's and track limit penalties and they get DQ'ed. Problem is the game is too Black and White, it doesn't recognize when you are forced off by another driver, or avoiding an accident, or trying to save the car from an almost spin. Not to mention the AI, which are usually famous for forcing you off the track, never get penalties and cut clear across the grass on many occasions without even slowing a bit.

Riccardo De Rosa
13-03-2016, 07:06
It needs to be an actual deterrent. So people do not game the system, something serious so they clean up their track behavior.

Couple warnings and then a drive through sounds good to me. Keep it up and you get stop&hold60 and then a black flag

also for me. I think this is the best solution. Also for IA.

TKMSte66
24-03-2016, 20:37
So, firstly I think there should be different levels of penalties. Minor 'cuts' and major 'cuts'.

I major cut gets an immediate ghosted penalty. A minor one followed by a warning or two. The annoying thing in the game is 3 tiny runs over a kerb and you end up with 15 seconds of penalties. Penalties destroy good races.

My other major problem with the pens is when you have a half spin towards the inside of a bend, such as turn 4 at Catalunya and then get a penalty for a corner cut. Cmon! The game needs to be able to differentiate between a cut and time gain and a mistake and none time gain. Could a time delta, similar to the 'perfect corner' thing in Forza 4 not help impliment this?