PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Start

DreamsKnight
07-03-2016, 13:31
About 90% of cases i lost always 1 position when cars are under game control. It happen versus AI, but yesterday i had this problem on line at spa.

Do i do something wrong?

DreamsKnight
07-03-2016, 15:48
is there something wrong with my question?

Raven403
07-03-2016, 16:28
Your talking about rolling starts?

The game controlled Rolling starts are a mess, any time I've used them its a cluster F. If your on Pole you usually get swamped right away because it slows your car down right before the Green, giving the other cars a jump. Some tracks are worse than others.

DreamsKnight
07-03-2016, 16:33
Your talking about rolling starts?

The game controlled Rolling starts are a mess, any time I've used them its a cluster F. If your on Pole you usually get swamped right away because it slows your car down right before the Green, giving the other cars a jump. Some tracks are worse than others.

yes. i don't know the right name. (please a mod could modify title?)

so it is a normal iusse?

Umer Ahmad
07-03-2016, 16:36
Title fixed.

Yes, what you experience is "normal" unfortunately. Maybe they can improve it for the next game.

havocc
07-03-2016, 16:42
Title fixed.

Yes, what you experience is "normal" unfortunately. Maybe they can improve it for the next game.

Now i see why they won't add ovals where rolling starts after caution happen every 15 minutes :D

Umer Ahmad
07-03-2016, 16:51
Yeah OVAL racing involves such intricate car placement. I've watched the fist 3 NASCAR races this year (Daytona, Atlanta and Las Vegas this past weekend)...the cars are separated by less than a meter for multiple laps at times. I don't think the current pCARS AI logic would suffice, they "flee" too easily and over-react. That wont work at all for OVAL racing.

Fanapryde
07-03-2016, 16:51
About 90% of cases i lost always 1 position when cars are under game control. It happen versus AI, but yesterday i had this problem on line at spa.

Do i do something wrong?
Not even talking about the fact that on several tracks your car is running partly off track right before the green (before you get to control it), which results often in the loss of more than one place...
It is not you...

DreamsKnight
07-03-2016, 18:13
Title fixed.

Thank you for title.

The good news is i don't do something wrong. :D

beetes_juice
07-03-2016, 18:54
One thing I do with rolling starts in career/online is try to immediately up-shift. Can be hard to do as the AI prior to player control can be at high rpm's and shift on its own. If I time the up-shift correctly I can hold my starting position prior to the start/finish line.

Besides the point. Rolling starts need to be looked at for pc2.

Raging Bull
07-03-2016, 21:30
About a week ago (Playing using PS4) I had complete control over my car in a rolling start. Before the green lights I could do the gas, steering, everything. It was awesome!

It never happened again.

ARNAGEist
08-03-2016, 11:57
It should either be fixed in Pcars1 or taken out, it's a mess :mad:

APR193
08-03-2016, 13:03
It should either be fixed in Pcars1 or taken out, it's a mess :mad:

Its nowhere near bad enough to warrant being taken out of the game.

All that "needs" to be done for it in pcars 2 is for the cars to hold a steady speed instead of accelerating then braking, then accelerating etc.

The lights need to go green a lot later. At the moment its more like a restart rather than a start. Green lights should go on as the cars are 4/5 rows away from the start line, not halfway around the final turn.

And they need to sort out the bits where cars go off track while under Ai control. Doesn't happen often but is annoying when it does.

I'd love a manual option for Pcars 2, to be able to control everything myself rather than just waiting for the lights to go green so I can quickly shift up a gear and floor it.

Fanapryde
08-03-2016, 13:23
^^^This... :eagerness:

Mascot
08-03-2016, 13:45
Not even talking about the fact that on several tracks your car is running partly off track right before the green (before you get to control it), which results often in the loss of more than one place...
It is not you...

And it's not just for rolling starts. Depending on the circuit and the number of cars you can actually start off the track when lined up on the 'grid' on a bend, sometimes with two of your wheels on a rumble strip.

Raven403
09-03-2016, 13:04
In my opinion, how the Rolling starts should work is it should give the player full control of the car before the lights start the countdown, that way you have control over what happens instead of being thrown into it like you are now, most times in the wrong gear, or on a bad part of a turn to start in. There always seems to be a "Jump" once control is given to the player and for that to happen as soon as the light goes green most times leads to a total disaster. And I fully agree the starts need to be later on pretty much every track.

ARNAGEist
09-03-2016, 16:50
And I fully agree the starts need to be later on pretty much every track.

Especially Le Mans that seems to be the worst closely followed by Spa, the idea of the race starting in the middle of the Ford Chicane is a nonsense