PDA

View Full Version : FFB Loss Between Online Races

KillerFox1978
08-03-2016, 19:08
Hello SMS/WMD

Can anyone answer me as to how the Devs are getting on with Finding the issues with Loss of force Feedback between online races i know there is a lot of other issues but this has now been plaguing us since release.

i race two nights a week and during them night i lose FFB 2 to 3 times a night.

In our rooms this happens mostly to guys that have Fanatec wheels and the worst track for me is brands hatch short without fail i will lose FFB.

Thanks
Nick

Sankyo
08-03-2016, 20:44
They're still looking into it, but it's not easy to track down. If you can give details about your hardware and how to repro the FFB loss, it may be of great help to the devs.

BigDad
09-03-2016, 07:01
It happens to me online and Offline at anytime and on any track and with any car it seems ,along with the ffb getting that weird vibration (flat tyre bug) .
With the loss of ffb, pausing the game and turning my wheel off then on seems to solve it , most times . Sometimes i have to do this 2 or 3 times .
With the flat tyre bug, press return to pits seems to solve it.
Sometimes i have restart the game to fix either of these .
Sometimes when trying to exit the pits my pit guy wont release me ? I have to press return to pits 2 or 3 times .
I realize this must be hard to fix as it seems to happen anytime .
I'm on ps4 and use a Fanatec 911 GT2 with CSR Elite pedals .

Sankyo
09-03-2016, 08:21
It happens to me online and Offline at anytime and on any track and with any car it seems ,along with the ffb getting that weird vibration (flat tyre bug) .
With the loss of ffb, pausing the game and turning my wheel off then on seems to solve it , most times . Sometimes i have to do this 2 or 3 times .
With the flat tyre bug, press return to pits seems to solve it.
Sometimes i have restart the game to fix either of these .
Sometimes when trying to exit the pits my pit guy wont release me ? I have to press return to pits 2 or 3 times .
I realize this must be hard to fix as it seems to happen anytime .
I'm on ps4 and use a Fanatec 911 GT2 with CSR Elite pedals .

I assume that you have the latest firmware installed on the GT2?

BigDad
09-03-2016, 13:00
756 . Is that the latest ? That's what i installed when i got it .
I'm not knocking this Sims FFB not at all, It's brilliant as you've probably already seen my recent comments over on Grimey Dogs thread on ps4 .
Hay , we know what assuming can lead to right ? lol .

KillerFox1978
09-03-2016, 13:22
the wheel i have is a Fanatec clubsport V1 with BMW Rim. any track at any time but the one track i do know of is Brands Hatch short as i have mentioned before.

Firmware is up to date.

We have people with the Clubsport V2 base that get the same issue.
some have CSR wheel with same issue.

I don't really play offline but have done leaderboard a few times and had it not work he when loading the track no ffb.

When i lose it online the only thing i can do is wait for the next race and drive with no FFB. the others are able to turn the wheel off and on again and it fixes it. the V1 base does not like this so completing the race and starting the next race works ffb will come back.

BigDad
09-03-2016, 13:30
the wheel i have is a Fanatec clubsport V1 with BMW Rim. any track at any time but the one track i do know of is Brands Hatch short as i have mentioned before.

Firmware is up to date.

We have people with the Clubsport V2 base that get the same issue.
some have CSR wheel with same issue.

I don't really play offline but have done leaderboard a few times and had it not work he when loading the track no ffb.

When i lose it online the only thing i can do is wait for the next race and drive with no FFB. the others are able to turn the wheel off and on again and it fixes it. the V1 base does not like this so completing the race and starting the next race works ffb will come back.
I should have mentioned that you must pause the game then turn the wheel off then on. Have you tried it that way ?
That work for me both on and offline .

KillerFox1978
09-03-2016, 15:25
I should have mentioned that you must pause the game then turn the wheel off then on. Have you tried it that way ?
That work for me both on and offline .

yeah i have tried it that way thanks mate. if you turn the wheel off it will not see it until you restart the game, so just as easy to wait for the next race.

jai-krishna
09-03-2016, 16:18
Greetings All,

I can also confirm that I repeatedly lose FFB when playing offline in Solo with my Fanatec 911 Turbo S (756 FW)/Clubsport V1 pedals/PS4 model CUH 1116A,disc copy of PC with any car/track combination,16 AI,3 weather slots & variable laps (5 - 15),no practice,qualifying or warm up so race only - & by repeatedly I mean every time I play the game I will experience multiple FFB losses over a 2-3 hour session.

The FFB loss has never happened to me mid-race it always occurs at the race start - it could be the very 1st race of the session,or when switching tracks or cars or making car/controller set-up changes post race or when quitting a race to make adjustments & then restarting. When this happens my practice is to leave the wheel powered on & quit back to the RACE CENTRAL screen & then return to the RACE screen & try a re-start. Mostly this process works but occasionally I have to switch the wheel off & power on again to achieve FFB.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your support.

RomKnight
09-03-2016, 19:05
Once again, from what I hear in TS, T300 users seem the ones affected. But it happens on session change IIRC not mid-race.

The restart of the game solves it

Jego
19-03-2016, 14:03
I am getting this bug a lot now again recently. Have not changed anything besides using Headtracking but this can't be the reason as I had this bug before already.

I am using a G27.

Most common bug is the white line bug. I go out of the pits and it will be here, if I return to the pits it will sometimes be gone, other times I need to repeat that step. Its not such a big deal in practice sessions offline. However when you get that in a race its really annoying.
Wouldnt a reset FFB button maybe resolve this problem?

KillerFox1978
21-07-2016, 17:20
SMS + WMD is there any word when this issue is going to be fix. you have gone very quiet on everything no patch up dates no nothing.

this problem is still happening every time i play.

Thanks
Nick:confused:

Boskapongen
21-07-2016, 22:45
I had the same with G29 and now also with Fanatec V2. Only on PS4. Not on PC.

vallist
22-07-2016, 09:09
with Fanatec V2. Only on PS4. Not on PC.

Same here.