PDA

View Full Version : Indycar

Kennytomson
09-03-2016, 09:57
1. Does anyone have a good Sonoma, or road America setup?

2. What roof camera settings best mimics the view on tv (t-cam)?

3. Any suggestions for wheel, tire, force feedback to best represent the car?

Rambo_Commando
09-03-2016, 15:33
Have you checked the Pcars database? There's some really good setups in there that you can use as a baseline and tune to your liking.

OctoberDusk06
13-03-2016, 02:24
Man these IndyCars are great! Too bad only 2 of 19 racetracks are in the game. WTF? lol. Hoping for ovals is a bit like hoping a professional politician will tell the truth.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 08:09
Man these IndyCars are great! Too bad only 2 of 19 racetracks are in the game. WTF? lol. Hoping for ovals is a bit like hoping a professional politician will tell the truth.

Ovals aren't happening, it's been confirmed. Also, they're 2 year old Indycars as they are just the original Dallara chassis.

SMS really dropped the ball on the Indycars. I ended up picking up Forza 6. Not the greatest game in the world, but at the very least they have Indianapolis to race INDY (short for INDIANAPOLIS) cars on. And Honda/Chevy aerokits, even if they are only the road/street circuit aerokits unfortunately. Better than PCARS, though.

Keep in mind SMS promised Indianapolis and the full 2015 Indycar field of cars and drivers - so you fanboys can fuck off. I still enjoy Project Cars, but that doesn't change the fact that a major reason I bought the game was based on a lie.

Shinzah
13-03-2016, 08:41
Ovals aren't happening, it's been confirmed. Also, they're 2 year old Indycars as they are just the original Dallara chassis.

SMS really dropped the ball on the Indycars. I ended up picking up Forza 6. Not the greatest game in the world, but at the very least they have Indianapolis to race INDY (short for INDIANAPOLIS) cars on. And Honda/Chevy aerokits, even if they are only the road/street circuit aerokits unfortunately. Better than PCARS, though.

Keep in mind SMS promised Indianapolis and the full 2015 Indycar field of cars and drivers - so you fanboys can fuck off. I still enjoy Project Cars, but that doesn't change the fact that a major reason I bought the game was based on a lie.

I'd rather have an accurate 2012 DW12 over whatever arbitrary garbage Forza made in the shape of a 2015 DW12.

Also, why don't you make better life choices and don't get emotionally invested in games that don't actually have the content you allegedly bought them for.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 08:59
I'd rather have an accurate 2012 DW12 over whatever arbitrary garbage Forza made in the shape of a 2015 DW12.

Also, why don't you make better life choices and don't get emotionally invested in games that don't actually have the content you allegedly bought them for.

lol wut? No idea what you mean by emotionally invested. I just bought a game that promised particular content to be added in the future, but only slightly (and VERY slightly) delivered on that promise. Not sure how that means I got "emotionally invested". I simply took SMS for their word, and was disappointed by what was actually delivered.

As for Forza's "arbitrary garbage", I can't really comment on how accurate it is as I have never driven a real Indycar - but the fact that it has Indianapolis (again, the track INDYcars were named after) and updated aerokits with real liveries automatically makes it worth more than PCARS' offering. I paid more for Forza than I did PCARS but as an Indycar fan, I feel it was worth it. So sue me?

theothermexico
13-03-2016, 09:40
lol wut? No idea what you mean by emotionally invested. I just bought a game that promised particular content to be added in the future, but only slightly (and VERY slightly) delivered on that promise. Not sure how that means I got "emotionally invested". I simply took SMS for their word, and was disappointed by what was actually delivered.

As for Forza's "arbitrary garbage", I can't really comment on how accurate it is as I have never driven a real Indycar - but the fact that it has Indianapolis (again, the track INDYcars were named after) and updated aerokits with real liveries automatically makes it worth more than PCARS' offering. I paid more for Forza than I did PCARS but as an Indycar fan, I feel it was worth it. So sue me?

So you bought a game based on something that wasn't even in the game at that point?
There's also a reason why we are missing ovals, if you were to use the search function you would understand why.
So no, it wasn't a lie.

If you don't really care about how accurate the cars are, why didn't you just buy forza in the first place? It always was going to have more tracks from the Indy series.

But let me guess, anyone that doesn't agree with you is a fanboy right?

hkraft300
13-03-2016, 09:50
SMS really dropped the ball on the Indycars. I ended up picking up Forza 6...
at the very least they have Indianapolis to race INDY (short for INDIANAPOLIS) cars on... Better than PCARS, though.

Keep in mind SMS promised Indianapolis ... so you fanboys can fuck off.

Lol :applause:

Enough said.
You know those Toyota MR2 based kit cars that make it look like a Ferrari 355? Ye... You're basically saying you'd drive one of them just because it has a Ferrari badge.
Fanboys? Wow. If ever there's an Indy fanboy, you've taken the crown.
So, why aren't you over at Forza forums having a cry about the lack of low df kits for the Dallara? And in any case, like in Forza it'd make a difference...
Lol well done.

Jescott71
13-03-2016, 09:55
I just bought a game that promised particular content to be added in the future, but only slightly (and VERY slightly) delivered on that promise ... I simply took SMS for their word, and was disappointed by what was actually delivered.

As someone (and I can't remember who, so apologies to that person) rightly pointed out, anything to do with Indycar was posted on the WMD website, which, in a sense, is a development blog. The only website you should trust for saying what exact content will be in the game, is the official Project Cars website (Link here: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/). Nowhere on the official Project Cars website does it mention an official Indycar series or Indianapolis or any ovals coming to the game. So to say the game hasn't delivered content that was promised isn't explicitly true, is it?

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 10:19
So you bought a game based on something that wasn't even in the game at that point?
There's also a reason why we are missing ovals, if you were to use the search function you would understand why.
So no, it wasn't a lie.

If you don't really care about how accurate the cars are, why didn't you just buy forza in the first place? It always was going to have more tracks from the Indy series.

But let me guess, anyone that doesn't agree with you is a fanboy right?

Indianapolis and the entire field of cars/drivers from the 2015 season was promised by SMS. It's on their website. If you were to use a search engine you could read it for yourself and understand that.

I bought PCARS because it looked like a good game - and it is! But that still doesn't mean they didn't LIE to us about Indycar.

A fanboy is someone who refuses to acknowledge any criticism whatsoever. If you fail to realize that SMS lied about Indycar, then yes, you are a fanboy as it is pretty concrete factual information that they did so.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 10:23
Lol :applause:

Enough said.
You know those Toyota MR2 based kit cars that make it look like a Ferrari 355? Ye... You're basically saying you'd drive one of them just because it has a Ferrari badge.
Fanboys? Wow. If ever there's an Indy fanboy, you've taken the crown.
So, why aren't you over at Forza forums having a cry about the lack of low df kits for the Dallara? And in any case, like in Forza it'd make a difference...
Lol well done.

I have no idea what you're talking about with the first comment. I have little interest in road cars.

Am I an Indycar fanboy? I don't really think so, considering I absolutely HATED the IRL for years after the split and have complained about things they have done many times over the years. You clearly have no idea what the word fanboy means.

I'm not sure why you think I haven't complained about Forza on other forums either. Way to make assumptions - and you wonder why people call you a fanboy. I have complained about many things on Forza, but I'm not sure how that is relevant. I'm not a Forza fanboy like everyone here is a PCARS fanboy.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 10:26
As someone (and I can't remember who, so apologies to that person) rightly pointed out, anything to do with Indycar was posted on the WMD website, which, in a sense, is a development blog. The only website you should trust for saying what exact content will be in the game, is the official Project Cars website (Link here: http://www.projectcarsgame.com/). Nowhere on the official Project Cars website does it mention an official Indycar series or Indianapolis or any ovals coming to the game. So to say the game hasn't delivered content that was promised isn't explicitly true, is it?

That's a fair point, but WMD still developed the game and if it wasn't a confirmed feature for the game there was absolutely no reason to announce it on their blog.

I was already sold on the game before that but that was the "nail in the coffin" if it were for me, as I'm sure it was for others who enjoy their Indycar. As I've said, I still enjoy PCARS and don't regret buying it - I just find it awfully odd that it is such a crime to point out that this promise wasn't delivered.

Shinzah
13-03-2016, 10:26
You know, in all my life being a fan of Indycar, its community the last few years have almost entirely turned me off of the sport.

Thank goodness it offers great racing and likeable drivers.

The display of the community during my time spent on social media this weekend thoroughly disgusted me.

I'm going off on a tangent because I'm nonplussed by the posts of this "Fan".

If you were really a fan of the sport, you'd have been pleased having a car in the game that was physics tested by a respected driver and racing team for accuracy. Instead you're complaining about lies that never even happened.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 10:35
You know, in all my life being a fan of Indycar, its community the last few years have almost entirely turned me off of the sport.

Thank goodness it offers great racing and likeable drivers.

The display of the community during my time spent on social media this weekend thoroughly disgusted me.

I'm going off on a tangent because I'm nonplussed by the posts of this "Fan".

If you were really a fan of the sport, you'd have been pleased having a car in the game that was physics tested by a respected driver and racing team for accuracy. Instead you're complaining about lies that never even happened.

Lies that never happened? Really? Are you that dense?

I couldn't care less what you think of the "Indycar community". Like that even means anything. The fact that you feel so threatened by criticism to a video game that you feel the need to make sweeping generalizations about an entire racing series and their fanbase just shows how delusional you are.

hkraft300
13-03-2016, 10:38
Driving a Toyota MR2 with a Ferrari badge on it is like driving indycar in forza with their liveries and drivers vs driving the indycar in pcars. Its clear enough reading your posts that you don't see the difference.
Calm yourself and make some left turns.
BTW did you notice this is a pcars Indy thread?

Back on topic, not sure of the roof cam. The alternate tyres are the softer faster compound, but they wear out much faster too obviously. I haven't done long enough races in it to get good at it or a good setup for it. The gears and aero are easy enough to nail but damping making the suspension work properly to maximise aero is another matter.
More details about it can be found in the "Physics of" thread by Casey.

Edit: keep up the moaning and ranting Helix and this thread will be closed soon enough. Pcars has a Dallara. It will not get ovals. End of.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 10:40
It's hilarious that everyone here is so upset by the idea of being called "fanboys" when they can't have a simple discussion about WMD's false advertising.

It's like trying to have a discussion with Hitler's Youth on this forum. WMD CAN DO NO WRONG HEIL IAN

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 10:43
Driving a Toyota MR2 with a Ferrari badge on it is like driving indycar in forza with their liveries and drivers vs driving the indycar in pcars. Its clear enough reading your posts that you don't see the difference.
Calm yourself and make some left turns.
BTW did you notice this is a pcars Indy thread?

Back on topic, not sure of the roof cam. The alternate tyres are the softer faster compound, but they wear out much faster too obviously. I haven't done long enough races in it to get good at it or a good setup for it. The gears and aero are easy enough to nail but damping making the suspension work properly to maximise aero is another matter.
More details about it can be found in the "Physics of" thread by Casey.

Yeah I'm just going to assume a retarded Australian has no idea what IndyCars are like anyway. "Go make some left turns" thanks for proving you should not be adding to this conversation at all. Go fuck a wallaby, you criminal.

hkraft300
13-03-2016, 10:47
It's hilarious that everyone here is so upset by the idea of being called "fanboys" when they can't have a simple discussion about WMD's false advertising.

It's like trying to have a discussion with Hitler's Youth on this forum. WMD CAN DO NO WRONG HEIL IAN

No, there's been 10 other threads that have "discussed" it to death, and many other threads that got swamped about it.

Yeah I'm just going to assume a retarded Australian has no idea what IndyCars are like anyway. "Go make some left turns" thanks for proving you should not be adding to this conversation at all. Go fuck a wallaby, you criminal.

:applause:
Got no idea I don't drive them or watch the series. I'll just take the word of a legit Indycar driver who reckons SMS have nailed it in this game.

Shinzah
13-03-2016, 10:47

I couldn't care less what you think of the "Indycar community". Like that even means anything. The fact that you feel so threatened by criticism to a video game that you feel the need to make sweeping generalizations about an entire racing series and their fanbase just shows how delusional you are.

Well, The fact that you feel so sodium enriched by videogame racecars and can't tell a "lie" from an "Honest Error" Shows yours.

Otherworld
13-03-2016, 10:48
I love this forum when a conflict starts about SMS' actions, because both sides are always just as stupid. Yes, it is stupid to buy a game for content that's not yet in it if you specifically want the promised content and not what's already in the game. Yes, it is just as stupid to pretend that what SMS did by falsely advertising the Indy 500 and such was not a terrible thing to do, and a PR disaster, making them look unworthy of trust from both customers and license holders. Everyone happy now?

Shinzah
13-03-2016, 10:51
I love this forum when a conflict starts about SMS' actions, because both sides are always just as stupid. Yes, it is stupid to buy a game for content that's not yet in it if you specifically want the promised content and not what's already in the game. Yes, it is just as stupid to pretend that what SMS did by falsely advertising the Indy 500 and such was not a terrible thing to do, and a PR disaster, making them look unworthy of trust from both customers and license holders. Everyone happy now?

SMS didn't "advertise". They made a PR statement on a development blog. It was never marketed. Not through SMS. Not through Bandai Namco. It was an announcement of a licensing deal. Something that happens literally daily during game development for things that never reach end products.

SMS didn't do anything "Falsely".

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 10:53
And for the record I do prefer the physics of the PCARS Indycar to the Forza Indycar. You fanboys were the ones that made the assumption to the contrary. All I said was that I can't comment to the accuracy as I have never driven a real Indycar, which is true. And that I felt Forza was more worth the money from my personal perspective of someone buying the game purely for Indycar racing. Which is also true.

You were the ones that turned that into some kind of an attack, because you're delusional fanboys.

Dumbasses.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 10:55
SMS didn't "advertise". They made a PR statement on a development blog. It was never marketed. Not through SMS. Not through Bandai Namco. It was an announcement of a licensing deal. Something that happens literally daily during game development for things that never reach end products.

SMS didn't do anything "Falsely".

PR is marketing, and always had been. Welcome back to reality there chief.

Shinzah
13-03-2016, 10:56
http://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

You were the ones that turned that into some kind of an attack, because you're delusional fanboys.

Dumbasses.

because you're delusional fanboys.

Dumbasses.

You were the ones that turned that into some kind of an attack

Dumbasses.

Delusion: An idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

The defense rests.

Edit:

PR is marketing, and always had been. Welcome back to reality there chief.

Errr. No. A Press Release is not marketing material. Unless Celebrities like to advertise their favourite bars in which they were arrested at.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 10:57

I didn't buy the game for content that wasn't already in it though, that's the hilarious part. I have stated multiple times in this thread that I ENJOY PROJECT CARS.

But like an electric shock to someone taking a bath, the fanboys can't look past anything other than the criticism of the game they worship.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 10:59
http://cdn.cultofmac.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/phoenix-wright-objection.jpg

Delusion: An idiosyncratic belief or impression that is firmly maintained despite being contradicted by what is generally accepted as reality or rational argument, typically a symptom of mental disorder.

The defense rests.

Edit:

Errr. No. A Press Release is not marketing material. Unless Celebrities like to advertise their favourite bars in which they were arrested at.

The defense rests indeed.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 11:01
No, there's been 10 other threads that have "discussed" it to death, and many other threads that got swamped about it.

And that is relevant to this thread which I responded to before being attacked by you fanboys, how exactly?

:applause:
Got no idea I don't drive them or watch the series. I'll just take the word of a legit Indycar driver who reckons SMS have nailed it in this game.

I never said SMS didn't nail it. But thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the discussion, once again.

Shinzah
13-03-2016, 11:03
And that is relevant to this thread which I responded to before being attacked by you fanboys, how exactly?

In all fairness, not one person here has told you to do uncouth and deviant things to wildlife nor accused you of having a mental disorder.

You have though.

Multiple times.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 11:08
In all fairness, not one person here has told you to do uncouth and deviant things to wildlife nor accused you of having a mental disorder.

You have though.

Multiple times.

My comment about Australians was an example of a stereotypical insult like he threw out towards those who enjoy IndyCar. Please keep up, it's not that hard to grasp the english language - assuming it is your first language.

And calling someone stupid doesn't mean you think they have a mental disorder. Those are two very different things.

hkraft300
13-03-2016, 11:11

I never said SMS didn't nail it. But thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the discussion, once again.

So, you've turned this thread into yet another "Boohoo no ovals" thread.
Because that's so productive.

BTW Wallabies are an endangered species.

Shinzah
13-03-2016, 11:12
No, but repeatedly calling someone Delusional does have a certain implication.

hkraft made a joke. You do know what that is? It's when someone says something meant to be taken lightly in order to defuse a situation.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 11:19
No, but repeatedly calling someone Delusional does have a certain implication.

hkraft made a joke. You do know what that is? It's when someone says something meant to be taken lightly in order to defuse a situation.

Refusing to acknowledge criticism is delusional though. If you think delusion is a mental handicap - fine. I'm not a doctor, I'm just calling it how I see it.

If he truly was just making a joke, I apologize. But it's hard not to be defensive on a forum such as this that regularly ridicules fans of oval racing. To me it felt more like he was insinuating that a form of racing I enjoy was less important because of the shape of some of the tracks they race on.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 11:21

Actually I didn't, I just responded to someone else's post. Pardon me for assuming that the point of a forum was to respond to and discuss with others.

theothermexico
13-03-2016, 11:23
so you fanboys can fuck off. I still enjoy Project Cars, but that doesn't change the fact that a major reason I bought the game was based on a lie.

I'm not a Forza fanboy like everyone here is a PCARS fanboy.

Dumbasses.

I didn't buy the game for content that wasn't already in it though, that's the hilarious part. I have stated multiple times in this thread that I ENJOY PROJECT CARS.

But like an electric shock to someone taking a bath, the fanboys can't look past anything other than the criticism of the game they worship.

so after dribbling this s*** you're the one being attacked?

theothermexico
13-03-2016, 11:24

tell that to the ones near my house! i get 100s in my yard every night!

Shinzah
13-03-2016, 11:24
No, refusing to acknowledge criticism is ignorance. And you are not criticizing, you are bitching about a reality that objectively never existed and completely butchering the already molested enough english language doing it.

Delusion by definition is a mental handicap. Delusional people can't even comprehend reality, let along be ignorant of it. In most senses, you've demonstrably enacted minor elements of delusion in your vitriolic defense of your standpoint.

Please just try this once.

Repeat after me: "Dear Project Cars forum. I am disappointed that there are only 2 tracks from the indycar schedule in the game, and that the dlc includes a three year old car with no official liveries save for the centennial and tag heuer ones. I am now going to go relax and play videogames."

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 11:28
so after dribbling this s*** you're the one being attacked?

Uh, yeah. Only your first quote was from my original comment - which is hilarious because I was just commenting about how I was obviously going to be attacked by fanboys for sharing an my opinion.

Sasquatch
13-03-2016, 11:29
Yes, it is stupid to buy a game for content that's not yet in it if you specifically want the promised content and not what's already in the game.

That pretty much easily sums it up.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 11:32
No, refusing to acknowledge criticism is ignorance. And you are not criticizing, you are bitching about a reality that objectively never existed and completely butchering the already molested enough english language doing it.

Delusion by definition is a mental handicap. Delusional people can't even comprehend reality, let along be ignorant of it. In most senses, you've demonstrably enacted minor elements of delusion in your vitriolic defense of your standpoint.

Please just try this once.

Repeat after me: "Dear Project Cars forum. I am disappointed that there are only 2 tracks from the indycar schedule in the game, and that the dlc includes a three year old car with no official liveries save for the centennial and tag heuer ones. I am now going to go relax and play videogames."

You're really stretching.

I'll just say that I apologize for making light of anyone's mental handicaps. I may have been too defensive, but that doesn't mean I wasn't provoked by the members of this community. So the feeling behind my messages remain the same, I just hope I did not insult anyone for their disabilities.

-Helix-
13-03-2016, 11:33
That pretty much easily sums it up.

Way to ignore the other half of his post, which was far more relevant.

Roger Prynne
13-03-2016, 11:34
Closed.... that's what you get for acting like children.