PDA

View Full Version : Announcing the Nvidia Challenger Series

Joseph Barron
09-03-2016, 13:24

We're very proud to announce that the 2016 Fixed Setup Challenger Series will now be known as the Nvidia Challenger Series! #NCS for short.

Read all of the details on our Esports website (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/announcing-the-nvidia-challenger-series).

Just like the Logitech G Championship Series (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/2016-logitech-g-championship-series.html), this will bring more attention, coverage and prizes to the championship for everyone to benefit from.

Alongside this news, we have published the full schedule and regulations (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/2016-nvidia-challenger-series.html) for the Fixed Setup NCS.

If you have entered this Series, please read the regulations thoroughly.

Dazza
09-03-2016, 13:55
Not sure if this has been answered before, but why as i forced to buy a bit of the DLC to compete in these series. or do they become free to use while the round is on? If not thats a bit low.

Joseph Barron
09-03-2016, 14:22
Hi Dazza. We simply want to use some of the Add-On cars/tracks this season to freshen up the Esports Championships for the thousands of drivers who entered last year, by giving them some new content to race.

Pamellaaa
09-03-2016, 14:36
Not sure if this has been answered before, but why as i forced to buy a bit of the DLC to compete in these series. or do they become free to use while the round is on? If not thats a bit low.

I don't really see why the (already very cheap) content should be made free just because it is being used in an official event, if you haven't got the content you can either get it or not enter that round. Its not "low" at all.

Dazza
09-03-2016, 14:47
I don't really see why the (already very cheap) content should be made free just because it is being used in an official event, if you haven't got the content you can either get it or not enter that round. Its not "low" at all.

it was just a question, i never demanded it. I understand why they have done it. It's there way to push more sale, that's fine it's sms choice it's their game. like you said It's my choice not to buy it and i wont be so sadly i'll miss out on this event. I was looking forward to it but ohh well.

You say it's to keep it fresh but looking back at last season, there's still a few cars and tracks you easily could have used that was not used previously.

Figuur84
09-03-2016, 15:53
Well, I do like that they use DLC cars, especially for the people who already bought it, it is nice we actually can use them for this.

EMW Simmo
09-03-2016, 18:30
yessssss lovin the car/track choices v nice cant wait, finally something fresh.

Ryzza5
09-03-2016, 20:33
Would it be too obvious to point out that all those who haven't purchased the base game can't compete either? Not sure one can call it fair/unfair - it is what it is.

cmch15
09-03-2016, 21:41
Great selection of events, looking forward to it. And to finish at Bathurst, that'll be a busy weekend for me! :)

Bit of a shame the dropped score system didn't make it in though.

Mezzanine
11-03-2016, 16:30
Coming with a default setup event - will you fix the default setup or will it go on beeing an exploitable event?

cheers

Figuur84
11-03-2016, 17:43
Coming with a default setup event - will you fix the default setup or will it go on beeing an exploitable event?

cheers

If you have complaints, that is ok. But explain it please. I don't know what you mean by 'exploids'. Explain yourself! I'm interested if I miss something.I follow the forum, but cant figure your one out tbh.

Joseph Barron
11-03-2016, 19:00

cheers

The Fixed Setups will be the *Default* setups for each car. The next patch will include a new feature which will allow us to force Default Setups for specific Community Events.

bmanic
11-03-2016, 19:04
Please double check that the FFB settings are still user changeable. It's such an easy bug to happen.

DavidCore89
11-03-2016, 19:32
Looks like a cool series, some very nice car and track combo's.

The current 'Force Default Setup' option has an issue in MP, not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere and I'm not sure if it'll affect this series in the same way.

If the MP lobby is set to 'Force Default Setup', all players will get the same setup, except fuel load may vary quite dramatically.

Any player who has a setup saved to that car and track will always be given varying amounts of fuel (often as much as 60 litres in GT3).

Example: V8SC at Oulton Park Island, force default setup: Yes. I have no setup saved to this car and track, as a result I get 14.3 litres of fuel in qualifying and 43 litres for the race.

I exit, go to garage, save a setup for that car and track and reload an identical lobby, now I have 40 litres for qualifying and 40 litres for the race :confused:

Hopefully it can be fixed before this series starts, or maybe the default setup will be 5 litres as in Time Trial?

Animera
12-03-2016, 00:57
PCDC has entered a team, but I've not received any confirmation.
Is there somewhere I can confirm that the team is entered?

Joseph Barron
12-03-2016, 10:06
PCDC has entered a team, but I've not received any confirmation.
Is there somewhere I can confirm that the team is entered?

We have it and have added it to the database.

cmch15
12-03-2016, 14:53
In the regs it states about "privacy settings being set in such a way that ghost data is not visible". Does anyone know where such a setting exists? I thought I recall there being an option in PS4 privacy about ghost data but can only find activity, trophies and videos. Or am I dreaming? :)

JohnSchoonsBeard
13-03-2016, 10:50
We have it and have added it to the database.

Hi Joseph. Is there any chance we will be able to do a friends only filter for time trial results like we can in normal time trial? Or maybe the results can be viewed externally from the console? This will be of particular help to differentiate from users times that have been made in time trial mode but in tuned cars. Also on console we don't have the facility to see best laps by car but by what are generally, very broad classes. Again this will help those of us who have friends from the league/Club across the whole leaderboard. Surely the major part of development has been done in the time trial mode. I would have thought it "relatively" simple to transfer that functionality to community events. I understand it may still not be possible now.

Joseph Barron
13-03-2016, 21:27
Hi Joseph. Is there any chance we will be able to do a friends only filter for time trial results like we can in normal time trial? Or maybe the results can be viewed externally from the console? This will be of particular help to differentiate from users times that have been made in time trial mode but in tuned cars. Also on console we don't have the facility to see best laps by car but by what are generally, very broad classes. Again this will help those of us who have friends from the league/Club across the whole leaderboard. Surely the major part of development has been done in the time trial mode. I would have thought it relatively simple to transfer that functionality to community events. It understand it may still not be possible now.

I'm not a programmer, so I don't want to speak too much for the development team. However, I think this is unlikely to happen in the near future I'm afraid.

EGBats
14-03-2016, 20:44
I want all the track Dodge Viper from 1990 to 2016

BrightDark
24-03-2016, 11:14
Hello :)

I have a couple of questions:

1: Under "How to play" it says:
"eSports drivers are free to enter any Live Rounds as many times as they wish using their Registered Draft Account without penalty."

What is the "Registered Draft account"? My psn ID?

2: Under "Ghost Review" is says:
"Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if fewer than two wheels remain in contact with the track."

Does this mean that I can have a lap that is validated and registered by the game, but deemed invalid by ghost review?
If this is correct, how will you find my second fastest lap, if the fastest lap is invalidated by ghost review?

Joseph Barron
24-03-2016, 16:20
Hello :)

I have a couple of questions:

1: Under "How to play" it says:
"eSports drivers are free to enter any Live Rounds as many times as they wish using their Registered Draft Account without penalty."

What is the "Registered Draft account"? My psn ID?

2: Under "Ghost Review" is says:
"Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if fewer than two wheels remain in contact with the track."

Does this mean that I can have a lap that is validated and registered by the game, but deemed invalid by ghost review?
If this is correct, how will you find my second fastest lap, if the fastest lap is invalidated by ghost review?

Hi BrightDark.

1. You are correct. Your "Registered Draft account" name is your PSN ID.

2. This is also correct. We are only able to review the ghost for your fastest lap on the leaderboard, and you can only have one entry on the leaderboard. Therefore, if your fastest lap when the event finishes is deemed to be invalid, we cannot roll back to your second fastest lap, as we will not be able to review that ghost. We had the same rules last year as well. Therefore, it is in each driver's best interest to make sure that they do not exceed track limits at any time.

BrightDark
24-03-2016, 16:31
I see, better be sure if a lap is good, then! Before crossing the finish line, I mean ;)

And fair enough, it's the same for everybody.

danmc_27
25-03-2016, 23:37
Hi, I'm just wanting to confirm whether my registration/entry to this series has been received. I entered the other day but have not received any confirmation and my name (danmc_27) does not appear in the list of registered drivers/teams.

Cheers,

danmc_27

MisterO
26-03-2016, 09:14
If you're going solo / with no team you don't need to register anyway afaik.

Joseph Barron
26-03-2016, 09:20
Hi, I'm just wanting to confirm whether my registration/entry to this series has been received. I entered the other day but have not received any confirmation and my name (danmc_27) does not appear in the list of registered drivers/teams.

Cheers,

danmc_27

We have to manually update the driver page, we just haven't gotten around to it yet. You have been registered.

danmc_27
27-03-2016, 23:44
Hey, thanks heaps Joseph and good luck to all those registered. Hopefully this will be a good close comp with different car/track combos better suiting different drivers/driving styles throughout the season. The best drivers will always be up there but will be interesting to see who can best adapt to different conditions to take out overall points.

See you 'round the tracks,

Dan

AnDr3z1n
28-03-2016, 11:41
I would like to register my team in this competition. But my country (Brazil) does not appear in the selection of choice. How can I do it?

facebook team page: https://www.facebook.com/R2GTMotorsport/

Joseph Barron
28-03-2016, 16:56
I would like to register my team in this competition. But my country (Brazil) does not appear in the selection of choice. How can I do it?

facebook team page: https://www.facebook.com/R2GTMotorsport/

Choose any country, but please include (Brazil) in your team name and we will make sure that you are entered into the teams database correctly.

AnDr3z1n
29-03-2016, 11:42
Choose any country, but please include (Brazil) in your team name and we will make sure that you are entered into the teams database correctly.

Thanks Joseph. xD

Slawek_9
29-03-2016, 18:39
Hello, could you confirm me the registration of the team RFT.

Thank you

Joseph Barron
29-03-2016, 20:01
Hello, could you confirm me the registration of the team RFT.

Thank you

Yes, we have it.

cluck
30-03-2016, 11:53
In for a penny, in for a pound. Just registered myself as a sole-member (ie, a team of me me me me me me me)

Time to find out just how rubbish I really am :D. I'm hopeless with car setups so this fixed setup championship really appeals :).

(edit : that gif is mine by the way, I created it)

EDIT : Joseph, just a heads up that there might be a change in plans. I've been chatting to a couple of WMD guys I chat to most nights and we've decided to form a team. I'll PM you if this goes ahead as they will create the team and I'll just need to be added to it if that's possible?

stazer92
30-03-2016, 14:05
Hello, could you confirm me the registration of the team Virtualdrivers BY TX3 "junior" , "senior" and "Fun" on Xbox One

Thank you

Joseph Barron
30-03-2016, 14:15
Hello, could you confirm me the registration of the team Virtualdrivers BY TX3 "junior" , "senior" and "Fun" on Xbox One

Thank you

Yes, we have them :)

inthebagbud
31-03-2016, 12:04
Are console teams allowed to be made up off a mixture of xbox and ps4 users or do they have to be from one console type

Apologies for last minute question

cluck
31-03-2016, 13:12
Joseph - sorry to be a pain but I'm not going to be racing solo anymore, I'll be part of the RSR team (they should have included me on their teamsheet when signing up).

Cheers :).

EDIT : Also, I'm not sure exactly how I will show up in the system. My official Steam ID is 'Clucksworld' but I use the name 'Cluck' all the time. Just thought you ought to be aware of that, depending on how your systems are set up.

Jason Ganz
31-03-2016, 13:48
I wonder if I should sign up.... Team typeytypey?

Joseph Barron
31-03-2016, 16:52
Are console teams allowed to be made up off a mixture of xbox and ps4 users or do they have to be from one console type

Apologies for last minute question

You can have a mixture, but please make sure that each player's platform is correctly identified in the registration.

Joseph Barron
31-03-2016, 16:53
Joseph - sorry to be a pain but I'm not going to be racing solo anymore, I'll be part of the RSR team (they should have included me on their teamsheet when signing up).

Cheers :).

EDIT : Also, I'm not sure exactly how I will show up in the system. My official Steam ID is 'Clucksworld' but I use the name 'Cluck' all the time. Just thought you ought to be aware of that, depending on how your systems are set up.

Thanks for letting me know. How does your name appear on the in-game leaderboards? That's the one that we need to have recorded correctly.

cluck
31-03-2016, 17:06
Thanks for letting me know. How does your name appear on the in-game leaderboards? That's the one that we need to have recorded correctly.Cheers Joseph.

re. my name on the leaderboards, it will appear as 'Cluck' :).

Krus Control
31-03-2016, 19:24
I signed up for this series. Was a bit tired of fighting with setups. Found the fixed series idea appealing.

1sgamingextra
01-04-2016, 09:10
Hi could you confirm the registration of 1sgaming please?

inthebagbud
01-04-2016, 12:02
We have a spot for a console racer in our team if anybody is interested - the 4 of us are xbox but no issue with a PS4 driver -

Joseph Barron
01-04-2016, 12:47
Hi could you confirm the registration of 1sgaming please?

We have it :)

Joseph Barron
01-04-2016, 12:50
Andy Tudor and I shot a video this week in our new Esports studio to talk about some of the teams and drivers competing this year, and also share a few predictions too.

Check it out:

http://youtu.be/0ubKlY21RHg

BrightDark
01-04-2016, 15:44
Hi again Joseph.

Could you confirm the registration of Team Psynchro?

I also sent you a pm yesterday. Did you receive it?

Cheers.

Joseph Barron
01-04-2016, 16:05
Hi again Joseph.

Cheers.

Yep, you're registered.

inthebagbud
01-04-2016, 16:50
Had to reregister TEAM CRF 1st April removing mohawkman94 (wrong platform) and adding octoberdusk06, hope that's OK any issues you have my contact details

t0daY
01-04-2016, 19:33
Hey Joseph,

sent you also a pm about my registrations. Hopefully you received everything! :D

Cheers :)

beetes_juice
01-04-2016, 20:21
Confirm for HSF Racing?

Joseph Barron
01-04-2016, 23:50
Confirm for HSF Racing?

Yes, you're in.

Ryzza5
02-04-2016, 06:33
Nice trailer

Gotta project your voice a bit more Joe :)

Photonenbert
02-04-2016, 15:11
Registered 2 days ago as a single driver in my "team" can you confrim Joseph? Thx ! :)

Joseph Barron
04-04-2016, 08:39
Registered 2 days ago as a single driver in my "team" can you confrim Joseph? Thx ! :)

Got it :)

JohnSchoonsBeard
04-04-2016, 21:10
Got it :)

Hi Joseph. We've had a driver drop out from the C.R.A.P. Racing team (we have 2 entered). Are we able to substitute in another or have we missed the cut off? (Not that we're in it to win it. In fact we probably won't trouble the scorers at all)

FiFiRaceR
04-04-2016, 21:16
I'm afraid I'm arriving too late to take part in this NVIDIA series, right? and same thing for the Logitech Championship, it's no longer possible to register? So, it means no community network event on Project CARS before October at least? :(
Thanx for any help. I'm quite new to this... I started to play the game again only few days ago. Argh... missed it for just few days, frustrating! :tongue-new:

Joseph Barron
04-04-2016, 22:01
I'm afraid I'm arriving too late to take part in this NVIDIA series, right? and same thing for the Logitech Championship, it's no longer possible to register? So, it means no community network event on Project CARS before October at least? :(
Thanx for any help. I'm quite new to this... I started to play the game again only few days ago. Argh... missed it for just few days, frustrating! :tongue-new:

Registration was just for teams. You can still take part as an individual driver once the events begin. Just enter the Community Events when they go live.

Joseph Barron
04-04-2016, 22:02
Hi Joseph. We've had a driver drop out from the C.R.A.P. Racing team (we have 2 entered). Are we able to substitute in another or have we missed the cut off? (Not that we're in it to win it. In fact we probably won't trouble the scorers at all)

Please send me a PM and we can discuss it from there.

Meawto
05-04-2016, 03:37
Hi again Joseph. Could you confirm the registration of Team SRT?

I'm registration on 3/31

http://upic.me/t/7j/12915106_1028620833879353_600778668_o.jpg (http://upic.me/show/58232298)

Joseph Barron
05-04-2016, 08:59
Hi again Joseph. Could you confirm the registration of Team SRT?

I'm registration on 3/31

http://upic.me/t/7j/12915106_1028620833879353_600778668_o.jpg (http://upic.me/show/58232298)

Have replied to the private message you sent.

1sgamingextra
05-04-2016, 21:19
Hi we just signed up for this with my team. Just a quick question. How do we get our ghost data to appear on the leaderboards on ps4 as we have been doing some time trials and our ghosts aren't showing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Barron
07-04-2016, 11:23
Hi we just signed up for this with my team. Just a quick question. How do we get our ghost data to appear on the leaderboards on ps4 as we have been doing some time trials and our ghosts aren't showing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ghost only appear for the top 30 times on each leaderboard. If you make it into the top 30, your ghost data should be automatically uploaded.

Joseph Barron
12-04-2016, 15:22
Posted just now, here's an article from our Esports website about the top teams registered for the upcoming NCS season.

http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/presenting-your-nvidia-challenger-teams

Bazil14
12-04-2016, 22:05
Posted just now, here's an article from our Esports website about the top teams registered for the upcoming NCS season.

http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/presenting-your-nvidia-challenger-teams

Hi Joseph, I have noticed that my name has been recorded incorrectly on the http://www.projectcarsesports.com/teams.html page, It should be "Bazil MK2", not "Basil MK2" in the SBJS Team, Thank you :)

BrightDark
13-04-2016, 09:56
Hi again Joseph.

Cheers.

Yep, you're registered.

Hi Joseph.

I assumed that you also received the PM, but I don't think you did. It contained some additional information, so I'd like to re-send it to you. Can that be done?

Joseph Barron
13-04-2016, 12:59
Hi Joseph.

I assumed that you also received the PM, but I don't think you did. It contained some additional information, so I'd like to re-send it to you. Can that be done?

Send it to me again if you like. Please mention whether it is to do with an NCS registration, an LGCS registration, or both.

BrightDark
13-04-2016, 15:20
Send it to me again if you like. Please mention whether it is to do with an NCS registration, an LGCS registration, or both.

Thanks!:o

inthebagbud
13-04-2016, 17:32
just wondering how is tyre wear dealt with is it forced on or not as it is not part of the car default ?

Joseph Barron
14-04-2016, 14:05
http://www.projectcarsesports.com/uploads/2/0/6/5/20658008/846639088.png

We're entering two staff teams in the NVIDIA Challenger Series this year. One on PC and one on Console.

Find out who's in the teams at:
http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/here-comes-a-new-challenger-team-sms-r

I'll look forward to being humbled/humiliated by all of your ludicrously quick laps.

Don't worry about these teams affecting your points or prizes. The Project CARS staff teams will not earn points or be eligible for prizes. We just want to see how we stack up against you guys. Also, you'll probably beat us every time anyway!

See you on the track!

TheDoctor46
14-04-2016, 14:11
Thats quite cool tbh. I'd rather love to see them participate in actual races ;) But I guess if you're working on a game on a daily basis you're quite exhausted to share your freetime w/ said title :p

Joseph Barron
14-04-2016, 14:14
Thats quite cool tbh. I'd rather love to see them participate in actual races ;) But I guess if you're working on a game on a daily basis you're quite exhausted to share your freetime w/ said title :p

A couple of our guys have raced in our Official GT3 Leagues by Apex Online Racing (http://apexonlineracing.com/community/). Most of us don't have enough time to dedicate to car setup work though, so a fixed setup Series like the NVIDIA one is the perfect way for us to see how our times compare with the community's.

cluck
14-04-2016, 14:25
A couple of our guys have raced in our Official GT3 Leagues by Apex Online Racing (http://apexonlineracing.com/community/). Most of us don't have enough time to dedicate to car setup work though, so a fixed setup Series like the NVIDIA one is the perfect way for us to see how our times compare with the community's.Badly :p

(if the Autosport Show challenge is anything to go by)

EDIT : Forgot to add, have to agree with Doc, it's a great idea and look forward to seeing the times you guys set :)

EDIT : Oh man, I've just seen who's in the NVidia championship. Who let Pete on the team :o. You know I've seen milk floats drive faster than Pete does :D.

(I should add, I am only pulling Pete's leg)

EDIT : I should also point out that other than the 'agree with Doc' line, my tonque was firmly in my cheek with what I posted above, just in case anybody does take it seriously :o . It is great to see you guys taking part. Seeing how my time compares was also my primary motive for taking part :yes:.

Benjamin Benichou
14-04-2016, 16:14
good luck!!!

Joseph Barron
14-04-2016, 16:19
good luck!!!

We're gonna need it!

Alan Dallas
16-04-2016, 07:56
Registration was just for teams. You can still take part as an individual driver once the events begin. Just enter the Community Events when they go live.

This is what I'll be doing in the NCS. See if I can throw in an upset fast lap and take points from teams. :p (I doubt it, but it'll be fun trying anyway.)

Yorkie065
16-04-2016, 16:18
This is what I'll be doing in the NCS. See if I can throw in an upset fast lap and take points from teams. :p (I doubt it, but it'll be fun trying anyway.)

Yeah you won't be the only one ;)

inthebagbud
18-04-2016, 12:42
Just bumping this

just wondering how is tyre wear dealt with is it forced on or not as it is not part of the car default ?

also

on console boards if you have set a faster time at a circuit with another car the time set in a slower car does not appear on the leaderboards - how is this overcome in the Challenge series as if a TT time has already been set at all the circuits in a faster car than the car in the event it will not show up?

ralphy0502
20-04-2016, 15:54
What happens if you accidentally post an invalid lap and cannot actually improve on that? You are then stuck with an invalid lap on the boards...

What i mean by invalid is... you have 3 wheels over the white line but dont realize straight away.

inthebagbud
20-04-2016, 16:01
What happens if you accidentally post an invalid lap and cannot actually improve on that? You are then stuck with an invalid lap on the boards...

What i mean by invalid is... you have 3 wheels over the white line but dont realize straight away.

The advice I have seen is to invalidate the lap , but if you don't know until the only way is to go and beat it with a valid better lap.

Not sure if you can record a valid lap and send them that though - there was a post on this subject but cant find it now

cmch15
20-04-2016, 16:06
Yes, you just have to improve on that lap. They don't roll back to your previous best.

TheDoctor46
20-04-2016, 16:08

Just post your invalid lap in here and SMS might delete it from the database.

cmch15
20-04-2016, 16:21
From Josephs post in the Logitech series thread....

Improved times with track cuts

If you improve your time on the leaderboard, but exceed track limits on your new lap, then your time will be ignored as described above. If this happens, we do not roll back to your previous valid lap time. Only your fastest lap on the leaderboard at the end of the event will be considered for the final results.

Therefore, if during a lap you think that you might have cut a corner or run-wide even slightly, please back-off & abandon the lap, rather than set an invalid lap for the leaderboard. Otherwise you risk setting an invalid lap that you cannot replace with a faster, valid lap before the end of the event, meaning you miss out on possible championship points.

Improving your time in the final hour of the event

If you are still improving your times in the final hour of the event on Monday night, please consider recording video footage of your lap. If you improve your lap at the very end and for some reason we cannot review your ghost, we may request that you provide video footage of the lap so that we can check that you didn't cut the track. Failure to provide this footage can result in your time being left out of the official results.

In the footage, we ideally need to see the chase camera and the TV cameras from the replay of your lap. Your video should also show the in-game pause screen, displaying the lap-time, to prove that the video footage matches the time on the leaderboard.

That's all the boring stuff out of the way now. Good luck this weekend!

F1Masa
20-04-2016, 17:44
after you best lap watch replay and if you cutting you lap Close your game straight in TimeTrial then lap not save.

Krus Control
20-04-2016, 19:32
I love these rules. When I read this stipulation about cutting was when I decided to join up.

cmch15
20-04-2016, 19:37
after you best lap watch replay and if you cutting you lap Close your game straight in TimeTrial then lap not save.

I think you can choose "restart session" too from memory.

Krus Control
20-04-2016, 21:20
I think you can choose "restart session" too from memory.

If you do restart session, your lap will save when you exit. You need to close the game via alt+ctrl+del if you've already set a lap where you cut.

cluck
20-04-2016, 21:26
The easiest thing to do is pause just before you cross the line, replay the lap to see if you do make a mistake, and quit out if you spot a problem :).

inthebagbud
20-04-2016, 22:04
The easiest thing to do is pause just before you cross the line, replay the lap to see if you do make a mistake, and quit out if you spot a problem :).

on console you cannot exit with out saving , if the lap is invalid you will have to restart the session which cancels your current lap , then have another go or then exit as your laptime will be zero

cluck
20-04-2016, 22:09
on console you cannot exit with out saving , if the lap is invalid you will have to restart the session which cancels your current lap , then have another go or then exit as your laptime will be zeroAh, OK sorry, I wasn't aware of that limitation, I only have the PC version :o. On PC you can just pause, watch the replay and then continue the session.

Alan Dallas
21-04-2016, 03:40
Common ya'll... you know when you've cut a corner or ran wide. Pause the game strait away when you suspect you just did, watch replay to confirm. Confirmed? BACK OFF that lap!!
Pretty simple no?

Mezzanine
21-04-2016, 11:13
Good morning,

as this challenge starts tonight and there a few open problems which have been adressed in this forum but not answered, I'd like to ask one more time if someone will take care or at least explain how to handle:

- Differend fuel loads when driving with default setup
- Some users and SMS seem to be able to use all assists in the event, but others are not
- Uploaded ghost data does not match the time set

There's also the remaining question regarding pcars mixing up the result table which is not directly relevant to this event but for ESL and other races ...

I'm asking this to have a nice and fair championship. To be honest, I really would like to take part, but with you keeping your head in the sand though there are issues and though you especially named a 'esports community manager' who does not answer this it does not make this timetrial championship a place where to spend time. The last half sentence sure is just an opinion, so what do you think? Will someone take care?

Joseph Barron
21-04-2016, 15:04
Good morning,

as this challenge starts tonight and there a few open problems which have been adressed in this forum but not answered, I'd like to ask one more time if someone will take care or at least explain how to handle:

- Differend fuel loads when driving with default setup
- Some users and SMS seem to be able to use all assists in the event, but others are not
- Uploaded ghost data does not match the time set

There's also the remaining question regarding pcars mixing up the result table which is not directly relevant to this event but for ESL and other races ...

I'm asking this to have a nice and fair championship. To be honest, I really would like to take part, but with you keeping your head in the sand though there are issues and though you especially named a 'esports community manager' who does not answer this it does not make this timetrial championship a place where to spend time. The last half sentence sure is just an opinion, so what do you think? Will someone take care?

Hi Mezzanine.

Fuel loads and assists have already been discussed in various threads in this forum. We have talked about these things internally as well, but no changes will be possible before the NVIDIA season starts.

The "mixed-up results" you mentioned are only in Round 1 of the LGCS and are being double-checked. Andy Tudor is intending to post an update about this - most likely tomorrow.

Mezzanine
21-04-2016, 16:07
Hello Mr Barron,

thanks for your reply.

I think the most important issue to clarify right now would be the assists point I made. Mr Tudor wrote it is possible for him to activate assists as he likes to, but several ppl incl. me experience this as not working whiule others say it's possible for them. You gave no reply on that point, can you please explain how you were able to turn on/off assists like ABS/TC/SC?

It would be very nice to clear this up before the event starts tonight, it will be pretty unfair for the players if not.

Regarding the mixed up results you might have the another issue in mind as me. I did not talk about the results of the last weekends timetrial but regarding race results in general.
It's been posted some weeks ago, your reply was to clarify this and give feedback which is missing up to now.

The problem is that you can finish a race on lets say P5 but the resultscreen showing up lists you as P6 or maybe P4.
This happens quite often and leads to bad mood in some situations like ESL where you have to rely on a screenshot of the resultscreen.
This bug is not relevant to the current timetrial event.

Joseph Barron
21-04-2016, 16:27
I'll let AndyT clarify the situation regarding assists in Community Events. I've told him about your question and pointed him to this thread.

Our development team is aware of the race results bug you mentioned. On the one occasion when this occurred in an ESL event, it was dealt with by ourselves and ESL and the correct result was confirmed. As for when this bug may be fixed, we don't have anything to announce at the moment.

Shinzah
22-04-2016, 07:57
Common ya'll... you know when you've cut a corner or ran wide. Pause the game strait away when you suspect you just did, watch replay to confirm. Confirmed? BACK OFF that lap!!
Pretty simple no?

To be fair, if you pause a lap you're driving in anger and watch a replay, chances are when you go back you've already blown it...

I'd like to wish all of my fellow competitors good luck in this series. I intend to bring my best to it, and hope I'll show well for myself and my team ^^;

cluck
22-04-2016, 08:47
To be fair, if you pause a lap you're driving in anger and watch a replay, chances are when you go back you've already blown it...

I'd like to wish all of my fellow competitors good luck in this series. I intend to bring my best to it, and hope I'll show well for myself and my team ^^;That's why the best thing to do is pause and watch the replay as close to the finish line as possible - no chance of blowing anything that way :)

graveltrap
22-04-2016, 08:56
Alternatively the in game track limits should be robust enough to cope with the demands of these events, that way no judgement call by the player is required and everyone is on the same page. If what we have is good enough for the TT leaderboards why isn't it good enough for this as well?

On longer laps such as Bathurst it won't be possible to watch back the full lap as replay only stores the last 2 minutes of driving in TT.

cluck
22-04-2016, 09:02
Alternatively the in game track limits should be robust enough to cope with the demands of these events, that way no judgement call by the player is required and everyone is on the same page. If what we have is good enough for the TT leaderboards why isn't it good enough for this as well?

On longer laps such as Bathurst it won't be possible to watch back the full lap as replay only stores the last 2 minutes of driving in TT.The track limits are what they are - there has to be some flexibility in them for actual racing, else people will get penalised for straying off the track whilst engaging in a good old fashioned race, since the game doesn't allow for multiple track limits based on the mode. It is our responsibility as drivers to stay within those limits.

As for Bathurst, the lap times will be a couple of seconds over the 2-minute mark, so it shouldn't be a problem to pause it on the last downhill straight toward's the final turn (Murray's). Then, if you think you strayed over the white lines on the exit of Murray's, watch the replay again :).

graveltrap
22-04-2016, 09:05
It does allow for multiple variations on track limits, racing is way more relaxed than TT mode already! I believe this was stated when the whole track limits debate was in full effect.

Benjamin Benichou
22-04-2016, 09:08
Its a fixed setup but why players have a custom setup and other Default setup ?

cluck
22-04-2016, 09:12
Ah, fair enough, I wasn't aware of that :o. See, 4 years into it and I'm still learning :D.

Another point re. Bathurst is that the only places you can really get 4 wheels off the track are the exit of the first turn, the exit of Griffin's, The Esses and The Chase. Anywhere else and you'll usually be riding the wall and losing time :).

cluck
22-04-2016, 09:14
Its a fixed setup but why players have a custom setup and other Default setup ?
231910From reading an earlier post (or a post elsewhere), it is possible to change the FFB setup, so that would show as a custom setup IIRC? As for those times, they are consistent with a default setup time :).

EDIT : OK, I just changed the setup of the car (I have been running it as default in time trial before the event started) and changed it dramatically - lowered the fuel, wings, ride height, closed all the vents etc - and it made no difference to the car behaviour in the event itself, it felt exactly like a default setup. My time, however, shows up as a custom setup. To be fair, I know the sort of time we can expect to see at the top of the LB and anything below that is going to stick out like a sore thumb (the current #1 time is not far short of the best we're going to see IMO) :).

Mezzanine
23-04-2016, 09:13
Good morning,

there were a few problems adressed here, one of them was that ghost data does not match the laptime on the leaderboard.
Below are two pictures which show part of this issue in the current event.

I tried a few laps with the Bentley last night. I've been choosing clucks entry in the leaderboard and pressed start.
There is a differend time shown on the leaderboard than the uploaded ghost is showing.

My current guess is, that the ghost from the previous driven lap is uploaded, not the one from the currrent which should be.
This is just a guess, I have not tested this seriously, but that might be your job anyway.

What are your thoughts on this?

inthebagbud
23-04-2016, 09:38
I did post about this here http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46491-TT-Times-do-not-match-uploaded-ghosts as the issue exists on the xbox as well.

If the ghost is not the current time how can sms validate the lap?

Mezzanine
23-04-2016, 10:07
Thats was my point too. A maybe even more serious point is that this might lead to be exploiteted by some.

Assuming my guess is right, it might be quite easy:

Drive a clean lap - ghost gets uploaded and looks fine. Now cut like hell to gain some time - your time will be set on the leaderboard.
This way you might have a clean ghost with a dirty time.

TheDoctor46
23-04-2016, 10:23
snip
Noticed this as well some days ago...took my some time to registrate I wasnt racing the current but an older ghost (his time on leaderboard was 2 seconds faster, yet I finished some car length infront) :stupid:

cluck
23-04-2016, 10:40
Good morning,

<snip>

Interestingly, that 1m47.0 time was the last lap I ran before realising I was hungry and sober, both of which were seriously affecting my ability to drive (1m46.78 for heaven's sake :rolleyes: :o ;)).

Mezzanine
23-04-2016, 11:29
Hello cluck,

do you maybe remember if the lap(time) shown on the leaderboard has been set directly before the ghost(time) shown?
So you've set 1.47.x when hungry and improoved to 1.46 after lunch? I'm asking because of the wild guess I made above (previous ghost and current lap)?

cheers dude

PS.: May I suggest not to eat some days before the next RSR race? Maybe this would give us the chance 2 catch you? ;-)

cluck
23-04-2016, 11:33
Hello cluck,

do you maybe remember if the lap(time) shown on the leaderboard has been set directly before the ghost(time) shown?
So you've set 1.47.x when hungry and improoved to 1.46 after lunch? I'm asking because of the wild guess I made above (previous ghost and current lap)?

cheers dude

PS.: May I suggest not to eat some days before the next RSR race? Maybe this would give us the chance 2 catch you? ;-)Nope, I didn't actually run any more laps last night. I am 'fairly' certain the 1m47 time was from the same 'session' (ie, I hadn't closed the event down, although I might well have restarted the session) as the 1m46 time.

Thing is, I haven't driven the combo for nearly 2 weeks and I've driven lots of other cars and tracks in the meantime. I just need to sit down with a clear, nourished, head and I'll be back to the 1m45 times again :). Not sure I'm going to catch those guys at the top though :o.

Mezzanine
23-04-2016, 12:10
Ok. To clear what bugs the ghostdata it would be good to run some tests. If people have time I'd suggest pinning down every single laptime you do and after you've set a time head to the leaderboard, select that ghost and start the event.
Then compare the times you've set to the time actually shown (the one in my 2nd screenshot above), this way you can see which ghost has been uploaded.

I also have not too much hope I'll improove a lot in this event, it's not a car I like very much and there are two extensive kickoff-bbq-season-sessions planned this weekend. I doubt beeing faster after the eating-orgy. I may need a few days of sleep more likely.

Mezzanine
25-04-2016, 16:27
Hello,

You guys are damn fast here, I just fired up pcars to maybe maintain a P100 position. Nice challenge, it's the first timetrial I see in pcars where a lot of people are really really close to each other, which is great. I've seen there are even several people on the top who have set the exact same time. Gaining a position is a matter of milliseconds, that is a good challenge :)

But what I've also seen, is that for some the right ghost seems to have uploaded, but for the others the wrong ghost is shown. Up to now I thought this happens seldom but it does not.

I have checked P1 to P20 - for 50% the right ghost ist shown, but for the other half a wrong one is in.

I hope you see the problems behind this, this will break the integrity of the board.
Not beeing the same for everyone it should shut down the exploiting possibility I thought about some posts ago, mostly and at least.

Do you maybe already know why this happens, is there a workarround?

Joseph Barron
25-04-2016, 16:37
Times with ghosts which do not match are simply because the leaderboards take a bit of time to update properly if drivers set several improved times in quick succession.

I have been reviewing ghosts on PS4 and XB1 today, and all of the ghosts have matched the lap-times correctly.

We will take care when reviewing the PC ghosts to make sure that the same is true there. I suspect that by the time we come to do our final checks, the PC servers will have caught up and the ghosts will be correct. This was always the case in our 2015 season as well.

Mezzanine
25-04-2016, 17:21
Times with ghosts which do not match are simply because the leaderboards take a bit of time to update properly if drivers set several improved times in quick succession.

I have been reviewing ghosts on PS4 and XB1 today, and all of the ghosts have matched the lap-times correctly.

We will take care when reviewing the PC ghosts to make sure that the same is true there. I suspect that by the time we come to do our final checks, the PC servers will have caught up and the ghosts will be correct. This was always the case in our 2015 season as well.

Hello!

Thank you for this answer, that sounds reasonable and a quick check leadboards website (you can see when the time's been set over there) vs ingame leaderboad vs ghost shown supports your answer. That is good to hear!

I hope you can clear up the other points easily, too.

Thx for your support on this, pls go on like that.

Mezzanine
25-04-2016, 17:34
Oh - maybe a quickshot:

When you start the timetrial, your brakes are still cold - to get the most out of them you need a to warm them up maybe an additional lap.
When doing this on the Monza track it's a tradeoff - if I do this, the tire temperatures aren't the best anymore :)

With additional laps then tirewear comes up (I cannot turn that off at least) which makes it harder to pin in a fast lap, so I'm ending up restarting and warming up brakes again.
Having hotter brakes at the start would easy up doing a good lap is my thought.

Is there a specific reason for the brakes start cold?

thx & cheers again

_MB_
26-04-2016, 01:44

Please double check this as the guy on the top spot had a 145.2 on Sunday yet the ghost lap was showing a 145.7 this was also on Sunday btw.Monday evening with 45mins remaining the ghost was still showing a 145.7
Many thanks.

justme
26-04-2016, 06:18
Looks like guys on PS4 have found how they can glitch ghosts so they have posted invalid times with slower and valid ghosts. I think everybody with wrong ghost should be disqualified from this round because there is no way you can check that time is valid. Or take that time from fake ghost...

cluck
26-04-2016, 07:52
Looks like guys on PS4 have found how they can glitch ghosts so they have posted invalid times with slower and valid ghosts. I think everybody with wrong ghost should be disqualified from this round because there is no way you can check that time is valid. Or take that time from fake ghost...Unless those people with invalid ghosts can supply their own evidence that proves their time is valid, I have to say I agree with you. If a ghost cannot be viewed, for whatever reason (ie legitimate problem or foul play), then the time should not be accepted as valid.

I'm on the PC division and would have been 28th except the wrong ghost was applied to my lap. It doesn't matter in relation to points of course (28th doesn't score any ;)) but it would have been nice if it was a verifiable lap.

I suspect network glitches might be the cause of this. In future, I'm going to watch every lap I do before I cross the S/F line and will exit back to the main menu if the lap looks like it will be bad. I will also do the same immediately after any half-decent lap. If SMS decide that 'no valid ghost = no valid placing' then I would suggest that others follow suit if they want to ensure their time is counted. (EDIT : I don't know how it works on console, but on PC you can go the pause menu - press Esc - and watch a 2-minute replay from there)

inthebagbud
26-04-2016, 07:58
Unless those people with invalid ghosts can supply their own evidence that proves their time is valid, I have to say I agree with you. If a ghost cannot be viewed, for whatever reason (ie legitimate problem or foul play), then the time should not be accepted as valid.

I'm on the PC division and would have been 28th except the wrong ghost was applied to my lap. It doesn't matter in relation to points of course (28th doesn't score any ;)) but it would have been nice if it was a verifiable lap.

I suspect network glitches might be the cause of this. In future, I'm going to watch every lap I do before I cross the S/F line and will exit back to the main menu if the lap looks like it will be bad. I will also do the same immediately after any half-decent lap. If SMS decide that 'no valid ghost = no valid placing' then I would suggest that others follow suit if they want to ensure their time is counted.

How do you check if the ghost is valid in the actual lap presumably it only saves when you fully exit back to main screen ?

cluck
26-04-2016, 08:06
How do you check if the ghost is valid in the actual lap presumably it only saves when you fully exit back to main screen ?I don't know how it works on the consoles, I just know that on PC you can watch a 2-minute replay right away from the pause game menu. I posted this before (in one of the 2 threads for this event) and I think somebody there said it wasn't possible on console? I'll edit my post to make it clearer that I am referring to PC only :).

justme
26-04-2016, 08:27
I don't know how it works on the consoles, I just know that on PC you can watch a 2-minute replay right away from the pause game menu. I posted this before (in one of the 2 threads for this event) and I think somebody there said it wasn't possible on console? I'll edit my post to make it clearer that I am referring to PC only :).

It is possible to watch replay on consoles also. Just don't leave from the session if you notice that you have crossed the white lines. You have to kill game, shutdown console, take internet off or something but don't leave session from menu or otherwise it will upload your time and ghost.

bmanic
26-04-2016, 16:39
Please double check that the FFB settings are still user changeable. It's such an easy bug to happen.

... and fail.

bonesai
05-06-2016, 12:53
Pls i need help. Ive driven an 1.14.9 time today, it wasnt legal cause i leaved the track. My fastest legal time was 1.15.122. I restartet the session and leaved after.
But now my fail round + ghost is in the leaderboard.. Thats not funny ... :/

cluck
05-06-2016, 13:06
Pls i need help. Ive driven an 1.14.9 time today, it wasnt legal cause i leaved the track. My fastest legal time was 1.15.122. I restartet the session and leaved after.
But now my fail round + ghost is in the leaderboard.. Thats not funny ... :/The rules are VERY clear and are laid out at the start of each round. If you drive a lap that goes out of bounds then it will be disqualified. If you are unsure, during the lap, then pause it BEFORE you cross the line and watch a replay. As harsh as this might sound, you really do only have yourself to blame.

That said, the competition ends tomorrow night, so you have plenty of time to go faster.

mulkkensson
10-06-2016, 16:03
Does Nvidia challenger rounds have a longer replay buffer then the regular time trial that has only 2 minutes?

Or an option to save session replay?

cluck
10-06-2016, 16:49
Does Nvidia challenger rounds have a longer replay buffer then the regular time trial that has only 2 minutes?

Or an option to save session replay?The replay is only 2 minutes but you can't save it unless you have recording software running (or do the replay and capture it 'off screen' with a camera). The 2 minutes is enough to cover all the events except the final at Bathurst - even then, the fastest guys are going to miss 2 or 3 seconds at most - but that's enough to follow from the first corner to the end :).

mulkkensson
10-06-2016, 16:56
Allright

And then comes Laguna Seca kind stuff again :D if it is possible to go wide last corner on previous lap

cluck
10-06-2016, 16:59
Allright

And then comes Laguna Seca kind stuff again :D if it is possible to go wide last corner on previous lapHave you tried going off track in the Ford Falcon? ;)

In seriousness, I haven't tried "abusing" the system so I don't know. But if you look at the last corner, there's little room off the track before you're in the wall anyway. If there is any hint of suspicion then the front runners will need to be recording their laps - including the build up - just to be safe.

mulkkensson
10-06-2016, 17:37
No i haven't tried going out with Falcon

Yep there may not be room for that :D

notsofast
12-10-2016, 14:30
WOW!!! Why is every thread closed if someone has something to say? Also comments in projectcarsesports.com are always closed. For me it seems that organizers know that they have failed and now they are trying to hide it.....

cluck
12-10-2016, 14:42
WOW!!! Why is every thread closed if someone has something to say? Also comments in projectcarsesports.com are always closed. For me it seems that organizers know that they have failed and now they are trying to hide it.....No, not at all. The threads are closed when they start on the path of name calling and finger pointing. If you look at earlier event threads, you will see why the later ones are getting locked down very quickly.

cluck
12-12-2016, 10:14
Forgot to post this on Friday, but I got a little (well, not so little really :o) pressie in the post on Friday.

Thanks again to everybody at Slightly Mad Studios but, especially, the esports guys. It was a tough competition, with a few ups and downs along the way, but I'm chuffed to pieces with the award and the trophy, it made the hard work and hours of aborted laps worth the effort :yes:.

Konan
12-12-2016, 11:22
Congrats mate...:cool:

Stewy32
13-12-2016, 20:52
Congratulations Cluck.Now, who's ready for 2017.