PDA

View Full Version : suddenly pulling to the right

The Pope Of Grope
09-03-2016, 23:26
on spa with the ruf gtr the porche .. when exiting the pits the controls are fine. . (logitec driving force gt and pedals) .. down over the start finish line . .all is fine. . through eou rouge and up the hill to radillion.. i pass under the banner at the start of that straight and the steering pulls to the right hand side. . i can hold it straight whilst fighting the pull but its pointless trying to race like that, here is the strange bit. . if i carry driving with it pulling right i can get to the end of the straight and through les combs and round bruxelles . . and then it stops pulling and everything is back to normal. .

iv raced the same car with the same set up on most other tracks and its never happened. . not once.

its not the car just drifting due to poor set up this is the motor in the wheel wanting to spin the wheel all the way to the right and if i let the wheel go it dose exactly that. . turns all the way to the right until it cant go any farther

iv try'd re calibration and changing usb ports, uninstalling and re installing the logitec profiler, changing center spring settings. . changing in game control values (the pre sets 1,2 and 3) but nothing seems to work, the worst part is . . its intermittent !

Ptyochromis
10-03-2016, 00:18
Have you watched your telemetry when it happens?

Cheesenium
10-03-2016, 00:24
Are your tires both equally heated on both sides? Cars might pull over to one side when one side of the tire temperature is significantly higher than the other.

Bealdor
10-03-2016, 05:55
Do you have steering assist enabled? If yes, disable it.

Sankyo
10-03-2016, 05:58
on spa with the ruf gtr the porche .. when exiting the pits the controls are fine. . (logitec driving force gt and pedals) .. down over the start finish line . .all is fine. . through eou rouge and up the hill to radillion.. i pass under the banner at the start of that straight and the steering pulls to the right hand side. . i can hold it straight whilst fighting the pull but its pointless trying to race like that, here is the strange bit. . if i carry driving with it pulling right i can get to the end of the straight and through les combs and round bruxelles . . and then it stops pulling and everything is back to normal. .

iv raced the same car with the same set up on most other tracks and its never happened. . not once.

its not the car just drifting due to poor set up this is the motor in the wheel wanting to spin the wheel all the way to the right and if i let the wheel go it dose exactly that. . turns all the way to the right until it cant go any farther

iv try'd re calibration and changing usb ports, uninstalling and re installing the logitec profiler, changing center spring settings. . changing in game control values (the pre sets 1,2 and 3) but nothing seems to work, the worst part is . . its intermittent !

When you're reporting a bug like this, please tell us what hardware you use so that people with similar hardware can help with checking settings etc.

havocc
10-03-2016, 07:20
I think it has something to do with steering assist trying to go into pits

Yorkie065
10-03-2016, 09:10
How long have you had the DFGT for? And was it brand new when you brought it?

BigDad
10-03-2016, 12:38
When you're reporting a bug like this, please tell us what hardware you use so that people with similar hardware can help with checking settings etc.
It's stated in the first line , DFGT ?
I don't know, maybe i missed something .

Sankyo
10-03-2016, 12:48
It's stated in the first line , DFGT ?
I don't know, maybe i missed something .
Oops, missed that (I blame the unusual punctuation :o), although system information would also be useful (CPU/GPU, Windows version, other controllers etc.).

binarywarrior
10-03-2016, 14:18
FFB settings, now I cant remember exact name and to lazy to go look...

Its the section with body stiffness or something like that, top section second page of settings in car setup. Turn them all off in top section all bugged to hell! Every other section of settings is good just this one gives car mind of its own.

Sankyo
10-03-2016, 14:47
FFB settings, now I cant remember exact name and to lazy to go look...

Its the section with body stiffness or something like that, top section second page of settings in car setup. Turn them all off in top section all bugged to hell! Every other section of settings is good just this one gives car mind of its own.
You can mess up FFB easily if you change FFB parameters the wrong way. It doesn't change anything to the cars' physics, but it can exaggerate small forces giving the impression that the car is doing weird things.

binarywarrior
11-03-2016, 00:34
Well as far as I can tell "Body Scale" is not working right for me but will do some more testing. Also saw a reddit thread somewhere regarding many people having issues with it after a certain patch.

My experience with this setting:

Works fine 50% of time.

Then on leaving pits it pulls so hard left or right I struggle to hold wheel.

Once say through sector 1 it may return to normal.

It may also occur more randomly also.

Certainly seems to be OP's issue anyway so thought I would post, saving him thinking is his wheel or PC

Sankyo
11-03-2016, 07:10
Well as far as I can tell "Body Scale" is not working right for me but will do some more testing. Also saw a reddit thread somewhere regarding many people having issues with it after a certain patch.

My experience with this setting:

Works fine 50% of time.

Then on leaving pits it pulls so hard left or right I struggle to hold wheel.

Once say through sector 1 it may return to normal.

It may also occur more randomly also.

Certainly seems to be OP's issue anyway so thought I would post, saving him thinking is his wheel or PC
The 'wheel pulling to the left when exiting pits' is something that has been reported before. You're saying it's still hapenning? Will check with the devs whether it's supposed to be solved or not.

The Pope Of Grope
13-03-2016, 21:44
windows 7
32 gig corsair vengance ram
amd 9590fx 8 core 4.7ghz
sabertooth 990 fx mobo r2
gtx titan black SLI (2)
ax1500i psu
ssd for windows
10.000 rpm hd for games and stuff
water block on the cpu
weird stain on the case
hotas warthog flight controls

looks like after resetting the controls and changing usb port over (both were 2.0) on the steering wheel it seems to have sorted the problem. . odd that it would only do it on an online game and not single player? on further playing with settings i found the feedback strengths were probably to blame .. . i think ill invest in a new wheel ( opinions are welcome on what to get ).

on a totally different note , what the hell is (pure virtual call trapped) this error is getting more and more common and just resetting to desktop. .

Sankyo
14-03-2016, 06:59
on a totally different note , what the hell is (pure virtual call trapped) this error is getting more and more common and just resetting to desktop. .
It's an error in the game, as you might have guessed :)

You'll need to give more details when/how it happens, and zip and attach the contents of the folder belonging to thre crash in My Documents/Project CARS/dbgSession.