PDA

View Full Version : Controller being smooth

Watkinsglen151515
10-03-2016, 01:47
Anyone know how I can adjust the settings where I don't have to tap the controller over and over again to keep the car smooth on a easy corner? For example the long left handed sweeper at hockenheim I have to tap the controller instead of holding it smooth.

kevin kirk
10-03-2016, 02:04
...Start with controller preset 3 advanced options off o dead zone 0 steering sensitivity and 75 speed sensitivity. It going to push like hell but its a good start to learn the game. As you get better keep lowering your speed sensitivity down. Trust me by the time you get use to the game you will be using something different from these settings but its a good starting point when your learn. Don't use one controller setting to long. There are a thousand combination you can use once you slowly learn what each setting does. Using a high speed sensitivity lower it down as you get use to it.

Insatiant
10-03-2016, 02:48
As mentioned above, "controller preset 3 advanced options off" and then you might try the following settings. I'd be interested to hear what you think. I've found a too aggressive Brake Sensitivity kills steering.

Rambo_Commando
10-03-2016, 03:27
When I first started playing I set it to preset 3 (default) without adjusting any other setting, but I never had to tap the stick. I think you are going to have to change your driving style to achieve that smoothness you're after.

Watkinsglen151515
10-03-2016, 04:09
When I first started playing I set it to preset 3 (default) without adjusting any other setting, but I never had to tap the stick. I think you are going to have to change your driving style to achieve that smoothness you're after.

Thanks guys, I've won about half of my 250 online races so I'm pretty quick I just can't seem the keep the analog smooth for the easy corners that require very light input. It turns really sharp, I will try those settings though. Hopefully that works. Thanks guys!

kevin kirk
10-03-2016, 04:55
The diff setting in the car set up is good to fine tune the corner.

alienox
10-03-2016, 06:02
Sticking one of these (http://www.kontrolfreek.com/thumbsticks/fps-freek-cqc.html) badboys help too

danowat
10-03-2016, 08:40
You're tapping it because you're using too much stick travel to try and turn.

Increase steering ratio in the car setup and try to learn to only push the stick as far as you need to get the car to turn, for the corner is question, it's not a lot, maybe a few millimetres