PDA

View Full Version : Can you use the TH8A or TH8RS shifter with a G29 Wheel on PS4?

Raging Bull
10-03-2016, 02:50
Hi,

I know this must have been asks a thousand times, but I can't find an answer anywhere.

Can you use the TH8A or TH8RS shifter with a Logitech G29 Wheel on PS4? If it can't be plugged into the wheel itself (Which I don't think it can), can it be used by plugging it into a PS4 USB port?

If yes, which one? TH8A or the TH8RS?

Last question...

If it works through the PS4 ports, and my two are already used (One for the G29 wheel the other for a button box) will it work if I use a USB adapter that gives more ports for the PS4?

Thanks in advance for any help!! I have been going nuts trying to find out these answerers. :o)

Panopticism
10-03-2016, 03:30
I do not know if the Thrustmaster shifters will work with the Logitech wheel, but I do know that you can use a USB hub to expand the number of USB ports. I use a 4-port USB hub in one of the PS4's ports without issue.

gotdirt410sprintcar
10-03-2016, 04:16
I do not know if the Thrustmaster shifters will work with the Logitech wheel, but I do know that you can use a USB hub to expand the number of USB ports. I use a 4-port USB hub in one of the PS4's ports without issue.

on pc it should you might have to update it

cmch15
10-03-2016, 04:34
Certainly the TH8A doesn't. Although it can be plugged in via USB it only works with a TM wheel on PS4. I assume due to drivers.

I made this mistake without researching properly, fortunately I had a mate who wanted one anyway so he bought it from me.

Raging Bull
10-03-2016, 14:46
Thanks everyone for the info!

So the TH8A doesn't work. Anyone know if the TH8RS does?

Not looking good.

Thanks again all. :o)

wyldanimal
10-03-2016, 17:33
*** PS4 ***

TH8A works as USB shifter on PS4 - Only with Thrustmaster Wheel ( game Loads proper drivers )
Note: Wheel must be Connected First, then the Shifter.

I've requested that pCars allow TH8A to be used in combination with Logitech G29. No Reply...

TH8RS must be connected to the Wheel base.

*** On PC. ***
you can get a Leo Bodnar adapter, then the Shifter is seen as Standalone to work with any wheel.

Raging Bull
10-03-2016, 18:26
Thank you wyldanimal. Not the news I wanted to really hear, but the news I needed.

Thanks!!