PDA

View Full Version : Kart Racing

Pisshead30
10-03-2016, 19:38
For some strange reason I decided to start a new career mode.
Im however pleasantly surprised to find the karts a little easier to deal with since I my original effort. Did I miss the info on a handling update for the karts?

Rambo_Commando
10-03-2016, 20:26
You just got better at the game or you know what to expect from the karts handling. I noticed this to when I started back playing the game after a break to to play F1 2015.

Shinzah
10-03-2016, 20:27
Just wait until you get to Glencairn

My arch nemesis :|

havocc
10-03-2016, 21:19
Just wait until you get to Glencairn

My arch nemesis :|

During career i discovered how much i hate fRookie especially at oulton park

Pisshead30
10-03-2016, 21:57
You just got better at the game or you know what to expect from the karts handling. I noticed this to when I started back playing the game after a break to to play F1 2015.

Maybe that's it but it just seem to a little easier considering I had everything turned off apart the assist for anti lock breaking

Pisshead30
10-03-2016, 22:00

The game would probably be a little easier if I understood set ups and had time to do it, my next event is the 3hr McLaren F1 invitation race, its a beast to drive with a pad in cockpit mode lol

Rambo_Commando
10-03-2016, 22:52
The game would probably be a little easier if I understood set ups and had time to do it, my next event is the 3hr McLaren F1 invitation race, its a beast to drive with a pad in cockpit mode lol

Trust me, tuning cars in this game is like a wet dream. At first it might seem daunting but there's a ton of info on this forum to get you started and if you ever get stuck there are lots of users here that offer great advice. Give it a try, you'll get addicted. Pick a car and track you know well and adjust one element at a time. Head out on track and you will immediately notice the difference. I love the McLaren F1 but it can be unforgiving without tuning. With the right setup however, it will be the best three hours of your life. Check the setup database for some McLaren setups.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
10-03-2016, 22:58
Check the setup database for some McLaren setups.Note: My OEM setup for it is NOT intended for racing. It is a 100% pure street setup for a 100% pure street car, which is what the McF1 was. =)

havocc
11-03-2016, 00:35
Note: My OEM setup for it is NOT intended for racing. It is a 100% pure street setup for a 100% pure street car, which is what the McF1 was. =)

Definitely not the car to hang around with your gf, more a car for lonely ppl
http://tweens.screenweek.it/files/2013/11/forever_alone.png

hkraft300
11-03-2016, 01:07
During career i discovered how much i hate fRookie especially at oulton park

GTFO
That's an awesome combination.
When you hit the rumble strips just right the car sort of rotates and dances through the chicanes...

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
11-03-2016, 01:10
Definitely not the car to hang around with your gf, more a car for lonely pplProbably not the car to hang around with your (singular) gf, but you can always pick up two girls in it since it's a fairly roomy 3-seater. =)

EDIT: Or of course you could do a Jay Leno and pick up two burly guys, we're not sexist here. =)

Shinzah
11-03-2016, 01:12
Probably not the car to hang around with your (singular) gf, but you can always pick up two girls in it since it's a fairly roomy 3-seater. =)

Just keep them away from your wife and girlfriend.

Pisshead30
11-03-2016, 02:43
Trust me, tuning cars in this game is like a wet dream. At first it might seem daunting but there's a ton of info on this forum to get you started and if you ever get stuck there are lots of users here that offer great advice. Give it a try, you'll get addicted. Pick a car and track you know well and adjust one element at a time. Head out on track and you will immediately notice the difference. I love the McLaren F1 but it can be unforgiving without tuning. With the right setup however, it will be the best three hours of your life. Check the setup database for some McLaren setups.

Where can I find the set up database?

Rambo_Commando
11-03-2016, 03:37
http://projectcarssetups.eu/#/bycar

Happy tuning. More info can be found stickied in the garage talk section.

Pisshead30
11-03-2016, 05:37

Oh this looks useful especially for the damn lotus turbo its an animal lol

hkraft300
11-03-2016, 07:09
Oh this looks useful especially for the damn lotus turbo its an animal lol

Old girl certainly likes to boogy.
She's not so bad. Just be mindful of your hands and feet.

Pisshead30
09-05-2016, 20:31

Finally the time to try a new set up. Used Spinys zolder set up in a few races big improvement looking forward to the 3hrs race now