PDA

View Full Version : Mechanical Failures ON/OFF

Rambo_Commando
10-03-2016, 20:35
What exactly does this do or simulate? So far in my FR career I haven't had any failures or seen any from the AI.

Konan
10-03-2016, 21:19
Normally it's so that when for example you got airo damage and you keep on driving for too long,the engine overheats and blows...at least that's what i had a couple of times.
I don't however know what else can give you mechanical failures...
The AI basically should have failures too...according to them sometimes sitting in the pitgarage.
I know from experience that they go in for repairs too... In open wheels i've seen them going in after contact...

bporion
10-03-2016, 21:19
If its ON your car will have mechanical failures . OFF is like ' God Mod '

hkraft300
11-03-2016, 01:41
Running high boost will damage and blow your engine. Running 0% radiator and brakes will cook the engine and brakes.
Not sure of what else, if damage is off then you won't have aero or suspension degradation.

LM24z
11-03-2016, 02:53
I've had AI retire when I've had mechanical damage off and just performance impacting turned on. Can anybody confirm whether any of the damage options have any bearing on the retirement rate of AI?

LM24z
12-03-2016, 15:55
Looks like I answered my own question. I had damage set to "visual only" while I did the 12hr GT race at the Nurburgring. Surprisingly several AI retired during the race!

Otherworld
12-03-2016, 16:14
I've had some random "Engine Battery failure" at the end of pitstops in the R18 TDI
I think you can also damage the gearbox, I don't know what's the mechanism behind it though