PDA

View Full Version : Issue with Braking Fanatec Setup

dannydizzal
14-03-2016, 10:37
Having a real issue with breaking, i have done the configuration calibration many times.

yesterday i have turned the Breaking Sensitivity up to 100 and Throttle to 100, i see most people have it set to 50 for both, it seems to have improved things but still unable to break at the same point as others when i looked at youtube videos.

Anything else i can try?

Sankyo
14-03-2016, 11:11
I'm pretty sure it's not about set-up or sensitivities, but braking technique. One thing that might help, though, is to set the brake pressure of the car you're driving such that you get maximum braking without the wheels locking up when you apply full brake pressure. Apart from that, it's learning how to brake on the limit.

BigDad
14-03-2016, 11:13
What pedals ?
Bring up Telemetry while driving and apply the brakes to full and check if full brakes are getting applied . Up the top of the telemetry screen you have acceleration , brakes and clutch indicators .
If you have a load cell brake pedal it may need to be adjusted .

Sum Dixon-Ear
14-03-2016, 11:13
What pedals are you using?

dannydizzal
15-03-2016, 09:06
club sport v1

Sum Dixon-Ear
15-03-2016, 09:24
If your pedals are working correctly you should be able to brake as late and hard as anyone else.

Set the sensitivity back to 50, turn the brake resistance dial on the load cell to minimum (fully clockwise) then calibrate the pedal, in the game's controller options, with just enough force for you to be happy with to achieve 100% brake force/amount.

Then bring up the telemetry and check to see how much actual brake percentage you are getting in game, if it's too easy to get 100% then hold the brake and use the dial to add more resistance or recalibrate with more physical force in controller options. If you are happy, then you can tweak each individual car in the garage by adding more/less brake pressure and adjusting bias to suit.

If your braking is still not performing properly I would hook the pedals up to a PC with the Fanatec drivers installed and check the pedal functions via the test interface, check for a smooth, progressive signal with no spiking and consistant results. If there is an issue then you may need a new load cell and/or circuit board/s.