PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Ford Fusion, ect

Rhody
14-03-2016, 17:56
Hello PJC fans!

I was just wondering why we have the Nascar 90 series cars and Nascar Ford Fusion cars, but we still don't have one official Nascar Oval??:confused:
I understand there is a very tiny USA audience, but I can't be the only one curious why we don't have Nascar Ovals?:confused:
So is there any talk about ovals at all or is this just simply a European game?

Just trying to see if there is any interest at all.

Thanks,

Rhody

Shinzah
14-03-2016, 17:58
I give up.

There's no ovals because tiny pixies raided SMS's offices and stole them all.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
14-03-2016, 18:00
There is a lot of interest, and SMS worked really hard trying to get them in, but there were problems. They couldn't get the AI to behave well on ovals without a massive rewrite which is always a bad idea to do after the game has been released, and when they tried to get some ovals released without AI support (so solo practice and online use) the license holders didn't agree.

DreamsKnight
14-03-2016, 18:07
post a YEAH who want an official sticky post about ovals.

and, why not, writtend with Ian Bell's blood.

Shinzah
14-03-2016, 18:08
YEAH

Rhody
14-03-2016, 18:09
Are you just a kid making a joke?
Sounds like utter jibberish??

I am trying to be serious.

Sorry maybe I don't know the Politics behind PJC??
Thanks
Rhody

Rhody
14-03-2016, 18:11
YEAH

Shinzah
14-03-2016, 18:14
Are you just a kid making a joke?
Sounds like utter jibberish??

I am trying to be serious.

Sorry maybe I don't know the Politics behind PJC??
Thanks
Rhody

No I'm a bitter old Shin who's said what Jussi just did far too many times that it's become both maddening and more than slightly annoying...

Rhody
14-03-2016, 18:15
Well I am not a programmer, but how hard can it be to make an AI car go left???

Sounds fishy to me...

Rhody

Shinzah
14-03-2016, 18:17
How hard is it to go left and be competitive for you?

About that hard.

E_Luckow
14-03-2016, 18:17
Here we go...

Tomcul
14-03-2016, 18:19
Ai cars barely get any slipstream compared with human, ovals were never going to work was obvious from the beginning.

14-03-2016, 18:19
Well I am not a programmer, but how hard can it be to make an AI car go left???

Sounds fishy to me...

RhodyIt's not about making it just go left, it's about making many things that aren't that important for circuit racing work well. Things like side-by-side drafting, drafting multiple cars, going 4 cars wide through a corner at 200 mph without collisions, avoidance, traffic management, etc. Ovals often put two or three times as many cars as circuits on the same track, and they're often less than half of the length of a traditional circuit. The demands of managing traffic on the track, when to give room and when not to, making contact work out are very different from what you see in most circuit racing.

Rhody
14-03-2016, 18:20
Ok thanks

I didn't realize there was lots of Politics involved...

That's a shame...
Could of been a great Nascar Sim..

Rhody

Rhody
14-03-2016, 18:22
Here we go what???

I asked a Simple Question....

Sheesh sorry!

E_Luckow
14-03-2016, 18:24
You asked a question that was answered a thousand times.

There is a search tool... its nice.

AbeWoz
14-03-2016, 18:25
you asked a question that has been discussed at great length over the past weeks/months/years. There needs to be a sticky thread as mentioned previously.

the search function does great things

edit: ninja'd

Rhody
14-03-2016, 18:27
Ok gotcha thanks for the reply..

Sounds like I need to find a Nascar Racing Sim.
Not a Euro Sim...
Case closed lol!

Rhody

E_Luckow
14-03-2016, 18:27
Good luck

AbeWoz
14-03-2016, 18:29

Not a Euro Sim...
Case closed lol!

Rhody

or just expand your racing interests to something that requires turning the car both directions?

Rhody
14-03-2016, 18:30
Dont worry i will delete my forum account.

Thanks for being such an asshole to a new forum member.
Made me really feel welcome!
Thanks again!
Also new to Forums!

Rhody
14-03-2016, 18:35
Kangaroo Court Forum...

Nice.

Shinzah
14-03-2016, 18:40
With all the Sodium about Ovals lately, I think SMS should include the Bonneville Circle in the next game as a subtle gesture.

maurice-pascale
14-03-2016, 18:47
It's not about making it just go left, it's about making many things that aren't that important for circuit racing work well. Things like side-by-side drafting, drafting multiple cars, going 4 cars wide through a corner at 200 mph without collisions, avoidance, traffic management, etc. Ovals often put two or three times as many cars as circuits on the same track, and they're often less than half of the length of a traditional circuit. The demands of managing traffic on the track, when to give room and when not to, making contact work out are very different from what you see in most circuit racing.

Sorry...but there i really must be rude........but isnt it so, that someone who have a JOB like that must handle with things like that?...they are game producers and work in that job because they have learned this job etc.
But always it sounds like "oh its tooo hard to do"....but to be clear when i couldnt do things for my JOB, i would get fired very fast.......for me things like that are bad exfuses.......they get very good payed and then at some points they give up, just because, SORRY, " THEIR skills are to bad" ??......sounds not very correct and right......its not only the oval thing, also things like replays and Pit crew......they hidde it and say maybe in Pcars 2....but thats just an bad excuse.........

Whats wrong with all those game developers these days?? Maybe i change the job too.....just a bit trying and thats it, when something dont work....dont matter, we talk it dead!

E_Luckow
14-03-2016, 18:49
Epic face palm...

Shinzah
14-03-2016, 18:49
Sorry...but there i really must be rude........but isnt it so, that someone who have a JOB like that must handle with things like that?...they are game producers and work in that job because they have learned this job etc.
But always it sounds like "oh its tooo hard to do"....but to be clear when i couldnt do things for my JOB, i would get fired very fast.......for me things like that are bad exfuses.......they get very good payed and then at some points they give up, just because, SORRY, " THEIR skills are to bad" ??......sounds not very correct and right......its not only the oval thing, also things like replays and Pit crew......they hidde it and say maybe in Pcars 2....but thats just an bad excuse.........

Whats wrong with all those game developers these days?? Maybe i change the job too.....just a bit trying and thats it, when something dont work....dont matter, we talk it dead!

14-03-2016, 20:21

Whats wrong with all those game developers these days?? Maybe i change the job too.....just a bit trying and thats it, when something dont work....dont matter, we talk it dead!Yeah, making all encompassing games with limited amount of time and money is difficult. What's your point?

kevin kirk
14-03-2016, 20:29
At this point the info on what happened to ovals is everywhere on this forum. If I was new looking for a answer,it would take 2 minutes to find a answer. These threads are being posted with them already knowing the answer.

DreamsKnight
14-03-2016, 20:53
Here we go what???

I asked a Simple Question....

Sheesh sorry!

no problems with you. really. sorry. :)

i have problem with the question itself that each day became a flame.

one1two
14-03-2016, 22:31
My mother use to tell me if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all....

Chap904
14-03-2016, 23:47
TC here is an example of how the AI doesn't work well on ovals. (20 sec mark)

https://youtu.be/JzF-kpVf7B8

Silraed
15-03-2016, 02:51
My mother use to tell me if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all....

But this is the internet, the wonderful land where people have the misconception that common courtesy and manners are not required because they are not face to face with the people they are interacting with.

Shinzah
15-03-2016, 03:03
But this is the internet, the wonderful land where people have the misconception that common courtesy and manners are not required because they are not face to face with the people they are interacting with.

Welcome to the land of mil-

Salt and Bullpewp :|

seb02
15-03-2016, 06:21
Dont worry i will delete my forum account.

Thanks for being such an asshole to a new forum member.
Made me really feel welcome!
Thanks again!
Also new to Forums!

Honestly, he is just right: you were not welcoming or even arrogant in your responses. Okay, there is a search function but still a little civility please

theothermexico
15-03-2016, 06:38
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43313-Questions-and-answers-in-here&p=1198642&viewfull=1#post1198642

Hi all, let's try a nice new thread.

On ovals, no definitive decision has been made but we really do want to get them out there. What we don't want to do is ship a sub-standard aspect with it and that would be AI tech very much designed for standard circuits, not ovals. We are still looking at options though

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43205-Another-thread-opened-Ian-is-listening&p=1196723&viewfull=1#post1196723

Yes.

It's still somewhat up in the air and I'll tell you why. We are struggling with the current engine to get the AI behaving like they should across multiple track variations, lengths and normal strategies.

Again, it's a engine issue that we weren't fully prescient on. The most likely scenario is that we'll rewrite that area of the engine and push them out in pCARS2.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?24686-Where-s-all-the-Oval-Tracks&p=1238601&viewfull=1#post1238601

It's not looking very likely. We're running into licensing issues with providing a non AI version of the ovals. I can understand that the owners of the license don't want a lesser version of their track in pCARS.

For those of you that don't know how to use a search function on the internet

Watkinsglen151515
15-03-2016, 12:39
Oval racing involves so much more than turning left. There`s multiple grooves, close racing, and it requires realistic AI behavior. Its completely different than RC racing so it makes sense that they could not make it happen. Gran Turismo is a perfect example (Project Cars blows Gran Turismo away). The oval racing is terrible in Gran Turismo because they didn`t work on anything oval related. Developers of Project Cars want the most realistic racing experience possible so if they cant achieve that then they wont do it.

Cheesenium
15-03-2016, 13:03
The oval racing is terrible in Gran Turismo because they didn`t work on anything oval related.

It isnt just Grand Turismo, even Grid Autosport had awful oval AI cause they took road course AI to race on ovals, it feels really weird. I even downloaded an oval for AC, I never race ovals in AC again.

Heard Forza also have the same issue.

Azure Flare
15-03-2016, 14:49
Why does it ALWAYS ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE Project CARS to have ovals? There are licensed NASCAR games y'know...

stangnutlx
15-03-2016, 14:53
Why does it ALWAYS ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO BE Project CARS to have ovals? There are licensed NASCAR games y'know...

this is true but non of them are worth owning aside from NR2003 and even that game is showing its age

seb02
15-03-2016, 18:43

Yes and why does project cars have cars ? There are many games with cars...

Azure Flare
15-03-2016, 18:46

The point.

Your head.

Shinzah
15-03-2016, 18:47
this is true but non of them are worth owning aside from NR2003 and even that game is showing its age

Arca. It's free. And it's not bad.

BullWinkle
15-03-2016, 19:17

Well, we tried it with giraffes first, didn't work out to well..tripping all over the place.:)

stangnutlx
15-03-2016, 19:26
Arca. It's free. And it's not bad.

Thanks Shinzah, Ima check it out.

stangnutlx
15-03-2016, 19:52
Shinzah,

Do you have a link I'm not finding the full version to download on the Sim Factory site?

Shinzah
15-03-2016, 19:57
Shinzah,

Do you have a link I'm not finding the full version to download on the Sim Factory site?

It's not Sim Factory ARCA 2008 anymore.

It's Sim Factory ARCA Sim Racing X.

Instructions: http://arcasimracingx.com/docs/install.php

16-03-2016, 01:28
Did they manage to get a decent AI in there? I remember the rFactor AI being awful on ovals, they were just gently cruising along, trying to stay out of trouble, never bothering anyone.

Shinzah
16-03-2016, 02:07
The only truly "okay" rfactor oval AI I encountered was using the VHR mod in the wayback. But even then, well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4CZLE8A7Dc

DECATUR PLAYA
16-03-2016, 02:22
Nobody ever asks about the ovals that we already have in the game that just need a start/finish line and some pit boxes. Coyote Noose and the test track oval. The Noose just needs pit boxes.

After driving the Ford Fusion Stock car at the test track oval at 224 mph I think racing there could be loads of fun and it's already there in the game. I know about not being able to drive up at the top of the banking but you can go 4 & 5 wide at the bottom.

Coyote Noose is a really fun track but nobody races there simply because you can't pit or qualify there. I wanted ovals as bad as anyone but why beat the dead horse over questions we already have answers for.

It's time to ask new questions.

Shinzah
16-03-2016, 03:42
There really isn't enough people Ebegging for the Test Track oval and Noose to have pit boxes. It's not really worth the time to add all that asset work and programming for a tiny minority of people.

If you can really get a large mass together, then you might have a much better shot.

DECATUR PLAYA
16-03-2016, 04:47
There really isn't enough people Ebegging for the Test Track oval and Noose to have pit boxes. It's not really worth the time to add all that asset work and programming for a tiny minority of people.

If you can really get a large mass together, then you might have a much better shot.

You're right Shinzah.

Just taking a shot in the dark.

Beans
16-03-2016, 04:58
I would pay for a DLC of a fictional oval track. Having said that though, I'm not a huge fan of ovals. I'm just throwing that out there in support of the financial and otherwise remote chance of it happening, but yes, I really would pay for it... within reason of coarse. Anyway, I feel bad for SMS, it's obvious to me they wanted it to happen. I just look forward for further development in the future if it's Pcars2 or whatever else. :)

Hiply
24-03-2016, 01:15

Not a Euro Sim...
Case closed lol!

Rhody

iRacing?

Sasquatch
24-03-2016, 01:19
but we still don't have one official Nascar Oval??:confused:

http://www.racingsportscars.com/covers/_Watkins_Glen-2012-08-12t.jpg

It counts.

There's even a McDonald's in the middle of the track.

God damned 'Merica. MUEHHHHHHHH-HELL-YUAH.