PDA

View Full Version : Game of the Year Edition and pitstops

ProjectCARSFiend
15-03-2016, 05:24
So when the Game of the Year Edition comes out, is it likely to fix any of the pit stop issues that are in the current game? It's just this is the only reason why I'm not playing the game anymore, there's just no excitement and tension and it just breaks immersion when there are no proper pit stops.

Neil Bateman
15-03-2016, 06:12
if your talking about animated pit crews then no.

FS7
15-03-2016, 14:06
GOTY edition = base game + all patches + all DLC

Anything that's not part of the base game, patches, or DLC isn't included in the GOTY edition.

ProjectCARSFiend
16-03-2016, 03:08
if your talking about animated pit crews then no.

Basically I'm just just talking about all the glitchy pit stop bugs and stuff. For example like with the karts how when you pull in to the pit lane, your kart pulls in and stops like 1 kart width to the left or right (I think it's mostly on the left, but whatever) of your pit guy, then just gets warped to either side so you're then in front of him. Are any of these going to be looked at?

P.S. If not, could I just get this cleared up, I read somewhere that with Project Cars 2, with the engine/system or whatever going to use, you're going to be able to do fully functioning animated pit stops with all the different classes of cars, seeing as you couldn't do it with PC1?

Shinzah
16-03-2016, 03:47
Basically I'm just just talking about all the glitchy pit stop bugs and stuff. For example like with the karts how when you pull in to the pit lane, your kart pulls in and stops like 1 kart width to the left or right (I think it's mostly on the left, but whatever) of your pit guy, then just gets warped to either side so you're then in front of him. Are any of these going to be looked at?

So nothing really gamebreaking then? Nothing as bad as the won't change tires bug, or the slams into the fence bug, or the other ones that seem to be fixed by now? The kart, pretty much the one vehicle in the game not designed for especially long races warps in the pitbox? :|

P.S. If not, could I just get this cleared up, I read somewhere that with Project Cars 2, with the engine/system or whatever going to use, you're going to be able to do fully functioning animated pit stops with all the different classes of cars, seeing as you couldn't do it with PC1?

Maybe. There's nothing official about this. If they can't get it working right for Pcars2 or they find it's a waste of time, then no.

ProjectCARSFiend
17-03-2016, 03:15
Alright, thanks for all that, glad I could get it cleared up. And yeah, it is kinda ironic what happens with the karts lol. What I've always wondered with the karts actually, is why they even have pit stops at all, cos like you said the races aren't even long and there's like a 99.999% chance you're going to run out of fuel, although I guess it depends on how long you make the races.
What I always thought you should of actually done is just have no pit stops at all for karts and just have pit lane just coned off or something, and if you drive into it, it would just say "you've driven into a restricted area" of the track or something. The reason I'm saying all this, is because I have thoroughly searched YouTube and have yet to find an actual kart race where they change the tires AND refuel the kart, like they supposedly do in the game, sometimes not even refuel. All I've seen them do, is check over the kart and occasionally tighten some bolts. Obviously, it's far too late to change any of this, just putting my thoughts out there, maybe an idea for PC2, if there still is karts.

resmania
17-03-2016, 09:17
pCARS isn't a pit crew simulator :highly_amused:

Just kidding ;)

ProjectCARSFiend
19-03-2016, 01:02
Lol, yeah I know, it's just it is a racing sim and there are pit stops in real life so, yeah...

Pr3t3nd3r
20-03-2016, 16:43
Will we even get pit stops (non animated)?

Konan
20-03-2016, 18:21
If you mean manual pitstops then i'm affraid not....

Just tap "manual pitstops" in the search box if you want an explanation why not...

Pr3t3nd3r
20-03-2016, 22:10
Sooooo many broken promises...such a bad thing for the PCARS 2!

morpwr
20-03-2016, 23:03

I don't look at it as a broken promise. Disappointing yes but being the undertaking making this game was I'm sure all the things they wanted to do would have been in it if it was really possible now. This game does so many thing well and don't get me wrong its had some issues and was a huge learning curve for most of us to get the most out of it. But I cant think of one other time besides when gt came out that a game has grabbed my attention like this one. So don't look at the things you didn't get but what you did and look forward to p cars 2.

Konan
21-03-2016, 05:36
I don't look at it as a broken promise. Disappointing yes but being the undertaking making this game was I'm sure all the things they wanted to do would have been in it if it was really possible now. This game does so many thing well and don't get me wrong its had some issues and was a huge learning curve for most of us to get the most out of it. But I cant think of one other time besides when gt came out that a game has grabbed my attention like this one. So don't look at the things you didn't get but what you did and look forward to p cars 2.

Exactly...the glass is half full....not half empty....

Sankyo
21-03-2016, 12:07

There were no 'soooooo many broken promises', really. There were many goals that turned out to be unrealistic given the budget and timing. But goals are something different than promises.

EDIT And sure, there were a few broken promises, like the animated pitstops. Nobody liked that, including SMS, and they were not broken because SMS hates everybody. It just didn't work out for very valid reasons. That's life.

Konan
21-03-2016, 13:31
There were no 'soooooo many broken promises', really. There were many goals that turned out to be unrealistic given the budget and timing. But goals are something different than promises.

Now you're exaggerating...he only used 5 o's in sooooo...lol

Pr3t3nd3r
21-03-2016, 14:50

EDIT And sure, there were a few broken promises, like the animated pitstops. Nobody liked that, including SMS, and they were not broken because SMS hates everybody. It just didn't work out for very valid reasons. That's life.

I guess pCARS 2 is still far away and you hope people will forget what you are/were doing with the pCARS? ;)

EDIT: Since we don't know what's going to be with the pCARS I will go to the point where you were so loud that you will support the game for at least 2 years...with the GOTY coming soon is this another broken promise? ;) I could go on and on and on and I could prove my "soooooooooo" ;)

Konan
21-03-2016, 15:07
I guess pCARS 2 is still far away and you hope people will forget what you are/were doing with the pCARS? ;)

EDIT: Since we don't know what's going to be with the pCARS I will go to the point where you were so loud that you will support the game for at least 2 years...with the GOTY coming soon is this another broken promise? ;) I could go on and on and on and I could prove my "soooooooooo" ;)

Now YOU are exaggerating with your ten o's.....or does every "o" stand for a disappointment you had?
By the way,support is ongoing while DLC has a (non confirmed) end date...

Pr3t3nd3r
21-03-2016, 15:28
Now YOU are exaggerating with your ten o's.....or does every "o" stand for a disappointment you had?
By the way,support is ongoing while DLC has a (non confirmed) end date...

Does it really care? :) I am not disappointed because I have been warned so many times by the people who actually were there with the ongoing development but I know what to expect with the pCARS 2. Bombing us again with so many features that won't be implemented at the later date ^^

Konan
21-03-2016, 15:33
Does it really care? :) I am not disappointed but I know what to expect with the pCARS 2 . Bombing us again with so many features that won't be implemented at the later date ^^

Have a little faith will you...Pcars2 will run on a better/improved engine so these things that were "promised" can be implemented.
No comparison to the release of the first game...SMS knows the limits now....remember they actually took a plunge in the deep with releasing PCars.
In my view they well managed to stay afloat....

Pr3t3nd3r
21-03-2016, 15:43
Have a little faith will you...Pcars2 will run on a better/improved engine so these things that were "promised" can be implemented.
No comparison to the release of the first game...SMS knows the limits now....remember they actually took a plunge in the deep with releasing PCars.
In my view they well managed to stay afloat....

I have the faith dw ;) I am not telling that they were not trying...only they know that...and I will be still here and observe the situation :P

I am just telling that one day they should explain to the public what happened with the missing features...some of us know what happened but others don't.

I wish them all the best with the pCARS 2 and AFAIK they are doing very well with the pCARS :)

Konan
21-03-2016, 15:51
I have the faith dw ;) I am not telling that they were not trying...only they know that...and I will be still here and observe the situation :P

I am just telling that one day they should explain to the public what happened with the missing features...some of us know what happened but others don't.

I wish them all the best with the pCARS 2 and AFAIK they are doing very well with the pCARS :)

But they DID explain what happened with the missing features....Ian Bell in person came on the forum to answer questions around Christmas....
He didn't have to do that....how many generals do you know that go stand in the firing-line and take all the flack?
And believe me,there was a lot of it....
Anyway,i don't know if you have read that/those threads,but everything was asked and answered about the "missing" features....

Pr3t3nd3r
21-03-2016, 16:09
But they DID explain what happened with the missing features....Ian Bell in person came on the forum to answer questions around Christmas....
He didn't have to do that....how many generals do you know that go stand in the firing-line and take all the flack?
And believe me,there was a lot of it....
Anyway,i don't know if you have read that/those threads,but everything was asked and answered about the "missing" features....

Well that's the problem...I didn't see those posts and I ask the moderator now why isn't this pinned?

Mahjik
21-03-2016, 16:34
Well that's the problem...I didn't see those posts and I ask the moderator now why isn't this pinned?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43313-Questions-and-answers-in-here

Pr3t3nd3r
21-03-2016, 16:44
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43313-Questions-and-answers-in-here

Thanks! Appreciated! ;)

Konan
21-03-2016, 16:56
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43313-Questions-and-answers-in-here&highlight=Question+answers

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43288-GROW-UP-PEOPLE&highlight=Question+answers

There you go....

Edit: shanghai'd