PDA

View Full Version : Affordable motion ?

RedKellyS8
15-03-2016, 07:45
Immersit is a new Kickstarter company hoping to bring motion to your favourite games and movies using your existing furniture on four pads and Project Cars is already listed as a supported title amongst others including Dirt Rally , Assetto Corsa and Seb "Rally Alien" Loeb RE . Primarily designed to be placed under your sofa or chair but I see no reason why you couldn't place it under your rig and is expected to reach consumers by December , just in time for the winter solstice and that capitalist festival of eating to much and spending more money than you can afford that we now call Christmas .

http://www.immersit.com/#intro-shift

Ryzza5
15-03-2016, 09:23
Now with 30% more bathroom breaks

Ekay.jay
15-03-2016, 14:11
Problem is I don't play pcars on my couch lol

RedKellyS8
15-03-2016, 14:54
Problem is I don't play pcars on my couch lol

May be not Ekay but there is no reason why the set up could not be used under any chair or rig , that is one of the main features in its design . I know it's early days in the company's design schedule but I for one am holding out hope that it will bring full motion sim racing to a level that people can afford without winning the lottery .

Fanapryde
15-03-2016, 15:41
Well, this looks nice.
If it turns out that it can be added to my actual rig, I'd be very interested.
In fact, there is not so much motion needed to get a lot more immersed.
Might be a winner if the price is OK.

RedKellyS8
15-03-2016, 16:48
Looking at the Kickstarter page it looks like they are working on 179 euro for the vibration only and 649 euro for the full motion set with what looks like 100-150mm movement per corner which isn't far away from the mega bucks Vesaro systems , they already have their chosen backing figure plus extra so we can only wish them well and hope it works out . As you say it takes very little movement to immerse you and having gone from a controller to T500rs wheel , pedals and Th8a shifter and realised how it changed sim racing I'm hoping this will be an affordable next step on the road to my own full motion rig .

Fanapryde
15-03-2016, 16:54
I hope they keep in mind that sim rig dimensions are far away from couch dimensions...
While my rig (from the seat position) is long and narrow, a couch is very wide and not so long (same point of view).
I would love the motion, but don't want to get tipped over... :D

RedKellyS8
15-03-2016, 17:12
Agreed , but since they are intending this to be used on any furniture I'm presuming they have taken into consideration different sizes , possibly altered to suit in a control panel or highly likely an app on your phone as seems to be the direction the world is heading . With VR coming to the masses I can only think this will be the next , next big thing for consumer tech and gaming and the reports I have read about the system are all very positive with development set ups receiving high praise at CES .

IJOJOI
15-03-2016, 18:19
Building a Motion rig is probably cheaper and much more immersive! ;)

Just take 2 12V motors and 2 arduinos and you are good to go :P

RedKellyS8
15-03-2016, 20:49
Building a Motion rig is probably cheaper and much more immersive! ;)

Just take 2 12V motors and 2 arduinos and you are good to go :P

I had thought about that but being an old git my understanding of arduinos is limited to knowing they are a small pcb type computer . I had thought that since the apps can display g forces could that be used to send a signal to motors or linear rams to facilitate motion via the UDP signal ? If any of this wonderfully knowledgeable community has more of an idea I'd love to discuss a collaboration to bring motion to the masses at an affordable cost .

IJOJOI
15-03-2016, 21:20
I had thought about that but being an old git my understanding of arduinos is limited to knowing they are a small pcb type computer . I had thought that since the apps can display g forces could that be used to send a signal to motors or linear rams to facilitate motion via the UDP signal ? If any of this wonderfully knowledgeable community has more of an idea I'd love to discuss a collaboration to bring motion to the masses at an affordable cost .

Well there are alternatives.
I built mine using JRK controllers, you just have to plug a potentiometer into it, connect the electro motors and you are good to go.

Price:
Motor: 2x120€
Controller: 2x80€

You just need a Universal joint and weld it to your seatplate --> finished :D

RedKellyS8
15-03-2016, 21:35
Any chance you could elaborate my friend , what motors did you use and how does it get the feed , is it wireless or would it only work on a PC ? I'm only running on a PS4 until funds permit a decent PC and any advice / photos would be gratefully accepted .

Fanapryde
17-03-2016, 09:34
You just need a Universal joint and weld it to your seatplate --> finished :D
I would like to see that too.
So, if I understand this right, only your seat is moving ?
Imo, the whole rig should move...

Keena
23-08-2018, 14:15
https://www.facebook.com/Fighterjetsworld/videos/2095974807387154/UzpfSTEwMDc3MDExODU6MTAyMTM3NzY2NTM4MjMwNTI/

davidt33
23-08-2018, 17:24
Immersit is a new Kickstarter company hoping to bring motion to your favourite games and movies using your existing furniture on four pads and Project Cars is already listed as a supported title amongst others including Dirt Rally , Assetto Corsa and Seb "Rally Alien" Loeb RE . Primarily designed to be placed under your sofa or chair but I see no reason why you couldn't place it under your rig and is expected to reach consumers by December , just in time for the winter solstice and that capitalist festival of eating to much and spending more money than you can afford that we now call Christmas .

http://www.immersit.com/#intro-shift
Looking good.
Just now checked the site though and it says Immersit Vibes "SOLD OUT" and Immersit isolateurs x4 "Add to Order - 12".
What gives?