PDA

View Full Version : refuelling ....

Madmazz116
15-03-2016, 10:06
Just wanted to ask , in a multiplayer race can you re-fuel at any point when you pitstop?...so if i was doing a 15 lap race with a mandatory pitstop and wanted just enough fuel to make the car lighter say for about 6 or 7 laps, when i come in for my tyre change can i re-fuel the car for the rest of the race? (that make sense?)

cheers

Yorkie065
15-03-2016, 10:20
I believe it depends on the race series that you are in (or at least for career it does), otherwise yes you can.

Top tip though, take the fuel you need for the race and don't bother refuelling in the pits. You lose more time refuelling than you do gaining running on the emptier tank. Should only really need to refuel if the full fuel tank won't last the duration of the race.

dbo35
15-03-2016, 10:31
I believe it depends on the race series that you are in (or at least for career it does), otherwise yes you can.

Top tip though, take the fuel you need for the race and don't bother refuelling in the pits. You lose more time refuelling than you do gaining running on the emptier tank. Should only really need to refuel if the full fuel tank won't last the duration of the race.

does this count for races with mandatory pit stops as well?

Madmazz116
15-03-2016, 10:32

ok thanks.

Yorkie065
15-03-2016, 10:37

I've not done a race with mandatory pitstops before (or at least not with the in-game system, but done it manually with a gentlemans agreement) so not 100% sure and would need someone to confirm.

My assumption would be that you don't need to take fuel on board, but change tyres...then again I could easily be wrong.

DreamsKnight
15-03-2016, 11:00

until a point. sunday i did a 2h race at imola and i see my pace with 70L against 5L is only 1 second slower. safe pace, not qualyfing lap :)

yes, why not?

3800racingfool
15-03-2016, 12:05
I've not done a race with mandatory pitstops before (or at least not with the in-game system, but done it manually with a gentlemans agreement) so not 100% sure and would need someone to confirm.

My assumption would be that you don't need to take fuel on board, but change tyres...then again I could easily be wrong.

A mandatory pitstop (at least, in multiplayer) is basically no more than a stop-n-go penalty at it's core. You don't have to refuel or change tires if you don't want/need to. You just need to stop at your pitbox.

hkraft300
15-03-2016, 14:34
^ 2nd that.
Also ye you can take the mandatory stop at any time during the race. Haven't risked leaving it til the end of the race though, but I have left it to the penultimate lap. No tyre change/refuel required: just do a quick stop-go, damage repair if need be.

Paul Hagen
21-03-2016, 18:47
Hey guys, after a while I started driving again today, running training laps. No matter what I do, whenever I go to the pit stop to refuel, my car does not stop but sails right through.
Does anyone have any idea if Im doing something wrong?
The pit strategy for the car is edited and marked as active in the beginning of the training race.
Thank you in advance, I appreciate any tips. :)

AbeWoz
21-03-2016, 18:50
Hey guys, after a while I started driving again today, running training laps. No matter what I do, whenever I go to the pit stop to refuel, my car does not stop but sails right through.
Does anyone have any idea if Im doing something wrong?
The pit strategy for the car is edited and marked as active in the beginning of the training race.
Thank you in advance, I appreciate any tips. :)

You can not pit in free practice mode.

You can however set up a QRW and run practice sessions and will have the ability to pit.

Paul Hagen
21-03-2016, 18:51
Thanks for the quick reply. I thought I was able to refuel a while ago but maybe thats my mind playing tricks on me...
Have a nicge evening :)

Paul Hagen
21-03-2016, 19:11
You can not pit in free practice mode.

You can however set up a QRW and run practice sessions and will have the ability to pit.

Whats a QRW? Sorry, English isnt my 1st language.
Btw: My training races ALWYS start with 7.9 litres in the tank, using the Clio Sport. Even though, I set it to 30L actually... Any idea what that might be about?

AbeWoz
21-03-2016, 19:13
Quick Race Weekend.
Race fuel will apply to practices and races. Qualifying fuel will only apply to qualifying. Make sure you are putting the proper fuel slider to where you want it, and are saving the setup for the track you wish to race.

Paul Hagen
21-03-2016, 19:18
Quick Race Weekend.
Race fuel will apply to practices and races. Qualifying fuel will only apply to qualifying. Make sure you are putting the proper fuel slider to where you want it, and are saving the setup for the track you wish to race.

So that means, if I start practice and set the fuel slider to 30L before starting to drive, thats of no use? There is no way to run practice with more then the 7.9L it gives me in the beginning? Or am I just to dumb and am missing something? Sorry, if that should be the case... But I checked the default for the car Im nusing, set the fuel to 30L but it still starts with 7.9L...

AbeWoz
21-03-2016, 19:22
if you set up the car before entering the practice or event, make sure you save the setup to the track you are about to drive.

or, once the event starts, enter "Edit tuning setup" when youre in the pit garage and set your fuel before hitting "drive"

Paul Hagen
21-03-2016, 19:26
or, once the event starts, enter "Edit tuning setup" when youre in the pit garage and set your fuel before hitting "drive"

Thats what I did, still started with 7.9, although I set it to 30 and saved... Well, maybe Im missing something. I will check that on the weekend again... Thanks for your time and help tho. Its appreciated.

hkraft300
21-03-2016, 22:49
There are 2 fuel sliders: race and qualify.
I think maybe you're setting the qualifying fuel to 30 litres, which only applies to qualifying sessions as mentioned.
What track are you on?

Paul Hagen
22-03-2016, 23:07
There are 2 fuel sliders: race and qualify.
I think maybe you're setting the qualifying fuel to 30 litres, which only applies to qualifying sessions as mentioned.
What track are you on?

I will check again over the weekend, thank you. Im on Snetterton 200 but I tried on other tracks, same thing although I set the car setup to 30L at the beginning of the practice.

Paul Hagen
23-03-2016, 17:28
Found it! I seem to have overlooked the arrows in the pit strategy menu... Did they change that with the recent patches? I cant remember being bothered by this before... xD
Anyway, I finally can run long practices again and Im starting to get the feeling for the cars and my wonderful wheel again :)
Thank you guys :)