PDA

View Full Version : Isn't is about time for patch 10 ?

Angst1974
15-03-2016, 13:34
Has there been any comments about patch 10 yet ? Seems like we have been getting a patch about this time every month .

APR193
15-03-2016, 13:39
Probably will be this week, next week at the latest. Patch 9 came out on 12th, patch 8 on the 20th, so anytime now really

Invincible
15-03-2016, 13:43
Probably will be this week, next week at the latest. Patch 9 came out on 12th, patch 8 on the 20th, so anytime now really

Patch 8 was late because of the holidays. If we ignore that one, 15th is already pretty late. But I think positive, the later it gets, the bigger the patch is. :p

Mascot
15-03-2016, 13:58
Looking forward to racing online at Silverstone Classic!

FS7
15-03-2016, 14:02
Let's hope MS doesn't delay the patch too much, I want to start playing the March DLC in March, not April.

Donnced
15-03-2016, 14:06
Or maybe there will no be any update till the release of the GOTY edition.. Cause people are asking when is coming the DLC with Nurburgring combined, the Paganis and the free car and SMS response was "someday in spring, more news in the next weeks"

APR193
15-03-2016, 14:11
Or maybe there will no be any update till the release of the GOTY edition.. Cause people are asking when is coming the DLC with Nurburgring combined, the Paganis and the free car and SMS response was "someday in spring, more news in the next weeks"

Its officially spring in 5 days. I'm still expecting the pack to come out at the end of the month, and then the GOTY date/no more DLC to be announced at the same time. If it meant getting more done with the patch though I'm happy to be wrong.

FS7
15-03-2016, 14:12
Iirc Spring starts on March 20th so Spring release for the DLC could mean Pagani Nurburgring Expansion being released later this month, with the GOTY being released no later than June 19th.

skells22
15-03-2016, 14:55
do not forgot Easter just 12 days away plus also that sunday we loss a hour. therefore Microsoft have not got long to sort the patch out before Easter comes

FS7
15-03-2016, 15:40
do not forgot Easter just 12 days away
True.
I wonder if there will be any Easter eggs to be found in patch 10.

AbeWoz
15-03-2016, 16:54
patch 10 will include oval versions for all tracks in the game, plus indy and daytona, animated pit crews featuring current victoria secret and sports illustrated models, and every single car ever made from the "request for car thread"

Krus Control
15-03-2016, 17:06
I think the only thing I care about is my wheel disconnecting. It happens so much and is not at all something you just get used to. If SMS fixes this one bug I would be through the roof. They can take their time as long as they fix this one.

Invincible
15-03-2016, 17:10
patch 10 will include oval versions for all tracks in the game, plus indy and daytona, animated pit crews featuring current victoria secret and sports illustrated models, and every single car ever made from the "request for car thread"

And also every track from both "which tracks do you want to see" threads and a full blown weather simulation including snow, ice, sandstorms, blizzards, monsoons and tornados. Every weather comes with a 100% realistic physics and car behaviour of course.

AbeWoz
15-03-2016, 17:13
And also every track from both "which tracks do you want to see" threads and a full blown weather simulation including snow, ice, sandstorms, blizzards, monsoons and tornados. Every weather comes with a 100% realistic physics and car behaviour of course.

i cant believe i was so daft and left out tracks and weather. DOH! and Microsoft is allowing button box support for pCARS users ONLY! and will be shipping upgraded XB1 internals to match the highest end PC's available to everyone who downloads patch 10 for XB1. I hope i didn;t forget anything this time.

Invincible
15-03-2016, 17:18
i cant believe i was so daft and left out tracks and weather. DOH! and Microsoft is allowing button box support for pCARS users ONLY! and will be shipping upgraded XB1 internals to match the highest end PC's available to everyone who downloads patch 10 for XB1. I hope i didn;t forget anything this time.

All those things may of course delay the patch for a day or two. But I think SMS shouldn't need more time than three days to get this stuff working 100% bug free. ;D

To those who weren't already aware: Yes I am kidding

E_Luckow
15-03-2016, 17:18
Tornados are fine... I´m dreaming about racing the oval version of LeMans under a class 5 tornado :D

One more thing... the DLC name will be "Non european PCars". :stupid:

Bealdor
15-03-2016, 17:19
Button box/keyboard support for XB1? Now you're getting greedy! Lol :highly_amused:

AbeWoz
15-03-2016, 17:25
Button box/keyboard support for XB1? Now you're getting greedy! Lol :highly_amused:

just wishful thinking :)

FS7
15-03-2016, 18:18

You guys forgot to mention that the patch will be released on April 1st.

Konan
15-03-2016, 18:32
True.

I'm sure cluck will claim them all for himself...:cool:

Konan
15-03-2016, 18:35
Tornados are fine... I´m dreaming about racing the oval version of LeMans under a class 5 tornado :D

One more thing... the DLC name will be "Non european PCars". :stupid:

So you'll go around in circles without having to do anything?...lol

Motorhead Racer
15-03-2016, 18:37

To be released April 1st Im guessing?

Motorhead Racer
15-03-2016, 18:37

well people have been complaining and wanting Ovals, maybe this will be the comprimise?

FS7
15-03-2016, 18:47
Tornados are fine...
Tornados are very useful when you want to do a flying lap.

Schnizz58
15-03-2016, 18:57
New made-for-TV-movie idea: Carnado.

E_Luckow
15-03-2016, 19:09

Nope. Driving well aware from the debris.

BullWinkle
15-03-2016, 19:12
well people have been complaining and wanting Ovals, maybe this will be the comprimise?

Maybe,... if tornado's turn counter clockwise.;)

PostBox981
15-03-2016, 19:27
Latest teaser from the upcoming American Track DLC:

https://www.grundschulmaterial.de/thumbs/Deutsch/Klasse%201/Anlautbilder/K-P/Osterei-000018229.jpg

Roger Prynne
15-03-2016, 19:42
New made-for-TV-movie idea: Carnado.
Or a new SMS venture: pCARSnado

RedKellyS8
15-03-2016, 20:09
Did somebody mention tornadoes , are we getting bikes and fireballs as well ?

balderz002
15-03-2016, 20:13
Good old days of the Aprilia RS Cube........ Kept Nori on his toes!

rev happy
15-03-2016, 20:41
I think the only thing I care about is my wheel disconnecting. It happens so much and is not at all something you just get used to. If SMS fixes this one bug I would be through the roof. They can take their time as long as they fix this one.

Is your wheel disconnecting definitely a know bug? I ask because my thrustmaster T300 used to frequently disconnect while playing Project Cars so I assumed the same. The problem however, was because I was using a USB adapter, plus an additional cable for extra length to connect my wheel. When I plugged it in directly, the disconnect problem disappeared.

RedKellyS8
15-03-2016, 20:52
Good old days of the Aprilia RS Cube........ Kept Nori on his toes!

I was lucky enough to get to know Nori and Colin quite well (ex marshal for BSB , MotoGp and WSBK ) to the extent that I was a personal guest of Colin at the following round at Brno in 2003 , top blokes as were 99% of the riders I have picked up out of the kitty litter .

Krus Control
15-03-2016, 20:53
Is your wheel disconnecting definitely a know bug? I ask because my thrustmaster T300 used to frequently disconnect while playing Project Cars so I assumed the same. The problem however, was because I was using a USB adapter, plus an additional cable for extra length to connect my wheel. When I plugged it in directly, the disconnect problem disappeared.

It's a known bug and last I heard the devs are looking into it but had some problems recreating it. I have a Thrustmaster wheel and Fanatec Pedals and when this happens both disconnect simultaneously with no usb sound in Windows. It didn't happen until after patch 5 or so. Doesn't happen on all systems.

balderz002
16-03-2016, 10:29
I was lucky enough to get to know Nori and Colin quite well (ex marshal for BSB , MotoGp and WSBK ) to the extent that I was a personal guest of Colin at the following round at Brno in 2003 , top blokes as were 99% of the riders I have picked up out of the kitty litter .

Its funny you should say that, since they both came up through the proddy classes. I dont know if an out and out gp rider would be quite so humble?

FS7
16-03-2016, 13:04
Did somebody mention tornadoes , are we getting bikes and fireballs as well ?

The technical term for that is hotlap.

Roger Prynne
16-03-2016, 15:58
^^^ Only if your wearing 'Hot Pants' though. :highly_amused:

Rambo_Commando
16-03-2016, 16:12
Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going to be introduced or fixed in patch 10?

Konan
16-03-2016, 16:18
Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going to be introduced or fixed in patch 10?

Should be about time for the release notes no?

TheBaldReverend
16-03-2016, 16:18

Fix something no-one cares about, introduce more bugs :p

Fight-Test
16-03-2016, 16:19
It's a known bug and last I heard the devs are looking into it but had some problems recreating it. I have a Thrustmaster wheel and Fanatec Pedals and when this happens both disconnect simultaneously with no usb sound in Windows. It didn't happen until after patch 5 or so. Doesn't happen on all systems.

I had the same issues but like rev it was a usb hub problem. Seems the 2 powered ones i have were causing problems while a cheap non powered one fixed everything.

Rambo_Commando
16-03-2016, 16:31
Fix something no-one cares about, introduce more bugs :p

Well to be honest, I have to to completely disagree. The game has gotten much better from when it was first released.

Konan
16-03-2016, 16:32
Well to be honest, I have to to completely disagree. The game has gotten much better from when it was first released.

Like day and night...

N0body Of The Goat
16-03-2016, 18:08

If you care to dream...

On the grid start, the gear indicator will correctly show your car initially in neutral.
Tyre indicator HUD colours refined to correctly show if tyres are running in their optimum temperature window.
Different weather conditions will slightly tweak air and track temperature, instead of grouping all weather conditions into two sub-groups.
"Random" weather will be random when the slot sequence starts to repeat itself.
The "Groundhog Day" time and weather sequence fixed, when sessions advance, instead of reverting to the original time and the start of the configured weather sequence.
Intermediate tyres are now the optimum tyres to be on in "light rain" and a drying track upto ~15mins (depending upon time acceleration) after it stops raining.
Soft compound tyres tweaked for LMP and GT3 cars, so their performance drops quicker, making medium and hard compounds more viable options for longer duration races.
Rain tyres tweaked so their performance falls off a cliff after ~10km of the rain condition reduces to "light rain."
Time Trail and Community Events no longer allow mechanical damage or tyre wear to be turned off.
Default fuel levels for completely default setups no longer give you enough fuel to almost do twice the race distance.
Mandatory stop rule tweaked to enforce at least two tyres must be changed (until now you could simply pit, take no fuel and replace no tyres before exiting to comply with rule).
Audi R8 V10 Plus fixed so that road compressions or heavy side panel collisions do not cause the car to lose all speed and go into neutral gear.
Sakitto cut detection improved through the Degna curves.
Time Trial leaderboards reset due to all the tyre physics tweaks and above assist tweaks.

... And wake up, all refreshed.;)

Reiche
18-03-2016, 10:18
Any news yet?

satco1066
18-03-2016, 11:11

Your talking about patch 10.5 upcoming April, 1st :smiley_simmons:

KkDrummer
18-03-2016, 11:56
I expect small fixes for cars and tracks...nothing else...Big changes/new features will only come for PCars2 IMHO

sp0q
18-03-2016, 12:42
If my controlled would stop to randomly stop working in the server browser I'd be golden.

PostBox981
18-03-2016, 17:35
Maybe we´ll get patch 9 3/4, only working in a parallel world and giving us the option to play Squiddich for a change.

EDIT: No, not possible, as Squiddich is going to be played in an oval.

funknerraw
19-03-2016, 05:53
I wonder with Project CARS being an official Oculus Rift launch title, and the Rift coming out on March 28th, if they might be waiting until then to release a patch, which might also include support for Oculus SDK 1.0. Would make sense to me if that's what their waiting for.

Joshua Healy
19-03-2016, 09:37
Maybe we´ll get patch 9 3/4, only working in a parallel world and giving us the option to play Squiddich for a change.

EDIT: No, not possible, as Squiddich is going to be played in an oval.

That was the plan, but the seeker AI had trouble with the oval pitch and Hogwartz wouldn't allow the licence for a lesser version of the field without AI

PostBox981
19-03-2016, 17:53
Doesn´t matter any more, I heard SMS still is in trouble with programming the suspension behaviour of the Nimbus2000, even Jussi doesn´t know exactly. Don´t believe we´ll see the Hogwards Track Expansion in pCars, maybe pCars2 though.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
19-03-2016, 21:07
Doesn´t matter any more, I heard SMS still is in trouble with programming the suspension behaviour of the Nimbus2000, even Jussi doesn´t know exactly.I've tried my best, but the bristle harmonics just keep getting the best of me.

cluck
19-03-2016, 22:07
The best thing is that they can only be driven 'stick'

Yes, I got a fresh supply of coats, I'm grabbing one now.

AbeWoz
21-03-2016, 15:26
aw man... i was way off :(

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46008-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Patch-10-0-Release-Notes

MortICi
21-03-2016, 15:33
aw man... i was way off :(

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46008-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Patch-10-0-Release-Notes

Hmm, that is some minor stuff really. You still hit the wall exiting the pits in Donnigton, at least in the Bentley. There much bigger bugs than this still present. I will be patiently waiting though :)

Was hoping for more fixes in this patch.... Especially with the whole Oculus thing. Regardless, better a patch, than no patch :D

El Nano
21-03-2016, 15:55
This is the patch??? :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: (OMG...)

Schnizz58
21-03-2016, 16:06
This is the patch???
I just don't get it.

APR193
21-03-2016, 16:19
I wouldn't be surprised if its the last patch to be honest.

NEPALII
21-03-2016, 16:28
Wow, more than 1 month wait, and this is it?? Sounds like SMS is about to end support, I really hope I am wrong. There is still a lot of bugs to be fixed. Not to mention many features missing that are likely to be pushed into pCars 2. :( Disappointing...

APR193
21-03-2016, 16:39
Wow, more than 1 month wait, and this is it?? Sounds like SMS is about to end support, I really hope I am wrong. There is still a lot of bugs to be fixed. Not to mention many features missing that are likely to be pushed into pCars 2. :( Disappointing...

Its been said numerous times over the past few months, no new features coming for pcars 1

Schnizz58
21-03-2016, 16:44
True but it's also been said to be patient waiting for bug fixes and that they are in the queue and will be addressed.

Konan
21-03-2016, 16:53
True but it's also been said to be patient waiting for bug fixes and that they are in the queue and will be addressed.

So?
That could be the reason for the late release...maybe they wanted to fix some things...couldn't make it in time and gave in to the public opinion to release the patch anyway?
Just a guess though...

morpwr
21-03-2016, 17:08
So?
That could be the reason for the late release...maybe they wanted to fix things...couldn't make it in time and gave in to the public opinion to release the patch anyway?
Just a guess though...

xbone got the first patch?:rolleyes:

Konan
21-03-2016, 17:32
xbone got the first patch?:rolleyes:

Yep....
Maybe SMS took on a new policy...the platform that nags the least gets the patch first...lol

NEPALII
21-03-2016, 17:48
Its been said numerous times over the past few months, no new features coming for pcars 1

If they aren't adding new features, then they could at least fix the bugs and leave the game fixed and stable. 1 month wait for 4, 5 fixes isn't really good news, is it? Specially, when there are still a ton of bugs present.

Schnizz58
21-03-2016, 17:50
So?
That could be the reason for the late release...maybe they wanted to fix some things.
I think that would have been a great idea.

JohnSchoonsBeard
21-03-2016, 17:53
If they aren't adding new features, then they could at least fix the bugs and leave the game fixed and stable. 1 month wait for 4, 5 fixes isn't really good news, is it? Specially, when there are still a ton of bugs present.

They have fixed some bugs. Just don't expect everything all at once. Some bugs have been difficult to nail down and therefore fix and some bug fixes will be deemed too risky to implement. Maybe more stuff will come with the game of the year edition when that's released.

Konan
21-03-2016, 17:58
They have fixed some bugs. Just don't expect everything all at once. Some bugs have been difficult to nail down and therefore fix and some bug fixes will be deemed too risky to implement. Maybe more stuff will come with the game of the year edition when that's released.

That's exactly it...not everyone has those bugs and therefore they are very hard to replicate....especially if they "pop up" randomly.

Schnizz58
21-03-2016, 17:59
All at once? It's been a year.

Konan
21-03-2016, 17:59

A "ton" off them is a bit over the top imho...

Konan
21-03-2016, 18:01
All at once? It's been a year.

To be fair...some off them "appeared" well after release....

Schnizz58
21-03-2016, 18:02
Well whose fault is that? And many were present before release and still haven't been fixed.

Konan
21-03-2016, 18:08
Well whose fault is that? And many were present before release and still haven't been fixed.

But that's just the point...it's almost unpredictable which bugs could sneak into the game with every patch/fix.
It's like a never ending problem....if we fix this bug won't we introduce another? If we implement that feature won't we risk introducing another bug?
Not an easy answer to those questions....
I agree that game breaking bugs should be fixed and i'm sure that despite some people worrying about that,they will eventually be fixed...

Konan
21-03-2016, 18:09

Can you specify which bugs those are?

Rambo_Commando
21-03-2016, 18:13
After reading the Xbox patch notes I'm not too impressed. Seems like a half patch rather than the previous patches. Looks like the game is pretty much done now.

Schnizz58
21-03-2016, 18:15
But that's just the point...it's almost unpredictable which bugs could sneak into the game with every patch/fix.
And you don't see that there's a problem when the code is so brittle that they don't even dare fix bugs for fear of introducing even worse ones?

i'm sure that despite some people worrying about that,they will eventually be fixed...
I'm glad your faith is still intact. I used to feel that way but I am no longer sure. Every month the release notes get shorter and soon they'll disappear entirely leaving all those risky bugs still there.

Schnizz58
21-03-2016, 18:16
Can you specify which bugs those are?
The one that comes to mind immediately is the steering ratio bug. WMD members complained about that one many months before release. I remember discussions of others but don't recall which ones they were.

ETA: also this one https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=96C4148DDB80B14F&id=96C4148DDB80B14F!109&parId=96C4148DDB80B14F!108&o=OneUp

Konan
21-03-2016, 18:20
And you don't see that there's a problem when the code is so brittle that they don't even dare fix bugs for fear of introducing even worse ones?

I'm glad your faith is still intact. I used to feel that way but I am no longer sure. Every month the release notes get shorter and soon they'll disappear entirely leaving all those risky bugs still there.

And i understand your concerns,i really do....
It's just easier for me because i don't have those bugs...that doesn't take away the fact that i still believe they are going to be fixed though...I sure hope SMS doesn't prove me wrong...:rolleyes:

Edit: if they are possible to be fixed

Reiche
22-03-2016, 06:32
PC patch 10 was just announced, "rolling out shortly"

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46021-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-10-0-Release-Notes

Invincible
22-03-2016, 07:05
To be honest, I am a bit disappointed by the new patch. I have to admit, that I really expected to see a few performance balance tweaks for GT3 or GT4 at least...

22-03-2016, 08:34
As usual fix the minor stuff no one really cares about and leave the major ones that have been reported time and time again. I've given up having this game fixed. Anyway can't wait to play and see what this patch breaks this time.

KkDrummer
22-03-2016, 08:42
Support for PCArs is probably coming to an end...maybe one more patch next month along a last DLC and that is it. SMS probably needs the resources for PCars 2's development. The sooner you accept the game is what it is the less frustrated you will get....NO SMS is not going to fix every existing bug in PCars and NO they will not add new features to it either...

cluck
22-03-2016, 08:54
EDIT : This reply was moved from the PC Patch 10 Notes thread by the way, in case the last paragraph is confusing :)

Lots of people have had problems with the exposure levels of the cars listed. Just because "you" don't care that they are fixed, doesn't mean they are pointless fixes.

I do wish people would realise that they are not the only person playing the game.

And, as is repeated, every single time the patches come out, this thread is to discuss what is IN the patches, not to discuss what isn't and whether or not you don't like the content of the patch.

konnos
22-03-2016, 09:01
I find you lack of faith... disturbing /forcechoke

rauf0
22-03-2016, 09:17
Support for PCArs is probably coming to an end...maybe one more patch next month along a last DLC and that is it. SMS probably needs the resources for PCars 2's development. The sooner you accept the game is what it is the less frustrated you will get....NO SMS is not going to fix every existing bug in PCars and NO they will not add new features to it either...

Definitely it won't help sell pCARS2. NEver mind is it justified from developer pov, people hate such mindset.

barcode
22-03-2016, 09:19
Lots of people have had problems with the exposure levels of the cars listed. Just because "you" don't care that they are fixed, doesn't mean they are pointless fixes.

I do wish people would realise that they are not the only person playing the game.

Fair enough. Although at the iteration of patch 10, it is fair to expect that the MAJORITY of issues that can be tackled have been dealt with properly. That doesn't seem to be the case, and while I'm willing to understand the effort and work that goes into this and understand there are constraints as to what is feasible, there still seem to be many issues that have openly been addressed by many, but not been dealt with (nor communicated as to why that is, which would be a fallback solution I would expect in some cases), as the complaining on these forums shows. That is a bit disconcerting, to be perfeclty honest, and having just experienced an involuntary career reset, and having to deal with controller resets every other time I want to play tends to lead to some level of frustration. Fixing exposure settings on less than a handful of cars doesn't sound like much effort was put into this. More like a 9.1 patch in my book.

I'm a little worried about the remaining problems not getting tackled at all...

Th3Pr0ph3cy
22-03-2016, 09:45

And, as is repeated, every single time the patches come out, this thread is to discuss what is IN the patches, not to discuss what isn't and whether or not you don't like the content of the patch.

:stupid:OMG nothing to say to that...

RomKnight
22-03-2016, 09:52
Definitely it won't help sell pCARS2. NEver mind is it justified from developer pov, people hate such mindset.

I know what people tell me on TS and posts on forums. Can't argue with that. They just don't accept any more excuses (actually, they don't even listen for a few months now.)

gemonic
22-03-2016, 09:55
this thread is to discuss what is IN the patches...

should be a small thread then

Wolkenwolf
22-03-2016, 09:58

Yes. In every patch note i hoped there would be "something" of this in it:

More then one setup
Substandard MP UI-Lobby ( sort ? filter? what ? Rocket science!)
Soundbugs online fixed
Online Replays repaired

High time to look for another sim i think

AndrexUK
22-03-2016, 09:58

To be fair, he never said they were "pointless", he said they were "Minor" which I suspect in the majority of users eyes, is accurate. There are certainly bigger issues that APPEAR to be being ignored.
Granted he said that "which no one really cares about" which is clearly not the case, but I suspect many feel the same way.

Don't want the thread to be going off-topic of what HAS been fixed in this patch! but perhaps his only 'crime' is that it wasn't a very constructive post, and could be seen as bashing on the Devs (most likely out of frustration).

There is nothing if any significance to me in this patch, but that's not to say I'm not grateful that they have been fixed.

I would love more communication in the form of what SMS do acknowledge as issues, or what they ARE working on, or progress of fixes. I don't expect it, as I'm sure many others have also learnt not to expect anything, as this will possibly lead to disappointment. But it would certainly be nice.

RomKnight
22-03-2016, 10:20
None of that can be changed without messing with some core fundamentals.

Fortunately, pC2 will be out with all that fixed. But never forget that software, like nature, has bugs by default and we won't ever kill'em all (nor do we want to btw :) )

Wolkenwolf
22-03-2016, 10:28
Fortunately, pC2 will be out with all that fixed. )

I want to believe, Scully ?
Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, ...

;)

RomKnight
22-03-2016, 10:33
Guess time will tell :)

AbeWoz
22-03-2016, 10:34
...High time to look for another sim i think

That's completely up to you, no one is forcing you to be here. But I don't see why people keep posting things like this. It's not like SMS is going to break their backs over one person saying they will no longer play the game that they have already paid for.

Personally, I have had close to zero issues w/ pCARS. I find this game fantastic.

Cookie-car
22-03-2016, 10:51
It's 1.10 patch, not 10.0. Don't be ridiculous and start naming it correctly like all the other developers. 1.0, 2.0 etc. means major fixes.

maxx69
22-03-2016, 11:08
WTF .....silverstone Classic ?

El Nano
22-03-2016, 11:19
It seems the perfect game and a perfect multiplayer and perfect replay only need such like minimal patch. :D

balderz002
22-03-2016, 11:27
Personally, I have had close to zero issues w/ pCARS. I find this game fantastic.

I have more issues with this forum (or some of the 'characters' in it - No, I wont name names) than the game itself.........

El Nano
22-03-2016, 11:39
What guarantee that the CARS 2 (or CARS 1 and half…) will not be an half-finished beta, as the CARS right now? Nothing. Congratulation for this professional „support”, the also professional attitude (threat closed, user bans, etc.). U lost one potential buyer. Disgusting this illusional patch, and the nothing revenue of the players. This is a bullshit, not patch 10.

Sankyo
22-03-2016, 11:44
What guarantee that the CARS 2 (or CARS 1 and half…) will not be an half-finished beta, as the CARS right now? Nothing.
Why would you need a guarantee anyway when the game is still about 2 years away from release?

Congratulation for this professional „support”, the also professional attitude (threat closed, user bans, etc.). U lost one potential buyer. Disgusting this illusional patch, and the nothing revenue of the players. This is a bullshit, not patch 10.
10 patches and multiple DLCs against very acceptable prices is not support?

El Nano
22-03-2016, 11:51

Absolute no. After 10 patch and the mutiplayer still massive incomplete and almost useless replay. This is a semi-finished product, nothing more like a beta. Sadly, because otherwise I really like this game.

JohnSchoonsBeard
22-03-2016, 11:52
Have you not seen the previous update notes? They show huge amounts of development and bug fixing. They're also clearly investigating various bugs by communicating with some of the users who are experiencing them. Nailing down bugs can be difficult. If you can't replicate them reliably how can you fix them?

Mostly the game for me runs bug free. Sure, not completely but mostly.

the-D-
22-03-2016, 11:54
Why would you need a guarantee anyway when the game is still about 2 years away from release?

10 patches is nothing to boast about, though they were needed (and many more). To say fixing a less than stable product is support is laughable, but I'm sure the usual guys will 'support' that too ;)

rauf0
22-03-2016, 11:56
That's completely up to you, no one is forcing you to be here. But I don't see why people keep posting things like this. It's not like SMS is going to break their backs over one person saying they will no longer play the game that they have already paid for.

no one is forcing you to be here - stronk argument...

This is forum, it's to discuss people's opinion. And opinion doesn't mean it always has to be positive. Wise people adopt different voices and draw conclusions.
And my conclusion is that we canceled our leagues, cause for many reasons nobody want to play pCARS anymore. Players become bored with random bugs, disconnecting, unusable single tuning slot, useless replays etc.

I've tried to post on our forum some news ab. pCARS2 and got comments like "hey, who cares, we are so dissappointed with pC1 state that don't want to even listen ab. pC2 progress".

Thats why i think it would be extremely tough to get back on market with pCARS2. Is there any solution? Yes, get back to drawing board and fix few key features.

But that will not...

Invincible
22-03-2016, 12:18
I have more issues with this forum (or some of the 'characters' in it - No, I wont name names) than the game itself.........

Totally agree with that.

Even though I said that the patch was a bit of a letdown for me (only because of the missing BoP if GT Class!), saying that SMS didn't provide support and stuff is just plain wrong.

AOD_Danneskjold
22-03-2016, 12:43
Man, good thing they got the pit stops working, the replay system working, the dedicated server system working, the spectator system working, the relative course place system working, all of the tracks working, the player profile system working, and we've got oval racing like we were promised.

If we didn't already have those things, Patch 10.0 would be a real punch in the gut!

AndrexUK
22-03-2016, 12:45
no one is forcing you to be here - stronk argument...

This is forum, it's to discuss people's opinion. And opinion doesn't mean it always has to be positive. Wise people adopt different voices and draw conclusions.

It's sad that this view is not shared by many of the other mods / posters.
So many are very quick to defend the product, with a somewhat closed-minded mindset, and then we have the good guys like rauf0 who is a GOLD member of pCars2 community, and a WMD member, so put money up front or this (which normally creates an instant 'I will defend my investment' attitude), and is still clearly open to both sides of the fence.

And I have no issue with ppl saying they are leaving, if no-one was to say this, perhaps SMS may never realize that they are putting ppl off (not only pCars1, but more than likely away from pCars2 as well).

I don't intend to leave, and I'm 90% sure I'll buy pCars2, but you can't blame ppl for having seconds thoughts, as in my opinion, pCars1 is not doing a great job of promoting pCars2.
Yes, it is fantastic, but it is deeply scarred by the many unresolved / unresolvable bugs. And it doesn't take too many bad things to outweigh the good things.

BigDad
22-03-2016, 12:48
Man, good thing they got the pit stops working, the replay system working, the dedicated server system working, the spectator system working, the relative course place system working, all of the tracks working, the player profile system working, and we've got oval racing like we were promised.

If we didn't already have those things, Patch 10.0 would be a real punch in the gut!
Careful , there's a banhammer swinging freely lately .

beetes_juice
22-03-2016, 12:51
The internet never ceases to amaze me. The sense of entitlement some people show is mind boggling.

How can people over the past year rag on SMS for their support? At least pick something better (bad controller settings, sticky cars, land mine's, etc). But the support/customer service....really? They may have "had" to with the launch but in reality they didn't have to do anything.

Yeah, I expected maybe 2-3 patches after launch, DLC thrown in here and there and thats about it. What did I get? 10 patches over the past year with bug fixes/additions, a stream of conveniently priced DLC, constant support from the ACTUAL game dev's, a place to go/meet/talk with people that are like minded, back and forth between app - game dev's, etc.

I just don't get it. Rag on their support? :confused:

*Thanks for patch 10. Finally don't have to worry about GTE cockpit view. :o

Scav3nger
22-03-2016, 13:22
Fortunately, pC2 will be out with all that fixed.

You'll excuse me if this time I wait until the game is actually out and find out from the community (not just this one, but the overall playerbase) if this is true or not.

How can people over the past year rag on SMS for their support?

To be fair the majority of people who often end up banned are because they're ones making stupid arguments about said support. However, there's plenty of people around with valid criticisms as well who in the past have received more than unwarranted flak from some members because they simply refuse to see that the game had (and still does have) some pretty significant flaws, especially on consoles.

In all honesty that's one reason I've stopped spending time here and don't regret not going back for seconds with pCARS 2.

Schnizz58
22-03-2016, 14:03
No, that would be this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46008-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Patch-10-0-Release-Notes).

Bealdor
22-03-2016, 14:04
No, that would be this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46008-Project-CARS-Xbox-One-Patch-10-0-Release-Notes).

This post was there until I moved it (and a few others) to here.

Schnizz58
22-03-2016, 14:05
LOL, ok that makes sense. My apologies cluck.

cluck
22-03-2016, 14:21
LOL, ok that makes sense. My apologies cluck.No problem at all. I should add an edit to the post to make it clear that it was moved, to avoid any confusion, so thank you :).

Rambo_Commando
22-03-2016, 14:47
Where is the PS4 patch?

Konan
22-03-2016, 14:49
True.

It will be delivered in your garden by the Easter Bunny with a red bow....:cool:

Bealdor
22-03-2016, 15:20
Where is the PS4 patch?

According to twitter it'll come later this week.

https://mobile.twitter.com/projectcarsgame/status/712224810705809408

MrBlacky
22-03-2016, 15:27
Well, not to mention that these 4 "fixes" don't deserve the title "Patch 10.0". But you could at least tell us why the crap this is a 500+ MB "Patch" for a little cosmetic fixes.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
22-03-2016, 15:29
But you could at least tell us why the crap this is a 500+ MB "Patch" for a little cosmetic fixes.Probably due to the DLC/GOTY content being included in this patch, requiring a lot files to be updated.

Dakpilot
22-03-2016, 15:53
Well, not to mention that these 4 "fixes" don't deserve the title "Patch 10.0". But you could at least tell us why the crap this is a 500+ MB "Patch" for a little cosmetic fixes.

Unlike new babies, that are delivered by a Stork, new DLC cars and tracks in PCars are usually delivered with a patch

or did i get that wrong? :p

Cheers Dakpilot

RomKnight
22-03-2016, 16:44
BTW, some fixes are just code but some require, new graphics, materials or something else that would greatly increase the size, even for a small fix.

Raven403
22-03-2016, 17:09
Snip.

Snip, +*Not something that needs to stay on here and breed discontent.*+

Also, People will always have complaints, If you don't agree Shake your head and scroll on. Engaging it further only serves to continue the process. 10 patches now and the same thing happens, ppl have complaints, and they are jumped on by the people who say they shouldn't. Only way it stops is for people on one side of that process to just stop. Guess which side almost certainly isn't going to?

cluck
22-03-2016, 17:13
Before this particular de-rail escalates either way, can I suggest that it isn't taken any further. What happened today in Belgium is tragic (almost beyond comprehension, along with pretty much every other terrorist attack around the world) but this thread is absolutely not the place to be discussing it in any manner.

Konan
22-03-2016, 17:20
Before this particular de-rail escalates either way, can I suggest that it isn't taken any further. What happened today in Belgium is tragic (almost beyond comprehension, along with pretty much every other terrorist attack around the world) but this thread is absolutely not the place to be discussing it in any manner.

Just one more thing i just HAVE to share with everyone...
As you all might or might not know,i'm from Belgium too...I was really touched by the PM i got this morning from Bealdor,asking me if i and my family were ok....Goes to show that this really is a tight community....thanks again Bealdor,i think you deserve this public mention and i'm sorry it's off-topic....

Schnizz58
22-03-2016, 17:21
That was very thoughtful Bealdor.

RoccoTTS
22-03-2016, 17:25

I agree, let's end this topic before it escalates. I just wanted to make something clair.

Back to the OP question, yes it's time for patch 10 ;)

Konan
22-03-2016, 17:26
I agree, let's end this topic before it escalates. I just wanted to make something clair.

Back to the OP question, yes it's time for patch 10 ;)

Patience my friend...patience :cool:

crowtrobot
22-03-2016, 18:54
Care to explain (here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45897-Isn-t-is-about-time-for-patch-10))?
The update to patch 10 changed the physics files such that they are incompatible with the unpacking scripts that have been used to unpack the loose files from the PHYSICS .bffs. This is a big problem for people that are interested in altering or adding vehicles.

Also FWIW, not sure why you're directing M4MKey to the other thread - this issue has very much do with the files that are included in patch 10.

maxx2504
22-03-2016, 20:04
Hi !

Yes i heard the same. Hopefully the Game is still moddable....otherwise the work of many people is for nothing... :(

Sankyo
22-03-2016, 20:10
The update to patch 10 changed the physics files such that they are incompatible with the unpacking scripts that have been used to unpack the loose files from the PHYSICS .bffs. This is a big problem for people that are interested in altering or adding vehicles.

Also FWIW, not sure why you're directing M4MKey to the other thread - this issue has very much do with the files that are included in patch 10.
The discussion is basically about modding the game, so not something discussing the content of the patch.

crowtrobot
22-03-2016, 20:15
The discussion is basically about modding the game, so not something discussing the content of the patch.
The discussion was not about modding the game or specifics, but about the changes that SMS has made that could have a massive impact on whether it's even possible anymore. I'm certainly biased, but I think that's an important enough issue that it should remain in the main thread, not sidelined to a catch-all along with the typical monthly gripes.

Patrick Kulinski
22-03-2016, 20:19
The discussion was not about modding the game or specifics, but about the changes that SMS has made that could have a massive impact on whether it's even possible anymore. I'm certainly biased, but I think that's an important enough issue that it should remain in the main thread, not sidelined to a catch-all along with the typical monthly gripes.

I've got to support here. What happened is that new data has been delivered with the patch, changing the game in a way that could be substantial for a number of users. So I'd say the raised issue belongs to the patch content.

E_Luckow
22-03-2016, 22:30
So this is it? No modding allowed?

Slowsley
22-03-2016, 23:58
I've got to support here. What happened is that new data has been delivered with the patch, changing the game in a way that could be substantial for a number of users. So I'd say the raised issue belongs to the patch content.

Un-be-lieve-able. If the experience I've come to know and love has come to an end for some dadgum Aston Martin exposure fixes...UHHHH!

Using what SMS has given us combined with Crow's work has been amazing. I don't know how I would go back to goofy, Forza-style grids.

barcode
23-03-2016, 05:54

The merging of a bunch of random unwanted posts in the official-patch-10-thread with this didn't help this thread, or the random posts which are completely out of context now.

I seriously think that the discussion about a patch, its contents and the non-content should all be in the same thread, whether you like it or not, otherwise this happens and no one is getting any further. I understand this is a political issue, but sticking to the rules too strict can be a problem sometimes. You might as well just have deleted all the posts, it killed the discussion completely.

Dakpilot
23-03-2016, 06:08
The merging of a bunch of random unwanted posts in the official-patch-10-thread with this didn't help this thread, or the random posts which are completely out of context now.

I seriously think that the discussion about a patch, its contents and the non-content should all be in the same thread, whether you like it or not, otherwise this happens and no one is getting any further. I understand this is a political issue, but sticking to the rules too strict can be a problem sometimes. You might as well just have deleted all the posts, it killed the discussion completely.

The patch discussions in the Announcement section have always had the same rules for every patch, there is nothing new in that.

How difficult is it to start a new discussion in a relevant place to voice these new and important issues regarding very useful Mods

Cheers Dakpilot

APR193
23-03-2016, 06:37
One small detail that wasn't included in patch notes was the emails in career mode now go horizontally rather than vertically, makes them much clearer imo, nice work SMS :)

Also, I've already posted this in Xbox Patch 10 notes so won't post it again after this but, either a dev reading this or someone who can pass it on, now the Aston cockpit contrast issues are sorted can the same issue be looked at for the Group 5 BMW please?

Arhok
23-03-2016, 06:42
Fuuuuuuu so it means that not only we cant use mod cars but we cant use the grid tool??

Are we afraid of somebody else doing better job or what??

JohnSchoonsBeard
23-03-2016, 06:55
Maybe SMS don't test modding support. Neither should they. Hopefully it will be easy enough to update the tools by the modding crew.

Sankyo
23-03-2016, 07:24

Then create a 'post-patch 10 modding issues' thread and have the discussion there. That gives it its very own topic in the forum so it also won't get buried in the general patch content discussion in the patch content thread.

barcode
23-03-2016, 08:02
The patch discussions in the Announcement section have always had the same rules for every patch, there is nothing new in that.

How difficult is it to start a new discussion in a relevant place to voice these new and important issues regarding very useful Mods

Cheers Dakpilot

Not difficult at all. But frankly I don't care what the "rules" say about it, it makes no sense nevertheless. Just because it's a rule doesn't make it right.

There is ONE official thread for the patch. How much sense does it make to fumble through 10 different threads in 3 different subforums to piece together the information you may need about a patch? Would it not make sense for the devs as well to find one thread where all the patch related positives AND negatives are gathered? Where all the concerns are voiced? The mods can (and will) still clean up everything that is excessive, but for everyone else there is one place to go to read about the patch. How is that bad enough to start such a fuss about it, close the thread, move posts to a thread that has no relevance on what was discussed in the other thread TWICE, so you basically can't grasp what people are going on about at all anymore. All the posts were STILL related to the patch in a little broader sense than the "rules" state.

So according to the rules, people just posting "Great stuff thanks" should get their posts moved as well because they're not actually discussing anything, right?

Slowsley
23-03-2016, 08:51
How much sense does it make to fumble through 10 different threads in 3 different subforums to piece together the information you may need about a patch? ?

None...it's what I've been doing to make sure that I don't miss anything relevant and I wish I didn't have to. I don't know what the answer is.

Slowsley
23-03-2016, 08:53
Fuuuuuuu so it means that not only we cant use mod cars but we cant use the grid tool??

Are we afraid of somebody else doing better job or what??

I was afraid of that, but actually it works and has already been updated. I guess there's something that mod cars needs that it doesn't. Thank goodness.

Mascot
23-03-2016, 09:41
And for those moaning about a small patch of game, there are more important things in live to moan about.
At this moment i'm looking at the tv news here in Belgium about the terror attacks where a lot innocent people died.
It's a little bit shocking when you compare it too this thread where people make a big fuss about a patch of game.

Absolutely ridiculous thing to say. You should be embarrassed having posted this 'holier than thou' attitude. This is a game forum.

Sankyo
23-03-2016, 09:48
Not difficult at all. But frankly I don't care what the "rules" say about it, it makes no sense nevertheless. Just because it's a rule doesn't make it right.

There is ONE official thread for the patch. How much sense does it make to fumble through 10 different threads in 3 different subforums to piece together the information you may need about a patch? Would it not make sense for the devs as well to find one thread where all the patch related positives AND negatives are gathered? Where all the concerns are voiced? The mods can (and will) still clean up everything that is excessive, but for everyone else there is one place to go to read about the patch. How is that bad enough to start such a fuss about it, close the thread, move posts to a thread that has no relevance on what was discussed in the other thread TWICE, so you basically can't grasp what people are going on about at all anymore. All the posts were STILL related to the patch in a little broader sense than the "rules" state.

So according to the rules, people just posting "Great stuff thanks" should get their posts moved as well because they're not actually discussing anything, right?
The rule is not that it needs to be a discussion, it needs to be about the content of the patch, not what's not in it or anything else. And no we're not only expecting praise.

It makes much more sense to have separate well-named subtopics in separate threads than putting everything in one thread. And again, a discussion about how modding was made more difficult because the encryption was changed is not a duscussion about content, if only because modding is not a key feature of the game.

RoccoTTS
23-03-2016, 11:12
Except this is a Forum for people to come and specifically come and discuss and complain about a Game. There's literally thousands of things going on in the world at any one time that are much more important than anything on here, so just the fact that anyone posts here at all would be rendered useless by that logic. Untold tragedies don't mean everyone has to stop in their tracks and not do anything else.

Its ridiculous to me that you would use a tragedy to try and make a point on a video game forum. That's worse than the people your trying to make a not-so-necessary point to.

Also, People will always have complaints, If you don't agree Shake your head and scroll on. Engaging it further only serves to continue the process. 10 patches now and the same thing happens, ppl have complaints, and they are jumped on by the people who say they shouldn't. Only way it stops is for people on one side of that process to just stop. Guess which side almost certainly isn't going to?

Absolutely ridiculous thing to say. You should be embarrassed having posted this 'holier than thou' attitude. This is a game forum.
I deleted my original post. I'm sorry if i upset some people, it was not intended to be.

barcode
23-03-2016, 11:37
The rule is not that it needs to be a discussion, it needs to be about the content of the patch, not what's not in it or anything else. And no we're not only expecting praise.

It makes much more sense to have separate well-named subtopics in separate threads than putting everything in one thread. And again, a discussion about how modding was made more difficult because the encryption was changed is not a duscussion about content, if only because modding is not a key feature of the game.

It makes much more sense? No, it doesn't in my opinion, make any sense at all. In the regular forum sections, there are x number of threads opened every day, the order at which things are displayed changes by the minute, half of the first page is stickied, if I come on here and have to fumble through several pages, deciphering all the topic names first, in several subforums, half my day is over before I get any information:

"Oh, let's check the Technical Help-subforum for changes in to FFB, API-subforum if anything on my mods is broken, and the Multiplayer-forum to see if there have been changes that effect me, and, just in case, the General Discussion, maybe someone posted something there as well!"

It makes more sense, because of the whopping 2 and a half pages that the official thread has been reduced to now, what, is too much to manage from a mod perspective?

What do you expect people to say about the rather short list of bugfixes? Whoopdidoo, glare free Astons, fixed Falcon steeringwheel, no more stuntcars, thanks cool bye, all problems are solved? Great work SMS? What's there to discuss, apart from the lack of content?

But this is becoming more and more pointless, so I'll leave it to you.

crowtrobot
23-03-2016, 12:00

Again, the discussion was how the FILES IN THE UPDATE changed how mods work/cannot work with Project CARS after the patch that is in the title of the thread: Project CARS PC Patch 10.0 Release Notes. I am failing to see why this information is not relevant to Patch 10.0, or the thread.

I agree that from a dev/mod perspective, that having separate well-named subtopics are better for organization, but Users don't use the forums in the same way that Mods or the Devs do - people pop in, check the dev posts, most recent posts, hotter topics, etc.; it's not JIRA from the end-user standpoint. If there is an update, I immediately go to the thread about the update to see if there are issues with it - in this case, any mods using unpacked PHYSICS*.bff files have stopped working. I could start a new thread about why mods don't work with Patch 10, but you are now implying (to me anyway) that anyone with a problem should be starting a new topic, not posting in the Patch thread. If this is the case, what exactly is the patch thread for? Why bother posting it on a forum, or leaving the thread unlocked, if there isn't to be any discussion about its contents?

Bealdor
23-03-2016, 12:18
It makes much more sense? No, it doesn't in my opinion, make any sense at all. In the regular forum sections, there are x number of threads opened every day, the order at which things are displayed changes by the minute, half of the first page is stickied, if I come on here and have to fumble through several pages, deciphering all the topic names first, in several subforums, half my day is over before I get any information:

"Oh, let's check the Technical Help-subforum for changes in to FFB, API-subforum if anything on my mods is broken, and the Multiplayer-forum to see if there have been changes that effect me, and, just in case, the General Discussion, maybe someone posted something there as well!"

It makes more sense, because of the whopping 2 and a half pages that the official thread has been reduced to now, what, is too much to manage from a mod perspective?

I think there's a little misunderstanding here. If you're having issues with your game that are caused by the patch, please go ahead and post it in the patch thread.
We just moved posts that were either off topic/complaints about what's not fixed or about modded content, which is not officially supported.

What do you expect people to say about the rather short list of bugfixes? Whoopdidoo, glare free Astons, fixed Falcon steeringwheel, no more stuntcars, thanks cool bye, all problems are solved? Great work SMS? What's there to discuss, apart from the lack of content?

But this is becoming more and more pointless, so I'll leave it to you.

Honestly, I don't expect much because the list of fixes is not long and the patch doesn't cause new issues that can't be resolved by verifying the files through Steam.

Again, the discussion was how the FILES IN THE UPDATE changed how mods work/cannot work with Project CARS after the patch that is in the title of the thread: Project CARS PC Patch 10.0 Release Notes. I am failing to see why this information is not relevant to Patch 10.0, or the thread.

It's not relevant because it's not officially supported game content.
If someone is having issues with a mod after a new patch was released, he should look for a solution in the respective mod thread and not the patch thread, simply because the modders are the ones who support/manage that content and not SMS.

JohnSchoonsBeard
23-03-2016, 12:26

I agree that from a dev/mod perspective, that having separate well-named subtopics are better for organization, but Users don't use the forums in the same way that Mods or the Devs do - people pop in, check the dev posts, most recent posts, hotter topics, etc.; it's not JIRA from the end-user standpoint. If there is an update, I immediately go to the thread about the update to see if there are issues with it - in this case, any mods using unpacked PHYSICS*.bff files have stopped working. I could start a new thread about why mods don't work with Patch 10, but you are now implying (to me anyway) that anyone with a problem should be starting a new topic, not posting in the Patch thread. If this is the case, what exactly is the patch thread for? Why bother posting it on a forum, or leaving the thread unlocked, if there isn't to be any discussion about its contents?

After repeated requests, if that's what they want to happen then just go with that. It's SMS's forum.

Maybe some high profile threads like update notes need to not advertise the modding. Car manufacturers (eg Audi) may apply pressure on software companies to avoid the promotion of some mods or it could make negotiating new contracts difficult. The modded tools that have been made available look excellent and I'd love the functionality for Grid selection and audio on console but only if developed by SMS. It's SMS's choice whether they shout about modding or try and keep it quiet.

Sankyo
23-03-2016, 12:41
Because what happens to files of the game is not what the thread is about, it's about content added to/modified in the game. The fact that SMS changed the properties of some files for whatever reason is outside the scope of the thread because from a normal player point of view it's irrelevant.

If people have a problem with the added/modified content, they should use the thread, obviously. If someone has a problem with the game after changes to game files due to the patch, because he's using the files in a way not intended by the devs, it's not part of the patch discussion thread.

baza4173
24-03-2016, 01:13
Patch 10 out in uk downloading now:D

hitmanvega
24-03-2016, 04:30
Patch size?

cluck
24-03-2016, 06:23
To all those who have been jumping up and down, re. the patch 10 'breaking' mod support, have a read here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34577-Machine-Dojo-Modding-Team-pCARS-GT3-Project&p=1255966&viewfull=1#post1255966)

sirsilver1968
24-03-2016, 07:06
i concur patch 10 has left the building. file size 1.8 gb

24-03-2016, 14:26
Tried playing today first time since patch 10, couldn't join any online sessions = restart game, tried to join a game = insta kicked. Manage to join, go to qualy = steering ratio bug = restart game. Finish qualy race loaded, car spawn on top of someone & parked sideways on track. Race started = white line ffb bug = Quit. Patch 10 didn't make any difference.

lifeofbrian
24-03-2016, 15:29
Just started a new league, 2nd race, someone quit, so all the cars in the replay were mixed up (for everyone), car stuck on the start/finish line, and half the cars had no lights (night race). 3rd race, 5 people kicked from the game and "returned to race central". So not really the patch I or many other people were hoping for. Must do better.

maxx69
24-03-2016, 16:14
Ah back on the topic of patch 10.0 rather than reams of posts about what should and shouldn't be here....I take it they'll be deleted? ;)

Just downloaded on PS4 , glad to hear the Aston is fixed and to read the news that SMS and psn are working together on the disconnection issues and included in the PS4 patch is different disconnect messages to help discover the root of the problem.
Thanks for the patch .....not many issues solved but it's something and I'm grateful for that .
Fingers crossed its not the last patch

25-03-2016, 01:02
Ah back on the topic of patch 10.0 rather than reams of posts about what should and shouldn't be here....I take it they'll be deleted? ;)

Just downloaded on PS4 , glad to hear the Aston is fixed and to read the news that SMS and psn are working together on the disconnection issues and included in the PS4 patch is different disconnect messages to help discover the root of the problem.
Thanks for the patch .....not many issues solved but it's something and I'm grateful for that .
Fingers crossed its not the last patch

I really admire you and many others for the dedicated support for a game that should be in beta phase at best. And my post is about patch 10 alright, about it not making a difference. In fact it introduced something new instead, now there is a possibility of being unable to join online sessions, never had that before. Kudos for the new 'feature'.

maxx69
25-03-2016, 14:51
I really admire you and many others for the dedicated support for a game that should be in beta phase at best. And my post is about patch 10 alright, about it not making a difference. In fact it introduced something new instead, now there is a possibility of being unable to join online sessions, never had that before. Kudos for the new 'feature'.

On reflection, after actually attempting a race at hock classic last night ( first race since patch 10 )
After 30 min practice, 15min qualifying the game froze after multiple disconnects. The grid had no cars on it and the ones that didn't disconnect were frozen on the first straight at the start ???
This seems to be the old story of the patch bringing in more bugs than it fixes .
So pissed off , I really admire SMS for trying to fix the game but , does no one actually play the game to make sure it's OK before releasing the patch ?
To top it all silverstone is still not fixed ( no mention in patch 10)
Maybe it was just bad luck last night , but maybe SMS should consider some free DLC content as a good will gesture to all the faithful fans who not only bought the game in good will but also all the dlc content (so we actually pay your wages )

Konan
25-03-2016, 15:06
On reflection, after actually attempting a race at hock classic last night ( first race since patch 10 )
After 30 min practice, 15min qualifying the game froze after multiple disconnects. The grid had no cars on it and the ones that didn't disconnect were frozen on the first straight at the start ???
This seems to be the old story of the patch bringing in more bugs than it fixes .
So pissed off , I really admire SMS for trying to fix the game but , does no one actually play the game to make sure it's OK before releasing the patch ?
To top it all silverstone is still not fixed ( no mention in patch 10)
Maybe it was just bad luck last night , but maybe SMS should consider some free DLC content as a good will gesture to all the faithful fans who not only bought the game in good will but also all the dlc content (so we actually pay your wages )

That last phrase is a bit over the top imo....everyone's wages are payed by performing some kind of "service"... should we perform that "service" for free (no matter for what reason) the economy would fall to pieces....
You're really talking about compensation for something that isn't affecting everyone so it would be a very bad business descision on SMS's behalf to give away free bees to all who bought the game...
Nice try but no dice i'm affraid :cool:

Silraed
25-03-2016, 15:21
but maybe SMS should consider some free DLC content as a good will gesture to all the faithful fans who not only bought the game in good will but also all the dlc content (so we actually pay your wages )

Something like the monthly free cars that they by no means were obligated to give us in the first place?

I'm not saying there are no issues in the game btw.

maxx69
25-03-2016, 16:01
That last phrase is a bit over the top imo....everyone's wages are payed by performing some kind of "service"... should we perform that "service" for free (no matter for what reason) the economy would fall to pieces....
You're really talking about compensation for something that isn't affecting everyone so it would be a very bad business descision on SMS's behalf to give away free bees to all who bought the game...
Nice try but no dice i'm affraid :cool:

I know what you're saying but come on , I've supported this game since the beginning , avoiding much of the negative views but this game should be working better than this now ?
Yes and all the deniers jump on me for being honest and no I didn't say I expect people to work for free but I expect that when I purchase something for it to at least work in the way advertised ....is that wrong ?
By purchasing items I do actually in turn pay the wages of the makers .
I can't make a door for someone and for it to never open and expect to get paid .
I'm dissapointed in the product that I want to play , but our race forum has stopped racing because of the disappointment of disconnects and endless bugs .
You guys who say you are happy with the game as it is are astounding ...I can't understand it .
It's my right to be annoyed and to expect some compensation as a thank you for buying our product even though it's not worked properly since day one and faithfully trusting that one day it will.
I'm sure this will be deleted and a infraction or ban put my way for saying the truth.
The truth is , is that the patches are stopping and the game still isn't working in a way I see as satisfactory.
It's not that I dislike the game or want to stop playing it , I love the game it's what I've waited for for years on console.
I've invested not only in the game and all dlc but also wheel , pedals , shifter , apps , seat etc etc .
I've always stood by this game but I'm also disheartened and beginning to feel that it's not ever going to work .
It's certainly not bad business to look after loyal customers who you want to come back and spend more money

Konan
25-03-2016, 16:13
I know what you're saying but come on , I've supported this game since the beginning , avoiding much of the negative views but this game should be working better than this now ?
Yes and all the deniers jump on me for being honest and no I didn't say I expect people to work for free but I expect that when I purchase something for it to at least work in the way advertised ....is that wrong ?
By purchasing items I do actually in turn pay the wages of the makers .
I can't make a door for someone and for it to never open and expect to get paid .
I'm dissapointed in the product that I want to play , but our race forum has stopped racing because of the disappointment of disconnects and endless bugs .
You guys who say you are happy with the game as it is are astounding ...I can't understand it .
It's my right to be annoyed and to expect some compensation as a thank you for buying our product even though it's not worked properly since day one and faithfully trusting that one day it will.
I'm sure this will be deleted and a infraction or ban put my way for saying the truth.
The truth is , is that the patches are stopping and the game still isn't working in a way I see as satisfactory.
It's not that I dislike the game or want to stop playing it , I love the game it's what I've waited for for years on console.
I've invested not only in the game and all dlc but also wheel , pedals , shifter , apps , seat etc etc .
I've always stood by this game but I'm also disheartened and beginning to feel that it's not ever going to work .
It's certainly not bad business to look after loyal customers who you want to come back and spend more money

I don't think you're going to get banned for stating your opinion wether someone agrees with it or not....
I happen to disagree but that is solely due to the fact that i don't play online and therefore do not encounter the issues...(there are in fact people without them)
About the free stuff...I care to differ for the reasons i stated before...it is too bad the issues still exist but that is still no reason for a company to give things away (other than the free cars as Silraed already stated) besides,the disconnections are still being worked on...

25-03-2016, 16:47
Giving free cars is the very least they could do. I don't treat the free cars as 'gifts', more like something expected and compensation for all the bugs/workarounds & stress I have to deal with every time I click Play. You don't play PCars the way you want to play it, you play PCars the way it wants you to play it.

Those who say "I have no issues with the game at all" are either playing 100% offline, fanboy, delusional, in denial, play ONLY PCars so they don't know what bugs look like even though they see it.

maxx69
25-03-2016, 16:52
I don't think you're going to get banned for stating your opinion wether someone agrees with it or not....
I happen to disagree but that is solely due to the fact that i don't play online and therefore do not encounter the issues...(there are in fact people without them)
About the free stuff...I care to differ for the reasons i stated before...it is too bad the issues still exist but that is still no reason for a company to give things away (other than the free cars as Silraed already stated) besides,the disconnections are still being worked on...

I only play online and try to organize events for our community as our forum has abandoned PCars because of the issues .
Whatever your opinion on some sort of compensation for paid for dlc which you can't play online isn't really the point.
The point is I feel let down after loyally purchasing dlc and the game ....and now the patches are stopping and the game is still far from functioning properly.
Patch 10 looks like not much more than a bedding for more money making dlc and not a lot else .
I'm a little teasy right now and will probably go online tonight and things will play out better.
Don't jump on the SMS protection band wagon ...it's just sad .
Everyone I play with 100's of guys all suffer game ruining bugs during races ....yes work is being done on trying to sort the disconnection issues...but that's the tip of the iceberg.
If you don't play online then you don't know what I'm talking about ....and anyone who says they don't suffer these bugs etc are lying or don't play the game .
Please send me your address and I'll come and do some work for you , leave it unfinished, not working as I said it would , you can pay me and expect me not to compensate you for the incomplete, unsatisfactory and shoddy work

Konan
25-03-2016, 16:53
Giving free cars is the very least they could do. I don't treat the free cars as 'gifts', more like something expected and compensation for all the bugs/workarounds & stress I have to deal with every time I click Play. You don't play PCars the way you want to play it, you play PCars the way it wants you to play it.

Those who say "I have no issues with the game at all" are either playing 100% offline, fanboy, delusional, in denial, play ONLY PCars so they don't know what bugs look like even though they see it.

I think you need to get a grip...the free cars are a gift (hence the "free").... Hell the DLC's are almost gifts with the prices they sell them for!
And i already stated i play offline...

Konan
25-03-2016, 16:57
I only play online and try to organize events for our community as our forum has abandoned PCars because of the issues .
Whatever your opinion on some sort of compensation for paid for dlc which you can't play online isn't really the point.
The point is I feel let down after loyally purchasing dlc and the game ....and now the patches are stopping and the game is still far from functioning properly.
Patch 10 looks like not much more than a bedding for more money making dlc and not a lot else .
I'm a little teasy right now and will probably go online tonight and things will play out better.
Don't jump on the SMS protection band wagon ...it's just sad .
Everyone I play with 100's of guys all suffer game ruining bugs during races ....yes work is being done on trying to sort the disconnection issues...but that's the tip of the iceberg.
If you don't play online then you don't know what I'm talking about ....and anyone who says they don't suffer these bugs etc are lying or don't play the game .
Please send me your address and I'll come and do some work for you , leave it unfinished, not working as I said it would , you can pay me and expect me not to compensate you for the incomplete, unsatisfactory and shoddy work

Who said patches are stopping?
Support will continue are the exact words i read on this forum....
I'm not protecting anyone by the way...you have your opinion based on your experiences...i have mine...nothing to do with fanboy whatsoever

beetes_juice
25-03-2016, 16:57
If you guys are fed up with the game why not just drop it if its causing such issues? Go play something else, its that simple.

*Internet never ceases to amaze me.

maxx69
25-03-2016, 17:04
If you guys are fed up with the game why not just drop it if its causing such issues? Go play something else, its that simple.

*Internet never ceases to amaze me.

Here come the fanboys .

maxx69
25-03-2016, 17:06
I think you need to get a grip...the free cars are a gift (hence the "free").... Hell the DLC's are almost gifts with the prices they sell them for!
And i already stated i play offline...

If you play offline , why do you feel you need to comment about online play ?

Konan
25-03-2016, 17:09
If you play offline , why do you feel you need to comment about online play ?

Ehm...i'm commenting on your quote about getting free DLC?

beetes_juice
25-03-2016, 17:11
Here come the fanboys .

Fanboy or not that seems to be the simplest solution.

Silraed
25-03-2016, 17:12
Here come the fanboys .

No it is a valid question. If it causes you so much stress and anguish, why stick with it?

maxx69
25-03-2016, 17:19
No it is a valid question. If it causes you so much stress and anguish, why stick with it?

I've invested in the purchase of the game and dlc and I believed the game would work .
When Assetto corsa is released , I will drop it .
Why you guys feel the need to have this attitude about a game which hasn't worked since day one is strange .

maxx69
25-03-2016, 17:22
This forum is plagued with people in denial , who spend too much time talking about a game and less time playing it , if you played it more you'd feel the same as me ....and don't comment about offline ...that's not what I'm talking about here

Konan
25-03-2016, 17:43
This forum is plagued with people in denial , who spend too much time talking about a game and less time playing it , if you played it more you'd feel the same as me ....and don't comment about offline ...that's not what I'm talking about here

No...this forum is being plagued by people who keep on complaining,even after their issue has been agnoliged...nobody said there aren't any issues,everyone (yes even me the offline player) wants the issues to be resolved....
SMS is working on them (hence the cooperation with Sony)
After every patch there are some people who think they have the right to claim this or that,just because their needs weren't met...common practice these days...
I'm not talking about you personally because i DO think you have a valid point about the disconnections...all i'm saying is that SMS is aware of the problem (believe you me)....getting all winded up over it is not gonna resolve it quicker.

maxx69
25-03-2016, 17:49
No...this forum is being plagued by people who keep on complaining,even after their issue has been agnoliged...nobody said there aren't any issues,everyone (yes even me the offline player) wants the issues to be resolved....
SMS is working on them (hence the cooperation with Sony)
After every patch there are some people who think they have the right to claim this or that,just because their needs weren't met...common practice these days...
I'm not talking about you personally because i DO think you have a valid point about the disconnections...all i'm saying is that SMS is aware of the problem (believe you me)....getting all winded up over it is not gonna resolve it quicker.

Like I stated , I'm annoyed "at the moment". Trying to organize race events with PCars is very frustrating.I've said what I have to say and it won't change anything .

beetes_juice
25-03-2016, 18:15
FWIW, wasn't attempting to single you out max. May have came across that way since I posted after you but was just re-reading since my last rant in here.

Anyway, I've said this before, but online issues in any game seem to bring the ugly out of us (not saying your post are not valid and needed). Maybe just give it a rest for a few days/weeks. Give the league a go again when your ready. May the pcars god's be shinning on you on your next attempt.

*Ignore if you are aware but PSN has had major issues this year. PSN confirmed something is up with the disconnects and are working on a fix: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45139-PS4-Connection-Issues-Discussion-Thread/page34

Ixoye56
25-03-2016, 18:20
When Assetto corsa is released , I will drop it .

What makes you think that Assetto Corsa will work flawlessly online? I recommend that you refrain to pre-order that game until you know the answer.

maxx69
25-03-2016, 18:45
What makes you think that Assetto Corsa will work flawlessly online? I recommend that you refrain to pre-order that game until you know the answer.

Here's hoping

snakehands
25-03-2016, 18:46

Could you summerise your online issues? I'm new to this game and want to organise some online stuff.

thanks in advance

RoccoTTS
25-03-2016, 18:56
Here's hoping

Like you hoped for Project CARS ?

By the way, a perfect working game (or software in general) as complex as this doesn't exist !
And if you think Assetto Corsa is gonna be flawless from start, you are very naive !

maxx69
25-03-2016, 19:47
I'm not commenting any more as I just received a infraction for the use of the word "fanboy" With the threat of a permanent one ...I'm so sorry for any anguish and suffering this word may have caused anyone .
Obviously I wasn't aware that could cause such offensive to anyone or I wouldn't have used it.
I'm really ,deeply , very , very sorry and will never make that terrible mistake again.
This isn't sarcastic , this is a real apology

maxx69
25-03-2016, 19:49
Could you summerise your online issues? I'm new to this game and want to organise some online stuff.

thanks in advance

Would love to , but I dare not

E_Luckow
25-03-2016, 19:50
By the way, the AC netcode for PC is still very problematic.

Maybe you should take a look at AC forum...and then tell me how peacefull it looks... (if you really believe its a bug free sim)

maxx69
25-03-2016, 19:55
By the way, the AC netcode for PC is still very problematic.

Maybe you should take a look at AC forum...and then tell me how peacefull it looks... (if you really believe its a bug free sim)

Did I say it was a bug free sim ? No
But thanks for the input

Mahjik
25-03-2016, 20:22
Just for full transparency, I talked to maxx69 offline but I think this is a good discussion for all.

We will NOT be tolerating calling anyone a name (doesn't matter if it's fanboy or anything else) who have a different perspective than your own. Just because some people aren't experiencing the same issues as you, that doesn't make them wrong or "fanboys".

maxx69
25-03-2016, 20:24

thanks in advance

If you go back (before I was mobbed for daring to say the game is flawed) and read my original comments you will see what the issue was ....read my first comment on patch 10 and then my revised 2ND comment which after trying to race .

Makes me laugh some of these guys just go around this forum "liking" mods comments and attacking anyone who has a real issue .

Schnizz58
25-03-2016, 20:30
Just for full transparency, I talked to maxx69 offline but I think this is a good discussion for all.

We will NOT be tolerating calling anyone a name (doesn't matter if it's fanboy or anything else) who have a different perspective than your own. Just because some people aren't experiencing the same issues as you, that doesn't make them wrong or "fanboys".
Fair enough and I agree completely. But please also recognize that it goes both ways. It is not helpful (and frankly quite irritating) when someone is having an issue and another player jumps into the conversation to point out that they aren't having that issue or to knight on behalf of SMS. That sort of behavior is what leads to the accusations of "fanboy".

maxx69
25-03-2016, 20:33

you are very naive !
I actually found this very offensive Mahjik , I take it an infraction will be issued as this was before you warning

Mahjik
25-03-2016, 20:35
Fair enough and I agree completely. But please also recognize that it goes both ways. It is not helpful (and frankly quite irritating) when someone is having an issue and another player jumps into the conversation to point out that they aren't having that issue or to knight on behalf of SMS. That sort of behavior is what leads to the accusations of "fanboy".

The forum supports an ignore function for those purposes. In some respectives, developers need that information as well. It helps identify if it's a wide spread issue, located to a specific platform or technology.

RoccoTTS
25-03-2016, 20:38
I actually found this very offensive Mahjik , I take it an infraction will be issued as this was before you warning

If you quote someone, please show the full quote and DON'T take it out of context please !

maxx69
25-03-2016, 20:38

you are very naive !

Konan
25-03-2016, 20:41

I guess that comment is directed at me?
I only stated some people don't have issues in regard of the request that SMS should give free DLC to all players...my point wasn't to diminish the issues at hand but to clarify that it would be ridiculous to give away free content if there are people who don't or almost don't have problems...

maxx69
25-03-2016, 20:42
If you quote someone, please show the full quote and DON'T take it out of context please !

How's it out of context, you clearly have insulted me by saying I'm "very naive" which in my opinion is far worse than calling someone a "fanboy"
I find that comment offensive

Schnizz58
25-03-2016, 20:43
I'm sorry Mahjik, that's no solution at all. To ignore a user presupposes that I know what he will say in the future. And also, it throws the baby out with the bathwater. I'm just saying that if you want to stop the effect you should also try to stop the cause.

Schnizz58
25-03-2016, 20:44
I guess that comment is directed at me?
I only stated some people don't have issues in regard of the request that SMS should give free DLC to all players...my point wasn't to diminish the issues at hand but to clarify that it would be ridiculous to give away free content if there are people who don't or almost don't have problems...
Absolutely not! It's not directed at any one person. I have no issue with your comment.

Konan
25-03-2016, 20:45
Absolutely not! It's not directed at any one person. I have no issue with your comment.

Sorry...my mistake then :cool:

RoccoTTS
25-03-2016, 20:47
How's it out of context, you clearly have insulted me by saying I'm "very naive" which in my opinion is far worse than calling someone a "fanboy"
I find that comment offensive
"You're very naive" is not the same as "And if you think Assetto Corsa is gonna be flawless from start, you are very naive"

Mahjik
25-03-2016, 20:49
I'm sorry Mahjik, that's no solution at all. To ignore a user presupposes that I know what he will say in the future. And also, it throws the baby out with the bathwater. I'm just saying that if you want to stop the effect you should also try to stop the cause.

There is a difference. I've been moderating forums since 1999 (started at the RX7Club), so I do know what I'm doing. People are free to comment, it's a public forum. People are free to debate. What needs to not happen is to put members into perceivably undesired social classes just because they do not share the same opinion. That is what's not tolerated.

I think we all understand that being called a "fanboy" is not an endorsement and is used to belittle others. That is a form of bullying and we don't allow it. Period. That is all on the subject. If there are further questions, please use the PM system.

Schnizz58
25-03-2016, 20:54
I've moderated a few forums too over the last dozen or so years but that's just as irrelevant as your experience. I'm not trying to tell you that you don't know what you're doing. Just offering some advice that taking away the matches might be more effective than putting out the fire. You're certainly free to ignore that advice since you've got it all figured out.

Some people think SMS can do no right. Some think SMS can do no wrong. Both are incorrect. Moderating one of those groups and not the other is unfair.

maxx69
25-03-2016, 20:58
One rule for one and another for the guys who mob the guy with a genuine issue.
None of these guys have even bothered to read my original posts .

Konan
25-03-2016, 21:06
One rule for one and another for the guys who mob the guy with a genuine issue.
None of these guys have even bothered to read my original posts .

I have...even went back and read them again...
Only thing i started to comment about was your quote about you paying SMS's wages...
Your opinion against my opinion...without establishing who's wrong or right...
Both with valid points imo...difference is that you started calling people names...
which was uncalled for imho...even if it didn't offend me (can't speak for anyone else though)

maxx69
25-03-2016, 21:30
I have...even went back and read them again...
Only thing i started to comment about was your quote about you paying SMS's wages...
Your opinion against my opinion...without establishing who's wrong or right...
Both with valid points imo...difference is that you started calling people names...
which was uncalled for imho...even if it didn't offend me (can't speak for anyone else though)

This has gone on long enough for me , maybe if you guys spent less time on here attacking people with criticisms about the game and more time playing it you'd see what I was saying ...just an idea
I was offended by the "naive" comment and would like that personal attack on me dealt with in the same manor as I was .
Like I've said I'll leave you guys here bickering over how flawless the game is and I'm going to get in my rig and play the actual game .....try it

maxx69
25-03-2016, 21:34
Sorry just too add .....I do in turn pay their wages , as I purchase their products, along with everyone else .
That's not an opinion, it's a fact

Konan
25-03-2016, 21:34
This has gone on long enough for me , maybe if you guys spent less time on here attacking people with criticisms about the game and more time playing it you'd see what I was saying ...just an idea
I was offended by the "naive" comment and would like that personal attack on me dealt with in the same manor as I was .
Like I've said I'll leave you guys here bickering over how flawless the game is and I'm going to get in my rig and play the actual game .....try it

For what it's worth...I hope you have a flawless session...

Mahjik
25-03-2016, 23:07
And due to certain people who cannot move forward, this thread is closed..