PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G920 Xbox One

DOGHOT1976
16-03-2016, 10:36
I have had a G920 for a little while now. I have been having a play with the force feedback settings mainly using the "master scale" to increase the resistance that i want .However when running over kerbs the wheel rattles really loudly. Is this a characteristic of the G920 or is there somwthing wrong. If it is normal is there anyway of getting rid of it? Thanks

Pcars
16-03-2016, 11:03
I have had a G920 for a little while now. I have been having a play with the force feedback settings mainly using the "master scale" to increase the resistance that i want .However when running over kerbs the wheel rattles really loudly. Is this a characteristic of the G920 or is there somwthing wrong. If it is normal is there anyway of getting rid of it? Thanks

If it is of any help mine does the same but I have the G29 but a friend of mine has the G920 and his also does this. It would be interesting to see if it is just a characteristic or not.

DOGHOT1976
16-03-2016, 11:27
If it is of any help mine does the same but I have the G29 but a friend of mine has the G920 and his also does this. It would be interesting to see if it is just a characteristic or not.

So its not just me then? I dont remember it doing it when i first had it. Its really starting to irritate me know.

Pcars
16-03-2016, 12:23
So its not just me then? I dont remember it doing it when i first had it. Its really starting to irritate me know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6fJnvNYohQ&feature=youtu.be&t=1035

would it be like this noise?

gazza1101
16-03-2016, 13:28

would it be like this noise?. I have a g920, they all do it, the last Logitech wheels also do it, I don't really notice it often and sometimes think it adds to the game�� Takes some time to get it how you like it but I really like mine having had a Thrustmaster Tx before it.

BullWinkle
16-03-2016, 14:31

Try reducing `Tire Force` try 70-80 if you have it currently at 100+
:)

DOGHOT1976
16-03-2016, 15:31

would it be like this noise?

Yeah it is. Must be normal then. It drives me mad will change to a thrustmaster when money allows .Thanks for all the responses .

bradleyland
16-03-2016, 19:44
Yeah it is. Must be normal then. It drives me mad will change to a thrustmaster when money allows .Thanks for all the responses .

It is, indeed, normal. All gear driven wheels will make this noise. It's caused by gear lash, which is the slack between the gears. If you eliminate gear lash entirely, you end up with too much friction, resulting in gear wear.

Back in the day, there were mods to the G29 that reduce the amount of noise though. I'm not sure if those mods work on the G920. When I had a gear driven wheel, I was always a little worried about modding it, because I read about people who broke things in the process, or did the mod incorrectly resulting in melted gears, etc. So take care if you decide to go that route.

Shogun613
17-03-2016, 04:53
I don't know why people are so concerned about the noise, to me it just kind of adds to the experience, because from what I understand, driving a race car is a very visceral experience, from the extreme noise, heat, and vibration - especially with the rumble strips at Road America...