PDA

View Full Version : Usb number pad for extra buttons

Chaospunx
17-03-2016, 11:34
I purchased a usb number pad to use as extra buttons for mapping actions to but I can't get it to work the ps4 recognises the pad and I can use it to type numbers into messages or on any text page but when I try to map a button to and action in the pcars menu it just says multiple inputs detected anyone know what I'm doing wrong or do I need to use a key pad instead of a number pad
Cheers
Phil

Sum Dixon-Ear
17-03-2016, 12:13
I was using a numpad (see below) which worked perfectly, no issues with mapping buttons, have you tried using it with Num Lock on and off to see whether that helps?

Chaospunx
17-03-2016, 21:14
No will have a play cheers mate

Loki C346
18-03-2016, 12:42
I was using a numpad (see below) which worked perfectly, no issues with mapping buttons, have you tried using it with Num Lock on and off to see whether that helps?

Are you able to map seat controls to that? I tried connecting a regular keyboard and mapped seat fwd/back/up/down to 2/4/6/8, but when I use the keys in the game it only looks up/down/left/right. I tried toggling num lock but it didn't change. I really want to get a mini keypad but there's no point if four of the keys are forever tied to view controls.

Sum Dixon-Ear
18-03-2016, 14:39
I'm not sure about seat controls as I only used it for KERS, DRS and other race functions. I think I've read that you can't though, sorry.

Chaospunx
19-03-2016, 11:04
Tried toggling the num lock on and off no difference just says multiple inputs detected real shame as it's the perfect size don't really want to go full keyboard size I've not tried mapping the seat buttons to it

Sum Dixon-Ear
19-03-2016, 11:38
Strange, which commands are you trying to map? Sounds like a conflict somewhere.

I picked up one of these to do away with using a full keyboard -

Ray Pim
19-03-2016, 12:06
I have the same issue, and I think it's PCars related.

I use a Numeric keypad, it has NO numlock and is listed as functioning as numbers only.
Here it is:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Targus-AKP10EU-Numeric-Keypad-Number/dp/B002Q4Y4WS/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1458392445&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=numeric+keypad+Targum

It's listed as ONLY functioning as numbers, has NO shortcut features, NO num lock etc...

I CAN map 2/4/6/8 to features such as seat movement etc..

However, when I press either 2/4/6/8 the game performs the mapped movement (seat adjustment) AND also behaves as if I am pressing up/down/left/right.

So if I move my seat forward, the driver looks up AND the seat moves forward at the same. If I move the seat backward the seat moves back AND the driver looks down...

It's a real pain as it seems PCars is auto registering 2/4/6/8 on the num pad as look up/down/left/right as well as numerical inputs?

Chaospunx
22-03-2016, 07:13
Have now also tried a full size keyboard same thing happens just says multiple inputs detected driving me mad might launch the game without the steering wheel connected see if this makes any difference

ports
22-03-2016, 19:16
Have now also tried a full size keyboard same thing happens just says multiple inputs detected driving me mad might launch the game without the steering wheel connected see if this makes any difference

I've had the same issue with multiple inputs detected , What solved it for me was going to quick race weekend leave the pits then quit go back to the menu and set your key board up sounds strange but worked for me.

SGETI
22-03-2016, 19:39
have a look here. The 2 4 6 8 are pre assigned and cannot be changed. Info for key pad and key boards.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?34275-Keyboard-compatibility-Share-your-experience

Chaospunx
23-03-2016, 05:29
Ok update on this I launched the game without the steering wheel connected and it worked fine could map actions to buttons on the number pad so assigned a few and saved it quit the game and relaunched with the steering wheel and all the buttons I had mapped had dissapead and it would not work but looking more like a wheel problem rather than a pcars issue does a wheel constantly register a button press that's why the multiple presses detected warning shows up wheel is a t100
Cheers
Phil

Chaospunx
23-03-2016, 05:30
I've had the same issue with multiple inputs detected , What solved it for me was going to quick race weekend leave the pits then quit go back to the menu and set your key board up sounds strange but worked for me.

Cheers mate will give this a go tonight

JohnSchoonsBeard
23-03-2016, 14:50
Ok update on this I launched the game without the steering wheel connected and it worked fine could map actions to buttons on the number pad so assigned a few and saved it quit the game and relaunched with the steering wheel and all the buttons I had mapped had dissapead and it would not work but looking more like a wheel problem rather than a pcars issue does a wheel constantly register a button press that's why the multiple presses detected warning shows up wheel is a t100
Cheers
Phil

The game supports multiple settings for different controllers.

When you load the game with a controller and then make changes it saves them just for when you're playing worth a controller. The setup for wheel is independent. That allows people who swap between controller and wheel to keep settings for both methods. The controller cannot be used when driving if the wheel is in use. You need to configure the settings and keyboard shortcuts with the wheel on.

Also don't map the keys listed above as they are hard coded into the game.

I use a cheap Bluetooth keyboard on the PS4 which gives me the advantage of enabling the free movement menu in Project Cars using Ctrl-k for taking pictures, getting funky angles for replays.