PDA

View Full Version : Inverted grid in Pcars? Yes, its possible!!!

Grijo
17-03-2016, 13:18
Good morning to all. I want to share an experience that I made yesterday. Me and two friends of mine are hosting a Project Cars Brazilian championship. And Im responsible for the month calendar. And I always kept thinking about a GT3 championship with the following structure: 15 minutes of qualifying, first race with 25 minutes. And now the "impossible": second race with 25 minutes, no qualifying, INVERTED GRID. It is possible to make that? YES, with an workaround. I dont know if this was written before but I have never read that. So, here we go.

Lets consider the pilots A, B, C, D and E. In the first race, they finished in that order:
A 1st;
D 2nd;
B 3rd;
E 4th;
C 5th.

Now, the workaround:

- The pilot A open a new lobby;
- He will call the other pilots in the same finish order, D, B, E and C.
- Set 05 minutes for qualifying. NOBODY CAN LEAVE THE PITS, thats the important part. Nobody can set times, just wait the time ends.
- By starting the race , the grid will be reversed. Will be as follows: C 1st, E 2nd, B 3rd, D 4th and A 5th.

I hope you enjoy and I expect that can be useful for some who is hosting championships. Im on PS4, and I tested this with 09 pilots. Worked. I dont know in another plataforms.

PS: Sorry about any mistakes in my english.

Sankyo
17-03-2016, 13:29
Nice find.

Grijo
17-03-2016, 13:48
Nice find.

Thanks Mr. Remco. I think that better than this, only if I could eat some coleslaw right now :D

cluck
17-03-2016, 13:53
Indeed. It's so elegantly simple and uses a process that some people are aware of (namely, the grid position is determined by the order in which you join the lobby, with the host always taking the 1st place spot) but I'm not sure it's been written down in such a clear manner before :).

Grijo
17-03-2016, 14:02
Indeed. It's so elegantly simple and uses a process that some people are aware of (namely, the grid position is determined by the order in which you join the lobby, with the host always taking the 1st place spot) but I'm not sure it's been written down in such a clear manner before :).

Thanks Cluck but, in fact, the host always start in last place, not first.

cluck
17-03-2016, 14:04
Thanks Cluck but, in fact, the host always start in last place, not first.Oh, it's always worked the other way round in every peer-to-peer race I've joined that didn't have a qualifying session. But, I must admit, that was quite some time ago now :o.

Grijo
17-03-2016, 14:07
Oh, it's always worked the other way round in every peer-to-peer race I've joined that didn't have a qualifying session. But, I must admit, that was quite some time ago now :o.

But thats the thing, you have to set a qualifying session, but nobody can leave the pits. You have to wait until the time ends.

Bealdor
17-03-2016, 14:09
But thats the thing, you have to set a qualifying session, but nobody can leave the pits. You have to wait until the time ends.

AFAIK if you leave out the Q session, the host starts first and the others according to the time they joined the lobby.

Grijo
17-03-2016, 14:15
AFAIK if you leave out the Q session, the host starts first and the others according to the time they joined the lobby.

Yeah, thats right. But if you set a qualifying session, you will see that the order of entry in the lobby will be inverted, with the host in last position. And, when qualifying session is over, if nobody did a flying lap, the grid will be inverted with the host in last.

FR-Alan
17-03-2016, 14:29
Intersesting. Have you tried in the lobby to skip the Qualif session ? (never known if it worked...)

Grijo
17-03-2016, 14:36
Intersesting. Have you tried in the lobby to skip the Qualif session ? (never known if it worked...)

Yeah, I tried. But the host will be placed at first and the rest will be inverted. You can use this to your favor to set grids to some tracks that not have pits and we are not able to do qualifying sessions. You tell to the pilots to set times in a certain track (Mojave, for example) and send the print screen of their time to you. The host has to be the pilot with the fastest lap because he will be the first when you enter the track. Then, call the other pilots in the inverse order because the other pilots will be in a inverted position when you enter the track.

FR-Alan
17-03-2016, 15:56
Maybe I don t get it but what you are saying is, when you are at this stage :

- Set 05 minutes for qualifying. NOBODY CAN LEAVE THE PITS, thats the important part. Nobody can set times, just wait the time ends.
That evrybody joined, i you skip the qualif session not to wait till the end of the 5 min you won t have that :

- By starting the race , the grid will be reversed. Will be as follows: C 1st, E 2nd, B 3rd, D 4th and A 5th.
??

Grijo
17-03-2016, 16:05
Maybe I don t get it but what you are saying is, when you are at this stage :

That evrybody joined, i you skip the qualif session not to wait till the end of the 5 min you won t have that :

??

Exactly. You have to wait until the end of the qualifying session or it wont work.

Mascot
17-03-2016, 19:20
All this faffing about when a simple 'random grid' option for multiplayer (you know, JUST LIKE THE ONE THAT ALREADY EXISTS IN SINGLE PLAYER) would solve the problem AND let us race on Silverstone Classic.

Come on, SMS. How hard can it be?

BigAlex
17-03-2016, 19:36
All of this should be programmed options of the game.

tmitch45
18-03-2016, 16:11
Thanks for posting but surely this cannot be that hard for SMS to implement can it?