PDA

View Full Version : 2 Dead T300's in a week or am I missing something?

Aletdownofstate
17-03-2016, 17:36
So I bought my T300 RS about a year ago and apart from the shitty pedals, it was fine. Last week the downshift paddle stopped working. I contacted Amazon (who to their credit where super helpful) and I had a replacement one with me the next day. This was the weekend just gone.

Now my replacement seemed fine, other than freezing in a PCars practice session on Monday evening (wheel locked at about 30 degrees to the right and both it and the pedals became unresponsive until I unplugged and re-plugged back in) and smelling a little funky which I assume is just dust getting warm.

It was completely fine during a practice session on Tuesday evening too.

Now I've gotten home from work and plugged it in to find it completely unresponsive. Doesn't reset/initialize itself on plugging in and the orange light does not turn on. This happens (or doesn't happen?) on both PS4 and PC. Tried both my power cords as I still haven't RMA'd my original one yet. Nothing. Changed plug socket. Nothing. Tested the USB ports on my PS4 to make sure they haven't randomly died, they're fine as are my PC ones. Tried the sockets in a different room, on my PS3. Nothing.

Inconvenient, but okay back on the phone to Amazon. Again their customer service has been great, they've arranged for DPD to collect both wheels and I'll have another replacement by the 19th (not super helpful for my league race on the 18th but what can you do?)

I figured okay then, I can use my old one and just struggle on with automatic gears for now until I get the new one. Which apparently now has the same problem and won't initialize. Went through all the same tests as this one and it somehow has the same fate.

Am I missing something really simple here or have I managed to have two T300 RS' die within the space of a week without even using them?

morpwr
17-03-2016, 17:48
So I bought my T300 RS about a year ago and apart from the shitty pedals, it was fine. Last week the downshift paddle stopped working. I contacted Amazon (who to their credit where super helpful) and I had a replacement one with me the next day. This was the weekend just gone.

Now my replacement seemed fine, other than freezing in a PCars practice session on Monday evening (wheel locked at about 30 degrees to the right and both it and the pedals became unresponsive until I unplugged and re-plugged back in) and smelling a little funky which I assume is just dust getting warm.

It was completely fine during a practice session on Tuesday evening too.

Now I've gotten home from work and plugged it in to find it completely unresponsive. Doesn't reset/initialize itself on plugging in and the orange light does not turn on. This happens (or doesn't happen?) on both PS4 and PC. Tried both my power cords as I still haven't RMA'd my original one yet. Nothing. Changed plug socket. Nothing. Tested the USB ports on my PS4 to make sure they haven't randomly died, they're fine as are my PC ones. Tried the sockets in a different room, on my PS3. Nothing.

Inconvenient, but okay back on the phone to Amazon. Again their customer service has been great, they've arranged for DPD to collect both wheels and I'll have another replacement by the 19th (not super helpful for my league race on the 18th but what can you do?)

I figured okay then, I can use my old one and just struggle on with automatic gears for now until I get the new one. Which apparently now has the same problem and won't initialize. Went through all the same tests as this one and it somehow has the same fate.

Am I missing something really simple here or have I managed to have two T300 RS' die within the space of a week without even using them?

Did you try going on thrustmasters site like youre trying to do the firmware update and see if it reconizes it? Just a thought.

thegt500
17-03-2016, 17:50
That's odd !!
What I've done (several times) is rebuild the database when I've had issues. It only seems to be pCARS that causes various, random issues such as control faults, sound issues and sometimes, when the game froze on the start-up screen !
Details of how to carry out a rebuild are here http://www.gadgethelpline.com/rebuild-sony-ps4-database/
Don't worry, you won't lose any game saves or progress. I now tend to carry out a rebuild after every patch from SMS just to make sure it'll run smoothly.

Aletdownofstate
17-03-2016, 17:51
id you try going on thrustmasters site like youre trying to do the firmware update and see if it reconizes it? Just a thought.

I haven't actually. It didn't recognize it as a USB device on my PC though, so I'm not sure what good it would do.

My old one has the current fw on as well.

I'll give it a go either way.

That's odd !!
What I've done (several times) is rebuild the database when I've had issues. It only seems to be pCARS that causes various, random issues such as control faults, sound issues and sometimes, when the game froze on the start-up screen !
Details of how to carry out a rebuild are here http://www.gadgethelpline.com/rebuil...-ps4-database/
Don't worry, you won't lose any game saves or progress. I now tend to carry out a rebuild after every patch from SMS just to make sure it'll run smoothly.

I'll give it a shot.

morpwr
17-03-2016, 17:53
I haven't actually. It didn't recognize it as a USB device on my PC though, so I'm not sure what good it would do.

My old one has the current fw on as well.

I'll give it a go either way.

Only thing I could think of. Worth a shot but I cant think of anything that would make 2 not even turn on.

Aletdownofstate
17-03-2016, 18:26
Rebuilding the database hasn't worked.

Neither of them are showing in Windows as USB devices. Changed the fuse in the plugs too just in case and same story.

ports
17-03-2016, 18:34
Is the wheel showing on your pc go to control panel then to device and printers is should show there when you connect the usb and plug ?

Aletdownofstate
17-03-2016, 18:37
Is the wheel showing on your pc go to control panel then to device and printers is should show there when you connect the usb and plug ?

Rebuilding the database hasn't worked.

Neither of them are showing in Windows as USB devices. Changed the fuse in the plugs too just in case and same story.

See above.

LeeGestuhl
18-03-2016, 11:28
Just to be sure, you have to switch the T300 in PS3 mode before connecting to the PC.
Otherwise it won't be recognized correctly...

wyldanimal
18-03-2016, 16:02
If you are Not Getting the Orange or Green MODE Light, then I suspect the Wheel has an Internal Power Issue.
There is a Power Supply inside the case.
The Power Cord Connects to it. ( laptops Use an External Power Brick for example, so does the G29 Wheel )
It goes bad.

I'd prefer an External Power Brick, that can be replaced as a separate Item..
with the Power Supply Internal, you have to send the Entire Base back for repairs.

Maybe I'll rip mine apart again, to see what the Output of the supply is..
If it's just a Single Voltage Output, then some simple wiring can make it an External Hook up.