PDA

View Full Version : A4 DTM and an Oval ?

techenix00
17-03-2016, 21:58
so this car was in the game before ?
and.. is that an oval track ?

why the A4 is been removed ? our AMG C-Coupe DTM doesnt have a friend :(

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
17-03-2016, 22:05
It's not the A4 DTM car, it was the Asano X4 car that was in the game before any licenses had been done. It was removed because it wasn't licensed and some companies would have taken offense to its existence.

DTM is such a hardass over modern DTM licensing that it's a real miracle even the Mercedes is in the game, and they didn't even allow racing liveries on it.

Ovals were worked on quite a lot, but none of them were finished, despite what anyone says. The reason they're not in the game even now is because the AI can't cope well enough on the ovals and the license owners don't want their tracks without all features present (so releasing them without AI support isn't an option).

Dorny
17-03-2016, 22:23
They never acquired the license from Audi and I think I remember someone even saying that Audi weren't to happy either with the badge less A4 DTM. So they had to completely remove it from the game.

Hiply
24-03-2016, 01:12
Yes, that's Indianapolis coming off turn 4 and heading down the main straight. Easily identified by the tall skinny black tower on the left. It has 33 light displays on all four sides to keep track of the 33 cars on the starting grid (at least, the days when that grid is actually full). The Pagoda has changed over the years but's still pretty iconic as well.

Azure Flare
24-03-2016, 07:15
Yes, that's Indianapolis coming off turn 4 and heading down the main straight. Easily identified by the tall skinny black tower on the left. It has 33 light displays on all four sides to keep track of the 33 cars on the starting grid (at least, the days when that grid is actually full). The Pagoda has changed over the years but's still pretty iconic as well.

http://charlessizemore.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2389930360_0e8b30113b_o.jpg

cluck
24-03-2016, 07:22
Funny how there's no mention of "is that Suzuka?" in the OP's post :D.

(In case anybody still doesn't know why we don't have Suzuka, as with some other development content, the license could not be acquired for it, so it was reworked to become the Sakitto track we have now)

havocc
24-03-2016, 08:18
Funny how there's no mention of "is that Suzuka?" in the OP's post :D.

(In case anybody still doesn't know why we don't have Suzuka, as with some other development content, the license could not be acquired for it, so it was reworked to become the Sakitto track we have now)

Gief ferris wheel back :(

cluck
24-03-2016, 08:24
Gief ferris wheel back :(Sadly, it won't be coming back :(. One of the devs already confirmed that it's a licensing problem - the owners of Suzuka took exception to it and, IIRC, the bridge on the S/F straight. Yes, it would be nice to have it back but we need to get used to the idea that it isn't coming back unless the Suzuka track owners say it's OK.

Silraed
24-03-2016, 09:24
Sadly, it won't be coming back :(. One of the devs already confirmed that it's a licensing problem - the owners of Suzuka took exception to it and, IIRC, the bridge on the S/F straight. Yes, it would be nice to have it back but we need to get used to the idea that it isn't coming back unless the Suzuka track owners say it's OK.

Heart breaking. The atmosphere it added to the night race experience there was amazing, I now find myself regretting not racing there more at night when the wheel was still in.

cluck
24-03-2016, 09:27
Heart breaking. The atmosphere it added to the night race experience there was amazing, I now find myself regretting not racing there more at night when the wheel was still in.Given the choice between not having the Ferris Wheel and not having the track at all, you can understand why it was removed :). Yes, it's sad to see it go but it's for understandable reasons :).

APR193
24-03-2016, 09:45
Given the choice between not having the Ferris Wheel and not having the track at all, you can understand why it was removed :). Yes, it's sad to see it go but it's for understandable reasons :).

Is there not a ferris wheel on the other side of the track (in game), just to the left of shot from op?

cluck
24-03-2016, 09:49
Is there not a ferris wheel on the other side of the track (in game), just to the left of shot from op?The OP's picture is from a build before the Sazuka-like circuit was removed for licensing reasons (it was Sazuka in all but name really). When the track was reworked to become the Sakitto track we had at release, the ferris wheel was simply moved to the new location. That, along with the bridge on the S/F straight, have been removed at the request of Sazuka's circuit owners as they were a little too close to comfort for them :).

EDIT : It was removed in the previous patch (patch 9.0) IIRC.

maurice-pascale
24-03-2016, 10:34
It's not the A4 DTM car, it was the Asano X4 car that was in the game before any licenses had been done. It was removed because it wasn't licensed and some companies would have taken offense to its existence.

DTM is such a hardass over modern DTM licensing that it's a real miracle even the Mercedes is in the game, and they didn't even allow racing liveries on it.

Ovals were worked on quite a lot, but none of them were finished, despite what anyone says. The reason they're not in the game even now is because the AI can't cope well enough on the ovals and the license owners don't want their tracks without all features present (so releasing them without AI support isn't an option).

But why have other sims ovals to race on? With AI!.......
for me this sounds just like lack of ability at SMS studio for doing it right......
There are so much HARD reported bugs ingame which arent fixed over a year now......the cockpit sound bug, the cockpit night and day lighting ( at day the cockpit is at some tracks to dark- the night is not dark enough and all those much reported things).......
ohh and the replays.....still not any interest..
also with the patch 10, people thought of the long waiting time we get a big fixing patch and all we get is nothing......

it is how it is....they arent interested anymore at fixing and working for this game......why should they....Pcars2 is the only thing which can bring more money and the GOTY edition....game of the year edition for something which still feels like a unfinished beta....

and i always thought they wanted to add new tracks into the game.....for me the only new Real track is ruapuna park....all others are self made or not real.....and with new licenses we got just this corvette....ONLY THIS ONE CORVETTE......and with the aston martin license they bring us 4 times the same and most boring Aston martin on earth....THE VANTAGE.....there are so damn nice astons and Mclarens and all other brands which are in game........this just shows they dont want to spend money and time for their community....in all ways...

we got so much versions of a same car, would be no problem when it would be a great car...but its always the most boring and ugly car of this car manufacturer...

i liked the game....but all this none interest and just throwing lot of shit in the game dont interest me anymore......they always do a show for the cars like "the corvette and the new mercedes amg" like it is the best thing on earth.....but in real its just sad.....

Assetto corsa got all of those things and much more...the replays there are a reason for me to buy it.....i just heared them on youtube with a mobile phone sound and couldnt get enough of it...cant wait to hear it with my DTS headphonse when playing it..........
..it got almost the same ammount of tracks and same cars...better brands......ok ghraphic isnt the best, but i must say WHO CARES, when this is the only thing which Pcars got, then i say GOOD FOR YOU.....

its just sad.....i dont naturally dislike Pcars....the game made me to it after a year.....in real there happened absolute nothing.......And when someone says its not true because of all the big patches, then i must say NOOOOOO....it just shows how unfinished the game was and still is!!

what the hell...is it now daily routine that developers arent able to do their job??!!! Its just pathedic....a game which is so damn unfinished ....thats not an excuse for it.....a shame that this is natural these days, to bring a unfinished game on the market and the arent abl to fix everything.........but these days game developers get payed for doing just half a work and unfinished....

it is how it is....they

cluck
24-03-2016, 10:45
Yeah, you're right, the devs have completely given up on pCARS1 :rolleyes:.

They are busy working on the Oculus support to make that as good as it can be at launch in a few days. After that, they have confirmed they will be working on getting HTC Vive support added. Then there's today's posts from Ian Bell and Andy Garton about making modding support a little easier. No, you're right, they've totally given up and completely moved on to pCARS2.

Is the game perfect? No. But there are things that simply cannot or will not be fixed in it (either due to cost constraints or the risk of it breaking other areas) and that's all there is to it.

Calling the developers unable to do their job on their own forum - which they pay for - is pushing it.

As for "it shows how unfinished the game was and still is", you need to take your blinkers off for a minute and look at the work that still goes into patching other racing sims (for some, many years after release). Lots of games don't get updates not because they don't have bugs but because the developers either cannot afford the time to fix them or are not allowed to due to studio pressure.

Sankyo
24-03-2016, 11:12
is it now daily routine that developers arent able to do their job??!!!
I think that you have no idea what their job involves, what it means to make very complex software in a race against the clock and with limited resources, while a fact of programming life is that nothing ever can be bug-free.

palerider
24-03-2016, 14:40
for me this sounds just like lack of ability at SMS studio for doing it right......
There are so much HARD reported bugs ingame which arent fixed over a year now......the cockpit sound bug, the cockpit night and day lighting ( at day the cockpit is at some tracks to dark- the night is not dark enough and all those much reported things).......
also with the patch 10, people thought of the long waiting time we get a big fixing patch and all we get is nothing......

it is how it is....they arent interested anymore at fixing and working for this game......why should 8they....Pcars2 is the only thing which can bring more money and the GOTY edition....game of the year edition for something which still feels like a unfinished beta....

and i always thought they wanted to add new tracks into the game.....for me the only new Real track is ruapuna park....all others are self made or not real.....and with new licenses we got just this
corvette....ONLY THIS ONE CORVETTE......and with the aston martin license they bring us 4 times the same and most boring Aston martin on earth....THE VANTAGE.....there are so damn nice astons and Mclarens and all other brands which are in game........this just shows they dont want to spend money and time for their community....in all ways...

we got so much versions of a same car, would be no problem when it would be a great car...but its always the most boring and ugly car of this car manufacturer...

i liked the game....but all this none interest and just throwing lot of shit in the game dont interest me anymore......they always do a show for the cars like "the corvette and the new mercedes amg" like it is the best thing on earth.....but in real its just sad.....

Assetto corsa got all of those things and much more...the replays there are a reason for me to buy it.....i just heared them on youtube with a mobile phone sound and couldnt get enough of it...cant wait to hear it with my DTS headphonse when playing it..........
..it got almost the same ammount of tracks and same cars...better brands......ok ghraphic isnt the best, but i must say WHO CARES, when this is the only thing which Pcars got, then i say GOOD FOR YOU.....

its just sad.....i dont naturally dislike Pcars....the game made me to it after a year.....in real there happened absolute nothing.......And when someone says its not true because of all the big patches, then i must say NOOOOOO....it just shows how unfinished the game was and still is!!

what the hell...is it now daily routine that developers arent able to do their job??!!! Its just pathedic....a game which is so damn unfinished ....thats not an excuse for it.....a shame that this is natural these days, to bring a unfinished game on the market and the arent abl to fix everything.........but these days game developers get payed for doing just half a work and unfinished....

it is how it is....they
I'd swear it was u that said u were done with this game many many months ago. Why u still
come here and make urself look a fool?

Sankyo
24-03-2016, 14:47
I'd swear it was u that said u were done with this game many many months ago. Why u still
come here and make urself look a fool?
Even if you disagree with a posting, please don't lower yourself (and the forum) by calling names.

CPU M Rossi
24-03-2016, 15:04

it is how it is....they arent interested anymore at fixing and working for this game......why should they....Pcars2 is the only thing which can bring more money and the GOTY edition....game of the year edition for something which still feels like a unfinished beta....

and i always thought they wanted to add new tracks into the game.....for me the only new Real track is ruapuna park....all others are self made or not real.....and with new licenses we got just this corvette....ONLY THIS ONE CORVETTE......and with the aston martin license they bring us 4 times the same and most boring Aston martin on earth....THE VANTAGE.....there are so damn nice astons and Mclarens and all other brands which are in game........this just shows they dont want to spend money and time for their community....in all ways...

it is how it is....they

well Forza has ovals but the AI driving on those ovals are horrible in anything with a lot of speed, like for example a lmp car where you can be flat out all the way around Indy well over 200mph the AI brakes for the turns even tho the car has the ability to go flat out. Now I did find cars the AI in Forza were good in on a oval & would run flat out and a couple of those were the classic VW Beetle also the Smart Car but I doubt many people would want to run at around 100mph around Indy.