PDA

View Full Version : T300 Pedals vs T3PA vs T3PA Pro

ralphy0502
18-03-2016, 17:08
Hi All,

So i have a t300 wheel and as most of us know the pedals are terrible, the pedals plates discoloured after about an hour of playing, the pedals squeak and there isn't really any decent feel in the pedals.

So my question is, how much better are the T3PA over the standard t300 pedals?

Also, is it worth spending more and going for the T3PA Pro rather than T3PA?

I know the T3PA Pro is basically a slightly different colour version of the t500 pedals.... I have used the T500 pedals once but that was some 3 years ago so can't remember what they were like!

Sasquatch
18-03-2016, 17:45
Yeah, the T300 pedals are awful. I wish there was some sort of carpet grip, because those things just slide around. That was annoying.

I upgraded to the Pro pedals, and they're incredible with the conical brake mod that comes with it. The clutch/gas pedal could use more resistance, I have read about upgrading the springs which would void warranty... I think it's worth it because now I have pedals that actually have weight, and decent resistance to them.

Only thing I can point out with them, not sure if the T500's were different or I have a weird set. I tried inverting them, and only the two screws for the steel plate closest to the pedals would align. The other two holes at the bottom are a full inch off and I do not want to drill into it... Not sure what to do about that other than just run the "F1 style"

Schnizz58
18-03-2016, 18:49
I think it's worth it to spend more money to get the Pro pedals only because it allows you to spend even more money on the load cell mod. That mod is the single best thing I've done to my rig.

bradleyland
18-03-2016, 20:18
I think it's worth it to spend more money to get the Pro pedals only because it allows you to spend even more money on the load cell mod. That mod is the single best thing I've done to my rig.

Bodin makes a load cell mod for the T3PA pedals now too :)

http://www.bodin-solutions.com/BLC-T3PA/p1644578_15489765.aspx

That was a big factor when I went with the T300RS Ferrari 599XX Alcantara Combo over piecing together a wheel setup with separate purchases.

EDIT: It's worth noting that he is out of stock for weeks at a time, but that's kind of the case for all Bodin's stuff.

Tez
18-03-2016, 22:03
The potentiometers on the t3pa pros are not very good,it's a shame really as the rest of the pedals are good and made of metal.My throttle has gone so will have to send them back.

Schnizz58
19-03-2016, 00:10
Bodin makes a load cell mod for the T3PA pedals now too :)
Looks like you can use it in the GT position as well (for the Pro pedal), which the Ricmotech mod can't do.

maxx69
19-03-2016, 12:53
Can't really say anything about the Pro's, but I upgraded to the T3PA pedals and for 70 they are excellent value .
The. Brake mod works perfectly .

ralphy0502
19-03-2016, 16:33
Thanks guys.

Are they perfect straight out the box? i.e i had a huge deadzone in the t300 pedals and had to manually adjust the pedometer to fix it.

Whats the build quality like on them? Do they squeak?

The t300 brake pedal sqeaks where theres so much olay in the pedals it rubs the sides everytime they are pressed.

ralphy0502
19-03-2016, 16:34
Also will they fix to a wheel stand pro?

Raeang
19-03-2016, 16:52
Also will they fix to a wheel stand pro?

yes they will!!!:applause:

ralphy0502
19-03-2016, 17:29
Nice! Thanks man

Tobes
19-03-2016, 18:21
Also will they fix to a wheel stand pro? The T3PA Pros will fix to the Wheel Stand Pro in the F1 style, but won't fix to it, in the GT style. but I know through Wheel Stand Pros, Facebook Page that they will have something ready soon for purchase, so you will be able to use them in the GT style.

maxx69
20-03-2016, 14:53
Thanks guys.

Are they perfect straight out the box? i.e i had a huge deadzone in the t300 pedals and had to manually adjust the pedometer to fix it.

The t300 brake pedal sqeaks where theres so much olay in the pedals it rubs the sides everytime they are pressed.

No squeak and no deadzone that I've noticed. You can change deadzones in the settings by the way :)
Fit the brake mod , configure and drive . One thing I will say is , that you need to stand on the brake when you first drive the car to set it. ....otherwise you'll make the same mistake I did and cause a few first corner apologies.
Everyone says the brake mod is to stiff , I don't think so . It shortens the travel and gives you a little stiffening at the end of travel. Set up properly this will help eliminating lock up .

bradleyland
20-03-2016, 18:54
First up, watch the Inside Sim Racing reviews for the T3PA and T3PA-Pro. They're comprehensive, and will give you a good look at the pedals up close:

T3PA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKmA0-9DECU

T3PA-Pro: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN5P42Jj6xY

Thanks guys.

Pefect? No, I wouldn't say so, but they're pretty good. Everything is relative though. What's perfect to me may not be perfect to you.

Fanatec's Clubsport V3 pedals are all metal, and beautifully constructed. They're pretty close to perfection out of the box, but they're also $300, and you'd still need a Basherboard CPX adapter ($55) to use them with the Thrustmaster wheel.

I haven't had any issues (deadzone or otherwise) with my T3PA pedals, but your mileage may vary.

Overall, I'd say much of the construction looks similar to the T300 pedals, but with a third pedal added. The T3PA (non-pro) pedals still contain a lot of plastic. Only the pedal faces and brake mod are metal. When I use them, I can feel some flex in the pedals. One upside is that the conical brake mod is mounted to a metal bracket, and is mounted more than half way up the brake pedal lever, which reduces the flex compared to a lot of the mods I've seen for the stock T300 pedals.

I haven't had much squeeking, but my throttle will occasionally squeak a bit. Keep in mind, I've read about squeaking with every set of pedals, including the Fanatec Clubsports.

Personally, I think they're a good value at $99. The T3PA-Pro pedals are a nice step up at $150-ish, and have more metal parts. So, your price/quality tiers are:

$99 - T3PA - Mostly plastic construction, but includes conical brake mod.
$150 - T3PA-Pro - More metal components, and can be mounted "GT" style, where the pedals hing at the top. Requires more space than the T3PA pedals though.
$300 - Fanatec Clubsport V3 Pedals - All machined metal construction. About as nice as you can get without going full-automotive quality components.

Choose your tier. The quality scales with the price in this case.

nelsdvn
27-03-2016, 12:37
The T3PA Pros will fix to the Wheel Stand Pro in the F1 style, but won't fix to it, in the GT style. but I know through Wheel Stand Pros, Facebook Page that they will have something ready soon for purchase, so you will be able to use them in the GT style.

I just installed my T3PA-PRO pedals to my Wheel Stand Pro in the GT style yesterday. There were two holes on the stand floor that aligned with the two holes on the base (top bar in F1 style) of the pedals in the GT configuration. Both items were bought within the last month so perhaps there has been a change.

pavano
27-03-2016, 12:47
and you'd still need a Basherboard CPX adapter ($55) to use them with the Thrustmaster wheel.

how well does this adapter work?
Is the ABS vibration directly translated from the FFB?

gotdirt410sprintcar
27-03-2016, 12:51
This is how I got mine. I used u bolts to hold pedals in place, And used the bar and a longer bolt tohold wood piece in place that's bolted more towards the front

2pfspiff
27-03-2016, 13:49
I just installed my T3PA-PRO pedals to my Wheel Stand Pro in the GT style yesterday. There were two holes on the stand floor that aligned with the two holes on the base (top bar in F1 style) of the pedals in the GT configuration. Both items were bought within the last month so perhaps there has been a change.

Can you send a pick asto what you did to get them to mount in the GT setup?

nelsdvn
27-03-2016, 20:28
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nlwra1qart0p6dp/IMG_2709.JPG?raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fc3aez05x9uzzbg/IMG_2711.JPG?raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/775572x97z1xzve/IMG_2708.JPG?raw=1
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1cvxxgy0m77a50/IMG_2710.JPG?raw=1

Can you send a pick asto what you did to get them to mount in the GT setup?

nelsdvn
29-03-2016, 11:14
images fixed. not rotated correctly but you can turn your head...

and I just realized that the Wheel Stand Pro is not what I have. Sorry for the confusion and false hope...

Mauler_77
21-07-2016, 10:10
This is how I got mine. I used u bolts to hold pedals in place, And used the bar and a longer bolt tohold wood piece in place that's bolted more towards the front

Is that a regular WSP V2 or the Deluxe stand? I believe the deluxe stand is wider and the pedals may not fit on the narrower V2 (which I have). Also how is it fixed underneath? On WSP YouTube they have a silver bar that screws in underneath. Thanks.

ricmotech
19-09-2016, 02:57
Looks like you can use it in the GT position as well (for the Pro pedal), which the Ricmotech mod can't do.

Quite the contrary, the Ricmotech load cell works in both positions and without any external parts there is no risk of stepping on it and damaging it.