PDA

View Full Version : 24H race

1lambofan
18-03-2016, 20:52
So my dad and i are about to do 24H of spa, is there anything we need to worry about damage not being fixed, breaking down in pits etc...

Thanks in advance!

Fanapryde
18-03-2016, 21:03
If you have flags and penalties enabled, worry about that...
Really.
For endurance races I always disable them because you are bound to get a DSQ sooner or later, mainly because AI is forcing you to cut track...or just pushes you off track...

Shadowoff
18-03-2016, 21:13
So my dad and i are about to do 24H of spa, is there anything we need to worry about damage not being fixed, breaking down in pits etc...

Thanks in advance!

All kind of damage can be repaired. And how Fanapryde already told you, turn off penalties. And dont run out of fuel! I guess your driving GT3, so try to make 1h stints. Pay attention to the AI. I dont know how fast you drive, but they are really slow in Eau Rouge, Blanchimont and are aggressive at the bus stop and La Source. They almost smash you into the wall at La Source... Dont forget that your engine can also blow up. Use a little more open radiotor. I guess thats all you need to worry about :)

kevin kirk
18-03-2016, 22:19
If its just you,your dad, and the AI just turn the damage and rules ( I leave flags on) off. Saves you the head ache of dealing with things that basically suck the fun out of it. It gets kind of nerve wrecking so try keep in mind that your going to be at the limit of pushing what console and most PCs can do for 24 hours. So don't get to bent out of shape and run your head thur the TV in anger when you get 6 hours into it and the game starts to studders or you have to push your way thur a sound issue until those issues clears up. I have had it freeze for 3 seconds then unfreeze with me in the wall. I just put it in 1st and finished the race trying to keep it fun by not getting mad or fall to pieces that something happened and put me behind.

cxMilk
19-03-2016, 01:42
As others said, turn penalties off for sure. And keep in mind, 24 hours is a loooong time. Don't fret if you happen to make some silly mistakes in the early going. You have a long race ahead of you and a lot of hours to regain lost track position.

kevin kirk
19-03-2016, 02:17
I think the hardest part of committing to such along multi class race is setting the AI difficulty setting just right. It doesn't seem to match the AI speed with a same class race. Cant tell you how many times I had to abandon a long race because I was to fast for the AI difficulty or I couldn't keep up.

Shinzah
19-03-2016, 02:27
...I just run 100% AI for long races, with damage

anything more than 4h I shut off penalties

then if I'm behind I work on my strategy to get back ahead, in a 24h race there's a HUGE bag of tricks open to you.

but the AI can use them too so you need to be a wily bastard

always work your strategy to how the race is going....I usually start with a notebook handy with the strategy page in view, and then change it as I need throughout the race. Work out something solid and as it develops, then fine tune your stints to that.

1lambofan
19-03-2016, 03:25
Thanks for all the good feedback!

kevin kirk
19-03-2016, 04:14
post how it went after you did it. I'm kinda curious how the game handles it

kevin kirk
19-03-2016, 04:46
also be sure you test some at night so you know what you need to change your tire pressures to on the pit stop going into night time. If you use the same tire pressures you had during the day your tires will constantly be cold during the night. At least mine does anyway

Fanapryde
19-03-2016, 06:34
post how it went after you did it. I'm kinda curious how the game handles it
I did several 24/25 hr races, on PS4 first, PC now.
Some of them teamed up with AI, some solo. Not without (long) breaks though. While there is no possibility to save while racing, I just paused, turned the screens off, but left the system running until the next stint.
In my experience the game poses no issues while handling this, not on PS4, not on PC.

casscroute
19-03-2016, 14:02

Thanks in advance!

Good luck ! ;)

kevin kirk
19-03-2016, 15:12
...I just run 100% AI for long races, with damage

anything more than 4h I shut off penalties

then if I'm behind I work on my strategy to get back ahead, in a 24h race there's a HUGE bag of tricks open to you.

but the AI can use them too so you need to be a wily bastard

always work your strategy to how the race is going....I usually start with a notebook handy with the strategy page in view, and then change it as I need throughout the race. Work out something solid and as it develops, then fine tune your stints to that.....could you tell me what stragety that helps you do that? My nascar short pitting means less time in the pits logic doesn't seem to help me catch up. I think its because the tires and fuel doesn't happin at the same time.

Razocharovaniye
19-03-2016, 15:55
is able the PS4 to endure 24 Hours turned on?

cxMilk
20-03-2016, 21:03
....could you tell me what stragety that helps you do that? My nascar short pitting means less time in the pits logic doesn't seem to help me catch up. I think its because the tires and fuel doesn't happin at the same time.

Anything you can do to try and stretch your stints for one extra lap(s) (depending on circuit) over the competition is huge in the long run. The potential gain being one less pit stop over the course of the race compared to everyone else. Also, if your easy on your tires, look into double stinting them if possible. Not sure what the GT3/GT4s can do in regards to this - haven't run them in a 24/25h race yet (will have that chance in about two or three more races according to my Enduro season), but I've been able to double stint tires in the LMPs pretty regularly.

I've done the same as Fanapryde on Xbox1 where I've run the full 24 hours myself with long breaks interspersed where I just paused the race. Have had no issues doing this.

Fanapryde
20-03-2016, 21:20
is able the PS4 to endure 24 Hours turned on?
Did you miss post #11 ?
The PS4 was turned on for three to four days 24/24...