PDA

View Full Version : Racing Wheel/In Game Wheel Steering Ratio

Ruttagger
21-03-2016, 00:09
I have Project Cars for PC and for Xbox One with the Logitech G920. Ever since I got Project Cars for PC (6 months ago) my steering wheel in the cockpit view doesn't move at a 1:1 ratio to my actual wheel that I'm using. I have tried tinkering with some settings that I read online but could never really find a true fix. To this day its still not a 1:1 ratio. I recently got Project Cars for Xbox One and right out of the gate the in game wheel moves at a perfect 1:1 ratio as my Logitech G920. This has re sparked my frustration with this minor issue I am having on the PC version.
I don't have any crazy custom settings, I run everything pretty standard. Should I just uninstall the game and reinstall and see if that works?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
21-03-2016, 01:44
Have you calibrated the wheel properly on the PC? In 99% of the cases I've seen/heard of where the motion between the wheel and onscreen wheel hasn't been 1:1 the issue has been in the in-game calibration.

Ruttagger
21-03-2016, 02:34
Have you calibrated the wheel properly on the PC? In 99% of the cases I've seen/heard of where the motion between the wheel and onscreen wheel hasn't been 1:1 the issue has been in the in-game calibration.

As far as I know everything calibrated. I went through the wheel setup and did the full rotation, then 90 degree wheel turn. After all of that I dont fool around with any of the advanced settings, I just race. Did the same thing with PC and Xbox One but like I said originally, Cant seem to get a visual 1:1 ratio from actual wheel to in game wheel. That being said I dont notice a difference in the actual racing, both games feel the exact same (although the PC version looks WAY better).

hkraft300
21-03-2016, 09:18
Shouldn't you turn off visual in-game wheel if you're racing with a wheel?

21-03-2016, 12:01
Shouldn't you turn off visual in-game wheel if you're racing with a wheel?Nah, I usually overlay my wheel with the on-screen wheel to figure out the proper camera position and angle, and can't see the wheel as a result. It's a good guideline. It's also nice to see any dials that are attached to the wheel still moving and being visible while the wheel is turned like this.

DreamsKnight
21-03-2016, 12:11
As far as I know everything calibrated. I went through the wheel setup and did the full rotation, then 90 degree wheel turn. After all of that I dont fool around with any of the advanced settings, I just race. Did the same thing with PC and Xbox One but like I said originally, Cant seem to get a visual 1:1 ratio from actual wheel to in game wheel. That being said I dont notice a difference in the actual racing, both games feel the exact same (although the PC version looks WAY better).

do you have a profiler for g920? set 900 there before to do the calibration..

then do a calibration, you must not read 90, you must turn your real wheel at real 90. you can read a different number at the end, but don't worry.

Ruttagger
21-03-2016, 15:21
do you have a profiler for g920? set 900 there before to do the calibration..

then do a calibration, you must not read 90, you must turn your real wheel at real 90. you can read a different number at the end, but don't worry.

Yes I have a profiler and it is set to 900.
That was my first mess up months ago, I thought it wanted you to turn it to see 90. I re calibrated and turned my wheel to actual 90. After this was done it was still not a 1:1 ratio with the in game wheel.
I might try and turn the visual wheel off and see how I like that. I never really thought about doing that for some reason.

DreamsKnight
21-03-2016, 15:31
Yes I have a profiler and it is set to 900.
That was my first mess up months ago, I thought it wanted you to turn it to see 90. I re calibrated and turned my wheel to actual 90. After this was done it was still not a 1:1 ratio with the in game wheel.
I might try and turn the visual wheel off and see how I like that. I never really thought about doing that for some reason.

how much total say you the game after the calibration?

21-03-2016, 15:33
I know this is asking a lot, but if possible could you shoot a video (with a cellphone for example) of your Logitech driver settings (also seeing if the wheel position indicator found in the settings matches your wheel 1:1, I've seen that being borked sometimes), followed by you calibrating the wheel in-game? I've not yet seen an instance where a wheel that's position shows up correctly in the Game Controllers menu/driver settings and is calibrated properly in-game doesn't 1:1 match the on-screen wheel, and I'd like to see it to know exactly what's happening. I'd offer to come around and see for myself but I doubt you live within a few thousand km of me. =)

There have been instances when a G2X wheel has not lined up 1:1 even with the position indicator in the Logitech settings, and there are a near endless amount of post-G25 bases where the optical encoder disc is loose/slightly broken and causes erratic behavior. I'm not saying that's what's going on in your case since you said it works fine on the console though.

Ruttagger
22-03-2016, 17:17
I know this is asking a lot, but if possible could you shoot a video (with a cellphone for example) of your Logitech driver settings (also seeing if the wheel position indicator found in the settings matches your wheel 1:1, I've seen that being borked sometimes), followed by you calibrating the wheel in-game? I've not yet seen an instance where a wheel that's position shows up correctly in the Game Controllers menu/driver settings and is calibrated properly in-game doesn't 1:1 match the on-screen wheel, and I'd like to see it to know exactly what's happening. I'd offer to come around and see for myself but I doubt you live within a few thousand km of me. =)

There have been instances when a G2X wheel has not lined up 1:1 even with the position indicator in the Logitech settings, and there are a near endless amount of post-G25 bases where the optical encoder disc is loose/slightly broken and causes erratic behavior. I'm not saying that's what's going on in your case since you said it works fine on the console though.

Ill try and get that done later tonight when I have time and my kids are out of my hair, its Spring Break here so my house is a little mental. Im not 100% what you mean but Ill load up my Logitech Driver and go through the settings then calibrate in game.
I know that there is no Logitech Profiler like there was for my G25. I'm sure there is some easy solution that I up just overlooking.
If I do something wrong you can reply and give me hell.

22-03-2016, 17:32
Basically I'd like to see the settings you can access via Game Controllers in Windows (in 10 it shows up in the Start Menu as "Set up USB game controllers") and if the wheel position indicator there matches the wheel's movements, and then the calibrating process in-game.

Ruttagger
24-03-2016, 01:06
Basically I'd like to see the settings you can access via Game Controllers in Windows (in 10 it shows up in the Start Menu as "Set up USB game controllers") and if the wheel position indicator there matches the wheel's movements, and then the calibrating process in-game.

Ya ok Ill see what I can dig up later tonight or tomorrow, like I said its busy at my house over spring break.
I know when I first set the game up I installed the Logitech Software that you just open and when you plug in your G920 it pops up and shows the picture and that its recognized and all that stuff. I make sure that its set to 900 degrees then I launch the game and calibrate in Project Cars settings. From there I play, I havent dont anything else or read anywhere to do anything else. Perhaps I'm missing a basic step. I think I saved a profile as Project Cars in the logitech software because I was playing some other racing games as well.