PDA

View Full Version : T300rs help

Emilio
22-03-2016, 01:37
I haven't played pcars in some time. I started playing again yesterday and my T300rs was working fine. Today out of the blue my wheel went crazy jumping back and forth and then locking in place with ffb resistance and would spring back to a 45 degree position. I restarted my ps4 and the wheel went through the auto calibration with no problems. When I try to turn the wheel I feel ffb pressure in either direction and springs back. It is also like this in the ps4 "desktop". When I start up pcars and it is going through the startup images the wheel turns freely. When I press X to start the game it goes back to the same issue as before. I can't even calibrate the wheel as it has the ffb resistance and bounces back. I updated the firmware to version 25 and still the same issue. Is my wheel scrapped? God I hope not :(. Is there something I am missing? Also i have tried plugging the wheel to wall and then to usb and usb first and then to wall. Did i do something wrong? Is this a bug from the 9.0 update? Please help.

lancashirelad
22-03-2016, 03:35
When you say usb to wall, I take it you mean the power plug? Try turning everything off. Then connect everything up with your wheel usb plugged directly into your ps4 and plug wheel power supply in. Make sure switch on wheel is fully over to ps4. Now switch your ps4 on by touching the power on the front of the ps4. Dont switch on any controllers. Thats how I always do mine and had no problems.

Emilio
22-03-2016, 04:08
Yes when I say to the wall I mean to the power outlet, I tried why you suggested and still have the same problem. The only time I can turn the wheel freely is when there I no power to the wheel or while the game is loading up. As soon I I press X to start the game the wheel bounces back as I turn it. I feel a ffb in both directions. Even in the playstation "desk top" could it be that I need to maybe reinstall the firmware 25 in the wheel from PC?

wyldanimal
22-03-2016, 04:56
My T300 in the Playstation Menus Has Centering and resistance to turn it.. I believe it is normal.

With pCars, it goes limp until the menus show up, then it gets centering spring back...
This goes away once a track is Loaded, and my car is on track.. I get normal feeling back once the message "Manual Control" pops up.
Sometimes the Wheel goes Left about 45 degrees till manual Control turn on.. I just use a bit of force to hold it Straight till then.

So maybe your Wheel is working Normally...

lancashirelad
22-03-2016, 05:13
With you saying it was springing back and forth I thought you had a problem racing or using it in the settings screen. I can't remember if mine has resistance in the menus ( it probably has). As long as it's working in game I wouldn't worry. If you are having problems in game try resetting all your wheel settings ( force feedback etc).u

theequalizer33
22-03-2016, 11:09
I haven't played pcars in some time. I started playing again yesterday and my T300rs was working fine. Today out of the blue my wheel went crazy jumping back and forth and then locking in place with ffb resistance and would spring back to a 45 degree position. I restarted my ps4 and the wheel went through the auto calibration with no problems. When I try to turn the wheel I feel ffb pressure in either direction and springs back. It is also like this in the ps4 "desktop". When I start up pcars and it is going through the startup images the wheel turns freely. When I press X to start the game it goes back to the same issue as before. I can't even calibrate the wheel as it has the ffb resistance and bounces back. I updated the firmware to version 25 and still the same issue. Is my wheel scrapped? God I hope not :(. Is there something I am missing? Also i have tried plugging the wheel to wall and then to usb and usb first and then to wall. Did i do something wrong? Is this a bug from the 9.0 update? Please help.

Well that doesn't sound right at all, it always hurts to see another possible Thrustmaster fail and im actually on my second wheel myself..

First of all is it still under warranty? (how long have you owned the wheel) and do you have proof of purchase? There shouldn't be any resistance in the calibration screen as you know and if this issue is persistant im afraid it doesn't sound good.. For the long term reliability at least anyway.. My friend had a similar issues and was able to send his to thrustmaster under warranty.. The main pcb unit was changed and he's not had a single problem since.. Thrustmaster were actually quite good and had his wheel back in 2 weeks, and that was over the christmas period too!

Emilio
22-03-2016, 13:30
When I try to calibrate it has resistance, when the race starts I start to drive and then the wheel acts like it is possessed, and no, warranty is no longer good. Plus I had bought it from Amazon...I'm hoping the issue will resolve itself, really don't want to spend the money on a new wheel...but if I have no choice I will, damn....another 500$....btw I live in Canada so that's why the 500$ price tag after taxes..

Emilio
22-03-2016, 13:47
Looks like it may be still under warranty, I bought it on may 25, 2015. Is it a year warranty with thrustmaster? Do I just have to contact them by e-mail on their web site?... I am so pissed, I am on vacation for 2 weeks and was looking forward to playing with my wheel...damn...:-\

Emilio
22-03-2016, 14:00
Call Thrustmaster. They are very slow with the email response. You will need your receipt, a video of what the wheel is doing and a photo of the serial number on the wheel base. I think you are good with the warranty unless you opened the base.

Never opened it up, I don't know what I'm doing if I did...so I take no chances...lol I went on thrustmaster.com and was not able to find a contact number. Does anybody know where I can find the number?

bradleyland
22-03-2016, 14:40
When I try to calibrate it has resistance, when the race starts I start to drive and then the wheel acts like it is possessed, and no, warranty is no longer good. Plus I had bought it from Amazon...I'm hoping the issue will resolve itself, really don't want to spend the money on a new wheel...but if I have no choice I will, damn....another 500$....btw I live in Canada so that's why the 500$ price tag after taxes..

There is an odd FFB bug that sometimes pops up with certain car/track/setup combos. Try the following:

Start a Free Practice session.
Exit the pits and see if the problem occurs.
If it does, pause the game and select "Return to Pits".
Adjust one suspension value (I suggest bumping caster on front right).
Exit pits and see if the problem goes away.

If your problem goes away after you do that, just go back in to the pits and change the caster setting back. The problem should be gone.

If that doesn't solve your problem, try loading up a car & track combo that you don't drive often. From the pits, reset the setup to defaults and try driving the car.

Another thing you can try is cycling your HUD to telemetry view. Watch the yellow line graph in the upper left. This graph represents the total FFB signal being sent to your wheel. A normal FFB graph looks like this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?23037-Telemetry-detail&p=892237&viewfull=1#post892237). If the yellow line is pegged to the top of the graph, or if it jumps around even when you're driving normally, then the problem isn't with your wheel; it's with your FFB settings.

If none of those work, it's probably an issue with your wheel.

Haiden
22-03-2016, 17:13

By any chance...do you have another game you can try the wheel with? That would at least help you narrow things down and know whether it's wheel or game related.

Also, if this started right after you did a firmware update, then I would try reinstall that firmware update.

Emilio
22-03-2016, 20:54
No other games, and the problem started before I updated the wheel, it happens as soon as the auto calibration process is done, too much resistance to turn the wheel....I contacted thrustmaster and they will see if my warranty is still valid by the info I sent them....good thing is the repair centre is in Montreal where I live...lol

morpwr
22-03-2016, 21:46
No other games, and the problem started before I updated the wheel, it happens as soon as the auto calibration process is done, too much resistance to turn the wheel....I contacted thrustmaster and they will see if my warranty is still valid by the info I sent them....good thing is the repair centre is in Montreal where I live...lol

You said you haven't played in a while. Did you just install the last patch? If so you might want to try deleting all the saved profiles for the game and reinstall it. Many of us have had issues after updates with the ffb. Doesn't always fix it but worth a shot.