PDA

View Full Version : Where Do I Get AI's Magic Tires?

Quatzu
22-03-2016, 02:49
So in a Formula A race, AI's tires simply don't wear or what? They don't pit at all in a 66 lap race while my tires are shot by lap 35. Race after race, if the weather is nice, AI does not pit. What is going on here?

danowat
22-03-2016, 09:27
They use a simplified set of tyre physics.

Wolkenwolf
22-03-2016, 10:27
and there is of course no pitcrew which could change the tires. Thats simplification near perfection.
:D

flybikes
22-03-2016, 11:10
So in a Formula A race, AI's tires simply don't wear or what? They don't pit at all in a 66 lap race while my tires are shot by lap 35. Race after race, if the weather is nice, AI does not pit. What is going on here?

You have to eat the mushroom and follow the rainbow.

Quatzu
22-03-2016, 21:36
I'm serious. I spent a year working my way up to FA only to find out it's broken? Am I missing something or do they really just not pit?

Warren1571
23-03-2016, 01:45
Mate, I hear you.....

I've experienced the same thing in Formula C and GT3 in both career and solo races. The AI's tyres simply down seem to wear out. I have tyre wear set to REAL but clearly it doesn't apply to the AI. I've tried to avoid pitting for tyres but you end up driving like you are on ice with a set of 100 lap old slicks. I have since reluctantly turned tyre wear off because I can't stand busting my arse for 30 laps to then spin off the track while the AI sail past like they are glued to the track.

In my opinion the tyre wear physics is totally out of balance. REAL tyre wear setting certainly is unrealistic, so I gave up on it after many frustrating races.

DreamsKnight
23-03-2016, 11:41
Tyres colors are broken. When you see Red you are a lot out of good range of work.
To have a reference, look the temp at the start of the race when tyres are already warmed and the good hotspot is between -5 and -10

For example in gt3 you start at 99, the good range is between 90 and 95. If you go over tyres have less grip and you destroy them. In gt3 i do 2/3 hours races and i usually pit in the same window of Ai.
Beside this, ai use standard set-up, an pit only when tyres or fuel are at the end.

Never tried formula A, but i hope my words can help.

Quatzu
23-03-2016, 19:14
I'd hate to have to resort to switching tire wear off completely, taking a lot of realism out of the game. That's really too bad it has to be like this.

Schnizz58
23-03-2016, 19:40
Tyres colors are broken. When you see Red you are a lot out of good range of work.
I've noticed issues with some tires at the other end of the spectrum too. I've been driving the 2002 SW Edition lately with its old 70's tires. They start to turn green around 60 I think but it still feels like you're driving on ice. To be honest you never get to the point with those tires where the car feels planted. You're always sliding around a lot. But the sweet spot seems to be in the 90's like it is with most other tires.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
23-03-2016, 19:50
To be honest you never get to the point with those tires where the car feels planted. You're always sliding around a lot.That's not totally unexpected, tyres from that period developed their best grip at slip angles closer to 10-12 degrees rather than 4-6 degrees of today's racing tyres. When you're pushing them to peak grip you should be hitting a visible slip angle (not a massive one, but visible).

Schnizz58
23-03-2016, 19:59
No, you're right, Jussi; not unexpected at all. Wasn't a complaint really regarding the performance of the tires. Just a gripe about the indicated colors vs. when they feel optimal....or as optimal as they get.

Warren1571
23-03-2016, 22:09
I'd hate to have to resort to switching tire wear off completely, taking a lot of realism out of the game. That's really too bad it has to be like this.

Yeah, it really sucks that the tyre wear model is so bad. I never wanted to turn it off either as it really does remove some of the realism of this otherwise great driving sim, hence I was very reluctant to turn tyre wear off, but the frustration and so many long ruined races got the better of me.

Hopefully in pcars2 tyre wear is much better balanced between the AI and the player.

lancashirelad
24-03-2016, 02:18
Yeah, it really sucks that the tyre wear model is so bad. I never wanted to turn it off either as it really does remove some of the realism of this otherwise great driving sim, hence I was very reluctant to turn tyre wear off, but the frustration and so many long ruined races got the better of me.

Hopefully in pcars2 tyre wear is much better balanced between the AI and the player.

Do any devs know if this will be patched or if it's being looked into? Just started a career with real settings and no point carrying on if its not.

Quatzu
05-06-2017, 23:58
I've been out of this game for about a year because of the above issue. Any updates to this?

Mahjik
06-06-2017, 00:49
I've been out of this game for about a year because of the above issue. Any updates to this?

It is not going to change for PC1.

dault3883
06-06-2017, 00:52
It is not going to change for PC1.

what about pc2

Mahjik
06-06-2017, 01:39
what about pc2

SMS should be talking more about the AI for PC2 soon.