PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PC Patch 10.0 Release Notes

Stephen Viljoen
22-03-2016, 06:23
Hi all,

The PC patch will be rolling out shortly. In the meantime, the relevant notes to go with it.

Project CARS PC Patch 10.0 Release Notes

Vehicles
Aston Martin - DBR1-2, Vantage GTE, Vantage GT12: Tweaked cockpit exposure to better balance the world brightness when driving in cockpit view.
Ford Falcon FG - Made the in-cockpit steering wheel static when disabled so that the digital display is still visible.
Ford Fusion Stockcar - Fixed a damage issue, tweaks to setups so car is less likely to go on two wheels.
Dallara DW12 Indycar - Tweaks to setups so car is less likely to go on two wheels.

Pitstops
Fixed an issue where, if the player pits on the final lap and only closes the pit board after crossing the place in the pitlane where the finish line is (but before the post-race screen comes up), the race would fail to end.

JohnSchoonsBeard
22-03-2016, 06:49
Hi all,

The PC patch will be rolling out shortly. In the meantime, the relevant notes to go with it.

Vehicles
Aston Martin - DBR1-2, Vantage GTE, Vantage GT12: Tweaked cockpit exposure to better balance the world brightness when driving in cockpit view.
Ford Falcon FG - Made the in-cockpit steering wheel static when disabled so that the digital display is still visible.
Ford Fusion Stockcar - Fixed a damage issue, tweaks to setups so car is less likely to go on two wheels.
Dallara DW12 Indycar - Tweaks to setups so car is less likely to go on two wheels.

Pitstops
Fixed an issue where, if the player pits on the final lap and only closes the pit board after crossing the place in the pitlane where the finish line is (but before the post-race screen comes up), the race would fail to end.

Hi Stephen. Does that mean any final changes to VR for the Oculus launch are already there?

Ryzza5
22-03-2016, 07:18
There's going to be some VR stuff already there (those with DK2 have had limited support for some time now). Being PC patches can be added more frequently - in case that's the plan. Obviously I don't know. :)

barcode
22-03-2016, 07:25
Hi all,

Err that patch was delivered last night for me, much to my dismay, as it reset my career and profile.

Beauty.

Silraed
22-03-2016, 07:48
Err that patch was delivered last night for me, much to my dismay, as it reset my career and profile.

Beauty.

That wasn't the patch, it didn't change the game version number. Not exactly sure what it was.

barcode
22-03-2016, 07:52
That wasn't the patch, it didn't change the game version number. Not exactly sure what it was.

It did say 10 something something at the bottom of the screen.

Silraed
22-03-2016, 08:29
The fixes are not in game.

rauf0
22-03-2016, 09:07
Thanks for patch, 10 months and 10 patches, wow.

btw sure this topic should be only for whats IN the patch, so my question do we have place to list what didn't show up but definitely should?

Sankyo
22-03-2016, 11:24
OK, enough with the incessant whinging. Thread closed.

Bealdor
22-03-2016, 12:15
Thread cleaned up (posts moved here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45897-Isn-t-is-about-time-for-patch-10)) and re-opened.

Please keep the discussion to the fixes that are in the patch. General discussion and posts about what is not in the patch please go in this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45897-Isn-t-is-about-time-for-patch-10).

Climat
22-03-2016, 13:07
Stephen, how can i reach you, need to speak to someone from PCars management. Can you please PM me.

Dakpilot
22-03-2016, 13:09
The cockpit lighting Fixes for the Aston Martins are very appreciated

Cheers Dakpilot

Alan Dallas
22-03-2016, 13:44
Is 578.9MB the correct size for this Update? So used to seeing >1GB. :D

Stephen Viljoen
22-03-2016, 13:56
Hi Stephen. Does that mean any final changes to VR for the Oculus launch are already there?

No. There's a whole lot more coming that's VR-specific. More to come when the time comes.

Lars Geraae
22-03-2016, 15:21
Whats with the mirrors ? Nothing wrong before patch 10 and now this !? With and without TrackIr !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suIvpygnCyk&feature=youtu.be

Silraed
22-03-2016, 15:30
Verify your game files. I had the same thing.

Lars Geraae
22-03-2016, 15:45
Verify your game files. I had the same thing.

Thank you...you saved my day :-)

Laz Moe
22-03-2016, 16:14
Awsome !

M4MKey
22-03-2016, 18:11
Nice to see 4 lines of changes that were not waited anymore. But more importantly a try to kill the modding of the game that is gaining speed... After having heard that SMS hadn't any issue with it, that's quite harsh.

Konan
22-03-2016, 18:22
Thread cleaned up (posts moved here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45897-Isn-t-is-about-time-for-patch-10)) and re-opened.

Please keep the discussion to the fixes that are in the patch. General discussion and posts about what is not in the patch please go in this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45897-Isn-t-is-about-time-for-patch-10).

Just refreshing....

Sankyo
22-03-2016, 18:29
But more importantly a try to kill the modding of the game that is gaining speed... After having heard that SMS hadn't any issue with it, that's quite harsh.
Care to explain (here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45897-Isn-t-is-about-time-for-patch-10))?

GAT_Montana
22-03-2016, 22:38
whats going on guys? the patch has killed the game and steam seams to be down. I assume all people who were using the Audi Mod are affected? or even more? will there be a quick fix or are we back in time during development phase and have to deal with? this all reminds me at the good old times back in 2011 :)

Mahjik
22-03-2016, 22:56
I assume all people who were using the Audi Mod are affected?

It appears that you'll have to stop using mods (ones that require the unpacker) until the unpacker folks are able to update it to work with Patch 10 (and forward).

Jego
23-03-2016, 06:42
whats going on guys? the patch has killed the game and steam seams to be down. I assume all people who were using the Audi Mod are affected? or even more? will there be a quick fix or are we back in time during development phase and have to deal with? this all reminds me at the good old times back in 2011 :)

Steam does have weekly scheduled maintenance Tuesday night. Had nothing to do with PCars, just took longer then normally yesterday.

sasz
23-03-2016, 14:06
Hi all,

Vehicles

Pitstops

why I cannot deal with the camera into the cockpit when wants to see it into the right or left mirror I cannot deal and I have placed on gamepad xbox one gamer on pc a problem wasn't solved neither update 9 neither in update 10 I apologise but you are testing your game sometimes when you will fix it what in update 20.0 because the problem is already with it from update 7

Sankyo
23-03-2016, 14:12
why I cannot deal with the camera into the cockpit when wants to see it into the right or left mirror I cannot deal and I have placed on gamepad xbox one gamer on pc a problem wasn't solved neither update 9 neither in update 10 I apologise but you are testing your game sometimes when you will fix it what in update 20.0 because the problem is already with it from update 7
Your posting is very hard to understand. What issue are you talking about? The cockpit camera corruption when using head tracking?

In general, though, the devs will fix a game-breaking bug when they know the solution. If they don't know the solution (yet), they cannot fix it.

sasz
23-03-2016, 16:06
Your posting is very hard to understand. What issue are you talking about? The cockpit camera corruption when using head tracking?

In general, though, the devs will fix a game-breaking bug when they know the solution. If they don't know the solution (yet), they cannot fix it.

when I want to look in cockpit into the right or left mirror I cannot turn it with camera I am playing on the PC to the xbox one control system

doubledragoncc
23-03-2016, 16:59
Please tell me where exactly I should post this......................

My controller worked perfectly..................then Patch 10..................now it is not even recognized??? I have verified my game and have no mods in it!!!

This vid shows it worked before patch 10 and the controller I am using. I cant understand why the update that has nothing to do with controls effects this??? Thats why I posted here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpL7-b9a-QQ

This is for custom controller only, both versions, custom and low fidelity are not working. This means I now have a sim I cant even use, unless I want to just look at pretty pictures of cars!!!

DD

Bealdor
23-03-2016, 17:05
Have you tried verifying your files through Steam?

Jan Studenski
23-03-2016, 18:18
You tried deleting your profile``?

satco1066
23-03-2016, 22:07
Please tell me where exactly I should post this......................

My controller worked perfectly..................then Patch 10..................now it is not even recognized??? I have verified my game and have no mods in it!!!

This vid shows it worked before patch 10 and the controller I am using. I cant understand why the update that has nothing to do with controls effects this??? Thats why I posted here.

This is for custom controller only, both versions, custom and low fidelity are not working. This means I now have a sim I cant even use, unless I want to just look at pretty pictures of cars!!!

DD

Have you tried to re-setup your custom controller, assign axes and buttons and then calibrate?

If you delete your profile all of that has do be done too. So i suggest to try controller setup first.

Jan Studenski
23-03-2016, 23:13
Have you tried to re-setup your custom controller, assign axes and buttons and then calibrate?

If you delete your profile all of that has do be done too. So i suggest to try controller setup first.

In the past i had issues after patch 5, patch 1.3, and so on. Deleting the profile fixed every single problem for me. So thats why i delete profile now after every patch.

BullWinkle
23-03-2016, 23:58
@doubledragoncc
Just be aware that deleting the default.save (profile) will also delete all your career progress, if any.

doubledragoncc
24-03-2016, 07:59
I think I wrote it clearly Project Cars does not RECOGNIZE my controls any more!!!! That is nothing to do with my profile!!! YES I verified on Steam!!!

Project Cars will NOT see ANY custom controllers now and the picture that used to be there is no longer there either when you select either of the custom control options. IF you go into the setup of a custom control it sees NO inputs at all. It it NOT seeing any control device and yes it works 100% in every other game/sim on my system.

It is an error caused by the patch 10 plain and simple

Now I cant even use the sim!!!

DD

Bealdor
24-03-2016, 08:04
You could try to backup your profile and see if it works with a fresh one.
To do this remove/rename the following file: \<your Steam folder>\userdata\<your user ID\234630\local\default.sav

Be aware that this will reset all your car setups, career progress and statistics.

Sankyo
24-03-2016, 08:14
I think I wrote it clearly Project Cars does not RECOGNIZE my controls any more!!!! That is nothing to do with my profile!!!
Controller settings are stored in your profile, so if an incompatibility crept in with the patch it's very well possible that the game does not recognize your controller anymore. No need to shout.

Project Cars will NOT see ANY custom controllers now and the picture that used to be there is no longer there either when you select either of the custom control options. IF you go into the setup of a custom control it sees NO inputs at all. It it NOT seeing any control device and yes it works 100% in every other game/sim on my system.

It is an error caused by the patch 10 plain and simple

Now I cant even use the sim!!!

DD

Have you tried to reset your controller settings in the Controls menu in-game, and then re-assign and re-calibrate?

Reiche
24-03-2016, 08:17
To do this remove/rename the following file: \<your Steam folder>\userdata\<your user ID\234630\local\default.sav

There it is! I kept looking in my Documents folder for the file...

The game ran fine for about an hour with patch 10, Time Trial with the FR 3.5 on Oulton Park, but when I wanted to move to free practice, it began to crash (on My Garage and on race start). Now it seems to work again =)

doubledragoncc
24-03-2016, 15:26
Do any of you read what I have written???? It is NOT to do with my profile, please stop telling me to do what I have already done a hundred times please.

PROJECT CARS DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MY CONTROLLER!!!

Thats nothing to do with a profile it is to do with PC recognizing a connected device!!!

Project Cars does not even look at your profile to see what devices are connected it looks at the computers system to see if there are devices connected!!!

Since when in a computers history has a program ever looked at a SAVE file to see what is newly connected!!!

Patch 10 has removed the recognition in my Project Cars for some reason. Even the pictures that would be displayed are missing but when I verify my files Steam says its 100%

THAT is and error in its own if the 2 pictures in the game are missing???

DD

Silraed
24-03-2016, 15:40
PROJECT CARS DOES NOT RECOGNIZE MY CONTROLLER!!!

Thats nothing to do with a profile it is to do with PC recognizing a connected device!!!

Are you even reading why people are suggesting what they are suggesting? People have explained, in their posts, why the profile could be the issue and the way the game uses it for more than just things like career progress saves.
I had an issue after patch 8(?) where the game would no longer recognise my TH8A, I tried everything. The solution? resetting my profile. If you won't even try it then nobody can help you.

doubledragoncc
24-03-2016, 15:42
Yes I have read it and done as suggested as I wrote in the last post.

I thank everyone for their help but I have done all that and it is still the same. PC has an issue seeing devices in Windows!!!!

DD

Bealdor
24-03-2016, 15:59
Yes I have read it and done as suggested as I wrote in the last post.

Nothing in your previous posts suggests that you already removed your profile to see if it solves the issue.

I thank everyone for their help but I have done all that and it is still the same. PC has an issue seeing devices in Windows!!!!

DD

Does Windows see your controller correctly?
Have you tried a different USB port (preferably USB 2.0)?

doubledragoncc
24-03-2016, 16:36
My system works in every other game/sim. It is a custom built system as that is what I do.

I am just going to remove it totally and start fresh.

I dont worry about my career any way. Just nice to not start again lol

It could be deeper than just PC as the last Windows 10 update caused major Xinput issues for xbox controller issues.

My concern has been it happened after PC update 10?

The mysteries of life

Thanks to all anyways.

DD

maxx2504
24-03-2016, 19:54
Hi !

A question for the Developers:

Have you change the third person cam again ? It was perfect with Patch 9. And now i have to change it everytime i drive with Ctrl+K. What was the intention to change it again ? :)

AOD_Danneskjold
25-03-2016, 01:51
By the way, you did NOT fix the "2-wheel" problem in the Ford Fusion Stockcar.

Terrabyte
25-03-2016, 05:44
Patch the STEAM is not installed when you try to download, writes scheduled for five minutes from now.

DentProof
26-03-2016, 12:39
I updated my project cars through the steam the other day. I have one PC with an 6770 ATI graphics card. After the installation of the new patch now I'm having track Loop problems. There is no consistency 4 pattern with the loop. I would appreciate some technical support this is definitely a issue with project
Deno proof

BullWinkle
26-03-2016, 13:40
I updated my project cars through the steam the other day. I have one PC with an 6770 ATI graphics card. After the installation of the new patch now I'm having track Loop problems. There is no consistency 4 pattern with the loop. I would appreciate some technical support this is definitely a issue with project
Deno proof

Have you verified game files in Steam?
Right click Project Cars in Steam Library, select properties, select Local Files Tab, click 'Verify Integrity of Game Cache'

Ronnie Peterson
27-03-2016, 11:55
Obviously not and as always we are being directed to a black hole of a thread. Prove me wrong and simply answer the question "why no fix for multiple car set ups!!!!!!

cluck
27-03-2016, 12:13
Obviously not and as always we are being directed to a black hole of a thread. Prove me wrong and simply answer the question "why no fix for multiple car set ups!!!!!!Because it would require a fundamental rewrite of the current saving system, which brings with it a lot of risk. As such, it is not (or at least, it is extremely unlikely) going to happen for pCARS1.

sasz
27-03-2016, 22:52

I cannot look around after cockpit I am playing Pc on a computer on gamepad from xbox one

cain666.4u
28-03-2016, 02:15
the new patch seems to have broken my G27 input, im getting massive lag (almost half a sec) and when will they fix oculus SLI? just change the rendering mode to split screen instead of alternate frame!

Jan Studenski
28-03-2016, 08:31
the new patch seems to have broken my G27 input, im getting massive lag (almost half a sec) and when will they fix oculus SLI? just change the rendering mode to split screen instead of alternate frame!

My g27 is totally fine

ironman
28-03-2016, 10:27
Hi,
I am experiencing what seems to be a consistent fps improvement; fps seems less weather dependent too. Can someone confirm ?

PostBox981
29-03-2016, 17:10
Hi,
I am experiencing what seems to be a consistent fps improvement; fps seems less weather dependent too. Can someone confirm ?

Have been doing a few MP laps on Nords in light rain today and - without having seen your post before - I felt somewhat like lower CPU load than usual and quite consistent fps (with v-sync = on).

ironman
30-03-2016, 11:18
fps improvement fo patch 10 IMHO definitely worth for further investigation also because a side effects is more affordable hardware: btw with I7/gtx980 it' s now working very smooth (adaptive vsync on)....

sasz
01-04-2016, 21:26
when I want to look in cockpit into the right or left mirror I cannot turn it with camera I am playing on the PC to the xbox one control system

Silraed
02-04-2016, 01:52

What inputs do you have mapped to look left/right? Have you tried mapping different buttons?

snakehands
02-04-2016, 08:55
opps wrong thread

NaRP
02-04-2016, 09:15
- lap time info don't work until 10.0
- dedicated server don't work properly with 1.0.1.36 until 10.0

Angst1974
02-04-2016, 11:46
Did auto-start behavior change ? I no longer stall in the semi-auto gearboxes (LMP1 , formula A tested ) I can still stall in the manual (FR-S tested) . This is a change in behavior . I believe this to be correct as the LMP and Formula A do not have a manual clutch pedal .

Yes ?

Silraed
02-04-2016, 12:08
Did auto-start behavior change ? I no longer stall in the semi-auto gearboxes (LMP1 , formula A tested ) I can still stall in the manual (FR-S tested) . This is a change in behavior . I believe this to be correct as the LMP and Formula A do not have a manual clutch pedal .

Yes ?

Presuming the Formula A car is the same as a Formula 1 car in this area, Formula 1 cars have a manual clutch paddle on the steering wheel which is used for starts though I am not sure if it is used by the driver to avoid stalling in the case of a spin.