PDA

View Full Version : I just want one thing from pCARS1

AbeWoz
22-03-2016, 19:21
There is only one request that I have at this point, and that is Endurance series contracts for the Aston GTE and the Corvette. AFAIK only GT3 series contracts are available. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

crowtrobot
22-03-2016, 20:14
There is only one request that I have at this point, and that is Endurance series contracts for the Aston GTE and the Corvette. AFAIK only GT3 series contracts are available. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Join the PC crew and you'll have it soon enough :)

AbeWoz
22-03-2016, 20:18

my new tower actually just came in today. all the parts should be rolling in this week. Still debating on GPU. 980ti or wait for the new cards to roll out.

Shinzah
22-03-2016, 21:35

Your career mode tool, how is it going?

crowtrobot
23-03-2016, 13:29
Your career mode tool, how is it going?
Getting there. Changing the career parameters (race location, weather, time/laps) and changing the vehicles/liveries for the cars in the series is working (UI was posted in another thread). Testing it made me realize that it really should have editable contracts as well, so that you can enter the custom series with the car of your choice.

This is easy enough, but I haven't been successful in limiting the contract offers for DLC cars if the user doesn't own the DLC. I can allow the user to change the discipline for the existing DLC contracts to do what OP wants, but that makes the UI that much more complicated to make sure the teams in the contracts and the teams in the series line up. I may just limit the cars a user can choose to the base-game in the meantime and keep working on it in the background. I've also found some new ways to remove some hard-coded values, so need to implement those so I'm not constantly updating the codebase when pCARS updates, only the included pakfiles.

shiftee
24-03-2016, 17:24
I can't even explain how much I am looking forward to your career mode tool crowtrobot, I am almost done with all disciplines in career...and find it hard to repeat same seasons with the same weather. this will indeed be a game changer if I can race any/all tracks I want in a career format, it seems my brain needs to think something is at stake for me to enjoy racing. quick solo races just does not keep me interested/engaged...