PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Project Cars DLC won't download

Garry45
23-03-2016, 10:11
Hi everyone

I'm a noob to Project Cars and got a problem downloading any DLC from PSN!!!!
I've read a few bits on here but nothing concrete.
I've got it in disc form and have had it loaded to the main screen and still it won't download any content it will just sit there in the download menu and if u click on it it won't do anything.
Any help from you would be great as I'm enjoying the game but we all like the extra content but I'm at a loss in getting it to load :(

Bealdor
23-03-2016, 10:19
I'm not a PS4 expert but you could try this:

Have you tried to restore your license ?

On the PlayStations menu go to settings, go to PSN and select restore license.

If you made another account just to get the DLC you have to make sure that account is set as primary (regardless if your other account is the systems primary, you can have multiple primary accounts on a single system). If you want to use content thats from another account the above is what you have to do, if its not set as primary you wont be able to use said content on any other account on that system except for the sole account that bought it.

Garry45
23-03-2016, 10:38
Hi Bealdor

Thanks for the reply and I will give that a go but not sure I explained myself properly and now I've read my post again I think it's confusing even to me ha ha

I've brought project cars in disc form and I want to add all the extra free cars but it would not let me download,
I've only got one account for the ps4 and it's put as my main device and again I'm a noob to ps4 after spending years on the PS3.
So far I've got all my games on the hard drive and have had no problems downloading any other in game free or payed for content which is frustrating.
I've tried to google my problem but nothing I've read so far has helped so is this a system problem and do I need to contact Sony/PSN with my issue.
As I've already said any stored games and I've brought extras have downloaded no problem

Many thanks again

ports
23-03-2016, 10:41
You need to restore your licence , Select [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licences]. Do that then go back and download the content .

Garry45
23-03-2016, 11:01
You need to restore your licence , Select [PlayStation™Network/Account Management] > [Restore Licences]. Do that then go back and download the content .

Thanks ports
I've just done as Bealdor suggested and so far it still says waiting to download ��

Can you please confirm I'm doing this right.
I've loaded the game to the menu screen and then gone into downloads and pressed on them and it's still just waiting to downloa.
Shall I delete the downloads and start again???

Many thanks again

Garry45
23-03-2016, 11:04
I've even restarted my system and still no joy :-(
Gone and restored my license again and again no joy.
I'm not going to worry to much but would have liked the free cars to mess about with.

ports
23-03-2016, 11:07
Yeah mate delete them also restart your ps4 and download the dlc from the psn store don't start the game until you have downloaded the content . Have you restored licences it's what fixes the issue restore your licences again then restart console then download dlc ,then you should be good mate.

Edit ,make sure your account is set to primary account same place as restore licence

Garry45
23-03-2016, 11:12
Yeah mate delete them also restart your ps4 and download the dlc from the psn store don't start the game until you have downloaded the content . Have you restored licences it's what fixes the issue restore your licences again then restart console then download dlc ,then you should be good mate.

Edit ,make sure your account is set to primary account same place as restore licence

Thanks again mate

Will have another go in a bit and let you no as its lunch time..

Garry

Garry45
23-03-2016, 12:04

Well I've tried everything mention and still nothing absolutely nothing...
I don't no if anyone else has had problems with downloading content to project cars or is it just me ha ha
Will leave the downloads in that section and leave my ps4 on standby and see if a miracle happens but I'm not holding out.
Thanks again for your help guys but at a loss and maybe it could be a PSN problem!!!

DavidCore89
23-03-2016, 14:32
As the others have said - Set the PS4 to primary under Settings>PlayStation Network/Account Management.

Also go to pCARS on the main screen, scroll down to Related Items, you'll see a section called My Add-Ons, download them again from there.

Out of curiosity, did you download them through the On Demand section in pCARS? I've had similar issues when adding stuff using this method in other games, so I tend to search the store instead.

Garry45
23-03-2016, 14:36
Right I deleted all data and re-installed it all and stIll won't let me download any DLC...

Fired the game up and now everything is locked apart from the solo side which I'm stuck with one car heeeelp :mad:

I'm going to break this disc in a minute :blue:

I've deleted all data AGAIN and it's now uploading AGAIN

beetes_juice
23-03-2016, 14:39
Right I deleted all data and re-installed it all and stIll won't let me download any DLC...

Fired the game up and now everything is locked apart from the solo side which I'm stuck with one car heeeelp :mad:

I'm going to break this disc in a minute :blue:

I've deleted all data AGAIN and it's now uploading AGAIN

Well don't do that.

Solo, one car...... Does the ps4 let you play games before they are completely installed? Like on xb1.

If the game hasn't finished installing I don't think it will let you download and install the dlc.

*Not a ps4 expert, sounds familiar to xb1 download issues.

Edit: You said all your digital download games work but not the disk game (pcars) will not. Have a feeling your not letting the game fully install before your playing/buying dlc.

Garry45
23-03-2016, 14:40
As the others have said - Set the PS4 to primary under Settings>PlayStation Network/Account Management.

Also go to pCARS on the main screen, scroll down to Related Items, you'll see a section called My Add-Ons, download them again from there.

Out of curiosity, did you download them through the On Demand section in pCARS? I've had similar issues when adding stuff using this method in other games, so I tend to search the store instead.

David

I've done everything asked and still no joy
I did download from the pull down menu but as advised I went to PSN and download from there and still no joy...
I've only one user and it's set as primary when I set it all up
I just don't get it though as all my hard drive games install no problem except this disc game so I'm stumped

Garry45
23-03-2016, 14:44
Well don't do that.

Solo, one car...... Does the ps4 let you play games before they are completely installed? Like on xb1?

Beetes
I waited till the upload had loaded and fired it up so maybe it got messed up so I'm now doing it all again
I think it does let you play but it showed it was downloaded so expected it to load as it did when I got it.
I spent hrs and hrs putting all my car settings and wheel settings off here so that's why I'm a bit mad but thanks for chipping in.

Plus all I want is the free cars it's not asking much is it :-(

DavidCore89
23-03-2016, 14:45
Well don't do that.

Solo, one car...... Does the ps4 let you play games before they are completely installed? Like on xb1.

If the game hasn't finished installing I don't think it will let you download and install the dlc.

*Not a ps4 expert, sounds familiar to xb1 download issues.

Edit: You said all your digital download games work but not the disk game (pcars) will not. Have a feeling your not letting the game fully install before your playing/buying dlc.

Yeah, the game hasn't finished downloading and will only allow you to play Dubai with the RWD LMP1 I think.

DavidCore89
23-03-2016, 14:48
After the game says 'Installed', it's technically not installed. It just says that to allow people to play it before it's ready.

Sometimes the app data will install after the game and it takes while (see in downloads).

beetes_juice
23-03-2016, 14:51
Yeah, the game hasn't finished downloading and will only allow you to play Dubai with the RWD LMP1 I think.

See I'm thinking its not completely installed and Garry is getting a few steps ahead with buying dlc/entering settings that could be messing with it.

Just read new post.

I spent hrs and hrs putting all my car settings and wheel settings off here

So you have gotten the game to install/run on this ps4 for a good while now but the dlc still wont install. Could be something over my head if that's the case.

Garry45
23-03-2016, 14:52

That's the one David and think your spot on there and me being impatient as always ha ha

Still stumped why it won't let me download those DLC,s??????

I've been over everything a dozen times to make sure I hadn't missed anything

Just mad I've lost all my settings as thought deleting and starting again would sort it out but nope not that easy

Great way to spend my day off trying to sort this out instead of hrs of fun playing it but kept me busy

DavidCore89
23-03-2016, 14:55
Perhaps it'll allow the DLC's to be installed after the game is 100% ready.

Garry45
23-03-2016, 14:56
See I'm thinking its not completely installed and Garry is getting a few steps ahead with buying dlc/entering settings that could be messing with it.

Just read new post.

So you have gotten the game to install/run on this ps4 for a good while now but the dlc still wont install. Could be something over my head if that's the case.

Beetes

Only had the game since the weekend and yes it loaded fine and played fine until this big idiot thought I no what let's add some extras to the game instead of just getting used to it but that's me.

Think your right about trying to load stuff before its finished so when it's done I will leave alone as need to walk away for a few hrs.
Will try again tonight and if it's sorted will just set my wheel and go from there

Garry45
23-03-2016, 14:58
Perhaps it'll allow the DLC's to be installed after the game is 100% ready.

Hope so mate and will keep you posted as I'm sure someone else might have this same problem and plenty of good advice and thanks to all again

Garry

Garry45
23-03-2016, 15:05
Just re-reading your edited posts and I think your all right I've just not let it download properly as I've lost patience with it and only got a few minutes to go and it will be finished
I'm not going to open the game as I've got a couple of other game updates to do.
I wish I had got it from PSN as I've had no problems but I've hardly got any space left and I deleted a few games I don't play but there still there to download at a later date which I think is a bonus.
Plus need to make room for "DIRT RALLY" can't bloody wait :-)

Rambo_Commando
23-03-2016, 15:55
I had to re install and had no issues. Here's what I did.
1-deleted game and all save files. Pretty much deleted all files related to Pcars. Restart ps4.
2-insert disc and install
3-after disc install, the game will install the updates/patches. This process can take up to 10 minutes. Restart ps4.
4-once the game updates and patches installed, I then download all the dlc's I've purchased. I download one at a time and wait for it to install before downloading the next DLC.
5-play the game. Everything works fine.

Garry45
23-03-2016, 17:08
I had to re install and had no issues. Here's what I did.
1-deleted game and all save files. Pretty much deleted all files related to Pcars. Restart ps4.
2-insert disc and install
3-after disc install, the game will install the updates/patches. This process can take up to 10 minutes. Restart ps4.
4-once the game updates and patches installed, I then download all the dlc's I've purchased. I download one at a time and wait for it to install before downloading the next DLC.
5-play the game. Everything works fine.

Thanks Rambo

I've now re-installed project cars about 5 times but restarted my ps4 just after it downloaded and had issues in the main game and I've now just tried to install the DLC,s but again no bloody joy.

Gather I've not left it long enough to update drivers etc!!!!
Looks like I'm going to install it again but this time I've got all the content I failed to have on the last few re-loads.
I've had enough of it tonight and will sort it out after work tomorrow
Thanks for your input and hopefully the next time I update on here it will be good news so wish me luck ha ha

Garry

Garry45
24-03-2016, 12:54
UPDATE

Came home dinner time as I wiped and uploaded all project cars drivers etc before I went this morning...

Did everything Rambo had suggested and still nothing zip diddly squat...

I even purchased the classic car pack #1 DLC @2.89 and you guessed it it sits in the download menu doing absolutely jack shit.
I restored the license,s again and re-booted and yup as with the free DLC stuff and I've even uploaded the new v10 update which I thought might just fix this poxy issue I'm having but no such luck.

I might contact Sony to see if they can look into why I cannot download any of there DLC content for this poxy game and I'm giving it a wide birt now and just going to play the game and set my wheel/cars and enjoy it

Just a thought guys,would it be an idea to deactivate where you make the ps4 priority and then activate it again????
would t mess anything up or make me subscribe again?????
I've also signed in and out with no joy...

Thanks again for all your help :-)

ports
24-03-2016, 14:19
Only thing i can think off is your user account is using a different region to the disks, If your from say the UK and have an American disk it will work to play the game but when you try to download the DLC it won't download i have a strong feeling that's your issue .Check the spine of your pcar case there is a code at the bottom I'm from the UK my code is CUSA00940 1981019 . Here's a list of region codes.

PLAS is Asian English?
CUSA + Twelve digits: Europe
CUSA + Five digits: Americas
PCJS: Japan first party
PLJS: Japan third party
PCAS: Asia first party
PLAS: Asia third party

Rambo_Commando
24-03-2016, 14:19
Hey Garry. Just out of curiosity, do you have enough space on your hard drive?

Garry45
24-03-2016, 16:17
Hey Garry. Just out of curiosity, do you have enough space on your hard drive?

Loads of memory mate as deleted a couple of games I no longer use but thanks again for your help :D

Garry45
24-03-2016, 16:25
Only thing i can think off is your user account is using a different region to the disks, If your from say the UK and have an American disk it will work to play the game but when you try to download the DLC it won't download i have a strong feeling that's your issue .Check the spine of your pcar case there is a code at the bottom I'm from the UK my code is CUSA00940 1981019 . Here's a list of region codes.

PLAS is Asian English?
CUSA + Twelve digits: Europe
CUSA + Five digits: Americas
PCJS: Japan first party
PLJS: Japan third party
PCAS: Asia first party
PLAS: Asia third party

Ports

Your a bloody genius and bang on mate I've got the USA+5 digits version :mad:

I purchased it from Amazon and it wasn't cheap either so it's going back to them with a flea in there ear I can tell you and then I will buy the correct Europe version and finally download all that extra content lol.

Thanks again to everyone that chipped in to sort this problem out and who would of guessed hey ports lol

Garry

Bealdor
24-03-2016, 16:33
Before trying to get a new disk (which should be possible) please try this first:

I managed to solve it! After searching general "Waiting to install" issues, lots of them seemed to be related to region issues.

It turns out that amazon sent me a US copy of PCARS for some reason!

I created a US PSN account on my PS4, downloaded (and successfully installed the DLC) and they showed up immediately on my normal UK PSN account.

Yelosuga, I suggest checked the region code on the back of your game (should be a black and white globe logo with a number) and use a PSN account from this country to install the DLC. FYI, my apparently US copy said "ALL" as the region code instead of a number.

Although the disks aren't region locked when it comes to playing PS4s from different regions, the DLCS only work on game regions matching the store they were downloaded from.

Garry45
24-03-2016, 16:45
Before trying to get a new disk (which should be possible) please try this first:

Thanks for heads up Bealdor and do I have to create a new user (which I don't mind doing)??????

I gather when I sign up I set my country as USA?????

If I'm wrong can you please explain a bit clearer or direct me to a site where I can follow some steps (retard alert lmao)

Thanks again :)

ports
24-03-2016, 17:03
Thanks for heads up Bealdor and do I have to create a new user (which I don't mind doing)??????

I gather when I sign up I set my country as USA?????

If I'm wrong can you please explain a bit clearer or direct me to a site where I can follow some steps (retard alert lmao)

Thanks again :)

Yep just make USA account make it a primary account as well download the content you want then go back to your main account and enjoy your DLC :)

Garry45
24-03-2016, 17:12
Yep just make USA account make it a primary account as well download the content you want then go back to your main account and enjoy your DLC :)

Thanks Ports

Will sort it out soon and hopefully come back with a big fat smile on my face :teapot:

Garry45
24-03-2016, 19:55
UPDATE

All sorted and another account done with some restaurant in long beach California as my address lol

Thanks again for all the help and can sit back and enjoy the game

Garry

DastleMk10
01-11-2016, 09:46
Couldn't agree more, this is a friggin nightmare!
Like you I purchased Project Cars in DVD format but all the 'Add-On's' are 'waiting to install'.
I think you're right, something to do with the PSN!

I've tried re-installing, restoring license, all that **** with no success.........
:-(

Bealdor
01-11-2016, 09:51
Like you I purchased Project Cars in DVD format but all the 'Add-On's' are 'waiting to install'.

I've tried re-installing, restoring license, all that **** with no success.........

Check out this post: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46048-RESOLVED-Project-Cars-DLC-won-t-download&p=1256252&viewfull=1#post1256252

...and this one: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46048-RESOLVED-Project-Cars-DLC-won-t-download&p=1256345&viewfull=1#post1256345

Konan
01-11-2016, 14:08

This might help too...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH1SmQ5gTNY

If not,just "Google" ps4 waiting to install...there are several solutions to the problem...:cool: