PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Air Race - Made by Slightly Mad Studios coming to Console In 2016 ?

Salty Dog
25-03-2016, 14:46
Ive read SMS is working on the Red Bull Air Race officially announced by SMS as coming to PC in 2016.

Id love to buy this game but ive heard nothing about a console release, can anybody please tell me if its coming to consoles this year or if there are any plans to bring it to the PS4 in the future?

The game looks amazing !!

Cheers

Salty Dog
25-03-2016, 15:03
Apologies Mods if ive put this in the wrong section, ive just realised it probably should have gone in the off topic section, id appreciate if you could move it to the right place if thats not here, cheers and thanks

Bealdor
25-03-2016, 17:06
Moved to off topic section.

Mahjik
25-03-2016, 20:33
All the info I see say "PC Exclusive". However, that was from back in August so we'll have to see when some new more up to date information is published:

Published on Aug 4, 2015

Red Bull Air Race – The Game is scheduled for a 2016 release exclusively for the PC platform and will be the first time that the world's fastest motorsport series can be played on a PC - in its full glory and as breath-taking. Developed by Slighty Mad Studios. www.slightlymadstudios.com

THE RED BULL AIR RACE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Created in 2003, officially the World Championship of air racing since 2005, the Red Bull Air Race is followed by millions of fans worldwide. The fastest motorsport series in the world features 14 of the best race pilots in a pure motor-sport competition that combines speed, precision and skill. Using the fastest, most agile and lightweight racing planes, pilots navigate a low-level aerial track made up of air-filled pylons 25 meters high. New since 2014 is the Challenger Cup, a competition which enables talented pilots to work towards acquiring entry into the Master Class of the Red Bull Air Race World Championship. More information: www.redbullairrace.com

Published by Wing Racers Sports Games GmbH

Salty Dog
25-03-2016, 23:31
Moved to off topic section.

Thankyou mate.

Salty Dog
25-03-2016, 23:47
All the info I see say "PC Exclusive". However, that was from back in August so we'll have to see when some new more up to date information is published:

Cheers n thanks, yes i saw this before i blogged and noticed the same as you, it states PC only but that was a while ago, i had heard a few people on forums mention over the last 6 months that there was a red bull air race coming to consoles, so when i found the 'pc exclusive' announcement in SMS announcement i was a bit confused.

I think heaps of people would buy this on consoles, theres only 2 other flying game on PS4 that i know of, they are combat games, i think this would appeal to a lot of people.

Im a bit surprised that red bull being such a huge company wouldnt or couldnt get this onto consoles, maybe theres dynamics at play that make it not possible?

Hopefully Ian might be able to come in here and let us know whats going on with this game, give us some updates, id appreciate that.

I wanna give them my money and get behind any SMS game i can, lets hope us console users get a look in on this one,

cheers

Mahjik
26-03-2016, 18:51
Im a bit surprised that red bull being such a huge company wouldnt or couldnt get this onto consoles, maybe theres dynamics at play that make it not possible?

It might be something where SMS is the developer and was contracted by Wing Racers Sports Games GmbH (i.e. it would be the decision of WRSG rather than SMS on where it's released).

Pisshead30
29-08-2016, 09:27
This looks awesome, any plans for console release?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TRVsCwVhxk

MuZz
29-08-2016, 10:24
Wonder if we will be hitting invisible walls in this game to ? OJ - TBH air racing just doesn't do it for me but i can see this as a big eSPORTS title .. Well played Mr Bell and Mr Tudor .. Plans for the console and VR headset compatible ?

MuZz
29-08-2016, 10:28
Mr Bell .. Drone racing with a vr headset .. Now thats an esports competition with a big future, i would love you to make this game ;)

Bealdor
29-08-2016, 10:32
Threads merged.

Ian Bell
29-08-2016, 10:44
Wonder if we will be hitting invisible walls in this game to ? OJ - TBH air racing just doesn't do it for me but i can see this as a big eSPORTS title .. Well played Mr Bell and Mr Tudor .. Plans for the console and VR headset compatible ?

You mean 'too' or 'also' right? I'm happy to take abuse from anyone that can spell.

John Hargreaves
29-08-2016, 14:31
Don't knock it 'til you try it

(messing with planes that is, not spelling. Well you should also try spelling, it's useful. Just not as much fun as planes.)

LukeC
30-08-2016, 08:10
This looks awesome, any plans for console release?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TRVsCwVhxk

This would be a day-one purchase for me if it released on console; invisible walls or not.

ibby
30-08-2016, 13:57
Downloaded and played it a bit. Is it Open Beta or the full game now ?
Either way nice game so far. :)

I first tried with keyboard mouse, that was pretty much impossible.
Then used the gamepad and that was way easier to control.
Still a bit hard ( in pro mode ) to do quick turns and then getting the plane level again for the gate but that i suspect is more not knowing the 'track'.