PDA

View Full Version : Audi GT3 do 1.44 in Monza race?

UberSoldat
25-03-2016, 21:34
Hello!

Just did an online race with GT3 cars. I did with my Aston laps around 1.48. Two Audis in top lapping 1.44 even though I got messages telling me I had the fastest lap time! Does the engineer lie to make me feel good?

I tried the Audi closing ducts and reducing camber to near 0 (which seems to give a decent amount of top speed?). I did at best 1.46,5. Where do those online players find 2.5 seconds to cut on Monza (which is rather short track)?

And why does camber at 1.0/0.5 give as good turns as stock settings?

Ekay.jay
25-03-2016, 23:04
1.44's In the Audi is relatively easy. Now getting into the 1:43's consistently is pretty difficult. Most of your time depends on your driving. Brake early and power out of the turns to get a good run down those long straights. You would be suprised at how much time you can loose by going to fast through a corner before a long straight.

UberSoldat
25-03-2016, 23:13
Thx for tips. Any setup suggestions for the Audi?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
25-03-2016, 23:52
Does the engineer lie to make me feel good?Is it possible you were hitting your own best times and that's what it was reporting?

Panopticism
26-03-2016, 00:29
The engineer reports on your fastest lap of the race. Sometimes incorrectly.

26-03-2016, 01:15
Hello!

Just did an online race with GT3 cars. I did with my Aston laps around 1.48. Two Audis in top lapping 1.44 even though I got messages telling me I had the fastest lap time! Does the engineer lie to make me feel good?

I tried the Audi closing ducts and reducing camber to near 0 (which seems to give a decent amount of top speed?). I did at best 1.46,5. Where do those online players find 2.5 seconds to cut on Monza (which is rather short track)?

And why does camber at 1.0/0.5 give as good turns as stock settings?

The engineer only says your fastest lap and not anyone else. Don't trust everything he says!!! For GT3 cars I find using the lowest camber often results in faster lap times. For me it can be worth up to 1 second just from reducing camber to the lowest. Also for Monza low downforce is crucial and corner exit > corner entry.

UberSoldat
26-03-2016, 09:23
"You currently set the fastest lap times of the race" sounds like I am Lightning McQueen

Mahjik
26-03-2016, 13:50
"You currently set the fastest lap times of the race" sounds like I am Lightning McQueen

Yes. It's not worded properly for how it's used. It's really only meant for your own laps compared to each other, not compared to other drivers.