PDA

View Full Version : Unrealistic traction issue

MB1
26-03-2016, 16:49
Hi,

I race a Caterham R300 so have been trying to use the Caterham on project cars to help practice.

The big problem I'm having is that the traction / grip is completely unrealistic. In the Caterham even on cold tyres you can go flat in a straight line with no problems, and the same out of corners from an apex - the cars has a lot of grip. In the game, even after several laps of tyre warming the car keeps trying to spin even with tiny amounts of lock.

Also the brakes seem odd too. You can brake really hard in a straight line but any slight lock and the car spins. In reality you can trail brake a fair bit in a Caterham without spinning off.

I have tried all sorts of setting but no luck. Putting traction control on means it kicks in, in 3rd gear down the straights on cold tyres which isn't right.

Please can you advise if any setting can be changed to correct the stability.

I really hope you can help with this as otherwise it's not working as a sim for me.

Thanks,

Mark

PS4
Logitech G29

stoogie13
03-04-2016, 08:10
I've been saying this about a lot of the cars in this game with no response for a while now.

cmch15
03-04-2016, 09:22
Hi,

I race a Caterham R300 so have been trying to use the Caterham on project cars to help practice.

The big problem I'm having is that the traction / grip is completely unrealistic. In the Caterham even on cold tyres you can go flat in a straight line with no problems, and the same out of corners from an apex - the cars has a lot of grip. In the game, even after several laps of tyre warming the car keeps trying to spin even with tiny amounts of lock.

Also the brakes seem odd too. You can brake really hard in a straight line but any slight lock and the car spins. In reality you can trail brake a fair bit in a Caterham without spinning off.

I have tried all sorts of setting but no luck. Putting traction control on means it kicks in, in 3rd gear down the straights on cold tyres which isn't right.

Please can you advise if any setting can be changed to correct the stability.

I really hope you can help with this as otherwise it's not working as a sim for me.

Thanks,

Mark

PS4
Logitech G29

Have you tried playing with the Accel and decel locks? Not sure how these really translate in real life but they certainly have a big effect in the game.