PDA

View Full Version : Why not have sticky threads only at the beginning of every sub forum?

ratata
26-03-2016, 17:23
Hello folks!

- As it is now, when you want to browse threads in a sub forum, the sticky threads will show again and again at top no matter what page you're viewing. Wouldn't it be a good idea to have sticky threads shown only at the very first page in each and every sub forum? I'm not sure, but I think that's doable in vBulletin from what I remember of it.

ratata

Rob Prange
27-03-2016, 21:41
That's unfortunately how the forum software works and nothing we can change without a major modification, I'm afraid...

Ryzza5
28-03-2016, 11:35
An alternate strategy that can sometimes be implemented is having one stickied thread serving as an index, linking to the other useful threads of which some were stickied.
Not everyone checks these before posting, however.

ratata
28-03-2016, 13:52
...that's unfortunately how the forum software works and nothing we can change without a major modification

- Yes, I think you can. It's a simple setting in the control panel. Have a look in the section admin 'Forum Display Options' and you will find the option 'Show Sticky Threads on All Pages Yes/No'. Done. :)

ratata