PDA

View Full Version : boost gauge

goeiste
28-03-2016, 07:27
In the game we have all kind of gauges (i believe this is the right word, i hope), but is it possible to create a boost gauge in the game, and not only visible from the inside of the cars?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
28-03-2016, 21:46
Doubt they'd be up for that sort of UI work at this point when it's "merely" a nicety.

"Boost" is a parameter you can track in telemetry, wonder if that's related to turbo boost pressure or KERS/push 2 pass etc... If it's turbo pressure then you could use an external dash/telemetry program to show boost.

ramm21
28-03-2016, 23:03
Basically the boost guage is there to let you know something is wrong, like a boost or exhaust leak IRL. We don't have any use for that in the game since the damage model doesn't go that far, as far as I know.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
28-03-2016, 23:32
Basically the boost guage is there to let you know something is wrong, like a boost or exhaust leak IRL. We don't have any use for that in the game since the damage model doesn't go that far, as far as I know.I do also keep an eye on it to see when the boost starts going up, some cars have it kick in reaaaaally late and slowly.

dbo35
29-03-2016, 02:16
Basically the boost guage is there to let you know something is wrong, like a boost or exhaust leak IRL. We don't have any use for that in the game since the damage model doesn't go that far, as far as I know.

Also to be able to see where / when / how much boost you have without having it memorized per car. I would very much like to have a visual on boost going through slow turns especially.

goeiste
29-03-2016, 06:15
yeah Jussi, but this game is costing me more then i would have expected. And then probably spending even more money to buy a external dash/telemetry program.

NigelDRS
29-03-2016, 17:18
yeah Jussi, but this game is costing me more then i would have expected. And then probably spending even more money to buy a external dash/telemetry program.
I would say "From racers, For racers", make it free. I have written a some kind of database with the cars (and more) of Project Cars, and it seems that people like it and use it (cause of the questions when the new update is coming :)). Now i rewriting it as a stand-alone program for PC and Macintosh instead of the excel file, and this is costing me month to complete. But the most important is, it's free of charge/costs and that will stay that way. Like i said, "From racers, For racers". Don't you think so?

I don't see the correlation between "from racers, for racers" and "free".

DreamsKnight
29-03-2016, 17:55
I would say "From racers, For racers", make it free. I have written a some kind of database with the cars (and more) of Project Cars, and it seems that people like it and use it (cause of the questions when the new update is coming :)). Now i rewriting it as a stand-alone program for PC and Macintosh instead of the excel file, and this is costing me month to complete. But the most important is, it's free of charge/costs and that will stay that way. Like i said, "From racers, For racers". Don't you think so?

Pcars: 90€ costs / 600h of gaming (in a year of intensive racing) = 0,15€ per hour.

assassin's creed: 60€ / 15h = 4€ per hour

The Witcher 3: 60€ / 90h = 0,66€ per hour.

a chewing gum is more expensive than Pcars. :o