PDA

View Full Version : [Investigating] Fuel Bug in TT

Shadowoff
28-03-2016, 09:15
Hey,
yesterday I made some setup testing in free practice with TT settings (fuel usage off, tyre wear off, mechanical damage off, driving with 5 litres). Ive been able to drive some quick laps at Spa in the Aston GTE, so I went over to TT. I drove a quite nice lap (2.15.8) and been able to drive with 239 kp/h through Eau Rouge and with 254 kp/h through Blanchimont. After that I made some testing with full fuel tank in free practice (same settings as above, only that I was driving with 95 litres). Ive been quite happy about my pace (2.16.7) and went back to TT to improve, but I wasnt able to improve my time, even if the hud showed that I was driving with 5 litres. I drove with just 235 kp/h through Eau Rouge and with 249 kp/h Blanchimont and didnt even went close to 2.15 times. Just managed a 2.16.8. I was wondering why, I changed nothing in my setup, so I was really confused. Then I remembered that I chabged the fuel from 5 to 95 litres. As I changed it back Ive been back to my old 2.15 times.

Roger Prynne
28-03-2016, 11:43
So your saying that changing fuel level in FP is affecting times in TT?

Androphonomania
28-03-2016, 12:10
This is true. So going for 1l in tank in the setup screen is fastest in TT. But it is this way since the launch of Pcars.

Shadowoff
28-03-2016, 12:32
So your saying that changing fuel level in FP is affecting times in TT?

Yep

Roger Prynne
28-03-2016, 15:07
Well I never new that.... thanks for the info.

28-03-2016, 15:21
So after hundreds of hours in TT & community events and now I see this...All those hours trying to top the times are now not representative of my true pace at all!!! What a waste of time! Can't they get anything right? I don't play FP at all so there was no way for me to discover this bug. I guess it's my fault for not searching for this 'bug' before I did TT right?. I always left fuel at default because I thought in TT we're always at 5L, only to discover this bug now...pffftt!

Androphonomania
28-03-2016, 15:27
It is something for Doge's youtube series (Becoming an alien) part 0 - Drop fuel in setup to minimum :)

Feeling sorry for those not knowing it. :/

Mahjik
28-03-2016, 15:31
I think this needs a little more testing before freaking out.

beetes_juice
28-03-2016, 15:43
It is something for Doge's youtube series (Becoming an alien) part 0 - Drop fuel in setup to minimum :)

Feeling sorry for those not knowing it. :/

TBH, never really noticed this (haven't tried)...Will have to give this a go tonight.

Also, do we have any data to back this up? Or is this well known?

Not trying to knock the post down but with something like this we will need iron clad data to support this claim. Don't want to see people jumping to a conclusion (as we see a few post above :confused:) when we do not have all the information.

Shadowoff
28-03-2016, 15:44

lol Did you read my first post? Im DEFINETLY slower even if the hud in TT says that Im driving only withh 5 litres.

Mahjik
28-03-2016, 15:52
lol Did you read my first post? Im DEFINETLY slower even if the hud in TT says that Im driving only withh 5 litres.

Yes, I read your posts. Sometimes there can be a psychological effect when driving (whether sim racing or real life driving) if you know a change has happened. That's why there are "blind tests". I didn't say your post was wrong; I said there needs to be a little more testing done.

Androphonomania
28-03-2016, 15:55
That was one of the first things i noticed when i was doing my first TT laps. The time difference between a full tank and an empty one can be huge, so it is one of the more obviuos "bugs". I just thought it was how the game works.

Shadowoff
28-03-2016, 16:02
That was one of the first things i noticed when i was doing my first TT laps. The time difference between a full tank and an empty one can be huge, so it is one of the more obviuos "bugs". I just thought it was how the game works.

I also knew that youre slower with full fuel tank, but thought that there wouldnt be a difference in TT, 'cuz the hud says always 5 litres.

beetes_juice
28-03-2016, 16:08
Whats the stock Corvette fuel tank? if this is true then.......may have some time to catch up ;)

Still think it would be nice to have a attachment/screen grab of telemtry with 8-10 laps with max fuel and the same with 1L of fuel. Just so we can nail this in the coffin.

Mezzanine
28-03-2016, 17:22
This has been reported and discussed months! ago.
As I remember it has been acknoledged by several ppl testing it, moderators wrote it's been reported to development and you could read it will sure be fixed soon.

28-03-2016, 18:52

I did some testing. Audi GT3 at Monza. I was 30th with a 1.44.8xx before this. Dropped fuel to 1L and went to TT again. Now I'm 1.43.3xx and currently (at this moment) rank #1 on PC. Gained 1.5 seconds with just the fuel set to minimum. Good enough proof for you? Link (http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=4241994684&vehicle=1884411907)

edit* My Sector 1 best time was 0.3 seconds faster than in my current lap record, so in my perfect lap a 1.43.0xx is possible. That makes the net gain 1.8 seconds just from dropping fuel.

29-03-2016, 10:55
2nd test with McLaren MP4-12C GT3 @ Monza.

Rank #5 before.

Rank #1 after fuel set to 1L

Gain 1 second with a potential lap of 1.43.5xx. That's a gain of 1.5 seconds. Once again confirming without this stupid bug I would have been among the top times in TT & Community Events.
Video if anyone interested. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2WGJBxCPo0)

Sankyo
29-03-2016, 11:22
The devs are going to look into this this week.

Asturbo
29-03-2016, 12:48
I can confirm this problem, but is there from a long time ago.

If you change the amount of fuel in other sessión (free practice, race), affects the fuel load in TT. The 5 litres you see in the dashboard, is bugged.

sp0q
29-03-2016, 13:29
Holy shitbucket... and I just put 3 days into driving BAC Mono around Willowsprings :D

beetes_juice
29-03-2016, 13:39
Yeah, definitely a bug. Ran the Ford Fusion at a few TT. To start, dropped fuel all the way to 1L; noticeably lighter, faster (hit the rev limiter way before I would have the day before in certain sections), but way to tail happy for my liking. Within a few laps I beat my time from the night prior and after a good 30 minutes of laps/playing with fuel, took off 1.2 seconds off my previous time.

The one promoting data/screenshots for evidence yesterday does not have anything to show at the moment. Have a video at home I was going to upload but sleep took over, will do that later.

Ehh is what is. Could have helped with a few times on the Community Events but wouldn't have changed the outcome. But now, kinda excited as I have a few TT to re-run with ACTUAL 5L in the car; quick check last night and I've done all my FA and Corvette times with full fuel load. :o

RomKnight
29-03-2016, 13:45
I always even use my race setups in TT to test sometimes after doing on the DS.

But TT in one thing I don't OCD about... yet :D

havocc
29-03-2016, 13:49
Holy s*** now i see why i do faster lap during races than TT, in short races i use less than default fuel load

beetes_juice
29-03-2016, 13:54
Just out of curiosity. Was this well known to others? Has it been brought up before?

RomKnight
29-03-2016, 13:56
Not to me.

sp0q
29-03-2016, 13:56
Just out of curiosity. Was this well known to others? Has it been brought up before?

So it would seem.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46163-Fuel-Bug-in-TT&p=1257931&viewfull=1#post1257931

N0body Of The Goat
29-03-2016, 14:11
Well this exploit was news to me, thanks OP for making us aware of it and adding it to other known exploits.
Improved my BMW M3 GT @ Spa time by > 2seconds with this gem yesterday with very little effort, combining a Free Practice custom setup with 1l fuel and turning off tyre wear in game options (which does not show on the leaderboard assists).

I did not use the other longstanding exploit of turning mechanical damage off, to run silly low radiator and brake ducts.

http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=904625875&vehicle=2929049241

2mins17.668secs

gmspromo
29-03-2016, 14:28
I thought everyone knew about this ... I know most of the big eSports teams know about this because someone in team RZ told me about it and I know SDL knew about it as well ...

havocc
29-03-2016, 14:37
Just did a quick test and lowered my C9 PB at Spa by 1.5s...

RomKnight
29-03-2016, 14:41
I only didn't know about the fuel "trick" and TBH, I can't be bothered to keep changing a setup (and In TT you need to leave the session...) to make TT, wet, spring, endurance, whatever. The time lost doesn't worth it.

Those teams surely have at least a couple without a life testing every single option and testing every little cut and whatnot that can give them advantage

FR-Alan
29-03-2016, 14:57
Yeah, thats the kind of thing that is so sad...for them.
"win without risk is to triumph without glory"

Anyway, just another exploits. :very_drunk:

cluck
29-03-2016, 15:01
Completely news to me aswell. 99% of the time, I run time trials with default, so that does go a long way to explaining the discrepancy between my time trial times and race times.

Raven403
29-03-2016, 15:03
Well.........as they say......This Changes Everything
Once again I feel like ive just wasted a bunch of time on LBs...... great

havocc
29-03-2016, 15:14
Completely news to me aswell. 99% of the time, I run time trials with default, so that does go a long way to explaining the discrepancy between my time trial times and race times.

Alien chicken, now go and do 2.18 at bannoch with 1M SW :D

cluck
29-03-2016, 15:24
Alien chicken, now go and do 2.18 at bannoch with 1M SW :DNah, that would involve having a non-default setup time at the top of the table, and that won't do :p.

Castrol r
29-03-2016, 17:19
I knew there was something going on ,time to find that 1 ish second I'm losing to be topping the leaderboards .

Androphonomania
29-03-2016, 17:26
As i see it, there are some predators going to hunt the aliens...

29-03-2016, 17:42
I only didn't know about the fuel "trick" and TBH, I can't be bothered to keep changing a setup (and In TT you need to leave the session...) to make TT, wet, spring, endurance, whatever. The time lost doesn't worth it.

Those teams surely have at least a couple without a life testing every single option and testing every little cut and whatnot that can give them advantage

You see this wouldn't be a problem IF we had multiple setups.

Can't really blame the top teams for doing that. Competitive people will do whatever it takes to be number 1. Don't blame the players, players are just playing the game, blame the game for having so many exploits to exploit in the first place.

Anyways now I have better chance of beating the "aliens' compared to before. Thanks OP for the tip.

RomKnight
29-03-2016, 22:56
Not blaming anyone. It is a competition and the one that can (ab)use them to the fullest usually is at the top (although, in unrealistic ways is kind of dubious...)

Anyway, I was just saying I basically just don't think it is worth it, for me and it is not my intention to start this discussion on 1 setup. I haven't even played in weeks now.

dbo35
30-03-2016, 01:43
I haven't spent very much time doing time trials... but if I had and didn't know about this bug I would be fairly pissed off. I'm curious if this was actually brought to the devs' attentions months ago as an earlier poster stated. Its kind of a big deal I would think...

Bealdor
30-03-2016, 06:31
I haven't spent very much time doing time trials... but if I had and didn't know about this bug I would be fairly pissed off. I'm curious if this was actually brought to the devs' attentions months ago as an earlier poster stated. Its kind of a big deal I would think...

I've never seen this reported and I'm quite active on this forum. Judging from the reactions of the other 3(!) moderators and many "regulars" in this thread I'd say they didn't know it either.
I've also just checked internal reports and the only reported bug regarding fuel load was the one that had to do with the default setup.

Invincible
30-03-2016, 07:15
I've never seen this reported and I'm quite active on this forum. Judging from the reactions of the other 3(!) moderators and many "regulars" in this thread I'd say they didn't know it either.
I've also just checked internal reports and the only reported bug regarding fuel load was the one that had to do with the default setup.

I also never heard of it before, to be honest.

konnos
30-03-2016, 08:05
Are you kidding me?!!?!??! I mostly drive TT and never knew this! Not that I will be no1 in the popular cars, but it's nice when you can hit top 20

cluck
30-03-2016, 08:17
The thing is, although it's frustrating for those that weren't aware of it, it is still just another setup trick. Do you get equally angry at those who can spend hours (or days) tweaking a setup and running hundreds of laps to go faster than you? All that has happened is a setup trick is now in the open :). To put it in the language of somebody earlier "this changes nothing" ;).

I'm fairly sure that once the fix is in place, the top leaderboard times won't change that much - I cannot believe 4L of fuel will make an appreciable difference to any laptime. However, I would not be opposed to the devs doing a leaderboard wipe if they feel it is necessary.

EDIT : And to make it abundantly clear, I was not aware of it. I assumed my laptime differences, between TT and FP/Race, were down to weather conditions/tyre temps, pressures etc. It never occurred to me that the TT fuelling was bugged :). That and I usually like to run timetrials with a default setup to see what is possible with that - looks like those times will take a tumble post-fix :cool:.

Pamellaaa
30-03-2016, 08:32
I cannot believe 4L of fuel will make an appreciable difference to any laptime.

The way I understand it the fuel level is never set at 5L, it is set to whatever the setup of the car would be in another mode so the difference is potentially a lot more than 4 litres and could be up to 100 or more in certain cars.

N0body Of The Goat
30-03-2016, 08:47
I'm fairly sure that once the fix is in place, the top leaderboard times won't change that much - I cannot believe 4L of fuel will make an appreciable difference to any laptime.

I'd expect the fuel level to make a chunk of difference for some cars such as the Formula A, my 1min46.2 time at Spa from August 2015 is about to be attacked with a custom Free Practice 1l setup and tyre wear turned off, again I will not use the mechanical damage turned off exploit.;)

FR-Alan
30-03-2016, 09:09
What kind of exploits you guys have (or heard about) ? :confused:
- TT :
Fuel setting to 1L in Free pratcice prior to TT
Mechanical damage turned off prior to TT
- General race :
Camber ? (0)
Tire pressure ?
Autoclutch turned off

Regards

N0body Of The Goat
30-03-2016, 09:43
- TT :
- General race :
Camber ? (0)
Tire pressure ?
Autoclutch turned off

Regards
For TT...

Fuel set to 1l in Free Practice setup
Mechanical damage off (lets you run stupidly low brake ducts and radiator, for reduced drag on fast straights, plus no overheating brake fade IIRC)
Damage off (lets you knock down those fictional poles on many corners at Spa without damaging aero)
Tyre wear off (which does not even show as the assist it very much is in the leaderboard database)

Now I usually run completely default setups, but I did create a custom setup for the FA@Spa Community Event when I set my 1min46.236 time and I have no idea of the specific changes I made.

With the 1l, tyre wear (and accidentally the damage off) exploits, I've reduced my time to 1min45.8 and that was with auto-clutch on (I know off will improve things further with the FA) with very few changes to the default setup. The database is still showing my old time (#58) currently, but will improve to approx. #49 http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard?track=904625875&vehicle=1909945073

Edit: Now reduced to 1min45.670 with damage turned on and auto-clutch turned off.

cluck
30-03-2016, 10:10
The way I understand it the fuel level is never set at 5L, it is set to whatever the setup of the car would be in another mode so the difference is potentially a lot more than 4 litres and could be up to 100 or more in certain cars.

I'd expect the fuel level to make a chunk of difference for some cars such as the Formula A, my 1min46.2 time at Spa from August 2015 is about to be attacked with a custom Free Practice 1l setup and tyre wear turned off, again I will not use the mechanical damage turned off exploit.;)Perhaps I should explain more clearly. Once the fix is in place, the fuel level will be capped at 5L, which is only 4L more than the minimum that can be set now as an 'exploit' :). As such, laptimes after the fix will only be very slightly slower than that which is theoretically achievable right now, hence why it 'may' not be necessary to do a leaderboard wipe :).

Asturbo
30-03-2016, 11:14
- TT :
- General race :
Camber ? (0)
Tire pressure ?
Autoclutch turned off

Regards

There are some cars with only one type of tire (F. Renault i.e.), that deleting default setup, and creating a new one you can choose between soft and hard tires. You can see this in the pit stop strategy. The feeling of this soft and hard is different. I think the default tire is the hard option but I can't confirm. If this is true, with the soft tire you could be faster than people with the teorical only tire for this car.

Sloskimo
30-03-2016, 12:17
Perhaps I should explain more clearly. Once the fix is in place, the fuel level will be capped at 5L, which is only 4L more than the minimum that can be set now as an 'exploit' :). As such, laptimes after the fix will only be very slightly slower than that which is theoretically achievable right now, hence why it 'may' not be necessary to do a leaderboard wipe :).

I concluck, 5L vs 1L does not matter that much, but a wipe would be ok with me, even though I don't see the point. The issue is real as far as I can see, unless I fell victim to a placebo effect, but I doubt it. Good lap vs bad lap on Nordschleife resulted in 6:45 vs 6:39 with the M3 GT.

30-03-2016, 12:18
The thing is, although it's frustrating for those that weren't aware of it, it is still just another setup trick. Do you get equally angry at those who can spend hours (or days) tweaking a setup and running hundreds of laps to go faster than you? All that has happened is a setup trick is now in the open :). To put it in the language of somebody earlier "this changes nothing" ;).

I'm fairly sure that once the fix is in place, the top leaderboard times won't change that much - I cannot believe 4L of fuel will make an appreciable difference to any laptime. However, I would not be opposed to the devs doing a leaderboard wipe if they feel it is necessary.

EDIT : And to make it abundantly clear, I was not aware of it. I assumed my laptime differences, between TT and FP/Race, were down to weather conditions/tyre temps, pressures etc. It never occurred to me that the TT fuelling was bugged :). That and I usually like to run timetrials with a default setup to see what is possible with that - looks like those times will take a tumble post-fix :cool:.

It is just another setup trick? When your car shows 5L but you're actually carrying 60L you call that a trick?
I am one of those who spend days working on my setup and running on track. So I'm not angry for those who spend more time than me to go faster. But I am angry about this bug giving such a huge advantage.
For example on Monza alone I probably did more than 1500 laps. And this 'trick' you're referring to gives me 1-2 seconds advantage per lap.
Anyone who's drives that many laps on a track before, you know you're lucky if you can gain 0.1 of a second, let alone 1-2 seconds. On track with many corners like Spa, the gain is probably 3-4 seconds.
So I totally disagree, this changes EVERYTHING. Look at my post on page 2. I went from 30th to 1st on the leaderboard in a matter of hours.
So all those hundreds of hours I spend in TT has gone down the drain, totally means nothing now that I discovered this bug.

If this bug is fixed and the fuel is set to 5L the top leaderboards won't change that much you're right, because it would be hard to reach those times with the extra 4L.
The 4L extra WILL make a difference. In F1 for example, 1 lap fuel can cost 0.25 seconds per lap depending on the track. Obviously will be different depending on the car but 4L of fuel is one laps worth in PCars and will cost lap time.

Sankyo
30-03-2016, 12:28
So all those hundreds of hours I spend in TT has gone down the drain, totally means nothing now that I discovered this bug.
You mean that you don't really enjoy playing the game in itself?

Raven403
30-03-2016, 12:51
Not sure I understand why people aren't allowed to be pissed about this. Seems to be a general "Whatever just deal with it" attitude towards it, when for the people who spend hours and countless laps trying to find the littlest shreds of time its a pretty big deal. If TT is what people do to enjoy the game and all of a sudden all that play time and effort is basically rendered useless by this that's a pretty big deal, and I would be pissed too. I haven't spent that much time on TT but I have spent some on certain tracks and now that this is out there I'm pretty bummed about having to revisit them, I can only imagine having to go back to a handful of tracks. That's not enjoyable, that's being forced to do everything over again, like when your Career gets corrupted, THAT was a big deal to people on here, why shouldn't this be as well.

Roger Prynne
30-03-2016, 12:52
Perhaps I should explain more clearly. Once the fix is in place, the fuel level will be capped at 5L, which is only 4L more than the minimum that can be set now as an 'exploit' :). As such, laptimes after the fix will only be very slightly slower than that which is theoretically achievable right now, hence why it 'may' not be necessary to do a leaderboard wipe :).

I think you got it wrong mate.... 60L of fuel in FP = 60L in TT as far as I can tell, so would make loads of difference.

cluck
30-03-2016, 13:05
I think you got it wrong mate.... 60L of fuel in FP = 60L in TT as far as I can tell, so would make loads of difference.I understand that Roger. What I was trying to point out (and clearly failed - you're the 3rd person to pick up on this ;)) is that AFTER this exploit is fixed, the fuel level will be fixed at 5L. Right now it is possible to reduce the fuel to 1L IF you change the setup. Therefore, anybody, right now, can set a time with the fuel at the lowest possible level but that will only increase by 4L once the exploit is closed. Hopefully that explains more clearly what I was trying to say first time around (and have already posted similar as a follow-up to the first two people that commented) :).

It is, of course, then up to the devs whether they think the leaderboards should be wiped as a result - given that even that small advantage might, theoretically, create laptimes than are unachievable again, but we already have laptimes still there from when the camber exploit was in place so maybe now is the time to start with a clean slate again.

Roger Prynne
30-03-2016, 13:14
Got it :stupid:

Sankyo
30-03-2016, 13:19
Not sure I understand why people aren't allowed to be pissed about this. Seems to be a general "Whatever just deal with it" attitude towards it, when for the people who spend hours and countless laps trying to find the littlest shreds of time its a pretty big deal. If TT is what people do to enjoy the game and all of a sudden all that play time and effort is basically rendered useless by this that's a pretty big deal, and I would be pissed too. I haven't spent that much time on TT but I have spent some on certain tracks and now that this is out there I'm pretty bummed about having to revisit them, I can only imagine having to go back to a handful of tracks. That's not enjoyable, that's being forced to do everything over again, like when your Career gets corrupted, THAT was a big deal to people on here, why shouldn't this be as well.
IMO people would have to have spent that amount of time very probably just the same if they'd known the exploit from the start, because it takes practice anyhow to become fast and there will also be more people being able to beat your time at first, so you'd have to put more laps in to better their time again, etc. Just a different road to the same result IMO.

Of course people using exploits isn't fun, I prefer a level playing field probably more than anyone, but it does need to be put in perspective.

beetes_juice
30-03-2016, 13:55
Definitely a touchy subject. The way I see it, the top aliens/teams knew about this little exploit for a long while. All throughout the community events - 99.9% sure those same aliens would have still won the events even if everyone was aware.

One thing I don't get the whole sentiment of:

all those hundreds of hours I spend in TT has gone down the drain, totally means nothing now that I discovered this bug.

Not to single you out default (think many may feel this way) but all that practice wasn't helpful at all? People give knocks on TT's, so much more comes from the game mode then just fastest lap times. I use the TT mode for setting fast times, first off, but a close second, is just for plain old practice. Warm tiers and gooooooo. (side note: whats up with the cold brakes in TT vs warm brakes in C.E.?)

Yeah, I get it, we should be pissed, yada, yada, yada. Not trying to defend, but I guess you can look at it in two ways:

A. Pissed off, wasted time, etc
B. Have a chance of a faster lap

I'm going with B. And TBH, looking forward to revisit a few track/car combos I haven't ran in a while.

*If you feel cheated. Go do a TT of one of the Driver Network community events that has already been completed with low fuel. Test your new times against the top and see what happens.
**Finally understand what Cluck was saying. Makes a good point.

FR-Alan
30-03-2016, 15:06
Well it s touchy, but it needs to be faced off by devs. Not only that by the way... To me, as for the beginning, i dont spend much time for setups cause i doubt they will have the effect i m looking for.
I mean, the game is fun, but it needs also to be serious (not to look serious).
Cluck, you say it will be fixed ? maybe you have others coming fix patches info ? just curious.
regards

RomKnight
30-03-2016, 15:13
If it gets fixed might as well fix the "no damage" exploid and reset the LBs. Actually, the reset think is exactly why I don't think this will be fixed and why I think it is totally wrong.

Even the 5l shouldn't be fixed. You should have to "plan" your lap in advance taking fuel into account but maybe for PC2.

To me, TT mode was never interesting but is even less appealing as it is now.

Diamond_Eyes
30-03-2016, 15:26
If it gets fixed might as well fix the "no damage" exploid and reset the LBs. Actually, the reset think is exactly why I don't think this will be fixed and why I think it is totally wrong.

Even the 5l shouldn't be fixed. You should have to "plan" your lap in advance taking fuel into account but maybe for PC2.

To me, TT mode was never interesting but is even less appealing as it is now.

TT credibility..... that's with SMS

cluck
30-03-2016, 15:47
Well it s touchy, but it needs to be faced off by devs. Not only that by the way... To me, as for the beginning, i dont spend much time for setups cause i doubt they will have the effect i m looking for.
I mean, the game is fun, but it needs also to be serious (not to look serious).
Cluck, you say it will be fixed ? maybe you have others coming fix patches info ? just curious.
regardsI'm guessing it will be fixed, sorry, bad wording on my part :).

Bealdor
30-03-2016, 16:11
Thread title updated.

30-03-2016, 16:42
My point is all those hours have gone to waste because it was impossible to set those times with the extra fuel in the car. So when the car is not capable of setting the top times in the first place, there was no point in me doing laps with it anyway. Hence me saying it was all a total waste of time. It's not like I'm new to racing and needed to learn the track or learn to drive, I already knew it long ago. I only play TT and online, so half of my playtime is spent in TT.

FR-Alan
30-03-2016, 18:24
There are some cars with only one type of tire (F. Renault i.e.), that deleting default setup, and creating a new one you can choose between soft and hard tires. You can see this in the pit stop strategy. The feeling of this soft and hard is different. I think the default tire is the hard option but I can't confirm. If this is true, with the soft tire you could be faster than people with the teorical only tire for this car.

A lil off topic but to complete maybe investigation on exploits.
So you can delete default setup and create new default setup ? (i never investigate much on setup...).
For single tire choice cars, i dont know what is default (i saw a paper with that somwhere for all cars). Telemetry can help you maybe ?

Schnizz58
30-03-2016, 18:41
So you can delete default setup and create new default setup ? (i never investigate much on setup...).
For single tire choice cars, i dont know what is default (i saw a paper with that somwhere for all cars). Telemetry can help you maybe ?
Yes, if you bring up the telemetry HUD, it will show you what tires you are on.

Asturbo
30-03-2016, 18:59

Yes, it was off topic, but other user asked in previous post if we know any other exploit. Telemetry doesn' help because shows the name of the tire, but in the box you can select soft and hard. If i can confirm this, I'll open new thread.

Edit: Posted here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46222-Pit-Stop-tire-selection-bug&p=1259119#post1259119)

Shadowoff
04-04-2016, 08:54
Is TT now totally bugged???? Ive been offline for a week and cant even get close to my old TT time, cause Im loosing so much time in the corners WITHOUT changing setup?! The car feels like Im driving with full fuel tank (95 liters in the Aston GTE). So I made some testing. In Free Practice (without fuel usage) I drove some laps with 1 liter and with 95 liters. The time I drove with 95 liters was almost the same as in TT after the one week Ive been offline, the time I drove with 1 liter was faster than my TT record before the little break I made

cluck
04-04-2016, 09:04
Is TT now totally bugged???? Ive been offline for a week and cant even get close to my old TT time, cause Im loosing so much time in the corners WITHOUT changing setup?! The car feels like Im driving with full fuel tank (95 liters in the Aston GTE). So I made some testing. In Free Practice (without fuel usage) I drove some laps with 1 liter and with 95 liters. The time I drove with 95 liters was almost the same as in TT after the one week Ive been offline, the time I drove with 1 liter was faster than my TT record before the little break I madeIt does look like something has changed whereby the time trial fuelling now runs with the default 'race' fuel, rather than the 5L that is displayed.

As the title of the thread states, it is already under investigation.

Shadowoff
04-04-2016, 09:30
It does look like something has changed whereby the time trial fuelling now runs with the default 'race' fuel, rather than the 5L that is displayed.

As the title of the thread states, it is already under investigation.

Thanks for that answer, hope SMS will get it fixed soon, I wanna take first at Spa in the GTE ;3

cluck
04-04-2016, 10:13
Thanks for that answer, hope SMS will get it fixed soon, I wanna take first at Spa in the GTE ;3If you drop your fuel to 5L in the car setup then you will be running the right setup to emulate what time trial should be doing. You can take advantage of the current 1L exploit if you wish but you're only cheating yourself that way ;).

Shadowoff
04-04-2016, 18:25
If you drop your fuel to 5L in the car setup then you will be running the right setup to emulate what time trial should be doing. You can take advantage of the current 1L exploit if you wish but you're only cheating yourself that way ;).

No, the exploit/TT isnt working anymore. Youre driving with more fuel, even if you change it in setup :(

cluck
04-04-2016, 19:28
No, the exploit/TT isnt working anymore. Youre driving with more fuel, even if you change it in setup :(That's odd as it was definitely like that last week. I wonder if there was something in the 10.1 patch then. I'll take a look myself in a while :).

Shadowoff
04-04-2016, 20:09
That's odd as it was definitely like that last week. I wonder if there was something in the 10.1 patch then. I'll take a look myself in a while :).

I drove a 2.15.8 last week with some mistakes, now (after Patch 10.1) I improved my setup and can just run 2.16.4's...

05-04-2016, 08:42
Difference between full tank vs empty tank is still huge. So that hasn't changed. A test I did on the same track I ran last week brought me to within 0.5 of my best lap. Not sure whether 1L still works or just my driving bad today.