PDA

View Full Version : [ANSWERED] Installed Latest Oculus software today. PCars is not running

Derek Speare
28-03-2016, 18:07
Hello - like it says, the Oculus is not going. I'm using the DK2 and have with some other titles. Am I missing something?

crowtrobot
28-03-2016, 18:14
Hello - like it says, the Oculus is not going. I'm using the DK2 and have with some other titles. Am I missing something?
Are you running pCARS from Oculus Home or Steam? If I'm not mistaken, software needs to be built with 1.0+ to be compatible with the newest runtime. I think the current version on Steam was built with 0.8 and there hasn't been any word yet on when the Steam version will get updated.

Derek Speare
28-03-2016, 18:23
Aha...That must be it. For it to be a Launch Title it seems like it has to go through the Oculus system :/ Sighs.

cluck
28-03-2016, 18:39
Correct, the new runtime will NOT work with the current Steam version of Project CARS. For now, you either stick with the 0.8 runtime or purchase the Oculus version. SMS are apparently working to try and get Steam codes working on the Oculus store so that you don't have to buy it again but that's not set in stone.

Derek Speare
28-03-2016, 20:27
Thanks, gents...it would be pretty disappointing to have to buy all of it again. That would be over the top.

MorciXL
28-03-2016, 21:00
I want to know about this too.. Hope the update will be available on Steam soon, wising to test PCars with ATW, and its smoothness.

John Hargreaves
28-03-2016, 21:38
Hi Derek, welcome to the forums. I don't think it will be too long before the steam version catches up, but I think SMS were putting all effort into getting things ready for the Oculus store launch.
Great button boxes by the way, I ordered one of yours last week and it's a nice piece of kit.

Skev
28-03-2016, 21:44
Yeah, would be rather disappointing to have to buy it again. Happy to pay a small fee to get a Home key, but buying the full game again seems rather harsh.

cbdrift
28-03-2016, 22:27
If you have a DK2 - oculus runtime 1.3 wont work with the current version 10.0 of project cars - AND if you wanted to run the new nvidia drivers out today 364.72 - they go and break VR support for project cars 10.0 on oculus runtime 0.8 as well buggerit.

cluck
28-03-2016, 22:35
If you have a DK2 - runtime 1.3 wont work - AND - the latest nvidia drivers out today 364.72 break VR on runtime 0.8 as well buggerit.364.72 is working perfectly for me with the 0.8 runtime :).

cbdrift
28-03-2016, 22:57
D-Oh - cheers for that - i'll reinstall drivers cleanly and see what that does to things - thanks for the update and confirmation :)

Yup - reinstalled the drivers cleanly and its working with the latest nvidia drivers again for me - many thanks to previous poster for advice - project cars is back in vr again for me - YAY :)

yeha
29-03-2016, 21:56
Hey guys, I just bought a rift dk2 I'm just waiting for it to arrive. I have pcars on disk I bought from eb which uses steam.
Will I have a problem if I install the latest sdk runtime for windows ? It looks like all I can download from oculus is the latest sdk. What version of sdk do I need and where do I get it ?
Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

cbdrift
30-03-2016, 03:51
Hey guys, I just bought a rift dk2 I'm just waiting for it to arrive. I have pcars on disk I bought from eb which uses steam.
Will I have a problem if I install the latest sdk runtime for windows ? It looks like all I can download from oculus is the latest sdk. What version of sdk do I need and where do I get it ?
Any help here will be greatly appreciated.

(removed txt of my previous post saying use 0.8 runtime)

now the plan to get vr in project cars is uninstall all runtimes
download oculus home 1.3 runtime installer and get that working so you can see the oculus home app when you run it
edit the properties of your steam project cars and untick the thing that says display on desktop game theatre if steam vr is running
run project cars and enjoy
(assuming everything works smoothly)
crank up details till your graphics card melts and enjoy project cars in super smooth pretty vr mode

yeha
30-03-2016, 05:54
Awesome thanks heaps for that, much appreciated.
Do you know if this same setup will work on iracing too ???

Cheers

MorciXL
30-03-2016, 12:37
I read in other forums from users that have bought Oculus Home version and its not compatible with Shared Memory for motion cockpits.. Is possible to confirm this?

Thanks

Sankyo
30-03-2016, 14:03
I read in other forums from users that have bought Oculus Home version and its not compatible with Shared Memory for motion cockpits.. Is possible to confirm this?

Thanks
What forums and what do they say exactly? Any detailed reports from OH owners here would be very much appreciated as well.

MorciXL
30-03-2016, 14:56
I read it on Reddit, and they said that some people with motion simulator tried Oculus Store version, and it crashes trying to get telemetry with Shared Memory option.

I would like to confirm this by other users or even devs if is possible.

Pd.- I also just read on Oculus forums that other people just bought the Oculus Home version, and they cant start the game. The rift gets only a PLEASE WAIT screen.
Maybe some devs have a solution for that.

Derek Speare
01-04-2016, 01:11
What's the word from SMS about Pcars and current customers and long time backers? Are we going to have to buy it all over again? I personally think a freestanding version of Pcars that supports the v1.3 runtimes AND bypasses Steam and OH is the way to go...of course, it's too much to swallow to make folks buy it all over again.

Mahjik
01-04-2016, 03:47
What's the word from SMS about Pcars and current customers and long time backers? Are we going to have to buy it all over again? I personally think a freestanding version of Pcars that supports the v1.3 runtimes AND bypasses Steam and OH is the way to go...of course, it's too much to swallow to make folks buy it all over again.

Here's the latest: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?43740-Oculus-Rift-CV1-Discussion&p=1258317&viewfull=1#post1258317