PDA

View Full Version : DK DIY RIG.

DreamsKnight
28-03-2016, 18:18
INTRODUCTION

well, i love introductions. :D i'm a gamer, it's a good part of my life. obviously i have other interests, but they are OT. :D i like racing games, but i always played arcade or semiarcade (need for speed, toca,) the last i tried (before Pcars) was forza4. the only sim i tried was something like indy 500 with amiga500, i was a child and i was traumatized :D

I always wanted a steering wheel and were a couple of years I thought to try a sim . I think we're in a golden age with sims at the moment , and a day i decided to try Pcars with my 360 joypad. i don't know why, probably the good possibility to configure the game to have it playable also with pad, but my experience was is so good i started to race a lot.

the last months of 2015 were emotionally difficult for me for some reasons, so I decided to fulfill that desire that I always had for years: to have a logitech g27. i made this choice to bring me happiness and have a chance to mentally relax in the evening . focus myself on my hobbies has always helped me to lift me in difficult times, and this time was no different. also for this, Pcars has a different value for me than a simple racing games. ;)

after the sad part, i did more steps.

EVOLUTION. WHY?

every time I did one of these I became a better driver. now, i can say for sure that all those beautiful rig you see in the photos are functional not only for immersion but also for speed, bound to the concept of FOV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yYeiAHsdr0

these are the steps i did:

-g27 + wheel stand pro.
-i discovered the concept of FOV, and i tried to do the best with my fornitures. each day i moved my sof to have less space possibile between tv and me.
-reverse mount for g27 pedals. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45671-wheel-stand-pro-and-g27-reverse-mounting

at this point i was not fully satisfied. so i modified the disposition of fornitures inside my house to find space for a rig. it was a test, i was worried that my tv, for home video porpuses, in this new way was too much far. i was wrong. it is ok. also the desk is more confortable. i found a good wallmount with 50cm of lenght, necessary to have the space under the tv for pedals. i need no more and i started with this topic. the original post is down under.

SHARING. WHY?

i'm addicted to likes. :D
well. i googled a lot, i asked a lot, i found good ideas and i had some myself. i always share inside forums things like this. as i find things, i hope someone else a day can read here to find things. i think this is the concept of sharing.
and likes. obviously. :D

DIY. WHY?

we can speak about money, but i usually mod everything or build things for myself. is something in my DNA. when i spoke to my "nerd" friends i was enjoying Pcars, they say me: "we know you and we know a day you will buy a wheel and you will buy a rig" ehm. they were right. :D

TARGETS AND PROJECT.

my house is small, two rooms + bathroom. I need to share the tv between rig and normal tv use, because at the moment i don't have space and money for a triple monitor RIG. so i need something flexible. at this point something with tyres to move the rig was obvious. I decided also to put the rig not in use under the desk to save space in the room.

under the desk i always had drawers+pc. the width of both is 50/55cm, exactly like a seat. moving them elsewhere, i use that space for the rig, without sacrifice my pc daily use, one of the most important things. to reach that width a detachble "gearbox" was also necessary.

i need also a maximum height of 69,7cm. considering tyres + base (around 15 cm), it was impossibile to have the steering wheel at that maximum height and also using it. so I studied a reclining wheel plane.

About pedals, as said before, i had my reverse mount studied in details (angles, measures, position) when i did it, so in in the rig I simply copied it.

So I have height and width fixed by situation, the front zone by pedals, my legs and ass by parents. I draw only the line between wheel and pedals, and both the side line, studied on the left to enter inside without problems, on the right to hold the gear.

when i finished preliminar design of the rig, i call a friend of mine, which has a lotus exige, and i asked some mesures. we discoverd that the proportions and measures of the rig are equal to the lotus. GOOD.

the "rig" (wip)

rig in position

rig not in use.

the building progress starts here:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46177-DK-DIY-RIG&p=1266011&viewfull=1#post1266011

THE RIG

the finished product.
-my cats love it. FIND THE CAT!
-i decided to do a temporary gearbox support. i want to use it a little to do the finished one. i have idea to put there also a support for a mouse.
-black and white colors are decided to be in line with my fornitures. and i like them
-the livery was inspired by this http://g02.a.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1ZQetLXXXXXXWXXXXq6xXFXXXL/The-whole-body-font-b-car-b-font-styling-Parallel-to-the-body-stick-sporty-font.jpg
-as said Pcars is more than a game for me. is something that help me to get out from a bad moment and the tribute was automatic.

this is the rig in position

FUNCTIONALITY

the wheel plane stays in position with these plugs.

in 30 seconds i can detach the gear, rotate the wheel and put it under the desk.

this is how appear in reality in the front. the finished product has a "vanity panel" to hide bolts.

in the the pedals zone (another vanity panel here), there is a secret. the footrest is detachble, and i use it to do some cables management. there is an hole so main cables (power and usb) exit under the rig. i put also an usb hub. it has a couple of usb ports for fast charging and other ports for future ideas and uses. Unfortunately my g27 seems not working with usb 3.0 ports, so i can't use the hub with it.

a video: this a A FRIEND, not me, that was trying the rig. i think the FOV is good. :P (i use the phone to record)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JtchOJUtAY&feature=youtu.be

FUTURE PROJECTS

there are things i want to try to do.

-ir led head tracking with a wii remote. ehm, i already done it, these days. but i don't like how head tracking work.
-mouse, keyboard
-tablet support
-buttonbox
-5.1 audio
-buttkicker.

FREE PICS

ORIGINAL POST:

I made changes in my small living room by moving all the furniture in such a way that i can use the tv closer to my eyes in my game sessions with Pcars. before I used it to about 1.70 m away and all the fov maniacs know that was too much. I just purchased a wallmount that will allow me to keep the tv (50") about 55cm from the wall. I will remove anything from below in such a way that I can put the pedals directly below and i'll be able to have it close enough (about 80cm from eyes)
the only problem facing me is the height at which secure it, and for obvious reasons I can not do tests before.

the question is: compared to the base of the steering wheel, the base of the TV where it belongs? on line? a little above? a little below?

Krus Control
28-03-2016, 18:22
I've got the bottom of my tv lined up with the middle of my wheel. But you could go a little higher or lower and it would still work great because of the flexibility in PCARS.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
28-03-2016, 18:32
I'd say that having the bottom of the screen roughly at a height where you can just barely see it when looking through your wheel (look through your rim, the wheelbase obscures a part of that view, set the screen so that you can just about see the bottom there). Much higher than that and you'll miss a chance of setting up the view so that you can see the dials through the wheel as per real life, much lower than that and you're wasting screen space by obscuring it behind the wheelbase.

DreamsKnight
28-03-2016, 18:52
I've got the bottom of my tv lined up with the middle of my wheel. But you could go a little higher or lower and it would still work great because of the flexibility in PCARS.

yes. i forget a things: i'd like to play also other sims a day. i know pcars is flexibile. other sims have similar options to set a proper view?

I'd say that having the bottom of the screen roughly at a height where you can just barely see it when looking through your wheel (look through your rim, the wheelbase obscures a part of that view, set the screen so that you can just about see the bottom there). Much higher than that and you'll miss a chance of setting up the view so that you can see the dials through the wheel as per real life, much lower than that and you're wasting screen space by obscuring it behind the wheelbase.

the concept is lower, but not to much if i understand well. good also for other sims?

28-03-2016, 19:09
the concept is lower, but not to much if i understand well. good also for other sims?Lower than the TOP of your wheelbase, not the bottom. I hope this is clearer:

Fanapryde
28-03-2016, 19:11
Just make sure the middle of the screen is at (or very little under) eye level.

28-03-2016, 19:25
Just make sure the middle of the screen is at (or very little under) eye level.Not really necessary, you can always adjust the vertical angle to compensate (and definitely should, the default views are all designed with the horizon closer to the top of the screen). As long as your screen is big enough that you get SOME extension below your eye level it'll be fine even if the screen overall is a bit high, you'll just end up seeing more of the sky/roof.

Fanapryde
28-03-2016, 19:40
Not really necessary, you can always adjust the vertical angle to compensate (and definitely should, the default views are all designed with the horizon closer to the top of the screen). As long as your screen is big enough that you get SOME extension below your eye level it'll be fine even if the screen overall is a bit high, you'll just end up seeing more of the sky/roof.
That depends on how your rig is set up.
It is a fact that it is more tiresome to keep looking up, than to look level (or down).
On my first rig I had the center of my 32" inch TV a few centimeters higher than eye level.
Now I have the (center) of the 27" triples one inch below eye level and the effect is much better.
In both cases the screen(s) were right at the back of the wheel base.

Ekay.jay
28-03-2016, 20:59
This is the reason I went with an anjustable wall mount when building my rig. If I feel the tv is too high I can simply pick it up and move it down a notch. Vice versa if it's sitting to low. I can also move it from side to side so it's always lined up with my steering wheel no matter what car I'm driving

28-03-2016, 21:32
It is a fact that it is more tiresome to keep looking up, than to look level (or down).
On my first rig I had the center of my 32" inch TV a few centimeters higher than eye level.
Now I have the (center) of the 27" triples one inch below eye level and the effect is much better.
In both cases the screen(s) were right at the back of the wheel base.Like I said, you can adjust the vertical angle (of the camera). Do that and you'll be looking forward, as you should, even if the centerline of the monitor is higher up.

Fanapryde
28-03-2016, 22:20
Like I said, you can adjust the vertical angle (of the camera). Do that and you'll be looking forward, as you should, even if the centerline of the monitor is higher up.
Clearly. But if your monitor or TV is placed too high and you want to see the dash/gauges of the car you are driving (like I do) you will end up looking upward all the time, which did not work for me. At least that is what I established after having the screens lowered.

28-03-2016, 22:28
Clearly. But if your monitor or TV is placed too high and you want to see the dash/gauges of the car you are driving (like I do) you will end up looking upward all the time, which did not work for me. At least that is what I established after having the screens lowered.Well if it's placed so high that even the bottom is above your eye level, then sure. But no-one is advocating that, thankfully.

If you have a very large TV/monitor and set up the bottom of it to be roughly level with the wheelbase (so that you're not covering up the screen with the wheelbase) you can easily end up with the centerline above your eye level. But if you just adjust the vertical angle of the camera to match your layout, everything will be where it should, the road will be straight ahead at your eye level and the dash, dials and gauges will be slightly below that, where they would be in a real car.

Fanapryde
28-03-2016, 22:44
But if you just adjust the vertical angle of the camera to match your layout, everything will be where it should, the road will be straight ahead at your eye level and the dash, dials and gauges will be slightly below that, where they would be in a real car.
Which is exactly what I try to mimic with my triple 27" setup. If I enable the cars wheel (which I have disabled) it matches exactly my real steering wheel.
Obviously, with a bigger screen and the same camera setting, the center if the screen will be higher, which is the reason I went from a 32" TV to 27" monitor(s).

28-03-2016, 23:23
Which is exactly what I try to mimic with my triple 27" setup. If I enable the cars wheel (which I have disabled) it matches exactly my real steering wheel.
Obviously, with a bigger screen and the same camera setting, the center if the screen will be higher, which is the reason I went from a 32" TV to 27" monitor(s).Obviously it will be higher, but equally obviously you're not supposed to be using the same camera settings. You're supposed to adjust the FOV, camera position (this one is debatable) and camera angle differently depending on your monitor and its location in relation to you. The only thing that should happen between a 27" and a 32" screen when both are adjusted correctly taking into account your layout is that the 32" screen should show you exactly what the 27" screen shows in exactly the same position relative to you (so looking into the same direction you'd see the same things) but also show you more around it, where the 27" screen ran out of space.

To show more clearly what I'm talking about, going from a 27" screen to a 42" screen should do this (this is to actual scale w.r.t. the difference between screensizes):

With the correct FOV and camera angle settings for both screens that's the only thing that should happen, you'd see everything in exactly the same place as before, nothing being higher or lower than previously, but you'd see more around the area you previously had. And likewise, with a triple-screen setup the only change should be that you'd see more to the sides, but everything should still be at exactly the same position and the same scale.

EDIT: And here's an animation showing how the centerline of the screens does indeed move up, but that doesn't have to affect anything else if you adjust the camera angle and FOV correctly.

Fanapryde
28-03-2016, 23:35
Good example there Jussi.
Which reminds me of another reason to go for a smaller screen. With triples I use another FOV (not ideal because of the lack of proper triple screen support in PCars). I also drive mostly tin tops, where a bigger screen lets me see a lot more of the roof, (which I don't really need).

28-03-2016, 23:43
I for one really enjoy the vertical FOV. Seeing the roof helps me make feel like I'm inside the car, and of course in an open-top car I can enjoy the beautiful skies. For me having the high vertical FOV that a large TV brings means more than the large horizontal FOV that having triples brings. I can run triples, I have run triples, but I much rather go with a large single. Until VR comes along obviously. =)

Of course that's just me, many people prefer triples to a big single, but people shouldn't underestimate how much immersion the vertical FOV can bring. And obviously 42" triples would be better than either a single 42" or 27" triples. :D

DreamsKnight
29-03-2016, 11:01
Lower than the TOP of your wheelbase, not the bottom. I hope this is clearer:

yes now it is clearer. perfect, thank you. and sorry.

do you have also some documents which can help to study an homemade rig, with focus on the measures, proportions of body compared to steering wheel and screens?

In both cases the screen(s) were right at the back of the wheel base.

I take this opportunity.

so i have a final idea for my rig, but need time (and money) to go in that direction. and more than a sim rig i want to do a game rig, with 3 27" monitors. so, could you post:
-a photo of the rig
-monitors model
-sizes of the width and length of the rig? (the two most important, I want only to understand how much space is necessary "on the floor)

thank you.

Fanapryde
29-03-2016, 12:37
I take this opportunity.

so i have a final idea for my rig, but need time (and money) to go in that direction. and more than a sim rig i want to do a game rig, with 3 27" monitors. so, could you post:
-a photo of the rig
-monitors model
-sizes of the width and length of the rig? (the two most important, I want only to understand how much space is necessary "on the floor)

Rig is a Simetik K2:
http://simetik-cockpits.myshopify.com/products/cockpit-k2

It is my third and by far the best. Wheel is adjustable in hight, length en angle, pedal plate allows length adjustment and angle.
I you take a look at their site, you'll find you can copy the exact position of almost any race car, and it does work.
Rig measurements: length (pedal set included - while it extrudes bit on the front) 138 cm, width is 47 cm (chassis only) and 147 cm (triples included).
Top of the monitors at 120 cm, (my) eye hight while sitting is 102 cm

The monitors are BENQ XL2720Z - 27" - 144 Hz (see my signature, they are mentioned).

Some pics:

Take note that the actual pics show my Formula rim. The Porsche 918 RSR is obviously a lot bigger and would show on top of the Audi A1 gauges.

Here is one with the Porsche wheel, camera was lower than eye level, but it shows the difference between the two wheels...

DreamsKnight
29-03-2016, 18:08
first at all: it is one of the greatest rig i ever seen.

your photos and your measurements will help me a lot with my project. i want to build everything with wood from scratch (in a year), so these things are necesessary to start a project.

I forgot only to ask how tall are you and the distance between the seat and the steering wheel.

this is the last thing, I promise not to be more annoying after. :)

the most important thing:

THANK YOU, Jussi and other guys.

Fanapryde
29-03-2016, 18:29
I'm 181.
Not sure about the distance you want to know... Steering wheel to the back rest, or to the front ?
It varies anyway, with the Formula wheel I move the seat a bit backwards and the back rest flatter. And the seat is placed on seat sliders, so my little nephew can drive as well as my 198 tall friend.

Roger Prynne
29-03-2016, 19:22
I'm 181.
Well your definitely win the oldest member award ;)

Fanapryde
29-03-2016, 19:28
Well your definitely win the oldest member award ;)

DreamsKnight
29-03-2016, 21:08
I'm 181.
Not sure about the distance you want to know... Steering wheel to the back rest, or to the front ?
It varies anyway, with the Formula wheel I move the seat a bit backwards and the back rest flatter. And the seat is placed on seat sliders, so my little nephew can drive as well as my 198 tall friend.

i'm 180 ;)

this

centre of wheel to the ehm.. i suppose that is the front rest. parallel to floor. don't be worry to be perfect, i need only to understand proportions.

thank you again, you are very kind.

29-03-2016, 21:16
If I were you I'd start blocking it out in a simple manner first. Attach a wheel to your table and then move a chair around until you have something that suits you, then measure it, etc.

Fanapryde
29-03-2016, 21:16
That would be 65 cm.

DreamsKnight
03-04-2016, 16:34
project started. hey, that is my "real" house. it was not in this way. i changed everything some days ago. damned Project Cars! :D

the "rig" (wip)

rig in position

rig not in use.

DreamsKnight
15-04-2016, 15:45
the project is going ahead.. i have everything at my parent's house. in the garage there are all the tools i need and the wood-master: my dad. :D each day i'm working on it. it is too much time i don't play Pcars. :(

Alfa Romeo GTV seat (used) great seat. sporty but also comfortable

the base structure

seat attached

testing structer to have "real" reference after pc work

side parts finished. the black brown part is my previous reverse mount for g27 pedals which i'm copying inside the rig.

at the moment i'm working on a couple of "vanity panels"

come on!

ps: please, can a mod change the title in something like a "DreamsKnight's DIY rig" ? sorry for the request.

15-04-2016, 17:55
You can change the title yourself AFAIK, go to the first post, select edit, then advanced, and you should be able to change the title there.

Roger Prynne
15-04-2016, 17:58
ps: please, can a mod change the title in something like a "DreamsKnight's DIY rig" ? sorry for the request.

If you go to Edit your post and then go to Advance you should be able to edit the title yourself.

EDIT: Jussi got there first :rolleyes:

DreamsKnight
16-04-2016, 08:35
You can change the title yourself AFAIK, go to the first post, select edit, then advanced, and you should be able to change the title there.

If you go to Edit your post and then go to Advance you should be able to edit the title yourself.

EDIT: Jussi got there first :rolleyes:

Yeah.... Thank you.

No One like my rig :,(

DreamsKnight
19-04-2016, 17:47
productive weekend.

inside "vanity panel" for pedals

wheel plane in position

whell plane off-posistion. this is a space saver solution to put under the esk when not in use (like in my project pictures) a couple of stud do the work.

overall view, the wood work is finished at 98%. yesterday i dismounted everything and i started to paint.

DreamsKnight
19-04-2016, 17:49
just to point out: i was a pad user. -_-

after the rig, i'll have to do works on my motorbikes. :D

ELAhrairah
19-04-2016, 20:33
just to point out: i was a pad user. -_-

after the rig, i'll have to do works on my motorbikes. :D

" thee shalt nev'r finish the rig once thee has't lay'd thy first handeth on t "

DreamsKnight
21-04-2016, 09:47
primer, moquette, carbon fiber.

KkDrummer
21-04-2016, 10:13
You will need a nice livery for your rig! looking good.

DreamsKnight
21-04-2016, 10:23
You will need a nice livery for your rig! looking good.

i have it in mind. :D Thank You.

konnos
21-04-2016, 11:35
I m not going to lie, it's not pretty, but it looks functional.

I like that you coated it with moquette and I love the foot rest next to the clutch. Next addition should be a lazy boy :D you know the one you rest your right arm.

ELAhrairah
21-04-2016, 14:47
Are you building bass shakers in it ? I highly recomnd it

Ekay.jay
21-04-2016, 14:55

Being that this rig is made of wood(bass shakers love wood), I would definitely get some! They will work so good with your rig.

DreamsKnight
21-04-2016, 23:30
I m not going to lie, it's not pretty, but it looks functional.

I like that you coated it with moquette and I love the foot rest next to the clutch. Next addition should be a lazy boy :D you know the one you rest your right arm.

Nooooouu :( :( :(

Not pretty cause you see rough (at the moment) or the structure itself? To be honest I like it :D

I didn't explained so much, but I have some limits. My house is small. What you see in the project is 1/3 of it, and that is my living room. I need to share the TV between pcars and normal TV use. I don't have space (and money) to do a proper 3 monitors setup. Next year I'll move to a bigger house and I'll project something different.

When the rig is not in use I will put under the desk: this mean 69,7 cm of height and this is why I study a reclining wheel plane. This mean also no more of 53 cm width so no space for arm rest. And be sure that as italian an manual (each day) gear user, I love it. :D
for the same reason the gearbox is detachable. At the end I will put more photo with explanation. there are also more things I not showed and I'm sure you'll love it. ;)

About pedals I fell in love with reverse mount and I studied everything (angles, measures, position) when I did this
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?45671-wheel-stand-pro-and-g27-reverse-mounting

In the rig I copy exactly it.

So I have height and width fixed by situation, the front zone by pedals, my legs and ass by parents. I draw only the line between wheel and pedals, and I think a cube is uglier. :D

The side lines are studied to enter inside without problems but also to support the left leg with my foot on the footrest. I'm laaaaaazy. :D

I have to say the feeling inside is very good, but better than this, mesures and proportions are equals to the lotus exige of a friend of mine. And I think that is a very good reference car. :D

Being that this rig is made of wood(bass shakers love wood), I would definitely get some! They will work so good with your rig.

You introduce one of side projects i have in mind to expand the rig. But a step at time is better and before everything i need to live it a little to study next steps. And bass shacker introduce some complex variables

It is the second week if I'm not working I'm... Working on the rig. (I hope it is clear what I mean ) with 4/5 hours of sleep. I'm tired. :D

DreamsKnight
23-04-2016, 10:25
this how appear the pedals zone is its "natural" conditions

this is the "vanity panel" for pedals.

this is the footrest

a simple cut on both to have space for pedals wire

only the panel "mounted" no screws.

when i put the footrest everything stays in position only with pressure. on the top of the footrest there is the space for cable management. there is another "secret" in this area, but it is not the moment to explain. ;)

i have to say. i'm loving it.

Ekay.jay
24-04-2016, 05:15
Nice work so far!

DreamsKnight
03-05-2016, 23:28
first post updated with finished rig, explanations, wall of text, pics, video and cats.

yeah.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46177-DK-DIY-RIG&p=1257964&viewfull=1#post1257964

LogRoad
04-05-2016, 00:38
Looking good! And it's compact. :cool:

poirqc
04-05-2016, 01:27
Wow!

DreamsKnight, you made one heck of a rig! Congratulation!

Riccardo De Rosa
04-05-2016, 05:29
Nice Work. Clean and functional. Compliments! :)

konnos
04-05-2016, 09:28
Yes after the final touches it look great, lucky you ;)

I am going to build something myself soon, I wanted to ask you, how did you go about figuring out your ideal position for pedals/seat/wheel? Did you measure yourself and design it in a program?

DreamsKnight
04-05-2016, 11:30

I am going to build something myself soon, I wanted to ask you, how did you go about figuring out your ideal position for pedals/seat/wheel? Did you measure yourself and design it in a program?

i'll wait your topic to say your doesn't look pretty. :mad: :D ;)

it is the most difficult part and a lot of work. if you don't have the problem to hide it under something could be a little easier. beside this, i choce also to have it not adjustable.

-for pedals (inclination, height, distance beetween them) i used my car as a reference
-i merged: mesures of myself and the distances beetween each thing when i used sof and wheel stand pro/ my car as reference/fanapryde mesures i asked here/projects found in internet. this is the starting point to understand proportions and to do the first design. i made some choices in the design to do last minute change also with cutted wood.
-with pedals done is necessary the seat you will use under your ass. only in this way you can decide the final project.

-this is the first structure i did woth casual wood inside house. this was important to decide where to put the seat.

-this is the second used to decide wheel position

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=231460&d=1460734082

-i modified also this to study side lines to enter and exit. i don't have a photo.

-the sofware is sketchup.

F1_Racer68
04-05-2016, 17:28

When I built mine, I used this image as a guide.

I took the measurements for each line directly from my real car. The things I measured are:

- Floor to center of steering wheel
- Floor to height of car seat
- Seat back rest to center of steering wheel
- hips to pedals
- Seat headrest to center of windshield
- Floor to bottom edge of windshield

I then used the windshield reference measurements to guide the setup of my center monitor. The bottom edge of the screen lines up with where the bottom edge of the windshield is, and he screen center line is the same distance from the headrest as the center of the windshield.

NOTE: The above image used for sizing came from the Ricmotech site (http://www.ricmotech.com) I don't think they have it posted anymore, but I believe in giving credit where credit is due.

Haiden
09-12-2016, 15:38
Lower than the TOP of your wheelbase, not the bottom. I hope this is clearer:

I think depends on the screen. Even the largest PC monitor don't have the same height as a 50"+ TV screen. With large TVs, you can actually set the screen lower than the top of the base and show more of dash. In fact, this works well, because with a 50"+ screen, if the screen bottom is level with the top of the wheel base, your going to end up with a lot of unused screen space at the top (basically just a dark roof in tin tops or a big sky in open wheel). If you lower the TV, you can get more dash area showing, which allows you to show all the dials and see them through your wheel. And also gives you a place to set widgets and overlays that keeps them of the track view. :)

DreamsKnight
09-12-2016, 19:07
uh, i had to update the topic. several changes. :D

poirqc
09-12-2016, 23:25
uh, i had to update the topic. several changes. :D

I'm not sure what are the updates? Arn't you on a T300 now?

Your setup was already really nice, what is the latest picture?

Thanks,

DreamsKnight
10-12-2016, 16:22
this my 5.1 (internet photo, same model)

http://obrazki.elektroda.pl/4161662300_1419186780.jpg

I divided the amplifier from the woofer and created a new box for the amplifier

https://s15.postimg.org/sm9ozdem3/IMG_20160517_220226.jpg

https://s15.postimg.org/4wk9aog8r/IMG_20160517_220234.jpg

https://s15.postimg.org/viwpznkfv/IMG_20160517_233738.jpg

i created a simple support for the woofer and i soldered a femal jack to both the amplifier and the woofer

https://s15.postimg.org/3k75mj86z/IMG_20160518_121109.jpg

the woofer is under the seat and works as a buttkicker

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5oYz84lT8o&feature=youtu.be

rear speakers have a simple but great support

https://s14.postimg.org/cwsoa0n01/IMG_20161002_144427.jpg

https://s14.postimg.org/wdddwji41/IMG_20161002_144409.jpg

the front speaker are drilled in this way

https://s14.postimg.org/joj3cvbzl/IMG_20161002_144506.jpg

the amplifier take place there

https://s23.postimg.org/gibgwhguj/IMG_20161210_170212.jpg

other upgrades are t300rs, th8a, a good support for the gear and a tablet with roccat power grid used as a button box.

https://s11.postimg.org/6okao4o2b/IMG_20161001_193650.jpg

and the last, but still work in progress is the fanatec v3.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161209/103b4052ddd329aa971e95f945f60062.jpg

i have also a th8rs (for sequential use) and a fanatec handbrake but i still have to decide how and where to place them

poirqc
10-12-2016, 17:46
You went all in, as i can see! :D

Keep up the good work, your rig seems awfully pleasant to drive!

DreamsKnight
11-12-2016, 00:48
You went all in, as i can see! :D

Keep up the good work, your rig seems awfully pleasant to drive!

yeah, i'm happy. and i still can close it and move under the desk. :D i can't wait to move to the next home, i'll trasform it in a fixed rig and finally i will use triple monitor. :D