PDA

View Full Version : Pit Stop tire selection bug?

Asturbo
30-03-2016, 20:51
There are some cars in the game with only one dry tire.

For example the Formula Renault only has 2 tyres: Michelin FR35 Slick and Michelin FR35 Rain.

So in the setup (in boxes), you only can select Auto, Slick (hard) or Rain. If you go to you pit stop strategy you have the same options. In this case the options appears as “hard” and “rain”.

BUT, if you create a new pit stop strategy, by default appears “SOFT”. You can change the pressures (by default at max) and save de strategy with this unknow tyres. If you try to change the tires only have the hard and wet option.

Some players told me that with this configuration, and setting de setup tires in auto for the start of the race, you are faster, but I can’t confirm.

I don’t know if this is a real physics bug that affects the performance of the players, or only an interface bug of the tire selection plus a placebo effect, but all players of my comunity are using this configuration.

https://youtu.be/4jxR0g4VNC8

31-03-2016, 03:33
Hmmmm....Interesting...thanks for sharing.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
31-03-2016, 11:03
When trying it out, be sure to also check the telemetry HUD screen that shows the name of the currently equipped tyre.

Sankyo
31-03-2016, 13:13
Could you confirm that using the soft tyres gives significantly different (faster) lap times?

FR-Alan
31-03-2016, 14:44
Could you confirm that using the soft tyres gives significantly different (faster) lap times?
I dont think that's the main problem to confirm first.
However, he can confirm that there is a bug in setups (default) who could able the selection of others kind of tires. It s quite clear in the video.
Now IMO, have they the same charectiristic or not with different callings ? it s not his job, it s not our job to verify that. It is already "enoughly" hard to know what tires are set to default...
Regards,

Bealdor
31-03-2016, 16:43
Which tires does the telemetry HUD show when using this strategy?

beetes_juice
31-03-2016, 16:49
Swore I've heard of this over xbl chat or a post in here. Thinking back I have a hunch this is a UI bug that dosen't translate over to actually using a different tire.

Again, this was a few months ago so just trying to think back. Remco's post should be the first thing tested. If faster, you've found a mystery tire, if not, UI bug that does not give advantages.

*Edit: Jussi's post should be the first thing tested.

kevin kirk
31-03-2016, 16:53
I dont think that's the main problem to confirm first.
However, he can confirm that there is a bug in setups (default) who could able the selection of others kind of tires. It s quite clear in the video.
Now IMO, have they the same charectiristic or not with different callings ? it s not his job, it s not our job to verify that. It is already "enoughly" hard to know what tires are set to default...
Regards,
......... edited, Sorry I just got amused at someone reply to a moderator request to another WMD member to test something as "not his job"