PDA

View Full Version : GOTY edition and DLC buying strategy...

MarleyMoo
30-03-2016, 21:06
I kinda want to get some DLC's, but with the coming release of GOTY edition, should I wait? Is there going to be a season pass kind of bundle that upgrades to the GOTY content?

What if I want to use it with a Rift? Is the Oculus store the only option?

I don't see this matter stickied, so please point me to some info if there has been any.

cluck
30-03-2016, 21:18
I kinda want to get some DLC's, but with the coming release of GOTY edition, should I wait? Is there going to be a season pass kind of bundle that upgrades to the GOTY content?

What if I want to use it with a Rift? Is the Oculus store the only option?

I don't see this matter stickied, so please point me to some info if there has been any.The GOTY edition will ship with all of the DLC content currently released, including the upcoming pack with the 24hr Nordschleife layout track and Pagani cars. If you have the majority of the DLC already then it will be cheaper to just buy the remaining DLC. There is no 'season pass' bundle at the moment and there is no word of one coming so best thing to do is add up the cost of whatever DLC you don't own and see if it's cheaper than buying the GOTY edition :).

re. The Rift, the Oculus Store is currently the only way to have full Rift support. The Steam versions will be patched as soon as the devs can do so :). If you have a DK2 then there is already support of sorts in pCARS on the Steam version but it does not work with the new Oculus 1.3 runtime - it only works on runtime v0.8.

Blunt RS
30-03-2016, 22:26
Personally think its a awesome edition to add to the collection. Which I will be buying even though i already have the Limited Edition copy. I don't understand the pricing though. Goty 39.99 All DlC's Inc, Limited Edition 59.99 DLC's not inc. I don't know how much all the DLC's add upto but surely its to cheap not that am complaining. Last sept i regrettably waisted 90 on a Ultimate Edition game which i don't want to mention.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
30-03-2016, 22:29
I don't understand the pricing though. Goty 39.99 All DlC's Inc, Limited Edition 59.99 DLC's not incThe difference there is 12 months. Wait another year and you'll probably be able to nab the game on Steam for 20€ with all the DLC or something. =)

Pisshead30
01-04-2016, 10:40
Release date is 6th May