PDA

View Full Version : Oculus Home Redeem of Key when I bought the game trough a reseller for Steam

procrash
31-03-2016, 08:30
Hi,

how does the process work for redeeming a key for Oculus Home. I bought the game on kinguin for steam and now I'd like to have a key for Oculus Home as well. I hope I do not have to rebuy the game for this. I didn't found anything on your webpage how the process works and the info@slightlymadstudios.com forwards me to this forum.

Can you tell me what needs to be done to receive the redeem key?

Cheers,

Wolfgang

cluck
31-03-2016, 09:27
It isn't available yet, the devs and all the necessary parties (Steam, Bandai Namco and Oculus) are working out the exact process. It is worth noting that you will NOT just get an Oculus Home key for free if you have not purchased all of the DLC content on Steam - the Oculus version contains all the DLC released to date and will get the next DLC (out in May, at the same time as the Game of The Year edition) added automatically for free.

The devs are also hard at work updating the Steam version to be compatible with the latest Oculus Runtime (at the moment the Steam version only works with runtime 0.8).

eracerhead
31-03-2016, 15:19
I won't have Oculus for some time, so don't really have a dog in this hunt. However, is there a specific reason why users need to use (read: purchase) the full version incl. all the DLCs, vs. simply releasing a small, free Steam patch with the updated runtime? Or even charging a small nominal fee for those users who want just that functionality without all the DLCs tacked on?

Is there a requirement to run all games through Oculus Home with specific game versions? Watching from the cheap seats, this all seems quite confusing.

crowtrobot
31-03-2016, 15:28
I won't have Oculus for some time, so don't really have a dog in this hunt. However, is there a specific reason why users need to use (read: purchase) the full version incl. all the DLCs, vs. simply releasing a small, free Steam patch with the updated runtime? Or even charging a small nominal fee for those users who want just that functionality without all the DLCs tacked on?

Is there a requirement to run all games through Oculus Home with specific game versions? Watching from the cheap seats, this all seems quite confusing.
I think the idea is that there will eventually be a *free* small/large Steam patch to get Steam users on the updated runtime.

The DLC-buying comes into play for Steam users who want to migrate over to the Oculus Home store, since the Oculus Home version is the GOTY edition. I think the reasoning is that they don't want to "give the DLC away for free" by giving GOTY codes to people who may only have a vanilla version on Steam. As to why the Home version needed to be the GOTY version, that is anyone's guess.

cluck
31-03-2016, 15:30
The Steam version will be getting an update, regardless of how many DLCs you have purchased. The only reason for the need to have ALL the DLC is if you want to get a key (which may or may not come, SMS et al are working on that at the moment) to activate your Steam version on the Oculus Store, the reason being that the Oculus store contains all the DLC already :).

In short, IF the key system can be sorted then it is likely that this will come first, followed by the Steam version patch. But as of right now (31st March 2016), the only way to play pCARS with the new Oculus runtime is to buy the version on the Oculus Store.

Maurice Boeschen
01-05-2016, 14:56
The Steam version will be getting an update, regardless of how many DLCs you have purchased. The only reason for the need to have ALL the DLC is if you want to get a key (which may or may not come, SMS et al are working on that at the moment) to activate your Steam version on the Oculus Store, the reason being that the Oculus store contains all the DLC already :).

In short, IF the key system can be sorted then it is likely that this will come first, followed by the Steam version patch. But as of right now (31st March 2016), the only way to play pCARS with the new Oculus runtime is to buy the version on the Oculus Store.

Any update? Would also like to have a separate key to join pCars through the Oculus Home, like Elite dangerous which gave every steam owner a new oculus home key..