PDA

View Full Version : One thing I've wanted to do in console racing games for ages

Redslayer
31-03-2016, 22:00
I'd like to be able to rename the AI. Mainly because I'd like to throw some of my friends names in there for when I'm racing offline. Plus I could cuss them out in real life if their AI counter part wrecked me.

Titzon Toast
31-03-2016, 22:10
That would be cool alright, but I think SMS actually flog the AI names to contributors.

Redslayer
01-04-2016, 04:22
That would be cool alright, but I think SMS actually flog the AI names to contributors.
They could still leave the defaults that, and leave an option to reset to defaults.

Salty Dog
01-04-2016, 05:11
PC offers names of AI to people who have bought into the game, so the chances of them doing this are probably non existent, but i agree its a cool idea to have the ability to change the names yourself.

cluck
01-04-2016, 07:20
That would be cool alright, but I think SMS actually flog the AI names to contributors.Just to clarify this, SMS did not separately 'sell' us (WMD backers) the ability to have our name in the game as an AI driver. It was one of many 'perks' of membership above a certain level. Even then, not everybody bothered - either wanting to remain private or because they never bothered taking part in the development and missed their chance. So although, technically, WMD members did 'buy' their AI name into the game, it wasn't an individual thing.

I just wanted to clear that up because the words "flog the AI names" might give some the impression that SMS sold that as a separate thing at some point :)

Pisshead30
01-04-2016, 10:23
I'd like to be able to rename the AI. Mainly because I'd like to throw some of my friends names in there for when I'm racing offline. Plus I could cuss them out in real life if their AI counter part wrecked me.

Do u mean like the way the drivatar names are in forza6? People on your friends list names are the people you race against offline

Redslayer
01-04-2016, 20:41
Do u mean like the way the drivatar names are in forza6? People on your friends list names are the people you race against offline

I haven't played Forza 6, once I found out what they were doing to Forza 5, and that my wheel (Forza branded Fanatec CSR) wasn't going to work at all on XBO but may potentially work on PS4 (which it does) I went PS4 this gen. But that sounds acceptable.

Pisshead30
02-04-2016, 08:31
I haven't played Forza 6, once I found out what they were doing to Forza 5, and that my wheel (Forza branded Fanatec CSR) wasn't going to work at all on XBO but may potentially work on PS4 (which it does) I went PS4 this gen. But that sounds acceptable.

I was gonna get an xbox1 for forza5 but decided to get a ps4 for driveclub which turned out to be a good idea because forza5 turned out be pretty shit. However when I saw the forza6 xbox1 I had to buy it and im enjoying its thoroughly especially the Porsche expansion

Redslayer
02-04-2016, 20:28
I was gonna get an xbox1 for forza5 but decided to get a ps4 for driveclub which turned out to be a good idea because forza5 turned out be pretty shit. However when I saw the forza6 xbox1 I had to buy it and im enjoying its thoroughly especially the Porsche expansion

Well, apparently Forza 6 (while albeit a cut down version) will be coming to PC on windows 10. As luck would have it, I just built my PC last summer (I7 4790k, 16gb ram, R9 390 8GB) with windows 10 lol. Usually once they start doing that, the full version of the game isn't too far away, so maybe Forza 7 on PC. I'll get it without a doubt.

Pisshead30
03-04-2016, 10:07
Well, apparently Forza 6 (while albeit a cut down version) will be coming to PC on windows 10. As luck would have it, I just built my PC last summer (I7 4790k, 16gb ram, R9 390 8GB) with windows 10 lol. Usually once they start doing that, the full version of the game isn't too far away, so maybe Forza 7 on PC. I'll get it without a doubt.

Forza6 apex is free for those with windows ten

Titzon Toast
03-04-2016, 12:02
Just to clarify this, SMS did not separately 'sell' us (WMD backers) the ability to have our name in the game as an AI driver. It was one of many 'perks' of membership above a certain level. Even then, not everybody bothered - either wanting to remain private or because they never bothered taking part in the development and missed their chance. So although, technically, WMD members did 'buy' their AI name into the game, it wasn't an individual thing.

I just wanted to clear that up because the words "flog the AI names" might give some the impression that SMS sold that as a separate thing at some point :)

I wasn't trying to make it out to be bad thing man, I just worded it badly.
I'd love to have an ai driver called TitzonToast!

cluck
03-04-2016, 12:33
I wasn't trying to make it out to be bad thing man, I just worded it badly.
I'd love to have an ai driver called TitzonToast!Not taken as such :). I was just clarifying in case others mis-interpreted it :).

Redslayer
03-04-2016, 17:58
Forza6 apex is free for those with windows ten

Free you say? ... *goes to look*

Now I'm excited :D Glad I went with windows 10 now lol The only thing I miss about my 360 is Forza.